GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,369 comments
Ok, this is going to be a newbie talking so please pardon the rookie view of things. 🤣🤣

I recently (last week) really just started dipping my toes into the online side of GT7. I have a great time with a group of friends who are all A/S or A+/S drivers. We have a great time and the biggest thing I've noticed is they are all better than me.... Well Duh!! Gotta put the time in to get the experience to learn the track, learn the car, learn how to drive online. Last night for instance, we raced Goodwood, majority of the field was running around 1:20 - 1:30's give or take.... I was running 1:40's consistently though, with a few ooopps laps here and there. Biggest take aways, I need to tune, I need to put in the time (difficult to do, got a wife, kids, and pets... Hahahaha), and I need to just be patient with myself. Ok, sure we pumped and rubbed a bit. However, it was always first corner and there were always apologies said.

I hate driving in the lower lobbies, it feels like an FPS. Everyone is aiming to get first and it doesn't matter how they get there. Instead of using a SCAR or AK they are using a BRZ that they don't know how to drive or a Lambo because they think it will be super fast! I just want to learn and get better!

Shaved off another six tenths and I'm now in the high 1:21's. I know I have at least another half second in me, it's just the controller joystick and my thick thumbs aren't exactly a match made in heaven 🤣

Trick is to trail brake and keep it on low throttle during the tight corner exits. And to let car turn around 75% before gradually going full throttle. Good luck folks 🙂

And this is the lap:

Attachments

• 181e30603e768-screenshotUrl.jpg
    181e30603e768-screenshotUrl.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Had 2 race Bs this morning that were absolute polar opposites. First race was amazing with respectful close driving and the second was an absolute cluster and probably the worst experience I've had playing GT7.

First race started 5th and finished 4th in the Alpha. Second race I decide to hop in the WRX. This may have been a bad decision on my part as I found the WRX really weak through the infield. Started 3rd but got into 2nd after 2nd place spun early on. Guy in 3rd punts me lap 2 I believe as I went defensive into the 2nd right hand hairpiin, no harm no foul we both keep going.

The gap between us kept yo yoing as I was strong in the first and last sector but really weak in the infield. Eventually get punted in the exact same corner this time nearly off track and as I come back on he whips his car into me not once not twice but 3 times before i spin and he hits me again for good measure sending me off the other side of the track. Lol. I go on to get back by before you guess it he punts me again. Still ended up passing him on the last lap as he was serving one of his many penalties.

He then proceeds to blame me in the post race chat saying it was my fault and that he was letting me back by but claiming I hit him as I came back on track. Well the replay says different as he was full gas after punting me before whipping his car into me.

I'll post a video later showing both sides and we'll let the GT planet stewards be the judge.

Both races on my twitch.

Last edited:
Had 2 race Bs this morning that were absolute polar opposites. First race was amazing with respectful close driving and the second was an absolute cluster and probably the worst experience I've had playing GT7.

First race finished started 5th and finished 4th in the Alpha. Second race I decide to hop in the WRX. This may have been a bad decision on my part as I found the WRX really weak through the infield. Started 3rd but got into 2nd after 2nd place spun early on. Guy in 3rd punts me lap 2 I believe as I went defensive into the 2nd right hand hairpiin, no harm no foul we both keep going.

The gap between us kept yo yoing as I was strong in the first and last sector but really weak in the infield. Eventually get punted in the exact same corner this time completely off track and as I come back on he whips his car into not once not twice but 3 times before spin and he hits me again sending me off the other side of the track. Lol. I go on to get back by before you guess it he punts me again. Still ended up passing him on the last lap as he was serving one of his many penalties.

He then proceeds to blame me in the post race chat saying it was my fault and that he was letting me back by but I hit him as I came back on track. Well the replay says different as he was full gas after punting me before whipping his car into me.

I'll post a video later showing both sides and we'll let the GT planet stewards be the judge.

Both races on my twitch.

The Alfa drivers get frustrated as they are a lot quicker in the infield so start ramming their way past as it’s not easy to overtake clean sector 2. I’ve been in the WRX all week and have had to try and bring other Alfa drivers into the fold behind me and hope they take each other out

Ok, this is going to be a newbie talking so please pardon the rookie view of things. 🤣🤣

I recently (last week) really just started dipping my toes into the online side of GT7. I have a great time with a group of friends who are all A/S or A+/S drivers. We have a great time and the biggest thing I've noticed is they are all better than me.... Well Duh!! Gotta put the time in to get the experience to learn the track, learn the car, learn how to drive online. Last night for instance, we raced Goodwood, majority of the field was running around 1:20 - 1:30's give or take.... I was running 1:40's consistently though, with a few ooopps laps here and there. Biggest take aways, I need to tune, I need to put in the time (difficult to do, got a wife, kids, and pets... Hahahaha), and I need to just be patient with myself. Ok, sure we pumped and rubbed a bit. However, it was always first corner and there were always apologies said.

I hate driving in the lower lobbies, it feels like an FPS. Everyone is aiming to get first and it doesn't matter how they get there. Instead of using a SCAR or AK they are using a BRZ that they don't know how to drive or a Lambo because they think it will be super fast! I just want to learn and get better!
Racing against better drivers is probably the best training one can get in this game. I was so lucky to be invited to a group early on even though I am much slower. I'm only a little faster now but I am much more patient, calmer and confident. It's made a huge difference for me.

PS I used always finish last too. That's how I got into making the highlight videos. :D

The Alfa drivers get frustrated as they are a lot quicker in the infield so start ramming their way past as it’s not easy to overtake clean sector 2. I’ve been in the WRX all week and have had to try and bring other Alfa drivers into the fold behind me and hope they take each other out
Yea it certainly seemed to be frustration or he just had it out for me. Lol On top of that another guy sided with him in chat saying yea that deuce guy can get rough. Never had any interaction or raced with either of these guys. I was about to blow a gasket, I'm like what the heck were you watching? Lol

I pretty much stream every race so anyone can see just how rough I race. I'm not perfect and make mistakes like anyone but I never do anything malicious or push to pass like a lot of these guys do.

Someone, somewhere, somehow snuck a maxed out Corvette ZR1 into Race A and now the leaderboards are full of 900+ HP Vipers and 'Vettes. Don't ask me how they got under 500 PP, I've got no clue.

Someone, somewhere, somehow snuck a maxed out Corvette ZR1 into Race A and now the leaderboards are full of 900+ HP Vipers and 'Vettes. Don't ask me how they got under 500 PP, I've got no clue.
Had a Corvette in one of my races. QT was 1.11 or something daft. The speed at which it left the starting line was mental.

Is nitrous permitted in Race A?

Yeah most of the lower rank lobbies are just people going full on out trying to get a win and get to the top lobbies ASAP. What they don’t realise is once they get to a certain point they will never improve there rank as they will always continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
If you can I would continue to drive with those friends. Even though they maybe faster, I found once I started to be consistent and improve my driving technique my times started to fall and I started closing the gap to those at the top. I was easily 10 seconds slower than them at top when the game release but I’m now about 3 seconds off those people.

I said I was quitting Race C, but I lied. I went back to it and practiced a lot yesterday. I did very poorly. Today, however, I dressed up my 911 in a new livery and went back to the races. I got my first P2 finish this week! And it'll probably be my last, but I'll keep trying.

My driver rating is hopelessly lost in the middle of C right now, and because I'm not finishing much better than where I start I think I'll be here a while. What I've noticed about Race C this week:
  • A/B mixed lobbies are mostly talented and they understand how to drive. It's not a bash-fest except maybe the first turn of the opening lap. People know how to shuffle into line around corners, etc. And they almost all use the no-stop strategy. I wasn't anywhere nearly good enough to run with them so I resorted to a one-stop strategy to keep my tires fresh.
  • C/D mixed lobbies are a nightmare. All the casual drivers are here and don't know what they are doing. Or the ones who do know what they're doing have such a low safety rating that they got stuck here because they know exactly what they're doing: dive bomb at every turn and use someone else's car to slow down rather than use their brakes. Nearly everyone uses the one-stop strategy because they don't have the skill or patience to save fuel and tires, and avoid fights in order to conserve time and resources. When I run a no-stop strategy in these lobbies I nearly always have a shot at a top 5 finish, except that they are coming pretty hard at the end and tend to take advantage of my worn tires. Unless I get a perfect start, I'm starting in the top 5 and ending lower, which is killing my score!
  • The B/C lobbies are where things get interesting. There are usually one or two A drivers in there too, and it's just mayhem because the lower ranked drivers just don't have any idea what it is they don't know. They try to take on the A or high B drivers and get schooled, but then take it out on each other like a crazy pack of dogs. It's actually immensely fun to watch until I realize that I'm the one wearing MilkBone underwear . . .

Not a fun experience with this week's races. Race A you got people running 200mph down the straightway in 500pp cars....not about to bother trying to figure that out, race B I've done a few times but I just suck at driving gr4 cars. They are sluggish and it's all about momentum. Finished 2nd in one race but other then that I been mid pack. Race C is another fuel mileage race for the 100th freakin time. I'll pass. At least the time trail challenge is interesting. I'm in the high 1:22s.

I said I was quitting Race C, but I lied. I went back to it and practiced a lot yesterday. I did very poorly. Today, however, I dressed up my 911 in a new livery and went back to the races. I got my first P2 finish this week! And it'll probably be my last, but I'll keep trying.

My driver rating is hopelessly lost in the middle of C right now, and because I'm not finishing much better than where I start I think I'll be here a while. What I've noticed about Race C this week:
  • A/B mixed lobbies are mostly talented and they understand how to drive. It's not a bash-fest except maybe the first turn of the opening lap. People know how to shuffle into line around corners, etc. And they almost all use the no-stop strategy. I wasn't anywhere nearly good enough to run with them so I resorted to a one-stop strategy to keep my tires fresh.
  • C/D mixed lobbies are a nightmare. All the casual drivers are here and don't know what they are doing. Or the ones who do know what they're doing have such a low safety rating that they got stuck here because they know exactly what they're doing: dive bomb at every turn and use someone else's car to slow down rather than use their brakes. Nearly everyone uses the one-stop strategy because they don't have the skill or patience to save fuel and tires, and avoid fights in order to conserve time and resources. When I run a no-stop strategy in these lobbies I nearly always have a shot at a top 5 finish, except that they are coming pretty hard at the end and tend to take advantage of my worn tires. Unless I get a perfect start, I'm starting in the top 5 and ending lower, which is killing my score!
  • The B/C lobbies are where things get interesting. There are usually one or two A drivers in there too, and it's just mayhem because the lower ranked drivers just don't have any idea what it is they don't know. They try to take on the A or high B drivers and get schooled, but then take it out on each other like a crazy pack of dogs. It's actually immensely fun to watch until I realize that I'm the one wearing MilkBone underwear . . .
So I went back to the BRZ after creating a new livery and I got another 2nd in a C lobby. I found myself in a B/C lobby the next race and still managed 5th. After these last theee races I’m suddenly edging up to a B rating again. It’s kinda crazy how quickly fortunes change here.

I was also gratified to see that one of the dirtiest drivers I encountered in a B lobby is now rated C/C and doesn’t seem to have a clue how he got there.

Well I’m having fun in Race A whenever there’s nobody with a glitched Viper or Vette

Most of the races there’s at least 9 different cars out of the 12, makes a heap of fun battling with the differences - so much more interesting than the 1-2 make meta races

My Silvia battling a Tundra, Yaris, Veyron & Enzo is a crazy mix!

Well I’m having fun in Race A whenever there’s nobody with a glitched Viper or Vette

Most of the races there’s at least 9 different cars out of the 12, makes a heap of fun battling with the differences - so much more interesting than the 1-2 make meta races

My Silvia battling a Tundra, Yaris, Veyron & Enzo is a crazy mix!
If they took away the win stat for Race A perhaps we'd see the end of the glitched nonsense.

Reading these posts about Race A makes me laugh. When the game came out ever was complain about BOP and they should do tuned races instead. And now we have tuned races we got people exploring the rules and complaining again.
I’ve not really done much tuning so not really up to speed with the issue people have seen i this race but it sound like PD need to make some changes and allow people to only change a few things or limit the way the tune is done.

My understanding off tuning is to take a car stock car that rubbish or good and to turn them in to monster. Not turning super cars in tractors that meet a certain spec but are still fast enough to dominate on the track.
Toyota Supra is the first car that springs to mind. Great stock but you can turn them in to absolute monsters with a bit of tuning.

Reading these posts about Race A makes me laugh. When the game came out ever was complain about BOP and they should do tuned races instead. And now we have tuned races we got people exploring the rules and complaining again.
I’ve not really done much tuning so not really up to speed with the issue people have seen i this race but it sound like PD need to make some changes and allow people to only change a few things or limit the way the tune is done.

My understanding off tuning is to take a car stock car that rubbish or good and to turn them in to monster. Not turning super cars in tractors that meet a certain spec but are still fast enough to dominate on the track.
Toyota Supra is the first car that springs to mind. Great stock but you can turn them in to absolute monsters with a bit of tuning.
When i dipped my toe into sports mode first time it was Daytona week Race C,GR3 .Tuning was allowed(!) ,20 (yes,TWENTY) cars on track, no one used glitches (probably it was too early for dem people to find them),straight penalties and almost everyone did pitstop (ok,as a beginner i was racing DR C,probably it was different in higher classes).I had an absolute blast with the Ford GT LM spec. It was wonderful ❤️ Feels like it was in another century now :guilty:

Loving driving the Alfa around Interlagos, meta or not it was the first special car I bought as it's a favourite of mine so it's super fun to have it be competitive in Sport races and standing out in the wonderful livery by @MidnightRun85 doesn't hurt either.

Around mid-pack and unlikely to climb much higher in qualy so seeing how many clean race bonuses I can get at this dodgems fest of a race is the challenge of the day :lol:

FXS5x70WQAAsrjD.jpg

FXS5vLGWYAAVLty.jpg

FXS5vlbXgAEQssT.jpg

FXS5wE4WYAAO4zj.jpg

FXS5wuuX0AADji-.jpg

If by the grace of God Polyphony employees read this forum, put the penalty system back to what it was when the game launched. Why is it you can get rammed off the track and then get penalized for ignoring track limit yet the person who hits you not only gains position and time, they get no penalty for the initial hit? Makes no ****ing sense and I'm sick of it.

Loving driving the Alfa around Interlagos, meta or not it was the first special car I bought as it's a favourite of mine so it's super fun to have it be competitive in Sport races and standing out in the wonderful livery by @MidnightRun85 doesn't hurt either.

Around mid-pack and unlikely to climb much higher in qualy so seeing how many clean race bonuses I can get at this dodgems fest of a race is the challenge of the day :lol:

View attachment 1171115

View attachment 1171116

View attachment 1171117
View attachment 1171118

View attachment 1171119

Beautiful livery indeed. I'm wondering though that people still try different cars - well, one different car - than the Alfa.

Wouldn't it be nice if PD actually tested all the cars of a certain group on different tracks and made more of them competitive? Like, i. e. giving the Scirocco or some other cars a tiny bit more horsepower in BOP?
It wouldn't be a big problem if different cars turned out to be the best choice on different tracks because of their special characteristics. But right now, it's always the same car (which honestly doesn't even belong in Gr4).

l mean, they constantly work on improving the game, don't they? Why not there? Doesn't feel like that would be so complicated.

Dipping out of RACE A it's just the same A+ guy running the glitched Corvette over and over. I wouldn't mind so much but I managed to get the trusty Mach I into a couple of would-have-been pole positions and likely wins if it wasn't for this guy padding his stats.
Well, one thing that could work as a giveaway showing people’s capabilities or lack thereof is if a bit into the future with all those “wins”, they still have more silver or bronze TT’s rather than gold. :lol:

View attachment 1171115

View attachment 1171116

View attachment 1171117
View attachment 1171118

View attachment 1171119
Love seeing my hard work being used in the dailies. 👌👌

Well, one thing that could work as a giveaway showing people’s capabilities or lack thereof is if a bit into the future with all those “wins”, they still have more silver or bronze TT’s rather than gold. :lol:
I haven't got any TT's so that's not much of an indication. Lots of people just don't want to run without opponents

Last edited:
Same A+ guy still running Race A over and over with the Corvette, in an otherwise B lobby how is he managing that? There's really no A or A+ players playing this race today?

Back