GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,372 comments
Why does GT7 have these META CARS? it just turns races into a one make series. I did a bunch of laps in races and qualifying at Interlagos in my usual cars, then rented the Alpha and was immediately 2 seconds faster on lap 1.
I don't get it....and you cant buy the Alpha..its never in legend cars anymore.

COME ON MAN WHY THE HAND SHIFTER IS NOT WORKING WITH RACE A 🤬🤬 :banghead::banghead:

ITS ALLOWED TO TUNE THE CARS SO WHY THE HAND SHIFTER IS LOCKED

Why does GT7 have these META CARS? it just turns races into a one make series. I did a bunch of laps in races and qualifying at Interlagos in my usual cars, then rented the Alpha and was immediately 2 seconds faster on lap 1.
I don't get it....and you cant buy the Alpha..its never in legend cars anymore.

Well, I thought I was fast in Race B in the Huracan.

Did one lap in the Alfa without a warn up and knocked a second off my best time. 😅

Last edited:
The pp system might be about to get fixed, but I got the fastest tune in the world for the Viper first.

Well, the pp system was not fixed, but at least a lot of people are starting to use a Mopar now and the top times are close again.
20220706_053824.jpg

I'll try again in 12 hours or so to improve, but I think I might switch to jelly cars for racing. The Hellcat swapped '70 Challenger should be fun as a jelly car.

I actually really appreciate people exposing the PP system - people now getting 964hp for 449 pp in the Viper… but for me that about does it for tuning races. Flipping the switches up and down to make the “worst” possible combination in order to win unranked races by 32 seconds isn’t my idea of fun, but to each their own.

COME ON MAN WHY THE HAND SHIFTER IS NOT WORKING WITH RACE A 🤬🤬 :banghead::banghead:

ITS ALLOWED TO TUNE THE CARS SO WHY THE HAND SHIFTER IS LOCKED
Because it's an advantage that not everyone can use. Anyone can tune how they want, but those who haven't got a hand shifter can't use the exploit to gain unfair speed

Because it's an advantage that not everyone can use. Anyone can tune how they want, but those who haven't got a hand shifter can't use the exploit to gain unfair speed
Using a gate shifter and clutch is an advantage over paddles? Is there some sort of GT glitch that makes it so, because that's not true to real life.

Had another shot at daily c (B lobby) and my average lap times are coming down now. 2.00 in the BRZ. My only issue I have is these 1 stoppers that just seem to think it’s ok to dive for corners or push to pass as they dont want to get held up. I let all racer by if they are quicker as I dont want to lose time, but still they manage to make a mess of things and hit me.

Had another shot at daily c (B lobby) and my average lap times are coming down now. 2.00 in the BRZ. My only issue I have is these 1 stoppers that just seem to think it’s ok to dive for corners or push to pass as they dont want to get held up. I let all racer by if they are quicker as I dont want to lose time, but still they manage to make a mess of things and hit me.
I tried one race and literally not a soul stopped, to make it worse, their pace was on mine and i was stopping...... like what? How folks sip fuel and circulate at 1.58 on worn rubber is absolutely beyond me.

I'm out. Doing some circuit experiences to build the bank account, damn Trial Mountain sector 1 is hard.

Last edited:
I actually really appreciate people exposing the PP system - people now getting 964hp for 449 pp in the Viper… but for me that about does it for tuning races. Flipping the switches up and down to make the “worst” possible combination in order to win unranked races by 32 seconds isn’t my idea of fun, but to each their own.
You have a good point. I doubt PD want their game to be seen as Wacky Races. The more turd-tune YouTube vids, the better.

.....is that possible without screaming? Seriously, do you think this is interesting or enjoyable to read for anyone?
:lol::lol::lol::lol: sorry brother i forgot the caps lock on 😅

its part of the game like a steering wheel option.
you want to play by a controller or steering wheel

I tried one race and literally not a soul stopped, to make it worse, their pace was on mine and i was stopping...... like what? How folks sip fuel and circulate at 1.58 on worn rubber is absolutely beyond me.

I'm out. Doing some circuit experiences to build the bank account, damn Trial Mountain sector 1 is hard.
Haha yes. I genuinely don’t understand how these people do it. This is when fuel saving races just become a joke. If your no good at fuel saving no matter what strategy you use you somehow end up losing.

Just seen this posted on the GT twitter. Is this a teaser for next weeks daily race?

Haha yes. I genuinely don’t understand how these people do it. This is when fuel saving races just become a joke. If your no good at fuel saving no matter what strategy you use you somehow end up losing.

Just seen this posted on the GT twitter. Is this a teaser for next weeks daily race?

I hope not, it would be the third time. Maybe they're just talking about the F1 race in Austria this weekend? Or maybe Manu series?

it’s completely useless. the tuning balance would actually be much much better if it was even just power to weight ratio. but yes this really shows they haven’t fixed pp in any way after the transmission thing, just doing the same manipulation with suspension. i want to race tuned cars but this is pointless

Last edited:
it’s completely useless. the tuning balance would actually be much much better if it was even just power to weight ratio. but yes this really shows they haven’t fixed pp in any way after the transmission thing, just doing the same manipulation with suspension. i want to race tuned cars but this is pointless
Yeah, obviously, they don't have things figured out, yet. Their programming for tuning is broken.
Example:
You move the ride height up 1 millimeter, and PP goes up to 501.2. Then move it up 1 more millimeter, and it goes down to 499.6.
Increase your ballast weight by 1 kilo, and PP goes up.
What a joke. :lol:

A HP limit would be far, far easier to police and do away with all the complication.

Combined with the car weight. Should be a relatively simple formula. Everything else, fiddling with the settings to make your car faster, should be up to the user. Just like in real life, where racing engineers are allowed (and payed) to do exactly this, within the limitations given by the rules, but without the danger of being excluded from a race because they suddenly have made the car too good.

A HP limit would be far, far easier to police and do away with all the complication.

Combined with the car weight. Should be a relatively simple formula. Everything else, fiddling with the settings to make your car faster, should be up to the user. Just like in real life, where racing engineers are allowed (and payed) to do exactly this, within the limitations given by the rules, but without the danger of being excluded from a race because they suddenly have made the car too good.
It seems like that would work.
A horsepower maximum, and a weight minimum, then do what ever else you want. 👍

its part of the game like a steering wheel option.
you want to play by a controller or steering wheel

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

Using a gate shifter and clutch is an advantage over paddles? Is there some sort of GT glitch that makes it so, because that's not true to real life.
There's a glitch allowing you to pre-choose gears and insta-switch. That's why it's banned in sport mode

The pp system might be about to get fixed, but I got the fastest tune in the world for the Viper first.

I remember you!!!
Well, the pp system was not fixed, but at least a lot of people are starting to use a Mopar now and the top times are close again.
View attachment 1169738
I'll try again in 12 hours or so to improve, but I think I might switch to jelly cars for racing. The Hellcat swapped '70 Challenger should be fun as a jelly car.
YOU!?! I was there for one of the races in a yellow evo v yesterday and saw the time and had to do a double take. These time differences are mental.

Ok, I have to beg for some help here: I tried to drive an MR on Race C today and it was miserable. Can someone please teach me how to drive and MR car that is BoP for a race? The BoP seems to be the key because when I did some time trials after the CE on the track it went just fine. As soon as I joined the online race the car was all over the place even with fresh tires and half a tank of gas.

Help!

Got my first win as an A+ rated driver today. Not exactly a stacked lobby, but it still counts!

9850335d6c8373c99ebb2b57086f9c98_photo.webp

772af05d8a8bf5993d3f12f8b6bc799e_photo.webp
Congratulations!!! Unfortunately, I won’t be racing with you again any time soon. I did so badly at Nurburgring that I got demoted back to a C driver, and probably headed back down to D soon at this rate!

Edit: The Moderator has turned this post into a non-sequitor:
Has anybody noticed that the chicane in race C is being penalized differently this evening? I’ve been abusing the heck out of the curbs all day, but suddenly I’m getting penalties if I just look at it sideways for the past couple of hours. Am I going mad, or did something change?!

Last edited:
Did quite a few Race B's and to be fair there was some good racing once i got my elbows out, but there was loads of the usual stuff we are sadly familiar with. The majority of which i just didn't wanna get involved with which was sadly to my detriment as i just went backwards. I tried my best to not use the Alfa, but after half a dozen races in the GTR and one in the TT i gave in and used it for my last race. Nearly every race i was looking in the mirror more than where i was going, don't think i took my usual line into turn 4 or 6 as i knew someone would just dive up the inside of me.

Also did one Race C and FML i am crap at fuel saving. I was the only BRZ in the race and felt pretty confident everyone else had made a mistake picking the 911 or Beetle....but jeez i was so wrong.

Farewell to my A+, hopefully we'll meet again soon x

Ok, I have to beg for some help here: I tried to drive an MR on Race C today and it was miserable. Can someone please teach me how to drive and MR car that is BoP for a race? The BoP seems to be the key because when I did some time trials after the CE on the track it went just fine. As soon as I joined the online race the car was all over the place even with fresh tires and half a tank of gas.

Help!
MR cars have been made pretty much undriveable by PD. For some reason they made changes in an early update and all them took a hit.
I was using the McLaren a lot at the start as it was quick and I like the way it drove, then for what ever reason it became crazy to handle and slow. Like you I want to be able to drive a mix of cars and the ones I want to drive are all MR cars (Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Lamborghini). I know the 911 works this week over one lap but I see some many people struggle during the race.

Halfway through the week and I have tried several cars for Race C. I think the Porsche is the optimal pick but the Jag is almost as good. Anything else has been too hard to maintain pace and conserve enough fuel.

I don’t drive the Beetle so I can’t make a call on it but it’s becoming very popular.

Is the penalty system remoevd? I did couple of race B this week and seems never got any penalty no matter i was forced off track or I forced someone off track

Back