GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,372 comments
Race B is exactly as we thought it would be. I’m not sure what happens to people once they get behind the wheel of a 155. Turn into maniacs. They are quicker through the infield so they just feel entitled to gain positions regardless whether there’s anything on or not. Just barge your way through

Curiously, not much to read here about Daily Race B. Monday was my Race A day, and I wanted to give Race B a go this evening. But... maybe I shouldn't, to keep my frustration level in check, if it's the same wreckfest like in recent weeks. Is it? What's your experience?

Edit: Ooops. The answer is there, seconds before the question. NikNakTobasco, you are a clairvoyant...

Last edited:
Curiously, not much to read here about Daily Race B. Monday was my Race A day, and I wanted to give Race B a go this evening. But... maybe I shouldn't, to keep my frustration level in check, if it's the same wreckfest like in recent weeks. Is it? What's your experience?

Edit: Ooops. The answer is there, seconds before the question. NikNakTobasco, you are a clairvoyant...
Well I can give a little more detail! I’ve done 3 races. There’s only 2 genuine overtaking opportunities that aren’t push to pass outside of big mistakes, turn 1 and turn 3. Turn 3 (left turn after the long run out of senna) on two separate races I’m fully alongside in the inside, I brake into the apex to park it and both occasions the outside car has veered into me and bounced off. They must know I’m there and they turned in regardless like a DR D driver. Then the first sharp right of the infield they go for a massive punt, one successful one not.
3rd race behind were fighting and ahead were too fast so a nice lonely race.
No clean race bonus, they’ll be hard to come by. I don’t foresee much racing really. If you’ve got a 155 behind you then prepared to be barged off. It’s a shame; could be good if we had the old pens.

Done all 3 daily races and have to say not really liking them much. Had two weeks of brilliant racing to this week of boring racing really.

Race A is just boring really. I can see the fun in racing some obscure cars, but the field spread is just too big. Ran both races on my own and car in front too fast but car behind too slow.

Race B I love Interlargos and it’s a track I’m good at. Gr4 cars I just can’t seem to get to grips with the car round this track. Tried the Supra and was ok, GTR is ok but I just find it way to skiddy for my liking, and the 155 I can’t get to grips with the gear ratio. Tried the Lancer and it’s an ok car. Issue I had in both races is people just divebomb and push to pass. I had the inside of the corner covered yet a 155 decided they would us the grass and push to pass.

Race C I’m not a huge fan of fuel saving. Tried the one stopper a few times but both races I just couldn’t find any pace from the cars. Done two no stoppers today and had better results but the race was boring really.

Seems time to bring back this old classic

814OBcXwzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Honestly race A has been pretty fun so far. Been rocking the Yellow Evo 5 stock and it does pretty well. Definitely not very competitive but I find a lot of good action starting at the back with no qualifying.

Man I am uniquely awful at sector 1 of Nurb GP. Absolute chronic skill issue. Something about the way those first few corners work loses me more time than I lose in the rest of the track combined.

Stuck in the 55s, where I really need to drop another second or so.

Race A is just boring really. I can see the fun in racing some obscure cars, but the field spread is just too big. Ran both races on my own and car in front too fast but car behind too slow.
Same experience here. Although I needed 8 races to find out that it was boring. Best result: P2, worst result: P4. Always one or two superfast cars ahead disappearing in the sunset, almost everyone behind me struggling to keep their cars on the track. Three or four nice battles with drivers who had a similar pace than me. But most races rather uneventful, I got CRB in most of them. It only took me that long to realize that the actual racing was boring, because I enjoyed driving the Evo and the MiTo so much, trying to get as smoothly around the track as possible.

Race C is a complete fuel saving bore fest. Try the corvette for giggles. the amount of fuel saving needed with it is kind of ridiculous.
Als othe reason why the porsche is very prevalent, because it is much more economic with fuel.

I showed up in a severely detuned Shelby Cobra yesterday and I was never in contention for a podium spot, but I'll tell you what: it got more comments than any of the other cars except for the DeLorean that some people are using. I'm just taking in weird cars and running them without any real expectation to contend. It's just fun so see the cars and shenanigans from the back of the pack.
Yeah, I had to break my no-detunes rule for this one, the car just feels like it belongs there.

Grandpa showing the kids how it's done. Out-dragged the GR86 to the line, of course he tried to pit me as I beat him.

Attachments

• 20970660970734716.jpg
    20970660970734716.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20970072111682411.jpg
    20970072111682411.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20970231574224316.jpg
    20970231574224316.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20970455986868895.jpg
    20970455986868895.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20970815345932218.jpg
    20970815345932218.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12
I had a bunch of fun too. A couple of things: how did you recognize my user name, since it's different than my GTP account? I was amazed when you called me by name! I went ahead and changed my nickname as a result so that other people might find me. Also, I saw you flashing your lights and stuff and I figured that you were just pissed at the back marker getting in your way! I didn't recognize you until you chatted with me.
You mentioned it in the post about winning at the Glen. I hadn't noticed until you said something in the pre-race chat but I was too slow to type at that point.

I always start at the back the first day or two as I learn the track. I just don't want to deal with all the drama, especially with that first turn! I let everyone sort things out and then go along my merry way so I can learn the track better. I golded the CE but that in no way prepared me for the racing on that track! I never qualify very high anyway. I am not good enough yet to figure out how to cut entire seconds out of my lap times!

I think by "having fun" you mean "it was funny watching me spin all over the place and run off the track for no apparent reasons," right? It took me all week at Watkins Glen to get a decent quali time, which is how I finally won that race. I was also helped by P1 just not starting the race. I went around him and never once had any challenges. I'm a horrible front-runner and just kept telling myself "you can do this, don't break out," and eventually the muscle memory carried me through. I have a video of that race: I'll see if you were there for that one.
Na man, it's all good. The only places I saw that you can gain a lot of time were keeping it tighter through T3 to open up T4 and the exit and through the esses... you're already completely on the right curbs which is good, just a quick lift on turning into the left should weight the front enough to turn in and then it's back on the gas carrying that momentum all the way to T11. Your baseline is solid, just keep putting the laps in.

I think I remember that W.G. race. I was in a yellow Viper with blue stripes just trying to keep it pointed straight. For some reason it was a bear through some of the turns and wanted to snap over like the MR cars do. Maybe I was just so used to the M6. I do recall passing by someone who just didn't seem to start the race. But whatever, don't let that mess with the fact you still won the race! You still gotta do 10 laps with a pit stop, without biffing it or getting a penalty (especially the pit lane one).
As for the track, I just can't find the driving line for it! I have no idea how you can keep that 911 in bounds. I love the idea of MR cars but I just can't get them to cooperate. Maybe I'll turn TC on for them in order to learn. . . . Is it worth it? They seem quicker. Please give me some hints here, since all MR cars try to assassinate me if I try them. You were driving circles around me, sometimes literally, and seemed to be able to slow down and speed up to pass me like you had nitrous, then maneuver around me, park on the side of the road until I caught up, and then did it all over again! I did, however, like following you and learning a few tricks here and there. I wish we had a system like this where we could buddy up with people and learn from them under BoP conditions.
Yea, again I don't really care for this layout. Not much a fan of the Porsche as it can be slidey going though turns, then seems to understeer like crazy. If you're really good with it and can manage both of those things at the same time I suppose it would be good. Seems to be better on fuel in this race than the BRZ so that is why I was using it. I am no expert but I try to get most of my braking before turning in since they're super sensitive and get back on the gas asap - even if it doesn't feel natural - as it seems to settle them down.

IMO the MR cars aren't much worth it right now. They can be fun, but if you're pushing and racing they can be a handful. I was having fun with the Ford GT LM II at Spa and W.G. but I only used them on my B account. There are a few that seem to handle pretty well, like the RCZ or the McLaren but it's been a couple 'handling updates' since I've tried them out.

But the track is a challenge, for sure. I may not qualify at all this week because I am satisfied just being a back marker for this track. I realize that if I qualify I'll learn it better, but then I get mixed into the middle of the field (there is NO WAY I'll rank higher than P10 with those Q times) and then have a miserable time anyway in that crazy jumble on lap 1.

That photo must be from the straightaway at the finish line because there's never any other time where I was actually in front of you! Pretty cool though. So, out of curiosity, how did you get this shot? I saved a race the other day but it was only a video without the option to change views, etc., like you normally get on a replay. I couldn't figure out any other way to save the race though.

Anyway, thanks for falling back to find me. Or in the case of the first race, lapping me and then waiting! It was a good time.
That one is going towards T6... the short straight after the tight left and right though the infield. Taking pics in race mode is easy. Just hit "circle" to bring up the menu at the bottom and there is a camera icon. Just pause the replay and hit that camera. There are usually more than a few angles or you can 'walk' the track as well.

Last edited:
So I finally decided to try short-shift strategy this week because I saw yesterday it was clearly the winning one in race C. I had to because I would be left with nothing to race this week since I'm sick and tired of Interlagos dating all the way back to GT Sport.

Beetle is my favourite but went with Porsche today, did a bit of practice on manual after long time and decided to give it a go. Even improved my fastest time slightly over Beetle, did not expect that.

Anyway, I never did this and my first race was purely experimental. But on FM1 run out of fuel near the end even with desperate FM6 last lap and a half. Was top 5, finished 11th (didn't know they let you drive 80kph, thank god for that 😅).

Second race was perfecto! Started 6th and went with FM2 whole race and it was just enough ⛽️ to finish and finish 3rd! Could've been even better if not for usual punting and shunting in opening laps. I was only 5s from win. Love it.

Really enjoying this race A format. Great track, quick races, trying out a load of different cars from my garage and not seeing the same metas each race (apart from the pole-sitters in their jacked up F430s - gotta pad those stats).

A top 5 for the Pantera - lovely to drive (with a bit of balancing ballast) and lovely to watch back in the replay.

Attachments

• 20970068600808158.jpg
    20970068600808158.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 12
Man I am uniquely awful at sector 1 of Nurb GP. Absolute chronic skill issue. Something about the way those first few corners work loses me more time than I lose in the rest of the track combined.

Same here. No idea how to drive it, where to brake.

Stuck in the 55s, where I really need to drop another second or so.

On the other hand, i wish I had the same problem.🤣

Hate to break it to all you A+ers, but your stock just plummeted. Even if it only lasts for a day, at least I made it to A+.

Ml3bofd.jpg

Jumped on my B account to do a race C and figured WTH, I am going to try out the A account for a couple. Won them both.

First one I got pushed off in the esses and dropped back to P9. Made up a couple of places but was then stuck behind a Merc for the next five laps until he pitted. Well, so did everyone else (including Porsches) except a Vette who pitted the next lap. I'm now leading?! WTF? Anyway, managed fuel and barely finished in front of a charging Beetle who made up like seven seconds on my in the last two laps.

f3044de5583abd5885e93739f88529e7_photo.webp

Second one I feel like a *. I was leading and holding off the chargers behind. Yadda yadda last two laps a SSRT (or whatever the accronym is) guy who started last was catching up to me bit by bit. As we went into the straight before the final chicane on the final lap we were side-by-side with me on the inside. Both braked and I bumped his rear quarter panel so slightly the game didn't register the noise on my end as contact. He slid a bit while trying to make the next right and hit me (not his fault at that point). He then spun. I finished P1 but feel like a * because I wasn't convinced we made contact or I would've waited. I tried to talk to him after the race but he left. Watched the replay on another guy's channel and I did just tap him. Dammit! At full speed it really doesn't look too bad but the slow mo is pretty damming. I am not fully convinced there was a full car's width on the inside until after the contact, but looks like enough space was left.

Sorry dude if you're out there. I honestly didn't think we touched or I would've waited for you. My bad. Oh well, **** happens.

ETA - Here is the incident. 100% accidental. 0.1" too late on the brakes and the car understeered a bit too much.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Taking pics in race mode is easy. Just hit "circle" to bring up the menu at the bottom and there is a camera icon. Just pause the replay and hit that camera. There are usually more than a few angles or you can 'walk' the track as well.
This is the part I don't understand. I've done this on replays from single player mode, but when I tried to watch a replay after the online race it would only let me save the replay, which is basically just a YouTube video that doesn't allow me to do all the things I'd like such as watching other racers to see what they're doing, take photos, and stuff like that. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Wait a minute: I'm wrong. I "saved" the replay but never could find it. Where are they saved?! I had to do a save of the most recent gameplay that PS5 has and then trim it down to my race. I still can't find the "saved replay" though. Anybody have any idea where that should be?

Last edited:
This is the part I don't understand. I've done this on replays from single player mode, but when I tried to watch a replay after the online race it would only let me save the replay, which is basically just a YouTube video that doesn't allow me to do all the things I'd like such as watching other racers to see what they're doing, take photos, and stuff like that. What am I doing wrong?
They should be exactly the same once you're watching. In 1P you can watch the replay right after the race whereas in Sport you have to save it first, go to your Showcase, and then watch it. Once you're in it, you should have all the same controls/options.

Just took this screengrab of a Sport mode race that was in my Showcase.

4Kma0ZQ.jpg

Edit: Wait a minute: I'm wrong. I "saved" the replay but never could find it. Where are they saved?! I had to do a save of the most recent gameplay that PS5 has and then trim it down to my race. I still can't find the "saved replay" though. Anybody have any idea where that should be?

It's in the Showcase on the main map. Go there, then My Items. It'll be in there. Enjoy!

Last edited:
So I finally decided to try short-shift strategy this week because I saw yesterday it was clearly the winning one in race C. I had to because I would be left with nothing to race this week since I'm sick and tired of Interlagos dating all the way back to GT Sport.

Beetle is my favourite but went with Porsche today, did a bit of practice on manual after long time and decided to give it a go. Even improved my fastest time slightly over Beetle, did not expect that.

Anyway, I never did this and my first race was purely experimental. But on FM1 run out of fuel near the end even with desperate FM6 last lap and a half. Was top 5, finished 11th (didn't know they let you drive 80kph, thank god for that 😅).

Second race was perfecto! Started 6th and went with FM2 whole race and it was just enough ⛽️ to finish and finish 3rd! Could've been even better if not for usual punting and shunting in opening laps. I was only 5s from win. Love it.
Done better than me. Done no fuel stop 4 times and not gain a position from them.
1st time was a complete write off as I was just going in blind.
2nd race I did better, started P4 in the AMG and was up to P2 but tyres gave up on the last lap and lost 2 places.
3rd in the BRZ I made up one place. Started P5 but moved up due to a quiter.
4th started P8 and finished P8. Maybe could have finished P6 but had a few idiots one stopping just using my car as the brake.

I need to improve on my race average lap time. Got it down to a 2.01\2.02 but 2.00 would be ideal. I wish they had a proper practice option for these daily races where we can practice fuel and tyre management.

I need to improve on my race average lap time. Got it down to a 2.01\2.02 but 2.00 would be ideal. I wish they had a proper practice option for these daily races where we can practice fuel and tyre management.
You can setup a custom race in world circuits with same options as sport mode race to work on fuel saving or develop race strategy.

Hate to break it to all you A+ers, but your stock just plummeted.

Ml3bofd.jpg

Jumped on my B account to do a race C and figured WTH, I am going to try out the A account for a couple. Won them both.

First one I got pushed off in the esses and dropped back to P9. Made up a couple of places but was then stuck behind a Merc for the next five laps until he pitted. Well, so did everyone else (including Porsches) except a Vette who pitted the next lap. I'm now leading?! WTF? Anyway, managed fuel and barely finished in front of a charging Beetle who made up like seven seconds on my in the last two laps.

f3044de5583abd5885e93739f88529e7_photo.webp

Second one I feel like a *. I was leading and holding off the chargers behind. Yadda yadda last two laps a SSRT (or whatever the accronym is) guy who started last was catching up to me bit by bit. As we went into the straight before the final chicane on the final lap we were side-by-side with me on the inside. Both braked and I bumped his rear quarter panel so slightly the game didn't register the noise on my end as contact. He slid a bit while trying to make the next right and hit me (not his fault at that point). He then spun. I finished P1 but feel like a * because I wasn't convinced we made contact or I would've waited. I tried to talk to him after the race but he left. Watched the replay on another guy's channel and I did just tap him. Dammit! At full speed it really doesn't look too bad but the slow mo is pretty damming. I am not fully convinced there was a full car's width on the inside until after the contact, but looks like enough space was left.

Sorry dude if you're out there. I honestly didn't think we touched or I would've waited for you. My bad. Oh well, **** happens.

ETA - Here is the incident. 100% accidental. 0.1" too late on the brakes and the car understeered a bit too much.

What are your thoughts?

You shouldn't feel bad about that. It's the very definition of a racing incident for me. Given where he was, and the inevitable overlap, he needed to be leaving more room rather than trying to dive to the apex as though you could (and would) magically disappear. Especially given this is the last lap and it's inevitable you'll both be trying to maintain/gain position. The smart play for him would have been to hold his width into the first part of the chicane and then use his inside position to beat you to the final turn.

No foul on your part. Chin up.

Two races at Interlagos for me tonight. I shouldn't have used the Vantage, but I used it anyway. It's way too slow to keep up but I wanted to try it anyway. Before the race, I got my qualifying time down to a 1:40.7XX.

Race 1 sees me in P11 on the grid. I knew it was going to be bumper cars and I gained a few spots to P8 when a bunch of drivers went off in T1 on lap 2. Off track penalties send me backwards as I covered away to much of some apexes to prevent some major lunges. Lap 4 I believe, I was on the receiving end of some contact going into T1 when the car I was trying to pass that was fighting with another car. They went into the racing line where I was and got sent off. That was a racing incident and that happens so I'm not too upset. Next lap, I'm the innocent victim of a punt from the two drivers behind me and it's stupid that I get taken out as collateral damage. In the end I finish P13. Yay...

Race 2, I'm up in P6 this time and the race goes so much better. I still make some mistakes, but the racing was clean outside the usual door banging that I'm fine with. I even had a battle with a GT-R that went into the Senna S curve side by side with minimal contact. I then got into a nice battle Silvia driver but they tried to send me to the pit lane on the final lap. I think I may have bumped them as I had the inside going into the final straight and they retaliated a little. I finish P7 after the race.

Post race I tried the GT-R and got my qualifying time down to a 1:40.3XX. I didn't know it was atop the leader boards at the time, but to be somewhat competitive I need to switch to it. I might buy one and put my own livery on it or stick with the default purple color.

They should be exactly the same once you're watching. In 1P you can watch the replay right after the race whereas in Sport you have to save it first, go to your Showcase, and then watch it. Once you're in it, you should have all the same controls/options.

Just took this screengrab of a Sport mode race that was in my Showcase.

4Kma0ZQ.jpg

It's in the Showcase on the main map. Go there, then My Items. It'll be in there. Enjoy!
Found it! And yes, you were three spots behind me at the beginning.

Back