GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 307 comments
Beginning to think that with no content in August, GTWS at the end of September and an imminent PS5 Pro announcement, there will only be two more updates this year. A small one maybe early September and another major (potentially Spec 3) update in November. Not exactly an original opinion, but this is what I’m anticipating.

In all fairness it's not unheard of for them to delay an update to the start of the next month so they can do a bigger update the end of the following month. It's happened a few times.
Which is why I said “probably”. I was only trying to explain what looked like a misunderstanding over semantics.

Some of you guys seem to really be trying hard to convince yourselves there may still somehow be an update any day now :lol:
Well, there's still two days left this month...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

I have a feeling polyphony digital must be hard at work on ps5 pro patch, this is why no update this month
The PS5 Pro that was meant to be announced in April, now September… that one?

If we treat those rumors as if they were true, then the patch would be the Nov/December release.

Any patch designed for the PS5 Pro would've had to have started months ago and would unlikely disrupt work on existing patches.

If there is no update this month which it looks it there won't be one I am fine with that. After buying the Daytona my funds are kinda low so I don't have enough credits to get the new cars anyway 🤣

Can't help but feel like there's abit of desperation in these PS5 pro speculations, as if some of you are really trying to manifest some grand update with all new features for GT7 when in all likely hood as usual, it ain't that deep.
Especially since, not only were the (graphics-only) changes between the PS4 and PS4 Pro versions of Sport only (mostly) subtle (Pro's main calling card was 4K and HDR), but were already baked into the launch-day version as the PS4 Pro had been out for roughly a year.

Last edited:
Can't help but feel like there's abit of desperation in these PS5 pro speculations, as if some of you are really trying to manifest some grand update with all new features for GT7 when in all likely hood as usual, it ain't that deep.
Yeah it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
I am not expecting Spec III update with PS5 Pro but rather same type of update like they did with PS VR2 or like the update with more graphical settings

I personally am expecting a track to come with a hypothetical (November?) Pro update, because that's how PD have worked lately in terms of grouping tracks together with other big features (Grand Valley packaged with VR2, Lake Louise packaged with Spec II, Eiger Nordwand packaged with the physics overhaul).

I am not expecting anything content-wise beyond one track + the usual cars to go along with it in that update - the Pro graphical updates would themselves be the "other big feature" in the equation. If they're designing any kind of new single-player experience at this point it'd almost certainly be for GT8; they aren't going to give us a new career for free!

Back