GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,370 comments
“The Daily A with tuning allowed experience”

181d9be73015-screenshotUrl.png
181d9bea8d280-screenshotUrl.png
181d9bec4a852-screenshotUrl.png

I posted this a couple days ago: "I am no expert but I try to get most of my braking before turning in since they're super sensitive and get back on the gas asap - even if it doesn't feel natural - as it seems to settle them down." I think they're a completely different driving style and if you're trying to trail brake the MR cars get very unstable... which is odd. But, the way I've been able to make it work was get all but off the brakes before turning in. Then, at the apex, whether it feels like you should or not, give her a tiny bit of throttle (like at least 10%) and that settles the car down and keeps it from wanting to loop around. That was working okay for me, especially on T1.

Problem then is they love to understeer trying to come out of the turns. The only ways I found was to do a quick up shift or let off the throttle some to help dip the front of the car down, then ease back on the throttle. Feel like either one is losing time, though.

PX7 Grove Street has been using the Ferrari with a no stop and winning a lot of races pretty handily. But, you can tell he's really working for it at times.

I think your last bit is key. It's such a fine line though and not as forgiving. I also mentioned this a couple of pages ago about mitigating the slide, then understeer. "If you're really good with it and can manage both of those things at the same time I suppose it would be good." Problem is, that nice slide/rotation of the car eats tires.

I didn't mean it to sound like I didn't appreciate your input the other day. It's awesome advice! I'm just trying to get as much input as possible. I may start a new thread on this like I did with the TC0 thread to collect as much input as possible.

I watched that video you posted for a couple of the races. Hot damn that's good stuff! And way beyond me at this point. I've always love the Ferrari, but it's just a twitchy crank when BoPed and I spend more time off the track than on it! It was fun watching him actually driving in the corner, and I realize just how much he had to work to keep the car under control. I'm not there yet! But it gives me some interesting insight but even more questions, such as:
  • I noticed he's running around corners in 4th gear, and the hairpin in 3rd! He talked about this a bit after the second race and suggests the Beetle has enough torque to carry it out of a corner like this. Is this something I should be working on? I realize that the Ferrari has shorter gears than the 911 so it's going to be different, but I always thought that shifting down to a lower gear helps a car get around a corner quicker, but am I right in assuming that if the 911 is coasting (more or less) around a corner then the gear doesn't matter? Or is it harder to do that hairpin in 3rd? I've been doing it in 1st for a bit in order to get the nose around.
  • Or was he using higher gears to conserve fuel? Or a mixture of both? I noticed he was also going long on his time trial.
  • You mentioned shifting up to get the rear to settle, and I noticed in the video he did that in that last left-right before the chicane and he said out loud, "That slowed me down" or something to that effect. He didn't do it again from what I saw. Is this what you meant when you wrote about shifting up or easing on the throttle?
  • One thing I noticed when he was doing the esses after the hairpin is that he was going full throttle with maybe a little liftoff. This is where I tend to lose it in an MR, usually to the left. But I also know I'm not full throttle. Will I actually be better off with more throttle to keep the rear end settled? Or maybe 4th gear instead of 5th to keep the throttle wide open?
Ok, that's it for now. I appreciate everyone's input. And Talon, I'm sorry I won't be seeing you in a lobby any time soon since Race C has killed my driver ranking!!! And let me know if this is worth starting a separate thread.

The 911 may be MR but it drives like a 911. It needs to be beaten like it owes you money, keep the revs very, very high and use an extra gear change to help rotation. Once rotated, the grip on the back end is fantastic and you can fire out of corners. My issue is the brake balance is too far back and she wants to slide too much, if i could push the BB forward i'd gain a second a lap at NGP.

Speaking of 911's had a jolly good Race A last night in my 997 i built to look like my own car (Aqua blue metallic on silver wheels). Around the 300HP mark generating 1.25's in free air, a shame t get this that one needs to do the stupid ride height hack. In other races, the Mopar crew with eleventy billion HP sort of ruin the spirit of the race. The 997 is a nice drive, brake, pitch, rotate and hard gas out, the slight lack of HP is covered by the mid corner grip so with the right opponents, it was fun.

I didn't mean it to sound like I didn't appreciate your input the other day. It's awesome advice! I'm just trying to get as much input as possible. I may start a new thread on this like I did with the TC0 thread to collect as much input as possible.

I watched that video you posted for a couple of the races. Hot damn that's good stuff! And way beyond me at this point. I've always love the Ferrari, but it's just a twitchy crank when BoPed and I spend more time off the track than on it! It was fun watching him actually driving in the corner, and I realize just how much he had to work to keep the car under control. I'm not there yet! But it gives me some interesting insight but even more questions, such as:
  • I noticed he's running around corners in 4th gear, and the hairpin in 3rd! He talked about this a bit after the second race and suggests the Beetle has enough torque to carry it out of a corner like this. Is this something I should be working on? I realize that the Ferrari has shorter gears than the 911 so it's going to be different, but I always thought that shifting down to a lower gear helps a car get around a corner quicker, but am I right in assuming that if the 911 is coasting (more or less) around a corner then the gear doesn't matter? Or is it harder to do that hairpin in 3rd? I've been doing it in 1st for a bit in order to get the nose around.
  • Or was he using higher gears to conserve fuel? Or a mixture of both? I noticed he was also going long on his time trial.
  • You mentioned shifting up to get the rear to settle, and I noticed in the video he did that in that last left-right before the chicane and he said out loud, "That slowed me down" or something to that effect. He didn't do it again from what I saw. Is this what you meant when you wrote about shifting up or easing on the throttle?
  • One thing I noticed when he was doing the esses after the hairpin is that he was going full throttle with maybe a little liftoff. This is where I tend to lose it in an MR, usually to the left. But I also know I'm not full throttle. Will I actually be better off with more throttle to keep the rear end settled? Or maybe 4th gear instead of 5th to keep the throttle wide open?
Ok, that's it for now. I appreciate everyone's input. And Talon, I'm sorry I won't be seeing you in a lobby any time soon since Race C has killed my driver ranking!!! And let me know if this is worth starting a separate thread.
Definitely worth its own thread, IMO. Keeping in mind Grove is also a very fast/good driver in his own right; way beyond me as well. Although, I did beat him at Monza in Daily B a while back by .003", but he was using a fudd car. :lol:

c9ebf891cf71505f4de66b624430e957_photo.webp

Definitely worth its own thread, IMO. Keeping in mind Grove is also a very fast/good driver in his own right; way beyond me as well. Although, I did beat him at Monza in Daily B a while back by .003", but he was using a fudd car. :lol:

c9ebf891cf71505f4de66b624430e957_photo.webp
Oh, that guy was crazy fast. It was a little bit gratifying hearing him grouse about the other guys being faster in their qualis!

The 155 drivers being maniacal has its advantages when they turn on each other.View attachment 1170181
I just had my first Race B this week on my main account, finished in second place in a surprisingly clean race. Starting from P5, managed one overtake, P1 was super fast and disappeared in the distance all alone, P2 and P3 knocked each other out in a rather unlucky "racing incident", then chased me for the final five laps. I was a bit slower and went defensive, but aside from some minor contacts: no dumb stuff, no divebombs, no unfair actions from the guys behind me. Maybe people are learning... or it was just a random occurence.

DR can be a bit of a false representation. There’s daytime DR, evening DR, race B DR, race c DR. I’ve just gained about 5k DR running afternoon race b which I never would have doing it in the evening. My entire rating is a lie!
There's now also ps4 and ps5 DR :lol: Same race and time of day, I gain DR on ps5, lose it on ps4. Different matchmaking pools.

Only 1 race from me tonight as I'm tired of being bullied by the Alfa. They just go around me so easily on the outside in corners and it's just a bummer to race an entire field of them. Even with improving my time, I'm still start in P11 for my race. I did have a nice 4 car battle for P10 with another GT-R and 2 Alfa drivers. Every time I got ahead, the Alfa drivers would just scoot on by on the outside. On the final lap, I missed my brake point in T1 and I bail and hit the wall hard. I then fall to P14 where I finish.

I'm done for the week and I'm looking forward to Dragon Trail next week. I can do decent there and I haven't raced there in a while. Gr2. at Deep Forest looks like a recipe for chaos with no penalties and a tight track.

I was in that race (the yellow S2000), didn't even notice that guy was there until the timer came up when we still halfway through lap 5...

There's been a few runaway winners so far in the races I've done, about 20-30+seconds. But non as OP as that Viper. I don't get the fun in running away with a win to that extent, especially in a race with no DR/SR. Even for the farming of race win stats, that seems pointless...

Either way, there's decent racing to be had for the minor places behind. In that race I had a nice little battle with the MR2 and was closing in on the Evo at least.

Last edited:
I haven’t done much online racing since this game came out, but I started to do race b this week and the races have been very clean and intense. I’m loving fuel and tire wear being at 1x in particular.

I don’t own the Alfa but i’ve been using the WRX and it still feels like a top tier car in the race. My fastest qualy time is a 38.8xx but I know I can go a little quicker if I hook everything up. Tbh this has kind of reinvigorated me a bit.

I think maybe I'm done with Race C at Nurburgring this week. I'm starting consistently around P5 and getting punted either at the first turn or soon after on the twisty. I have no idea how to protect myself against the dive-bombers who fly down the right side of the straightaway and slam into the whole row or leaders. I'm finishing last every single race because of this and it's only making my rating drop. And it's just not fun. Once I'm in last I may as well be doing time trials if I'm going to drive all by myself.

If anyone has any survival strategies for sector 1, I'm all ears. I feel like I have to keep my elbows out and get mean, but I don't want to drive aggressively, so it seems best to just quit.

Edit: The worst part is that the punt/pitters don't get any penalties, and the few people who do only lose 3 seconds while I'm 20 seconds down.

Last edited:
I was in that race (the yellow S2000), didn't even notice that guy was there until the timer came up when we still halfway through lap 5...

There's been a few runaway winners so far in the races I've done, about 20-30+seconds. But non as OP as that Viper. I don't get the fun in running away with a win to that extent, especially in a race with no DR/SR. Even for the farming of race win stats, that seems pointless...

Either way, there's decent racing to be had for the minor places behind. In that race I had a nice little battle with the MR2 and was closing in on the Evo at least.
Word. Really weird.

I am sort of enjoying this race a, tuning, counts for nothing races but it is hard to find a sweet spot. If I max out the 997 gtw I can qualy with a low 22, leaving me 10 seconds a lap behind the viper crowd and 4 seconds a lap up on the mid pack.

I absolutely hate the way the car looks on replays with the rude height hack but it's so stupidly designed that if I click back even a few clicks at the front, I drop down to 211hp instead of 306, which now makes me to slow to fight the mid pack.

Unbelievable.

I am sort of enjoying this race a, tuning, counts for nothing races but it is hard to find a sweet spot. If I max out the 997 gtw I can qualy with a low 22, leaving me 10 seconds a lap behind the viper crowd and 4 seconds a lap up on the mid pack.

I absolutely hate the way the car looks on replays with the rude height hack but it's so stupidly designed that if I click back even a few clicks at the front, I drop down to 211hp instead of 306, which now makes me to slow to fight the mid pack.

Unbelievable.
Yeah, PD needs to just nix the suspension calculations for PP. It will inevitably lead to a glitch, and then the aero will, and then the LSD. They need to just do power and weight like, you know, real racing does.

Urgh. Got involved in a revenge scenario and dropped SR. Interlagos can be a particularly angry track. 🤣

Now I'm in with some right morons and need to scrap my way back up. I might actually go with the meta just to attempt to stay clear.

I think maybe I'm done with Race C at Nurburgring this week. I'm starting consistently around P5 and getting punted either at the first turn or soon after on the twisty. I have no idea how to protect myself against the dive-bombers who fly down the right side of the straightaway and slam into the whole row or leaders. I'm finishing last every single race because of this and it's only making my rating drop. And it's just not fun. Once I'm in last I may as well be doing time trials if I'm going to drive all by myself.

If anyone has any survival strategies for sector 1, I'm all ears. I feel like I have to keep my elbows out and get mean, but I don't want to drive aggressively, so it seems best to just quit.

Edit: The worst part is that the punt/pitters don't get any penalties, and the few people who do only lose 3 seconds while I'm 20 seconds down.
I know exactly how feel. So I’ve found the no stopper my best chance of gaining places or having a decent result, but as a result of this I’m obviously a bit slower and these faster car behind just divebomb at every corner. Had someone try and go up the inside on the fast chicane just after the hairpin. Annoys me as if they wait 1 or 2 corners they easily pass me, but they can’t wait and have to be dirty.

Other thing that bugs me is the last corner. People just parking the car on the middle of the corner waiting for the hit so they don’t get overtaken. Then they have the cheek to call you out in chat. Crazy!

I know exactly how feel. So I’ve found the no stopper my best chance of gaining places or having a decent result, but as a result of this I’m obviously a bit slower and these faster car behind just divebomb at every corner. Had someone try and go up the inside on the fast chicane just after the hairpin. Annoys me as if they wait 1 or 2 corners they easily pass me, but they can’t wait and have to be dirty.

Other thing that bugs me is the last corner. People just parking the car on the middle of the corner waiting for the hit so they don’t get overtaken. Then they have the cheek to call you out in chat. Crazy!
From your point of view I can understand you, but you have to put yourself in the position of the others, they sometimes lose 0.5 seconds or even more if they have to drive 1-2 corners behind a 0 stopper. The difference is clear , especially since some 1-stop drivers are traveling in other, sometimes faster, vehicles.
In addition, the 1 stop drivers are significantly faster even without a slipstream, also in the braking areas and when accelerating out.

I think the truth is somewhere in between, it's similar with tire strategy... Drivers on the harder tires are slower per lap but have an advantage in the race most of the time due to the pit lane... if you can go faster with softer tires you have to also do, otherwise the tactic is broken and the race is over.

Always not easy to find a balance, but time to time you can enjoy with fair racing drivers, when multiply overtaking of each other done clean.

Had a really good one on my B account yesterday. Decided to do a non-fudd quali lap right before the race in the Ford GT LM II and started 2nd. I decided yesterday that I was done doing race C on my main account as I have a lot more fun with the push-pit-push races than the fuel/tire saving ones.

Anyway, some fantastic racing here between these three (excluding myself) guys. I feel there are so many dirty drivers on GT7 that the good/respectful ones need a call out, too: Hewis Lamilton in the Subaru, Doofis in the Porsche, and I can't recall the Vette driver's name.

Subaru, Vette, and I were literally three wide going towards the chicane on lap one and all managed to make it through. Vette was inches off my bumper going into T1 on lap 2 and actually braked on time and didn't punt me into the shadow realm. The Subaru driver and I had multiple side-by-sides in the race and survived them all! Shocking, I know.

I was barely in P1 when I pitted on lap 5 for fuel and tires; the Subaru pitted on lap 6 and only got fuel so he came out ~6 seconds ahead. So, the chase was on. Ended up catching him on the last lap. The Porsche (who also pitted on lap 6) got in the mix late in the race and was part of the action but he had a minor off then started fighting with the Subaru which gave me about 1.5 second lead for the latter half of the last lap. We all survived. Great stuff.

Kudos to these guys. Even if I finished 3rd I'd have had a blast. Good racers are out there!

And, I was rocking my Custom Colorado Avalanche Stanley Cup winning livery! GO AVS!

Chicane lap 1:

e869dae9969d1742093d86919124c661_photo.webp

Chicane lap 9

e38bc4fa8a4085d502fa64990dca53c3_photo.webp

T1 last lap

19875bf31e4970974dbff3b5eba64426_photo.webp

T3 last lap
bfe9a4d5707d3bc6aa7c68ca17f9ce17_photo.webp

White knuckle laps for sure.

1b8af51d6720f224da1880745ef2d250_photo.webp

Last edited:
From your point of view I can understand you, but you have to put yourself in the position of the others, they sometimes lose 0.5 seconds or even more if they have to drive 1-2 corners behind a 0 stopper. The difference is clear , especially since some 1-stop drivers are traveling in other, sometimes faster, vehicles.
In addition, the 1 stop drivers are significantly faster even without a slipstream, also in the braking areas and when accelerating out.

I think the truth is somewhere in between, it's similar with tire strategy... Drivers on the harder tires are slower per lap but have an advantage in the race most of the time due to the pit lane... if you can go faster with softer tires you have to also do, otherwise the tactic is broken and the race is over.
That’s part of the consequences of choosing that strategy, risk of being stuck behind someone on a slower plan. Doesn’t mean the no-stoppers have to jump out the way of the 1 stoppers or can be barged aside, it’s the following cars challenge/responsibility to pass cleanly.

That’s part of the consequences of choosing that strategy, risk of being stuck behind someone on a slower plan. Doesn’t mean the no-stoppers have to jump out the way of the 1 stoppers or can be barged aside, it’s the following cars challenge/responsibility to pass cleanly.
But, the flip side is the no-stoppers have to know when to just let one-stoppers by. The more you fight the one-stoppers, the more it compromises your race, too. As a no-stopper, you can't afford to be eating up your tires and fuel defending someone that will just get around you anyway. How much should you destroy your racing fighting someone you're, for all intents and purposes, not even racing?

As @xMAXIx79 said, the strat for both sides is somewhere in the middle. Each side wants the pass to happen when it's convenient for them, which often means it's not convenient for either. That's the game.

Last edited:
Sure but Roggers original point, which I was supporting, is that people aren’t being given a chance to make that decision.
Many of those on 1 stoppers are making reckless overtakes at parts of the track where it just won’t happen cleanly, bashing people aside, rather than compromise their pace for a single second.
Of course no consequences for this with the current penalty system.

I usually defend for a couple of corners, make them earn the pass rather than waive a white flag.

They remembered that Gr.2 exists? We can race them without de-tuning? Nice.

I guess the Epsom NSX will be as BOP useless as other MRs though.
I believe in GTS all the Gr2 were BOP'd at 100/100 so there was little change. I'm sure someone will correct me.
The NSX will suffer more with being an MR over the BOP.

ah, PD needs to just nix the suspension calculations for PP. It will inevitably lead to a glitch, and then the aero will, and then the LSD. They need to just do power and weight like, you know, real racing does.
It's a shame because having this option as one of the three races is quite a good plan. If B or C don't work for you it's a fun way to use more cars you own rather than race cars all the time. I have enjoyed tweaking the GT3, races are kinda fun but there's way, way too many hacks.

But, the flip side is the no-stoppers have to know when to just let one-stoppers by. The more you fight the one-stoppers, the more it compromises your race, too. As a no-stopper, you can't afford to be eating up your tires and fuel defending someone that will just get around you anyway. How much should you destroy your racing fighting someone you're, for all intents and purposes, not even racing?

As @xMAXIx79 said, the strat for both sides is somewhere in the middle. Each side wants the pass to happen when it's convenient for them, which often means it's not convenient for either. That's the game.
I agree with all points posted here.

@xMAXIx79 i agree that due to me been slower I will be holding up other drivers on faster strategies, and I have been that driver before stuck behind a slower driver and yes it is frustrating been held up, but as @Fezzik says, it’s up to driver behind on the alternate strategy to pass fairly and cleanly. I have no issues with some making small contact as long as they make the move in the correct way. It’s when they are desperate for the pass that they just send it from far back and ive already committed to the corner.

@Talon16 this is what I already do. I don’t fight a faster car as it just pointless and you end up destroying your race. When I’m on an alternative strategy if a quicker car is behind I’m not just giving up the place for free and will still drive my lines as I don’t want to lose time to allow others through, but when the car behind is close enough to make a pass I will either will keep well to the side of road and I leave space on the inside of the corner to allow them to pass.

Back