GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Golded the sectors last night and am 2/10 off the gold lap. THat's another hour or so I'll never get back lol...I should probably just have done Sardegna a couple times and made the 1.5 million instead. I really don't like the CEs...I find the "one and done" format incredibly irritating. This is with the controller not the wheel rig.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you for the advice. Nailing everything in the lap is the key for getting a gold time. That's the way GT operates.
Honestly, often golding the lap is easier than the individual sections. Since the lap is longer there is more of a time tolerance for mistakes given. YMMV but I found the first section the hardest part of this TT to gold. Even still, if it took more than five tries I'd be surprised as the CE was the very fist experience with this track and new physics model I had.

Good luck.

Gave this thing another dozen or so attempts. Nope. I watched the demo again too and found a couple spots where I was changing gears slightly later. I don't know. I'm sorta bummed to be honest. I've been playing GT for decades...I had all the CEs done in GT Sport and don't remember any of them being crazy hard. I'm a pretty comfortable silver guy in the TTs with the occasional gold - although it's never a 4 or 5 lap and done effort for me. These game challenge things (the CEs and license tests) in GT7 I'm finding to be very frustrating. Not all of them...I've completed quite a few and some were pretty easy. But some feel like an absolute chore, and I'm not sure it makes any sense from a game design perspective. I don't think I'm learning anything very worthwhile doing lap after lap of Eiger in this specific car trying to scrape a couple tenths off jusst to get a check mark on the bingo card.

Anyway, you guys getting gold in 2 or 3 attempts think you're "nothing special?" Well hold my beer! :lol:

Last edited:
Gave this thing another dozen or so attempts. Nope. I watched the demo again too and found a couple spots where I was changing gears slightly later. I don't know. ...
That's definitely NOT ! the reason. Never - for no one struggling here.

Last edited:
YMMV but I found the first section the hardest part of this TT to gold.
Same here. Sector 2 and 3 on the first try, the full lap on the third try (with about 350ms to spare), but sector 1 took me about ten attempts. I'm really not a great driver. This is definitely one of the easier Circuit Experiences.

Last edited:
I think maybe you and I have a different definition of "special." lol. I'm curious, do you take part in the online TTs? If so, what would you say is your general level? Do you usually gold them?

For myself, I just did about 20 attempts at the full lap and got into silver twice.

I actually do think a number of the CE's are too difficult. I'd feel a little differently if there was some reward for getting silver, but there isn't. It's bronze and then gold or nothing.
I don’t usually do TTs but I did happen to try the Tokyo one earlier, did hit silver after 2 laps but I don’t know that I could attain a gold there. Haven’t attempted the Scoobie one.

I dunno, I don’t think my level is high, I’m maybe just quick to get a decent run in a shorter period of time. Skill ceilings etc. I wouldn’t have thought gold on Eiger would indicate a high skill ceiling

Last edited:
I don’t usually do TTs but I did happen to try the Tokyo one earlier, did hit silver after 2 laps but I don’t know that I could attain a gold there. Haven’t attempted the Scoobie one.

I dunno, I don’t think my level is high, I’m maybe just quick to get a decent run in a shorter period of time. Skill ceilings etc. I wouldn’t have thought gold on Eiger would indicate a high skill ceiling
no it probably doesn't since it seems I'm the only person having any trouble with it at all! :lol:

Hey man, there’s sticking points for all of us. I can’t do Nordschleife Gold
america GIF

what a loser 🤣
I may be able to gold Eiger quite "easily" but the Nordschleife... it is my Everest 😅

Lol yeah, like most of the CEs I bronzed it long ago but I've already put about 5 hours into Nord and only have gold on a couple sectors...

For me, most of the Circuit Experience events I've done so far (I've made a second account for my younger brother) were slightly easier than when the game released, especially before the first physics update, relating to force feedback.

Tracks such as Autopolis, Brands Hatch, Mount Panorama and Lake Louise were easier than I thought. But out of all tracks so far, High Speed Ring is absolute hell.

Some food (or fuel) for thought: turn off traction control. You'll also have to take chances with your approaches and speed on some of the corners. I always turn on the ideal racing line and brake markers so I can get a better approach on the apexes of most of the corners.

Still yet to see if the Nurburgring is any easier or harder though, but I'm about to do the Asia-Oceania Cup which will unlock that, as well as Dragon Trail and the Red Bull Ring.

Last edited:
Honestly, often golding the lap is easier than the individual sections. Since the lap is longer there is more of a time tolerance for mistakes given. YMMV but I found the first section the hardest part of this TT to gold. Even still, if it took more than five tries I'd be surprised as the CE was the very fist experience with this track and new physics model I had.

Good luck.
Wow, you think so. I usually think it's the other way around because all Sectors have to be driven in a quick manner without many errors/mistakes.

@Lomic great work, what was your time because you're not on my friends list yet. I don't think.

Last edited:
america GIF

what a loser 🤣
I may be able to gold Eiger quite "easily" but the Nordschleife... it is my Everest 😅
Hey man, I have the sectors gold, I just crumble every other corner on the full run 😭

I need to start trying it again. It’s annoying not having that box checked

Well I know the lap attack at Watkins Glen is a bitch to pass, the best time I got was a 1'48.560. And that was after 20 laps.

For me, most of the Circuit Experience events I've done so far (I've made a second account for my younger brother) were slightly easier than when the game released, especially before the first physics update, relating to force feedback.

Tracks such as Autopolis, Brands Hatch, Mount Panorama and Lake Louise were easier than I thought. But out of all tracks so far, High Speed Ring is absolute hell.

Some food (or fuel) for thought: turn off traction control. You'll also have to take chances with your approaches and speed on some of the corners. I always turn on the ideal racing line and brake markers so I can get a better approach on the apexes of most of the corners.

Still yet to see if the Nurburgring is any easier or harder though, but I'm about to do the Asia-Oceania Cup which will unlock that, as well as Dragon Trail and the Red Bull Ring.
Well the tracks you're having trouble on, I would watch the demo ghost and maybe use his ghost. You can go in ghost settings and have the ghost be reset in each sector and you can set how far ahead you want the ghost so you can see his moves during the full lap session. it took me 30 attempts to finally earn a gold-level time on HSR, you have to have a high speed exit before the finish line.

Based on the difficulty of every track I tried, here it is...

Criteria:
  1. Fairly easy (!)
  2. Challenging (!!)
  3. Extremely challenging (!!!)
  4. Impossible
Each criteria is ranked on both the one-lap trial and sector challenges.

Fairly easy - Gold can be achieved with only a few amount of tries.

Challenging - Requires more tries in order to get gold.

Extremely challenging - Not for the faint of heart, and constant practice, as well as trial and error is almost required to get gold. It’s incredibly difficult, but possible.

Impossible - Almost near to impossible to get gold.
  1. Alsace - Challenging
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Challenging
  3. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Fairly easy
  4. Autopolis - Fairly easy
  5. Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Fairly easy
  6. Brands Hatch - Challenging
  7. Broad Bean Raceway - Fairly easy
  8. Colorado Springs - Challenging
  9. Daytona International Speedway - Challenging
  10. Deep Forest Raceway - Challenging
  11. Dragon Trail - Extremely challenging
  12. Eiger Nordwand - Fairly easy
  13. Fuji Speedway - Challenging
  14. Goodwood - Fairly easy
  15. Grand Valley - Highway 1 - Challenging
  16. High Speed Ring - Impossible
  17. Kyoto Driving Park - Challenging
  18. Lake Louise - Challenging
  19. Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - Challenging
  20. Mount Panorama Circuit - Challenging
  21. Northern Isle Speedway - Fairly easy
  22. Nurburgring - Extremely challenging
  23. Red Bull Ring - Fairly easy
  24. Sardegna - Road Track - Fairly easy
  25. Suzuka Circuit - Fairly easy
  26. Tokyo Expressway - Extremely challenging
  27. Trial Mountain Circuit - Challenging
  28. Tsukuba Circuit - Fairly easy
  29. Watkins Glen International - Challenging
  30. WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Challenging
  31. Willow Springs International Raceway - Fairly easy
For the Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit Experience, the one-lap time trial was somewhat manageable, but doing it by section was extremely challenging, especially in the Carousel.

I've done all the road CE's so far.
The most challenging, by far, was Tokyo. The ones with the Toyota and the Subaru realy challanged my patiance!
The Nordschleife was quite a surprise. I struggled with some sectors (the one with "youtube corner"), but i've done the full lap in my 1st not invalidated attempt. I can't remember the exact number, but i'm sure it took me less than 10 attempts.

I can't remember any other track. So they were more or less feasible for my very average driving skills. I've always watched the Demonstration and used it's ghost.
Not to forget: all done before 1.49!

What's left are all off road CE's. I'm not a fan of that and my 1st session at Sardegna didn't went well. But i want the credits ... ;)

@911RSR Well I know for certain that the hardest CE's are at Tokyo, Nurb. Nordschleife, Sardegna- Windmills, and Grand Valley. In Grand Valley I've only scored a gold time in Sector 1, Sectors 2, 3 and the lap attack, I've earned silver in all of them.

@911RSR Well I know for certain that the hardest CE's are at Tokyo, Nurb. Nordschleife, Sardegna- Windmills, and Grand Valley. In Grand Valley I've only scored a gold time in Sector 1, Sectors 2, 3 and the lap attack, I've earned silver in all of them.
"Sardegna- Windmills" is that the rally track? Like i mentioned, i've done a first try, only sector 1, i'm in silver but i'm not sure i can get gold. Driving rally tracks is a pure matter of luck to me! I'm just not able to take the same line twice.

Grand Valley? I realy can't remember. What car is used there? Must be one of the very first CE's i've done. Maybe the difficulty changed with the new physics?

"Sardegna- Windmills" is that the rally track? Like i mentioned, i've done a first try, only sector 1, i'm in silver but i'm not sure i can get gold. Driving rally tracks is a pure matter of luck to me! I'm just not able to take the same line twice.

Grand Valley? I realy can't remember. What car is used there? Must be one of the very first CE's i've done. Maybe the difficulty changed with the new physics?
The car used in GV is the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '18. I was able to earn a gold time in Sector 1 in 10 minutes. The other two Sectors and the lap attack seem to be giving me trouble. I've been stuck for over a year. I've earned all silver times in them though.

The car used in GV is the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '18. I was able to earn a gold time in Sector 1 in 10 minutes. The other two Sectors and the lap attack seem to be giving me trouble. I've been stuck for over a year. I've earned all silver times in them though.
Oh ok, i think i can remember the GT-R Nismo. It wasn't the easiest CE but it's also not as difficult as i.e. Tokyo.
The only hint i can give you is watching the demonstration to find where to break and what gear to use. Following the demo ghost may help as well, but sometimes it just distractes me and i'm better driving without a ghost.
Just keep trying and you'll make it!

Oh ok, i think i can remember the GT-R Nismo. It wasn't the easiest CE but it's also not as difficult as i.e. Tokyo.
The only hint i can give you is watching the demonstration to find where to break and what gear to use. Following the demo ghost may help as well, but sometimes it just distractes me and i'm better driving without a ghost.
Just keep trying and you'll make it!
Well I always wondered who that demo driver was, it has to be a professional that can master automatic gears. What were your times at GV?

Durn, they made the target times more difficult to achieve at Spa, now you have to get a lap under 2'18.500 in order to pass the lap attack. That's rough. Looks like I'm gonna have to gold all Sectors again to make sure I'm ready to tackle it.

Last edited:
Durn, they made the target times more difficult to achieve at Spa, now you have to get a lap under 2'18.500 in order to pass the lap attack. That's rough. Looks like I'm gonna have to gold all Sectors again to make sure I'm ready to tackle it.
The time might be lower, but it's not to make it more difficult. It's to reflect the fact that the car is faster after the physics update, making the old time much easier than before.

When the physics changes, the gold, silver, and bronze times change - up and down, depending on the car and track - to keep things roughly as difficult as before, and the leaderboards are wiped so that all times are set on the same physics for a level playing field.

Oh, well that is good news to hear, thanks for explaining that in detail. That motivates me to continue on with the CE's and not give up.

Well I always wondered who that demo driver was, it has to be a professional that can master automatic gears. What were your times at GV?
Hi, as it looks they've changed the times with the new physics on this CE as well! My gold time is or was 1:49,585. Now you need 1:48,8!
Only my 3rd sector time would still be gold with the new times:
Sector 1: 34,871
Sector 2: 37,241
Sector 3: 31,116

I haven't tried beating the new times, i was too busy with the AMG TT. :D

Coming back to the game after nearly 18 months has been interesting. Managed to gold Eiger and Lake Louise reasonably quickly, sector 1 of Lake Louise was toughest. Trying to finished off the ones I haven't got golds on yet, Fishermans Ranch (pretty much all of it), Le Mans (full lap, on silver) and both Tokyo Expressway East layouts.

Hi, as it looks they've changed the times with the new physics on this CE as well! My gold time is or was 1:49,585. Now you need 1:48,8!
Only my 3rd sector time would still be gold with the new times:
Sector 1: 34,871
Sector 2: 37,241
Sector 3: 31,116

I haven't tried beating the new times, i was too busy with the AMG TT. :D
Oh my, so I need to score a lap of maybe 1'48.700. Durn, now I'll have to push and study even harder! Sector 3 is the hardest one to obtain a gold time on TBH. Idk about you guys.

Last edited:
Back