GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,320 comments
Having some great fun in Race A. Every race I’ve done so far has been clean and fair racing which has been quite a surprise since they is no DR/SR. Been giving the MR cars a go today and wow they are just cars on ice. McLaren is the only car I drive.

Just used the Toyota F1 and that was great. Started P6 and finished P3, maybe could have had P2 but I’m not sure if I wasn’t strong enough going into to T1 to be able to take the spot.
Uploaded a few attempts here. Personally I think both moves if I had gone for them would have resulted in a crash, bit love to know your thoughts.

My boy Jason would have certainly gone for it!

And then, right on cue, I started Pole in Race A and had the fastest lap for a couple laps and was 5 seconds ahead with one lap to go. I was trying not to freak out and stay confident, but then got greedy trying to get the fastest lap again. I spun out after turn 2 and ended up P3. I could have fought for P2 but it would have been kinda rude and maybe dirty so I just let it go and chalked it up to "I should have freaked out instead of getting a big head!"
Yup, I know that. I'm guilty of that same mistake, too. And I'm a repeat offender, to be honest.😇

Today was my second day in a row I jumped into Daily Race Sport Mode after yesterdays surprisingly pleasant Experience.
Well, what should I say but it continued there where it ended the evening before.
Sort of 2.0
I started my Session once again in the brute Lamborghini Huracan.
As always in Cockpit View with no HUD and ABS set to Weak.
Matchmaking put me once again in a Lobby with our Friend and by the way very decent Driver Mr. @NAXEHT .
We had a very good race and the Racing Experience in General was once again very satisfying.
We then once again decided to give the more Technical Driving Style orientated Cars a go and chose to continue with the MR Engine Layouts.
I chose my all time favorite the beautiful Ferrari 458 and @NAXEHT opted for the Raging Bull I rode in the race before.
And of course it was once again a phenomenal Race, hard driven and always on the Edge throughout the entire Race.
For our next Session we both jumped into the absolutely underrated but definitely extremely well balanced and due to its Turbo Engine insanely quick Audi R8 LMS.
Now that was a race I was looking for and we both delivered.
It was hot, sweaty and intense. No one was willing to give up an inch and we fought it out in such a hard yet respectful manner that after we crossed the finish line I felt exhausted.
The Level of Dancing on the Throttle, Trailbraking on the very Edge of the absolute Grip Limits while being completely Focused once again proved to be one of the best Experiences this Game has on offer when being matched with appropriate Drivers.
Cheers and thank you for having the pleasure to share the Track with you Mr. @NAXEHT , that was some seriously good Racing and fun.
That’s what Sport Mode should always be like.
For my Final Race of the Day I decided to play it safe and hopped behind the Wheel of my good ol‘ and trustworthy Jaguar GT3. Unfortunately without @NAXEHT as he had stuff to take care off.
Once again started on Pole, and had a fellow fast Croatian Dude following me throughout the whole Race which was ridden down like a Clockwork to finally cross the Finish Line in 1st Place with the Fastest Lap of the Race and of course a fine and well earned CRB too.
What can I ask for more to finish my GT Day.
It was a pure joy once again.
Lots of close Side by Side action and multiple overtakes, no deliberate Contacts and in general very decent Driving.
No Shenanigans whilst on Track nor in the After Race Chat.
No whining or accusing.
These no DR Races are a blessing.
People finally seem to understand that there is more to gain than some meaningless DR Points…Respect.
That’s Sport.
To be continued… 😁

Last edited:
2 comments here on a quick daily race B during work from home morning tea break time in Aus (lol)

1. Obviously the player pool at non peak times is severely depleted, judging by the very high diversity on the grid in terms of DR, SR and qualifying times
2. I expected 100% chance to be sent to my death on lap 1 by a murderous lunge or punt of the millenium by the 2 alfas behind me, as soon as I saw this start grid I felt my death was imminent. Amazingly, this didn't happen which was a nice surprise. Instead, P2 murdered P1 with a completely outrageous overtake attempt, then murdered himself on death chicane, then the whole grid finished with about 5 seconds space between every position....pretty boring despite being an easy win for me

I guess if the player pool is this bad outside of peak, it sort of explains why they can't add more daily races and stuff. Then again, I wonder how much it could be improved by merging PS4/PS5...

gt_grid.JPG

I did get my time for Race B down to a 1:47.9xx and had a real chance at a 1:47.5XX but I clipped the CoD and that was that. With that task done, I entered 2 races tonight.

Race 1 sees me in P6 to start which is right where I should be I feel. The race goes off without much drama. Clean racing and the only accidents were off tracks and spins. I found myself in P3 at one point, but wasn't able to hold on to it. Going 2 wide through the CoD isn't going to work on the final lap so I backed off and finished P4. Which is a shame as I made a decent cutback pass at the "snorkel" turn after the left-hander coming out of the esses to just get ahead of P3. I'll take P4 over a visit to the distinguished Barry R. any day. I also briefly held the fastest lap for a like 15 seconds or so.

Race 2 I'm in P7 to start and I'm goods with that. Again, no real drama in the race. 3 drivers including myself that had some wall contract at the CoD on lap 1, I got the least of it and went to P4 where I stayed and finished the race. I almost lost it in the right-hand kink early on, but kept control and continued on. The battle for P1 looked to be good from my vantage point a few seconds behind, with the pole sitter going wide in the final turn. Clean race bonus as a reward and much needed good results for a confidence boost.

The GT-R feels great around Dragon Trail and I should have been using it sooner for Gr.4. Mad props to the pole-sitter in both races (same driver) making it work in the Huracan. There was a good mix of cars with the Mustang, Subaru, Alfa, and Lancer making the grids. I'm sure I missed a few, but it's nice to see not a 1-make race. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow and turn some laps.

This was my first time playing GT7 in a couple of months and I had a blast today.

Started with Race A and chose my own AM Vantage GR3. Got the quali time down to ~1:47.7. First few races went ok, usually a top 5. Then lowered my time to 1:47.0 and was on pole for every race. After about my 5th win in a row I decided to switch it up to Race B.

Tried my Aston Martin Gr4 and didn't really like it. I was getting smoked by GTRs and Alfas. Went a bought a GTR (just so I could use my own paint scheme) and it went better but not great. One top 5 in about 5 races.

I then "rented" the CLK for Race C. Its is ****ing amazing! Spent about 20 minutes qualifying and got it down to a 1:18.8. I only had enough time for one race, and I started 4th. P3 picked up a penalty on the first lap so I got him on the back straight. P2 spun it on 6 lap old tires which put me into P2 and about 5 seconds behind P1. Since this was my first race I had no idea what the strategy was, so I just did two 7 lap stints on softs. That seems to be what everyone else did. P1 was just too strong and he ended up winning by about 7 seconds. Great fun for my first race!

My God what is up with the MR Gr.3 cars? On-throttle understeer is so bad; it's almost impossible to get them to oversteer even at very low speeds on RH tires. And when you lift off, they get unstable because there's such a big gap in turn-in between on and off throttle.

My God what is up with the MR Gr.3 cars? On-throttle understeer is so bad; it's almost impossible to get them to oversteer even at very low speeds on RH tires. And when you lift off, they get unstable because there's such a big gap in turn-in between on and off throttle.
You're right about the understeer, I agree with you... BUT the cars can corner a lot faster and.. driven properly (which is really difficult) they also have a higher average cornering speed... so they need less boost at the exit of the corner to be the same speed compared to FR. Before the rear axle grip was raised, the MR vehicles were a bit more agile and had less understeer... but they also slipped away more quickly.

Yesterday I was able to improve my Q time for race B a bit and ended up in a challenging A+ pool. That was really tiring... and every mistake pays back immediately, but it was also really nice to drive. In my last race P2 made a mistake on the climb in S2, took the corner too tight and got a 0.5 second penalty.
So I was able to catch him after the CoD and in the braking zone for the last corner we were next to each other, I was inside.
He didn't fight, gave me enough space inside and for his part hoped that I wouldn't push him out at the exit.. which I didn't do either... To be on the safe side, I had accelerated a little less or later full throttle to avoid getting into his line... The P2 driver noticed this and was able to put himself in front of me by 0.11x seconds... this was followed by a run on turns 1-2-3 where we drove neatly next to each other almost the entire time.
Eventually the situation became too strenuous for me and I lifted the gas pedal briefly, allowing P2 to go forward.
What followed were 4 more laps where I was able to put some real pressure on him, gaps between 0.4 and in the end 2.x seconds set in because I drove a little more carefully in the CoD than he did.

It was a really great race yesterday, with one exception all the races I participated in were very clean and respectful.
Many thanks to everyone who might have been there and read along here!

Went for some random cars today in race C....That Gr.2 race has the potential to be really good, but two things:
  • What is the point of the hard tires? You can never fully utilize them and you'll be forced to swap to softs anyway.
  • The BOP creates way too much variance in top speed between the cars.
There's no leapfrog dynamic. Just get brutalized on the straights and pray they make a mistake later. I feel like it should be more 'pick your poison/salve': cornering speed + acceleration w/ reliance on slipstream vs straight line speed w/ mediocre cornering or wear. That's pretty much what the dynamic was in one of the Gr.1 Le Mans races back in GTS - R92CP vs 787B.

I did manage to get some good, albeit scruffy racing with a car that wasn't the CLK, but solely because there was a ton of time loss from the guys ahead fighting. The tire advantage was minor by comparison.

Three wide twice, but sloppy at some points. Some door banging, I punt a guy and then some right lock in a left hand corner. It was some enjoyable chaos while it lasted.

Went for some random cars today in race C....That Gr.2 race has the potential to be really good, but two things:
  • What is the point of the hard tires? You can never fully utilize them and you'll be forced to swap to softs anyway.
  • The BOP creates way too much variance in top speed between the cars.
There's no leapfrog dynamic. Just get brutalized on the straights and pray they make a mistake later. I feel like it should be more 'pick your poison/salve': cornering speed + acceleration w/ reliance on slipstream vs straight line speed w/ mediocre cornering or wear. That's pretty much what the dynamic was in one of the Gr.1 Le Mans races back in GTS - R92CP vs 787B.

I did manage to get some good, albeit scruffy racing with a car that wasn't the CLK, but solely because there was a ton of time loss from the guys ahead fighting. The tire advantage was minor by comparison.

Three wide twice, but sloppy at some points. Some door banging, I punt a guy and then some right lock in a left hand corner. It was some enjoyable chaos while it lasted.

Proper racing that. Love it.

I hate this thread. I read it and it keeps tempting me back to try again to try to like online...

Did the fifty races for the trophy then promised myself I’d quit forever, but then after seeing some people here saying this week’s races were fun I tried again, yesterday and today, six or seven goes at Race B per day. Used the rented Alfa and it’s a decent race, nice track, I’m high B DR and B SR (that still hasn’t recovered from the Trial Mtn hellfest a few weeks ago), usually starting P2 to P4 or 5. A couple of wins, usually P2 to P5 at the end when not affected by the idiocy. But at least three or four races out of the twelve or so were completely wrecked.

There’s at least one or two race-marring nutcases in every field, and the sad thing is they’re often decent drivers. It’s enough to really put me off, I just don’t want to waste any of my time with muppets. I don’t know how the regulars on this thread accept it, there must be a personality type that allows certain people to live with it. I can’t. It doesn’t even need to affect me; if I see an idiot taking out another driver ahead of me and I end up benefitting from the scumbag’s antics I still can’t really accept it.

My theory re PD’s apparent unwillingness to try to improve penalties is that they simply don’t care; they’ve given up on it; they know from GTS only a small percentage of players bother with online at all (especially after triggering any trophies) and they’re basically leaving it at that. This is it.

I personally think it’s dying online. Yesterday and today, my races often had DR ranges from E to A, and SRs ranging from E to S, all mixed up in the same race. Qually times from 1.46.x pole to 1.56 or 58. Also many of the same people in the lobbies both days (the same pole sitter yesterday was still there on pole again today). For servers that cover the whole of Europe/ME/ Africa that’s really quite weird, and sad, if you think about it. There simply cannot be very many people playing.

I’m gonna really, really try to avoid this thread, but...

There’s at least one or two race-marring nutcases in every field, and the sad thing is they’re often decent drivers. It’s enough to really put me off, I just don’t want to waste any of my time with muppets. I don’t know how the regulars on this thread accept it, there must be a personality type that allows certain people to live with it. I can’t. It doesn’t even need to affect me; if I see an idiot taking out another driver ahead of me and I end up benefitting from the scumbag’s antics I still can’t really accept it.
Man I have to be honest I just.. don't encounter it? I've only ever seen stuff like this on that Suzuka Gr.3 race a while ago and that was just the same person doing it every race and then leaving. I don't know if that's because I'm in A+, I have to assume it has something to do with it, but even then my American alt at A has clean races too, maybe slightly less but I'd easily say that 95% of my race experiences are completely clean, whether that's fighting at the back or the front, on both regions.

My grids, aside from race A which I think is understandably derelict considering it has little going for it, at the lowest go to B as well, and I'd be surprised if there's less players in the lower ranks than there are at the higher ones, so I really don't know what's going on. It's interesting how vastly different peoples experiences are.

I had 3 or 4 Race B this week. All of them with 16 drivers, all DR:B/SR:S, not one other. On PS5 btw. So i think there are enough drivers but i dont know why sometimes the matchmaking gets weird.

I personally think it’s dying online. Yesterday and today, my races often had DR ranges from E to A, and SRs ranging from E to S, all mixed up in the same race. Qually times from 1.46.x pole to 1.56 or 58. Also many of the same people in the lobbies both days (the same pole sitter yesterday was still there on pole again today). For servers that cover the whole of Europe/ME/ Africa that’s really quite weird, and sad, if you think about it. There simply cannot be very many people playing.

I’m gonna really, really try to avoid this thread, but...

My grids, aside from race A which I think is understandably derelict considering it has little going for it, at the lowest go to B as well, and I'd be surprised if there's less players in the lower ranks than there are at the higher ones, so I really don't know what's going on. It's interesting how vastly different peoples experiences are.
From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) but the game sorts lobbies by SR first, and if you think about how easy it is to maintain an S rating with SR then you're not looking at the majority of drivers when you're currently SR B, so it doesn't surprise me that's a bigger range of DR ratings in there.

I spent yesterday flipping through the races as SR S and from morning until evening (yes I'm home sick at the mo unfortunately) I raced with DR B drivers with perhaps the one exception here and there but nothing noticeable as a pattern.

That's not to say Sport Mode is booming, there's things to be fixed and work to be done but there's not 'hardly anyone' playing, you just need to get your SR back up to the majority of players level.

From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) but the game sorts lobbies by SR first, and if you think about how easy it is to maintain an S rating with SR then you're not looking at the majority of drivers when you're currently SR B, so it doesn't surprise me that's a bigger range of DR ratings in there.

I spent yesterday flipping through the races as SR S and from morning until evening (yes I'm home sick at the mo unfortunately) I raced with DR B drivers with perhaps the one exception here and there but nothing noticeable as a pattern.

That's not to say Sport Mode is booming, there's things to be fixed and work to be done but there's not 'hardly anyone' playing, you just need to get your SR back up to the majority of players level.
Ahhh yeah of course, that makes sense. I completely neglected SR calculations.

That's definitely it. It's easy as anything to get and keep S SR - so it makes a lot of sense that the people @Nagaremono is racing are definitively not clean, as it does take a bit of effort to stay down there, especially as high as B DR.

Need to work on pulling that back to S, perhaps focus on qualifying high (or don't qualify at all) and just do your best to stay out of trouble. You're in the dirty leagues, so I wouldn't take this as an example of what everyone in the thread is experiencing, it's just a biproduct of where you've ended up.

, you just need to get your SR back up to the majority of players level.

You could be right. My SR was back up to A this morning, but then in my second race the yellows flashed up just as I was passing another car, 4 sec pen and I’m back at B...

Which is another gripe I have; there needs to be a short interval after the yellows flash up to allow drivers time to brake. Even half a second would be enough most times. If you’re committed to a pass (actually today we were pretty much side by side, I must’ve just momentarily nosed ahead) you’re stuffed with things as they are.

Which is another gripe I have; there needs to be a short interval after the yellows flash up to allow drivers time to brake. Even half a second would be enough most times. If you’re committed to a pass (actually today we were pretty much side by side, I must’ve just momentarily nosed ahead) you’re stuffed with things as they are.
Yeah and really the cars are virtual and ghosted when crashing / spinning so there's no need for a yellow flag there at all but hey ho

Ahhh yeah of course, that makes sense. I completely neglected SR calculations.

That's definitely it. It's easy as anything to get and keep S SR - so it makes a lot of sense that the people @Nagaremono is racing are definitively not clean, as it does take a bit of effort to stay down there, especially as high as B DR.

Need to work on pulling that back to S, perhaps focus on qualifying high (or don't qualify at all) and just do your best to stay out of trouble. You're in the dirty leagues, so I wouldn't take this as an example of what everyone in the thread is experiencing, it's just a biproduct of where you've ended up.
Yeah this could be it, asMercia said. Tbh I was S for almost all my 400+ races on GTS, but then the Trial Mtn wreckfest a few weeks ago had me at E at one point. And I’ve barely played since then. I might endeavour to have a few quiet races and see if anything changes.

I’m also wondering if it’s the time of day. I tend to play mid-mornings. Back in the GTS days I played late at night, often middle of the night, and the people just seemed nicer...

Edit: I still don’t really get how there are SR S drivers in these races though. If SR is the primary ‘sorting’ criterion, how are they ending up mixed with SR A, B, Cs? I can only imagine it’s happening when v few people are online?

Last edited:
Okay 4 races tonight, all Race B in my carbon Alfa.

First race, ended up passing a few who were taking each other out (including “whiteman” in a Subway GTR, who punted someone in front of me and then slammed himself in the CoD) and I finished 2nd behind “Aussie Racer”, clean racing but I just couldn’t catch him.

Next race, ended up getting alongside “Aussie Racer” leading approaching turn 2, he brakes super early and then punted me into the gravel, down to 12th and then fought back to 6th.

Fortunately after that I had two nice clean races back to back… first one I started 5th and came 2nd, “Nata” won.

Next race I started 3rd and won, with Nata 2nd, I had some nice close & clean racing with him too! There were a few times he could have dive bombed, but he kept it clean and gave me room.
DE0761BD-4FBE-4B5C-8FB6-77F9C970C018.jpeg

0FC36574-6AED-446F-9185-B0B0B3ADE1D3.jpeg

As regards to SR, would you welcome a rating system? Something simple like a thumbs up or thumbs down in the after race lobby where you can rate each driver on how they drove? If you collect so many thumbs down in X amount of races your score drops?
The only issue I can see from this is people could abuse the system and just rate every down.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, because PS4 and PS5 drivers are not mixed in sport mode, this divides up the available players. I would say around 25-33% of active gamers are on a PS5 and the rest play on a PS4.
My observations also indicate that the matchmaking takes into account DR and SR, among other things, but apparently also the Q time to some extent. Of course it also depends on the time when you play. I recently had vacation and on a few days I feel like but also have time to race in the morning and at noon. With a few exceptions, the other drivers were more like sparring for me than real opponents.
Whereas in the late afternoon and early evening really tough chunks are on the move.

@Nagaremono

I can understand that people are a bit angry right after the race, but your language is definitely over the top, at least in my opinion... and if you're already in such a mood here, I don't want to know how you feel about other players in the race. I'm also a bit of a hothead and don't take unfair drivers very well... but that wears off quickly for me and I often rewatch the races afterwards... there were also a few moments in the race where I got extremely angry at the Incident and driver was.. and after watching the video.. it looked more like a stupid racing accident, both of which were partly to blame... and that made me think a lot too...

If YOU don't like the races and everyone around you is ALWAYS unclean.... then look at the race again and reflect fairly... I maintain that it's not always just the others.

By the way... this week the Alfa is NOT the best car, so maybe YOU are in the way of the others?!

I also had races in B yesterday and they were great.... in 3-4 races there was one and the same driver who kept calling other drivers idiots. In one race I lost my lead because I went a little wide at turn 5 and spun.. I ended up 11th with a badly damaged car. This driver (in an ALFA by the way) then slammed into my rear several times on the uphill section of S2...my nWagen as it wasn't damaged was difficult to handle and slow...but this guy was unable to overtake cleanly.

Then downhill I chose the inside lane but this driver pushed past me on the grass to the right and started to push me further and further to the left before the hairpin.
He pushed me down to the guard rail... and then disappeared to finish the race.

Guess what.. after the race he thought I was the idiot....

For comparison, my Q is a 45.7 whereas he started with a very high 46 or a low 47 (unfortunately I can't remember exactly)

I can understand that people are a bit angry right after the race, but your language is definitely over the top, at least in my opinion...

Which is it? Definitely, or in your opinion?

If I’m breaking any forum rules I’m sure the admin will delete stuff or tell me. There are plenty of idiots in these races, people out to ruin the experience of others. Undeniable. And I’m not one of the idiots.

And I am not ‘angry after the race’. Maybe that’s you? I tend to laugh at it. But that doesn’t mean I’m happy at having my time wasted.

And as for this : ‘...everyone around you is ALWAYS unclean...’ This kind of misquoting is what gives forums a bad name. Point me to where I said this, or even implied it. I’ve specifically said it’s usually one or two drivers per race. Why are you lying?

What I actually said:
But at least three or four races out of the twelve or so were completely wrecked.

There’s at least one or two race-marring nutcases in every field, and the sad thing is they’re often decent drivers

This clearly means I think about 1/4 or 1/3 of my races are ruined. And that I think the fools account for roughly 1/14 or 2/14 of the players I encounter. Not ‘everyone’. Not at all.

So, I repeat, why are you lying?

Last edited:
Which is it? Definitely, or in your opinion?

If I’m breaking any forum rules I’m sure the admin will delete stuff or tell me. There are plenty of idiots in these races, people out to ruin the experience of others. Undeniable. And I’m not one of the idiots.

And I am not ‘angry after the race’. Maybe that’s you? I tend to laugh at it. But that doesn’t mean I’m happy at having my time wasted.

And as for this : ‘...everyone around you is ALWAYS unclean...’ This kind of misquoting is what gives forums a bad name. Point me to where I said this, or even implied it. I’ve specifically said it’s usually one or two drivers per race. Why are you lying?

What I actually said:
But at least three or four races out of the twelve or so were completely wrecked.

There’s at least one or two race-marring nutcases in every field, and the sad thing is they’re often decent drivers

This clearly means I think about 1/4 or 1/3 of my races are ruined. And that I think the fools account for roughly 1/14 or 2/14 of the players I encounter. Not ‘everyone’. Not at all.

So, I repeat, why are you lying?
Please bare in mind that Maxi reads the site through a translator.
I still don’t really get how there are SR S drivers in these races though. If SR is the primary ‘sorting’ criterion, how are they ending up mixed with SR A, B, Cs
You can lose a fair bit of SR and still be SR S. I think S is down to 82 if I remember correctly. You’ll be matched into SR drop splits once you’re below 92 or so… @Sven Jurgens is the man for this sort of thing.

I'm doing well in Race B other than my starting position. Just finished 6th, but started in 12th as my QT sucks. Was really happy with this as was racing against nutters.

Is the key to a fast time going through the chicane of death at full speed, as I feel I have good pace throughout the rest of the course, but usually slow up a little at the chicane?

Please bare in mind that Maxi reads the site through a translator.

You can lose a fair bit of SR and still be SR S. I think S is down to 82 if I remember correctly. You’ll be matched into SR drop splits once you’re below 92 or so… @Sven Jurgens is the man for this sort of thing.

He (or she) posts enough for me to see this isn’t a language problem. He’s decided to specifically call me out for using alleged unacceptable language, which if he wasn’t pretty confident in his own English abilities would be pretty odd, wouldn’t it? I’m one of the best foreign (non-Asian anyway) Japanese speakers I know (even if I do say so myself!), 30 years using the language and half of that time in Japan, and I’d still be very, very wary of calling out a J native speaker on what’s acceptable language for a given situation. So I think I can safely say he’s pretty sure of himself.

But anyway, that aside, he’s also misquoting me, putting ludicrous words in my mouth. That’s the real problem. I didn’t say what he’s saying I said. And I know he knows that. He’s made many good posts here without doing anything similar. It’s lying, and it’s aimed at me, and I’m asking him why.

Thanks for that info re SR. But I have no idea what those numbers mean (82, 92). I assume it’s a rating. Where can we see them?

Thanks for that info re SR. But I have no idea what those numbers mean (82, 92). I assume it’s a rating. Where can we see them?
We’re all still going off GTsports system as we can’t see our precise ratings with GT7. Assuming it’s the same; SR is rated up to a maximum of 99. Once you’re at 99 you should always be matched with other maximum rated SR drivers which I think counts as 92 or above. If you give someone a massive punt you can lose 12 SR instantly and next race you’ll probably see some very weird matchmaking with SR A drivers but a much wider array of DR. Because it’s matching SR first and most people have maximum SR it’ll need to scour a wider range of DR to fill a room of 80-90 SR drivers. That’s my understanding of it.

Last edited:
We’re all still going off GTsports system as we can’t see our precise ratings with GT7. Assuming it’s the same; SR is rated up to a maximum of 99. Once you’re at 99 you should always be matched with other maximum rated SR drivers which I think counts as 92 or above. If you give someone a massive punt you can lose 12 SR instantly and next race you’ll probably see some very weird matchmaking with SR A drivers but a much wider array of DR. Because it’s matching SR first and most people have maximum SR it’ll need to scour a wider range of DR to fill a room of 80-90 SR drivers. That’s my understanding of it.
Ah, ok, thanks. You live and learn. I had no idea it was so ‘scientific’. So if I’m a B and there are S drivers in the race they’re likely low S (and I’m high B?)... I assume DR has something similar. I would guess though that the fewer players online at a particular time, the more ‘odd’ some of the matchmaking gets as it has to spread over wider ranges to fill race slots.

Last edited:
I struggle a lot on the begging with DR, today A+, first rule I learned, respect other cars, if you are close to another car, break early and have better exist, as guy in front will push to the limits to hold position, he either do mistake soon or later or due to late braking have late exit. With a lot of clean drivers side by side, always very existing races, but some just like a bomb, so if you have such, I try not to hold them and give the space, not making sense to end up outside track, need to say time to time you have still bomb dive from others, some drivers after small contact believe next corner they have right to send you out of track :) but in A and A+ lobbies in general good races

Ah, ok, thanks. You live and learn. I had no idea it was so ‘scientific’. So if I’m a B and there are S drivers in the race they’re likely low S (and I’m high B? I am)... I assume DR has something similar. I would guess though that the fewer players online at a particular time, the more ‘odd’ some of the matchmaking gets as it has to spread over wider ranges to fill race slots.
In theory they would be low S to get matchmaked with non SR S. But in the middle of the night it’s probably a struggle to get 16 players in any race. The concurrent online player numbers for this game must be absolutely miniscule.

I struggle a lot on the begging with DR, today A+, first rule I learned, respect other cars, if you are close to another car, break early and have better exist, as guy in front will push to the limits to hold position, he either do mistake soon or later or due to late braking have late exit. With a lot of clean drivers side by side, always very existing races, but some just like a bomb, so if you have such, I try not to hold them and give the space, not making sense to end up outside track, need to say time to time you have still bomb dive from others, some drivers after small contact believe next corner they have right to send you out of track :) but in A and A+ lobbies in general good races
I agree with this. If I get close to the car ahead, I generally just follow and pressure and nine times out of ten they mess up somewhere. I’m the same when someone’s behind me though...
A lot f people simply won’t wait though, try to push through ASAP, and I wonder if it’s because they’re trained to do that by chasing the rabbits in the single player game. Not a big problem if they’re fair, but you never know which one’s going to be a muppet and punt you...

Last edited:
Back