GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,359 comments
Yeah I'm personally convinced PD doesn't playtest their Daily combos. The hards are totally irrelevant and it'll just be CLK and S/S pit on lap 7 all week.
I wonder if there's an alternative (if even dumber) explanation for this week. The tweet from last week said S/M with mandatory stop. Did they playtest this, realize it would just be a boring and constant 7s/7m and decide to change to H/S to allow no stopping but forget to make hards compulsory instead of softs?

Is there a proper way to crash?

Everytime I crash I'm facing the opposite direction and the wheel goes crazy like it's trying to break cement. I see everyone else respawn nicely facing the right direction.

I quit my race this morning hitting the chicane, facing the wrong way, with everycar behind me ghosting through me. If I didn't quit in time I would have turned solid. :dunce:
Do you have the “replace car when it leaves track” option selected. As far as the insane vibrations from the g29 at slow speeds/after crashing. I haven’t quite figured out what is causing it. 🍻

Do you have the “replace car when it leaves track” option selected. As far as the insane vibrations from the g29 at slow speeds/after crashing. I haven’t quite figured out what is causing it. 🍻
Where can I change that? I looked but couldn't find it. I've only seen it for private lobbies.

I would love it if they turned that vibrating down.

Where can I change that? I looked but couldn't find it. I've only seen it for private lobbies.

I would love it if they turned that vibrating down.

I would love it if they turned that vibrating

Attachments

• B4294D9C-2395-4A8F-B4E9-51E5967934BD.jpeg
    B4294D9C-2395-4A8F-B4E9-51E5967934BD.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 20
Yeah, right, normally I would see it that way, too. But actually, I've had races where I ended up 7th or 9th which I felt way better afterwards, because I had been able to put up a fight. I'm just way to nervous when I'm in a good position and drive like my dead grandmother. Don't know what to do about it except: more races...
You're stressing too much and worrying too much, your Q time is good... now you "only" have to bring your race home clean. If you have problems with the braking points, especially at the start, due to the higher speed, then activate the braking zone view. I know there are many who are against all of these things... and quite a few who claim to be better racers without these "helpers". That may be true for some, but quite a few are probably significantly slower without these "tools" than others who use them. When using these tools, it is important not to always trust them 100%. Some braking points fit really well.. others are too early, still others are too late.. and a few are just unnecessary, it depends on the track. However, the braking zone for the first corner at Seaside is already pretty good.

I drive with all visual aids turned on... but that doesn't necessarily mean I need them or use them completely as they are. I'm not ashamed to have them active with me either. They're like other track markers to me that I could use but don't want to...
The racing line is more of a nice hint to me than a necessary important tool, but its presence doesn't bother me either, so it stays on.. and in night or wet races I like it a lot. (especially when I drive the 2J ;P)

What I'm actually trying to say... I think everyone knows the feeling of concentrating too much on the vehicles behind you and thereby reducing your own pace. Sometimes it helps me to start with the thought: "If the guy behind me is really faster than me, he can overtake me anyway, if not, he stays behind me or pushes me off the track"...."But if he pushes me off the track, I have to survive as safely as possible, stay behind him and at the next opportunity, he just flies off!"

I don't have a problem with being overtaken cleanly by a better/faster driver, on the contrary. I learn from him by watching how and where he overtakes, then following him and observing how he drives. I do use defensive lines in the race, but I'm being fair about it... I decide, for example. quite early for the inside lane and then stay there.. if the driver behind me then chooses the outside lane and overtakes me cleanly, then I allow that. What I never accept, however, are drivers who still stay behind me, use the green verges and push past me without sufficient space with vehicle contact on the inside. THAT is not racing for me.. and such drivers just get to know me differently.

@NikNakTobasco

Yes, that's exactly what I see again and again and to be honest I don't like it at all, many/all top drivers do something like that all the time to make the cars stronger/better. Sure, with a lot of practice and the use of MT, I could certainly do something like that and gain a few tenths of the time, but I just don't want to force a car like that. Especially since, as you rightly said, nobody would handle the vehicles like this in real races, here is a big mistake in "Real Simulator" this driving style shouldn't be faster AND would have to have a negative effect on the car.

Last edited:
You're stressing too much and worrying too much, your Q time is good... now you "only" have to bring your race home clean. If you have problems with the braking points, especially at the start, due to the higher speed, then activate the braking zone view. I know there are many who are against all of these things... and quite a few who claim to be better racers without these "helpers". That may be true for some, but quite a few are probably significantly slower without these "tools" than others who use them. When using these tools, it is important not to always trust them 100%. Some braking points fit really well.. others are too early, still others are too late.. and a few are just unnecessary, it depends on the track. However, the braking zone for the first corner at Seaside is already pretty good.

I drive with all visual aids turned on... but that doesn't necessarily mean I need them or use them completely as they are. I'm not ashamed to have them active with me either. They're like other track markers to me that I could use but don't want to...
The racing line is more of a nice hint to me than a necessary important tool, but its presence doesn't bother me either, so it stays on.. and in night or wet races I like it a lot. (especially when I drive the 2J ;P)

What I'm actually trying to say... I think everyone knows the feeling of concentrating too much on the vehicles behind you and thereby reducing your own pace. Sometimes it helps me to start with the thought: "If the guy behind me is really faster than me, he can overtake me anyway, if not, he stays behind me or pushes me off the track"...."But if he pushes me off the track, I have to survive as safely as possible, stay behind him and at the next opportunity, he just flies off!"

I don't have a problem with being overtaken cleanly by a better/faster driver, on the contrary. I learn from him by watching how and where he overtakes, then following him and observing how he drives. I do use defensive lines in the race, but I'm being fair about it... I decide, for example. quite early for the inside lane and then stay there.. if the driver behind me then chooses the outside lane and overtakes me cleanly, then I allow that. What I never accept, however, are drivers who still stay behind me, use the green verges and push past me without sufficient space with vehicle contact on the inside. THAT is not racing for me.. and such drivers just get to know me differently.

@NikNakTobasco

Yes, that's exactly what I see again and again and to be honest I don't like it at all, many/all top drivers do something like that all the time to make the cars stronger/better. Sure, with a lot of practice and the use of MT, I could certainly do something like that and gain a few tenths of the time, but I just don't want to force a car like that. Especially since, as you rightly said, nobody would handle the vehicles like this in real races, here is a big mistake in "Real Simulator" this driving style shouldn't be faster AND would have to have a negative effect on the car.
Thanks my friend for the encouragement. Yes, my quali time is okay, but I was a bit frustrated about the difference in my driving between qualification and actual races. But usually I'm not frustrated for very long, I'll just try again. And again. And again. :)

BTW thanks also for the tips about the visual aids, but I actually don't enjoy the racing with them turned on. Just personal preference. And I have turned off one driving assist after another in the last weeks except ABS, and I'm quite happy with that. At the beginning of playing GT7 I just couldn't imagine ever driving without TC or countersteer assist. But I learned, it works. Didn't even take as long as I would have expected for a guy of my age. Final step might be switching to MT, but I'm not sure yet.

I have to say I'm not a fan of race C this week.
As much as I like classical GT tracks, the ones they've added in GT7 just don't fit with proper racing.
Here, apart from the final hairpin and first corner you can pretty much only do one line and not overtake. So the races get stale pretty quickly. Dirty air doesn't help.

Then, and I've said this a few times already, THE MERCEDES DOES NOT BELONG TO GROUP 2! They should have left it out of any group instead as there is no proper competition. Group 2 was Super GT and the Merc ruins that as it's a completely different car that would never compete with the Super GT cars. Just awful.

Last edited:
Then, and I've said this a few times already, THE MERCEDES DOES NOT BELONG TO GROUP 2! They should have left it out of any group instead as there is no proper competition. Group 2 was Super GT and the Merc ruins that as it's a completely different car that would never compete with the Super GT cars. Just awful.
It's so disappointing they've basically ruined Gr 2 which was always a highlight on GTS.

Not to mention every car is number 2 so replays and photos etc. are ruined as well for those who enjoy that.

As much as I like classical GT tracks, the ones they've added in GT7 just don't fit with proper racing.
Here, apart from the final hairpin and first corner you can pretty much only do one line and not overtake
Wasn't the original layout of Deep Forest all one line anyway apart from T1?
That said the effect that dirty air has makes a lot of the tracks a procession in Gr.2

I have to say I'm not a fan of race C this week.
Here, apart from the final hairpin and first corner you can pretty much only do one line and not overtake. So the races get stale pretty quickly. Dirty air doesn't help.

Or just get rid of this PD group system and just segment cars as they would be in real life. Making all Gr2 balanced and equal is futile. Making all Gr1 balanced and equal is futile. You can mix all these granular categories as much as you want to effectively be Gr3 Gr2 Gr1, or you can finely narrow it down. Why should a late 80s group C car be balanced against the latest Toyota LMH, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why should a Gt1 car from a completely different era made to completely different rulesets than a 2022 GT500 car be balanced together?

But it would expose the fact this game is massively lacking in cars in some segments.

Last edited:
So today, as I saw we had Race A in GT 3 Machinery with no DR/SR Effects, I thought perfect let’s give this Wonderful Track a try and see if my assumptions about PD ditching them would back up my Theory which i have stated already many many years ago.
Absolutely confirmed.
I knew it.
So, I had 8 Minutes left and decided to jump into my Brutally Lamborghini with its gorgeous Livery.
Boy that think drives like a charm and is super quick once you get the feeling for its Engine Layout.
After 3Laps I set my Qualy Time to start the race as the counter was ticking down.

The Racing was super clean, super fair and very competitive.
I was sweating like S…. 😅
And of course I binned it 😂
Whatever until that point it was super fun and very respectful driving from all Pilots across the Track.
That’s what I like, what I want to see, Shoutout to @NAXEHT and @GOTMAXPOWER 💪🏻
After that first race I got addicted and tried all different Cars together with @NAXEHT .
We went with the Peugeot, the next one we did in the R8 and it was super duper Close until we crossed the Finishing Line.
After that I jumped into my beloved Beauty the wonderful Ferrari 458, that thing is a Rocket.
It destroys EVERYTHING coming out of Corners. The Rotation is just abnormal.
I had a phenomenal Race with a very fast and Sportsmanlike Danish Dude.
I then gave the Beemer a go and to finish my Session I hopped into my Trustworthy Jaguar and had the pleasure to enjoy a fantastically Thrilling Race with @GOTMAXPOWER 👍

So, after these handful of Races what are actually my Conclusions which got backed up with my long ago mentioned Thoughts.

PD just MUST ditch the DR System. NOW.
FOREVER.
I said it before I say it now.
This current DR System is TOXIC.
Pure Poison.
It obfuscates Peoples Behavior in a very negative Way and therefore makes the whole Online Driving Experience a Tryhard Show.
Todays racing Experience was a prime Example of what Daily Racing COULD/MIGHT look like.
A respectful Place with similar Minded People sharing the same Passion.
Clean, fair and competitive Online Racing without any obscure and completely Point and Meaningless DR System which only Leads People to desperate driving and ruthless Behavior.
None of which was seen today.
Not a single time.
I‘m pleasantly surprised and looking forward to many more Races like these throughout this Week.
Clean and competitive Racing is possible even without a strict Penalty System.
It’s us.
It’s our decision to make them clean.
We are better than any super sensitive Penalty System.
It’s about gaining respect for our driving Skills, driving clean and fair.
That’s what PD MUST aim for and put their Focus on.
To enforce People to drive respectful and prudent.
Matching People by some sort of “Contact“ System.
And then as we improve our “Contact“ Rating to a certain Level, then DR Points can be earned.
NOT BEFORE.
That way People will learn that only Contact Free Racing will actually earn them DR if that’s all they are after.
I still don’t get why PD doesn’t realize how BIG of an Improvement some Minor changes would affect this Game and make GT7 most probably the greatest Console Racing Platform for the established and more so for a completely new Playerbase.
Come on PD, Kaz, you the Man 😉
Agree to this.
Race A has been great. This is what a racing game should be, in that you pick a random car or your favourite car, race it and you don’t worry where you finish. In all the 4 races I’ve done so far they been very clean races (especially round my car).

As for DR/SR, I does seem a little broken. I’m B rank at the minute, but I’ve seen people in A rank that are slower than me which just doesn’t seem right. I assumed the game would rank people on times not a points based system like it is now.
SR needs an overhaul. As a few people have said you can lose SR in one race, but you can then also regain that SR again within 3/4 races. If you lose SR they should be a set minimum number of races before you can gain again (20 races before you can earn points)

Agree to this.
Race A has been great. This is what a racing game should be, in that you pick a random car or your favourite car, race it and you don’t worry where you finish. In all the 4 races I’ve done so far they been very clean races (especially round my car).
It's okay but Gr 3 around Catalunya isn't the most adrenaline pumping of combinations. Super Formula here would have been more fun and fit in with the experimental vibe of it a bit more, as it stands it's not the best race for no real reward.
SR needs an overhaul.
We'll likely be saying this for the whole life cycle of the game unfortunately.

An observation from my side having just completed my first Race C.

It was clear that you must use softs - fine. I was starting 3rd and assumed since we have the hard tire option, strategy would either be one stop H/ S or else 2 stops using just the soft each time.

Nope! You can 1 stop using just softs so what's even the point of having hards? And where is the strategy element? I still managed 8th and had 3 in front of me having pitted on lap 8 after realizing others just pitted once on lap 7 onto softs again..

Does anyone at PD ever watch a race? Do they not even know how to actually balance tire wear rate to make it even matter to have different tire compounds? 🫣😤🙄🤐
Ha. It confused me at first and I was using softs for 4/5 laps then hards for the rest, as I thought that was what the race had been set up to offer in terms of strategy. Took me a whilst to realise I could use 2 x softs. Now everyone is on that 7/7 pit strategy.

A strange one from PD.

I have an idea that I think is interesting. What would you think of a roulette "Dayli Race"?
-Start every 30 minutes
  • Qualifying time for the race 5-8 minutes
  • 5 equal random cars to choose from
(now comes the joke or interesting part)
  • Before qualifying, the game will dice which car you can/must start with
  • Incentive 1.5-2.5 times the reward for DR and SR + 0.75 times the punishment for DR and 2.0 times the punishment for SR, this is intended to create variety and at the same time promote fair driving (by the way, the penalty system back to pre 1.13 bring back )

As for DR/SR, I does seem a little broken. I’m B rank at the minute, but I’ve seen people in A rank that are slower than me which just doesn’t seem right.
All you have to do to increase DR is to finish in the top half of the table I think. Can be rank A and consistently finish mid-table.

I think the DR system is pretty okay, its just the SR that needs work. I don’t think there's much more they could do with DR that would make it any more accurate, you lose rating to the drivers ahead, and take it from the drivers behind - it does a fine job at eventually sorting you into racing competitively mid pack.

It gets a bit dicey on split borders, as you can be the fastest of 2nd split and the slowest in top split, but I have had that in iRacing too, and you eventually start finding the pace to keep up.

I have an idea that I think is interesting. What would you think of a roulette "Dayli Race"?
-Start every 30 minutes
  • Qualifying time for the race 5-8 minutes
  • 5 equal random cars to choose from
(now comes the joke or interesting part)
  • Before qualifying, the game will dice which car you can/must start with
  • Incentive 1.5-2.5 times the reward for DR and SR + 0.75 times the punishment for DR and 2.0 times the punishment for SR, this is intended to create variety and at the same time promote fair driving (by the way, the penalty system back to pre 1.13 bring back )
I would not like it. As a race A with no DR/SR maybe, but never with even harsher DR/SR changes. BoP can really ruin that if you get unlucky with the car.

All you have to do to increase DR is to finish in the top half of the table I think. Can be rank A and consistently finish mid-table.
Not so sure about that. I've finished a lot of races in positions from 4 to 6 lately, and my DR hasn't moved a bit.

I would not like it. As a race A with no DR/SR maybe, but never with even harsher DR/SR changes. BoP can really ruin that if you get unlucky with the car.
That's why I said 5 equivalent vehicles.. which of course makes it essential that the BOP is adjusted to the extent that the 5 vehicles intended for the raffle are equivalent to a few tenths on this route. That should/is absolutely possible with the will of PD to change something positive. There are already usually 2-3 vehicles that are of equal value and 2-3 others whose distance to the top is less than 1 second. I know I know a lot of people may whine that 1 second is a lot... but it's pretty much negligible in racing.

@Leon Kowalski
Believe me it moves into the positive when you finish between 4-6.. but it's relatively low points for what you need to achieve.

If I remember correctly you are B and you want to be an A driver. A starts at 30,000 points.. if you finish as 6 you gain around 100-300 points if I'm not wrong.. you hardly see that anymore.
The last 2-3-4-5 millimeters of the bar fill up extremely slowly.

Last edited:
Matching People by some sort of “Contact“ System.
And then as we improve our “Contact“ Rating to a certain Level, then DR Points can be earned.
NOT BEFORE.
I love this idea! I always thought ”Safety Rating” is a bit too vague and doesn’t really match what I see supposed S drivers do to each other all the time.

@Leon Kowalski
Believe me it moves into the positive when you finish between 4-6.. but it's relatively low points for what you need to achieve.

If I remember correctly you are B and you want to be an A driver. A starts at 30,000 points.. if you finish as 6 you gain around 100-300 points if I'm not wrong.. you hardly see that anymore.
The last 2-3-4-5 millimeters of the bar fill up extremely slowly.
My eyesight might be to bad to notice that little movement...🤣

At least bad results make you lose points more quickly and noticeably. I realised that when the first puntfests began at Yamagiwa. The progress bar was full, I was literally one or two good results away from A. Four or five really bad races later, I was at around 80%, where I've been more or less stuck since then.

I actually don't really want to be an A driver. I just want to become an A driver, at least once, just to see that I can do it. From the actual racing standpoint, I feel quite okay in the higher B/S lobbies. Mostly clean racing, and accounting my abilities, I think that's where I belong. All good.

BTW concerning my latest posts and your kind advice: On the next try managed to get a win In Daily Race B. Started Pole again, went risky through the first turns, didn't **** my pants this time and drove a clean race to the end. P2 fell back after pressuring me for two laps. I still was a bit too cautious in some sectors, but I brought it home. Oh, and yes, the progress bar moved up a pixel... 🤣

Fun fact: In the replay I realised that P2 became victim of another massive divebomb in the final corner from an Alfa driver (who had done a clean race until then). Why always the Alfas? Well, at least P2 handled it perfectly, kept his car on track, almost pushed the Alfa into the pitlane and secured his second place.

Last edited:
Fun fact: In the replay I realised that P2 became victim of another massive divebomb in the final corner from an Alfa driver (who had done a clean race until then). Why always the Alfas? Well, at least P2 handled it perfectly, kept his car on track, almost pushed the Alfa into the pitlane and secured his second place.
Lol I just had a great battle in a Race B with an Alfa for 4 laps we gave each other space and were jostling for position until the last lap he follows me into the chicane of death and tries to overtake on the exit, punting me into the wall in the process, he drives off, I get damage, time lost and finish last.

I was ready to give him credit in the chat as well for the clean racing :lol:

Latest Posts

Back