GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 302 comments
breaking my silence after over a year of that controversial update, on one hand i'm glad people are still thinking of/talking about (speculating?) the only missing 'vette generation but kinda embarassing that they're not getting enough traction (hopefully it's not my fault 🙏)

Hmm august of last summer, with the movie delay, began the series of updates which confused the ever loving 💩 out of me. Which eventually led me to speculate that the marketing people, of which generally speaking..are tools who should be telling no one whats ‘cool,’ seemed as if they took over for a while. And while some of you appreciated specII, its been pretty barren for me until 1.49.

Personally, if they just cleaned up the physics across the problematic vehicles and/or(?) polish up the physics update, which includes tuning up the ffb for the wheels. It would be great. The game doesn’t need more faux photography locations, nor silly cafe menu’s. Heck if the physics continue to move in the direction they have..which i love! I don’t even care about new cars as the ones we have now possess more uniqueness than previously making them much more interesting and accessible.

What we do need is the force implementation fixed up for the logitech folks and the fanatec people would love to not surf a super oscillation machine…and we would definitely appreciate Sony implementing full force. Its kinda absurd that its taken so long frankly.

If fact its taken so long that rational excuses escape me and i often wonder if Sony is putting a thumb on the scale of fanatecs problems. Ill concede that part of the suspicion comes from years of being around a bunch of corporate litigators and hearing all of the crazy stories. Dunno…but the time frame for implementing full force has definitely crossed into the absurd. Particularly give the logi force setting was supported on release. Its not as if sony doesn’t have the resources 🤷‍♂️

They'll probably add more Scapes locations in addition to whatever else is added, since it's fairly low-effort to create new locations.

If they've update (I doubt), I think could includes a few things. Maybe 3 cars and scapes.

Kaz forgot the experience for 1 single player / history mode and it's very sad...

Last edited:
I know it's silly and I'm yet to get a single car right, but I can't resist giving this a go. Trends I'm using to predict:
  • There has not been a 2020s full production or race car in the 2024 updates so far.
  • No manufacturer has had more than two cars in the 2024 updates so far. In particular, Toyota and Nissan have only had one car each.
  • Three of the last four updates have had a race car, all of which have been in the 1998-2000 model range.
  • The Chevelle is unique in two ways - it is the only pre-1985 car to have come in the last year, and it is also the only American car to have come in the 2024 updates.
  • Almost half (11/23) of 2024 update cars have been 4WD.
With that, I'm going to go with:
  • 2018 Mazda Roadster RF (the hardtop) - in the datamine, extends an existing model line which we know they like doing, a manufacturer not yet represented in 2024, modern but not 2020s.
  • 1992 Nissan R32 GT-R JTCC - Continues the '90s race car theme, is a race car version of a road car already in the game like the Impreza and NSX were, is probably the most famous Japanese race car not yet in the game so you'd think they'd get around to it eventually. 4WD.
  • 2010s VW Beetle - Another modern-but-not-2020s car, it's a base model for a Gr.3 car so you'd think they have the data for it, the VW Group have been generous between Lamborghini and Audi so far this year but VW themselves have been absent.
I look forward to being incredibly wrong!

@GBalao888 @TumeK5

b5c294c8-1230-4914-9714-15f80bd10168_text.gif

Adding new Lotus in the future Gran Turismo Series.
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise '11
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Emira First Edition '22
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Lotus Evora '09

Adding new Lotus in the future Gran Turismo Series.
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise '11
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Emira First Edition '22
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Lotus Evora '09
That's certainly an interesting prediction. What's it based on?

Just a couble of days now to find out if we get an update or not this month, between 3-5 cars should be fair. Ferrari 812 superfast and BMW m5 e60 has been on the datamine list for the longest time so should be anytime now.

Everyone keeps posting, “physics fixes.” What would need to be fixed other than the cars leaping in the air with a very specific unrealistic car setup that was already patched.

I think the new physics is perfect. Closer to iracing and less arcade sim.
It’s reasonable to assume that they have continued to tweak some things after the big changes one month ago.

Everyone keeps posting, “physics fixes.” What would need to be fixed other than the cars leaping in the air with a very specific unrealistic car setup that was already patched.

I think the new physics is perfect. Closer to iracing and less arcade sim.
Im a big fan of the physics too, and certainly not calling for a reverting. However, that last patch felt like more of a bandaid. Think lots are hoping they clean it up and continue moving forward. There’s always the force functions for both fana and logi which need attention as well.

Yeah, 1.50 was definitely an emergency patch to stop the funny Sambabus videos specifically rather than a root cause fix for the suspension issues.

It wouldn't shock me if said root cause fix was still a couple of updates away, I can't imagine physics code being easy to write or validate.

Yeah, 1.50 was definitely an emergency patch to stop the funny Sambabus videos specifically rather than a root cause fix for the suspension issues.

It wouldn't shock me if said root cause fix was still a couple of updates away, I can't imagine physics code being easy to write or validate.
I'm not so sure it's a "physics code" fix at all. I suspect it might just be some cars needing parameters adjusted. PD probably got the physics to a state where they said "OK time to get this out into the wild. The people will let us know in no time about specific car issues."

Im a big fan of the physics too, and certainly not calling for a reverting. However, that last patch felt like more of a bandaid. Think lots are hoping they clean it up and continue moving forward. There’s always the force functions for both fana and logi which need attention as well.
Yes, I think that was a quick fix too

Back