GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,365 comments
By the way: only 6 out of my 18 online races are counted as "free of error or clean" (i dont know what it is called in english, i mean the first point of the sport statistics). I find that a bit harsh as i always try to race clean and my only penalties up until now are for leaving the track a bit. How do other have so many "clean" races?
I think clean races here means no contact AND not leaving the track. So most likely the corner penalties you got are the reason it's not recorded as clean.

I also had it happen yesterday when I led the whole race without any direct battle. I just went wide once (no penalty but still a centimeter off track with all tires). The game said the race was not clean due to that.

Race A. This is a competitive mode. I don't think there is a place for free-for-all zero SR impact racing in Sport mode. It made sense when they first introduced it as the race featured bumper-drafting and felt a little experimental. But having it there week-in. week-out I just don't get. This is what general multiplayer is for.

With no DR or SR on the line race A is basically an ‘official’ lobby race.

Race A was my favourite in GTS, it was nearly always road cars and pretty good fun. A pity how they’re using it now.

So PD had race c down for RS & RM but changed the mediums for RH. Think they should have stuck with RMs as I can imagine the racing could be a lot closer and they be a few different strategies available. If I can make the softs last 7 laps, I don’t see the point in hards.

I wonder when penalties will come back...got repeatedly punted from behind by an Alfa in the braking zone of each corner, apparently didn't realise other cars need slightly more braking room (I was in GTR in race B) and just went right into me several times until succeeded in punting me all the way off the track after a few survived attempts. Casually drives off with no penalty while I get passed by half the field... :/

I wonder when penalties will come back...got repeatedly punted from behind by an Alfa in the braking zone of each corner, apparently didn't realise other cars need slightly more braking room (I was in GTR in race B) and just went right into me several times until succeeded in punting me all the way off the track after a few survived attempts. Casually drives off with no penalty while I get passed by half the field... :/
Race B. I had a guy before who rammed me several times from behind. He passed me, but I cut inside him on a corner and retook the lead, which pissed him off. On the long straight through the tunnels he caught me and I went way over to the left to let him through, but I could see him lining up to tap my corner or ram me so applied the brakes. He went past me then veered into the wall in front whilst trying to smash into me.

It was hilarious. 🤣

Last edited:
Ah I was looking forward to race c as we finally had Gr2 cars, but looks like it’s a one car only race.
I was the only person not in a CLK. Started P10, and stayed P10 for a full lap and then it kicked off. Everyone behind then started to us me as a brake on the infield. Just watched the replay back a few of them didn’t even both braking in a few of the turns just let off the power and coasting into the back off.

Will try the CLK, but think I’ll spend most of my time on Race A and just trying a load of different cars out and practicing

Race C is actually a super fun combination - the race strategy isn't super interesting but man I don't think there's anything more satisfying than nailing the middle section of Deep Forest in a car like that. When you chain them all together, it flows so well.

Yeah, absolutely agree with this. The combo is just a really good one to drive. I don’t know how much racing there’ll be as the dirty air through the middle sector makes it difficult to get close enough to overtake on the straights (assuming you’re both in the Merc).

Nice qualy time you’ve posted too. I’m starting in pole in top split so it was a rude shock to see I wasn’t at the top of my friends list.

Ah I was looking forward to race c as we finally had Gr2 cars, but looks like it’s a one car only race.
I was the only person not in a CLK. Started P10, and stayed P10 for a full lap and then it kicked off. Everyone behind then started to us me as a brake on the infield. Just watched the replay back a few of them didn’t even both braking in a few of the turns just let off the power and coasting into the back off.

Will try the CLK, but think I’ll spend most of my time on Race A and just trying a load of different cars out and practicing
Ah man I'd forgotten they did this, I wish they'd just make it available for the japanese Gr 2's as it should be.

I was afraid this would be the case. I also expect Race A to be a pint-fest since there are no repercussions and that track just leaves you too vulnerable after both long straights, and Race B is a both recycled and now a one make race with the Alfa. I’m so disappointed.

[edit] *punt-fest, but in some cases it actually seems like the racers really have been having a pint-fest before they arrive, so not an entirely inappropriate typo. . .

Last edited:
Yeah, absolutely agree with this. The combo is just a really good one to drive. I don’t know how much racing there’ll be as the dirty air through the middle sector makes it difficult to get close enough to overtake on the straights (assuming you’re both in the Merc).

Nice qualy time you’ve posted too. I’m starting in pole in top split so it was a rude shock to see I wasn’t at the top of my friends list.
Thank you! I've actually had some quite nice races too, which was unexpected. I thought the dirty air would destroy it but I find the slip-stream coming through the back straight bunches you back together for the overtaking opportunities at the hairpin and turn 1, so it works quite nicely. For all the rubbish I normally give PD about their choices, this one is much better than I could've anticipated.

Speaking of that final hairpin though, my god - that's got to be my nemesis of corners. I have absolutely no idea how to take it consistently lol, any time I make up anywhere else on the track is normally completely destroyed through that corner as I either brake too late or too early. Might hit it correctly about 2 times per race.

Ah man I'd forgotten they did this, I wish they'd just make it available for the japanese Gr 2's as it should be.
Unfortunately the infield section doesnt have enough corners for the Japanese cars to really make up ground.
I’ve just done my first race in a CLK and it was pretty much a procession. Running P4 all race and the car ahead and behind just couldn’t close the gap. Only time I got close to the car infront was when P2 made a mistake and we had a 3 car fight.

I was afraid this would be the case. I also expect Race A to be a pint-fest since there are no repercussions and that track just leaves you too vulnerable after both long straights, and Race B is a both recycled and now a one make race with the Alfa. I’m so disappointed.
Race A is quite fun. I didn’t see too much bashing or dirty racing from the few races I’ve done. Nice mix of cars on the grid too.

I was really looking forward to Race C.. to see now that this puke part is from Mercedes Meta.. and renting races there will definitely make sense with my favorite Gr2 car... Because the Mercedes ram you in the infied under hatantie or extremely will block. Well PD just doesn't learn it. I prefer to drive the recycled race B, it's fun and I get along very well with the WRX there. Maybe I'll also switch back and forth between WRX and GT-R ... Of course I would prefer the 4x4 to finally get a BoP nerf and or the FR a decent boost.

Is there a proper way to crash?

Everytime I crash I'm facing the opposite direction and the wheel goes crazy like it's trying to break cement. I see everyone else respawn nicely facing the right direction.

I quit my race this morning hitting the chicane, facing the wrong way, with everycar behind me ghosting through me. If I didn't quit in time I would have turned solid. :dunce:

I'm wondering if this race A is a test of whether people want the No DR/SR races to be spread around or whether it keeps people away from races in general.
It seems Race A has been made into a testbed and I have been enjoying it. Now they go and put Gr3 in there and ruin it. Frankly I don't think we need Gr3-4 every damn week. The races become stale by midweek. Maybe they should just dedicate one race to these categories. Pick a track and run Gr3 half the week and Gr4 the other half. That would open up the other two races for more variety. But I guess that would be too hard as they would have to reset a race more than once a week. :rolleyes:

It seems Race A has been made into a testbed and I have been enjoying it. Now they go and put Gr3 in there and ruin it. Frankly I don't think we need Gr3-4 every damn week. The races become stale by midweek. Maybe they should just dedicate one race to these categories. Pick a track and run Gr3 half the week and Gr4 the other half. That would open up the other two races for more variety. But I guess that would be too hard as they would have to reset a race more than once a week. :rolleyes:
I don't like the split week idea. Because I know a few who don't necessarily have the time or desire to drive all week, these players would be tied to the few days. I know others don't see it that way, but I'm still all for having more races. I realize some may think there are enough riders left for that, but I do NOT think it would really be a problem. There are a lot of drivers who simply do NOT like the composition of certain routes/classes and therefore do not drive. I myself also avoid some combinations and would be happier with more choices per week.

I don't like the split week idea. Because I know a few who don't necessarily have the time or desire to drive all week, these players would be tied to the few days.
Then you really wouldn't have enjoyed GTS when it first came out. The daily races were exactly that, daily. The 3 races changed every day.

I don't like the split week idea. Because I know a few who don't necessarily have the time or desire to drive all week, these players would be tied to the few days. I know others don't see it that way, but I'm still all for having more races. I realize some may think there are enough riders left for that, but I do NOT think it would really be a problem. There are a lot of drivers who simply do NOT like the composition of certain routes/classes and therefore do not drive. I myself also avoid some combinations and would be happier with more choices per week.
How about this as an idea (hear me out before you say no): one circuit a week with A being road cars, B being Gr.#, and C being a higher grade Gr.#. HERE'S THE DIFFERENCE: they actually change circuits each week and actually use all of their options.

It seems like it would be a benefit because people could learn and practice at the weekly circuit and then apply it to each of the races if they choose. And then move on to other circuits each week, using at least 20 of the tracks they have but don't use.

Just a novel idea, and one that's growing on me . . .

Here's hoping they get their game together and manage to figure out a way to integrate cross-platform races into the Daily Races (assuming it's not a design choice, but tbh I think it is), that way we can actually experiment with some more races and have some that rotate on a weekly basis and some that rotate daily for more variety - pleasing everyone. It really only needs to be one more race to solve a whole bundle of issues that people have.

I feel like having 3 races at a weekly circuit is a bad idea though - if you get one you're not comfortable with or dislike then oops! No game for you until next week. If they picked St Croix, half the playerbase would leave.

Back