GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,359 comments
Yeah, I’ll have to look later. If what these guys above seem to be saying is right, it means I’ve been in TCS 3 in every race (but then what’s the point of having the setting on the main options?)
I guess the point is having just the next thing that can be bugged and annoying to the players.

Being a rental makes no difference. Your assist settings will be set to 3 so any session you enter regardless of car will start with TCS 3.
It’s a bug. It’ll randomly put it onto tc3 regardless of assist settings. I have to check every race and maybe 1 in 3 times it’ll be at 3.
A very welcome win watched by literally millions of enthralled viewers on YouTube 💪🏼
8F23AC20-D991-4087-8D10-C9D146299370.jpeg

Last edited:
As I said, my personal opinion.
Race A is road cars with bad tires- not my thing. Also short track.
Race B is always too short for my liking, needs more laps.
Race C is Nordschleife, which I don't like to race at all. Plus it's group 4, where BoP is severely broken.
Got it.

Personally, I like that road car stuff. And 4 laps in Race B might just be enough not to overburden my attention span. Race C, I'm with you. Though I never raced on Nordschleife, it scares me... :)

A very welcome win watched by literally millions of enthralled viewers on YouTube 💪🏼
I was one of them. :) Happy Friday!

Last edited:
Lol. Tbf if it’s true it just shows I’m a dud driver; I’ve never noticed anything...
To be fair, if you use TCS anyway I don't think the difference between 1 and 3 is going to be massive, at least not as big as 0 and 1 - so I can see why you'd not notice.

It's also not every time, like others said, but certainly I notice it more if I just stay on the matchmaking screen instead of entering qualifying.

Today was my second day in a row I jumped into Daily Race Sport Mode after yesterdays surprisingly pleasant Experience.
Well, what should I say but it continued there where it ended the evening before.
Sort of 2.0
I started my Session once again in the brute Lamborghini Huracan.
As always in Cockpit View with no HUD and ABS set to Weak.
Matchmaking put me once again in a Lobby with our Friend and by the way very decent Driver Mr. @NAXEHT .
We had a very good race and the Racing Experience in General was once again very satisfying.
We then once again decided to give the more Technical Driving Style orientated Cars a go and chose to continue with the MR Engine Layouts.
I chose my all time favorite the beautiful Ferrari 458 and @NAXEHT opted for the Raging Bull I rode in the race before.
And of course it was once again a phenomenal Race, hard driven and always on the Edge throughout the entire Race.
For our next Session we both jumped into the absolutely underrated but definitely extremely well balanced and due to its Turbo Engine insanely quick Audi R8 LMS.
Now that was a race I was looking for and we both delivered.
It was hot, sweaty and intense. No one was willing to give up an inch and we fought it out in such a hard yet respectful manner that after we crossed the finish line I felt exhausted.
The Level of Dancing on the Throttle, Trailbraking on the very Edge of the absolute Grip Limits while being completely Focused once again proved to be one of the best Experiences this Game has on offer when being matched with appropriate Drivers.
Cheers and thank you for having the pleasure to share the Track with you Mr. @NAXEHT , that was some seriously good Racing and fun.
That’s what Sport Mode should always be like.
For my Final Race of the Day I decided to play it safe and hopped behind the Wheel of my good ol‘ and trustworthy Jaguar GT3. Unfortunately without @NAXEHT as he had stuff to take care off.
Once again started on Pole, and had a fellow fast Croatian Dude following me throughout the whole Race which was ridden down like a Clockwork to finally cross the Finish Line in 1st Place with the Fastest Lap of the Race and of course a fine and well earned CRB too.
What can I ask for more to finish my GT Day.
It was a pure joy once again.
Lots of close Side by Side action and multiple overtakes, no deliberate Contacts and in general very decent Driving.
No Shenanigans whilst on Track nor in the After Race Chat.
No whining or accusing.
These no DR Races are a blessing.
People finally seem to understand that there is more to gain than some meaningless DR Points…Respect.
That’s Sport.
To be continued… 😁
Yeah, man. Fun times. "Unfortunately" on holiday now so had to abandon the rest of the week. Would've definitely continued had I still been home, great to race with you. :cheers:

I just looked at race B for next week, wth is PD thinking. That combo has been on in GT Sport for nearly 2 months now. Except with actual tire wear, 10 laps, RM+RS required and 20 player grids. What's PD's obsession with Sardegna A :lol:

Anyway, no contest, race C all the way next week :)

I just looked at race B for next week, wth is PD thinking. That combo has been on in GT Sport for nearly 2 months now. Except with actual tire wear, 10 laps, RM+RS required and 20 player grids. What's PD's obsession with Sardegna A :lol:

Anyway, no contest, race C all the way next week :)
I’m really looking forward to race b next week. Could definitely do with 20 cars. It’s crazy the previous game has more cars then the next gen one.

I don’t normally put serious effort into daily races, but I’ve been stuck at home with Covid this past week. So once I recovered enough strength, I used some of my free time to hammer Race C since I love driving the CLK-LM.

Got a qualifying time of 1:17.904, which so far has been enough to start me in the top 5. It’s been quite competitive at the front though whenever I raced, which has made it quite challenging to land a podium. Either I get beaten by faster drivers or an incident/penalty caused me to lose positions. But I finally got a P2 last night and hopefully I’ll continue finishing high up.

CCBF0D5A-34EA-41E9-9959-2598994DD2FE.png

I'm fascinated by how much enthusiasm the ring sparks for next week. I think this combination will work well on the Ring.. Gr3 might be a bit too heavy... of course if I could wish for something else:

-better BoP balance
-more / more interesting tire management
-random weather (50% of the race wet or damp)
-more rounds.. like 4 to 6 would be right... wow

Not sure random weather would work. With a such a long lap you could be stuck out on the wrong tyre for too long. At first it could be exciting but after a couple of times it could get old.

Not sure random weather would work. With a such a long lap you could be stuck out on the wrong tyre for too long. At first it could be exciting but after a couple of times it could get old.

Of course you're right, there should be more laps on the ring, so that everyone could see in time if, for example. in round 2 or 3 or 4 it starts to rain... if you "gamble" then you've just had bad luck.

Race B is once again quite an experience this week.

After finally getting a win under my belt the other day, I tried my luck again today. Being on pole unexpectedly, I look at the grid: an Alfa in P3, oh boy...
Of course, lap1, in the hairpin before the COD, he divebombs, misses P2 by a millimeter, and punts me into the barrier. I get back on track in P8, try to start the hunt and have a hard, but fair battle with a Lambo for two laps. Until the same Alfa appears in front of us, falling back from P2, ghosted, obviously slowed down by an incident, and materializes right behind me - yeah, of course, where else...
He punts me two more times, and the only other "contact" I have with another car is with the other Alfa in the race. None of them got any penalty, as usual. And they all are SR S, of course. I finish P12 in a race I started from pole. What the...

PD, please take the Alfa out of Gr4. Or at least get some appropriate penalties back!
(Yeah, will not happen)

Sorry for being a crybaby, but this is just frustrating as hell.

Simple solution, slow the weather radar down. Clouds moving 150 km in 4 minutes is nonsense. You should be able to see the weather for an 18 minute race lol. The pre race lobby should also have weather radar that plays the predicted progression of the weather for the duration of the race. I can pull up weather radar for all of Canada with 6 hours ahead prediction...

Even leaving it as it is, it would be the opposite of getting old! Best would be the track reflecting real world conditions, although it would be dark most of the time I can race. Night races are just as good there anyway :) I see there is only 4% chance of rain next week in Nürburg, so would still be dry :/

After finally getting a win under my belt the other day, I tried my luck again today. Being on pole unexpectedly, I look at the grid: an Alfa in P3, oh boy...
Of course, lap1, in the hairpin before the COD, he divebombs, misses P2 by a millimeter, and punts me into the barrier. I get back on track in P8, try to start the hunt and have a hard, but fair battle with a Lambo for two laps. Until the same Alfa appears in front of us, falling back from P2, ghosted, obviously slowed down by an incident, and materializes right behind me - yeah, of course, where else...
He punts me two more times, and the only other "contact" I have with another car is with the other Alfa in the race. None of them got any penalty, as usual. And they all are SR S, of course. I finish P12 in a race I started from pole. What the...

PD, please take the Alfa out of Gr4. Or at least get some appropriate penalties back!
(Yeah, will not happen)

I can understand you very well, yes, it's often the said Alfa drivers.

But don't let that get you down.. and if possible never retaliate against such actions so that you can keep your SR up. I've also tended to retaliate in the past.. and the bottom line is that my DR has been pushed down to 5k multiple times for losing too much SR.

You can say that again...

(Yeah, will not happen)

The Alfa and the GTR (and maybe other cars, don’t know what it is you’re driving) have such different characteristics I can actually understand some of this. Not the out-and-out stupidity of course, and there’s plenty of that behind the wheel (or controller) of many cars in my race Bs, but the Alfas turn so well it can sometimes feel, to an Alfa driver, that the GTR ahead is being deliberately slow or blocking. I can get why a person predisposed to idiocy or violence might get impatient and punt people. Hate it, but understand it.

Just out of interest, have you driven the Alfa in this race?

Edit: do the Alfa drivers have a bad rep? Is that a new thing? Plenty of Alfas driving well in my races, and lots of bad behaviour too, but I haven’t noticed an imbalance between Alfas and GTRs when it comes to driver manners. And that’s despite what I say above. Just interested at what’s being implied here: are Alfa drivers proven to be more psychopathic, or what?...

Last edited:

The Alfa and the GTR (and maybe other cars, don’t know what it is you’re driving) have such different characteristics I can actually understand some of this. Not the out-and-out stupidity of course, and there’s plenty of that behind the wheel (or controller) of many cars in my race Bs, but the Alfas turn so well it can sometimes feel, to an Alfa driver, that the GTR ahead is being deliberately slow or blocking. I can get why a person predisposed to idiocy or violence might get impatient and punt people. Hate it, but understand it.

Edit: do the Alfa drivers have a bad rep? Is that a new thing? Plenty of Alfas driving well in my races, and lots of bad behaviour too, but I haven’t noticed an imbalance between Alfas and GTRs when it comes to driver manners. And that’s despite what I say above. Just interested at what’s being implied here: are Alfa drivers proven to be more psychopathic, or what?...
I haven't seen too much bad driving in Race B this week, irrespective of what car people are using. I've been using the Alfa myself, as it's faster than anything else Gr4 for me - I hope other drivers don't see me as a psychopath because of that!

Seen a few cars slowing down and ghosting today, through the the tunnel after the COD - they have all got through the COD okay, so they're not recovering from an issue there. It's almost like they're in a penalty zone, very strange.

Has anybody else witnessed this?

I look at the grid: an Alfa
Lol, that’s what I do. Look where the Alfa drivers are and if there’s one behind me there’s a 100% chance of being rammed.
are Alfa drivers proven to be more psychopathic, or what?.
Definitely, studies have shown they’re insane. Seriously though, since Kyoto a while back the removal of push to pass penalties has opened the door for a certain type of handling car that can quickly change direction and push past a car on the inside. It’s got progressively worse culminating at interlagos last week. Fortunately the Alfa is pretty weak at seaside and the racing I’ve had has been very clean so far. but I echo Leon’s sentiment. Remove it from gr4 or being back penalties.

Last edited:
Seen a few cars slowing down and ghosting today, through the the tunnel after the COD - they have all got through the COD okay, so they're not recovering from an issue there. It's almost like they're in a penalty zone, very strange.

Isn't that where the penalty zone is?

Lol, that’s what I do. Look where the Alfa drivers are and if there’s one behind me there’s a 100% chance of being rammed.
The start is a strength for the Alfa. If I’m in an Alfa and there’s a GTR ahead of me at the start I’m always tight on its tail by the right-hand kink. Could punt if I were so inclined, but don’t of course. I guess many do.
Definitely, studies have shown they’re insane. Seriously though, since Kyoto a while back the removal of push to pass penalties has opened the door for a certain type of handling car that can quickly change direction and push past a car on the inside. It’s got progressively worse culminating at interlagos last week. Fortunately the Alfa is pretty weak at seaside and the racing I’ve had has been very clean so far. but I echo Leon’s sentiment. Remove it from gr4 or being back penalties.
Ah, ok I understand, so the idea is it’s got a certain type of handling that allows someone with bad intentions to be bad more often/do more damage. Kind of like giving a psycho a machine gun instead of a pistol.

Last edited:
I haven't seen too much bad driving in Race B this week, irrespective of what car people are using. I've been using the Alfa myself, as it's faster than anything else Gr4 for me - I hope other drivers don't see me as a psychopath because of that!

I agree with everything here except first clause in first sentence. I’ve seen plenty of nasty driving, but not noticed it particularly being an Alfa thing.

Silly question maybe, but they’re not actually in the penalty zone, are they? That’s where it is.

One race yesterday I had a seven sec penalty and people were driving through me so I was definitely ghosting in the tunnel. Don’t know why seven secs, by the way, think it was yellow flags, but hard to tell as that race felt like the beach assault in Private Ryan from start to finish...

Last edited:
I can understand you very well, yes, it's often the said Alfa drivers.

But don't let that get you down.. and if possible never retaliate against such actions so that you can keep your SR up. I've also tended to retaliate in the past.. and the bottom line is that my DR has been pushed down to 5k multiple times for losing too much SR.

Well, I wanted to give it another go an hour later, and when the starting grid appears, guess what: the same !d!ot is still there, this time in P3 right behind me. I just quit, because I indeed would have gone into complete terminator mode against him if I took part in that race. No, I'm too old for that nonsense.

No, I have not driven the Alfa in this race. Only in quali laps. Was quick, but didn't like it. And I didn't want to fall into the same trap as obviously many other Alfa drivers.

And honestly, I have indeed noticed this imbalance, maybe because I did way more GR4 daily races than the other ones. It started at Yamagiwa (there, I said it again🤣), when people found out what can be done with this car without being penalized after a certain update, it continued at Trial mountain, and now has found its way to sunny Dragonland.

I think I said that before, but it annoys me even more because I drive an Alfa in real life (for almost 25 years now, btw) 😇

Not sure on next weeks daily.

Race A - dont physical know how anyone can drive a Porsche 911 GT3 without assists. The car just seems to want to switch ends every corner.

Race B - sounds good but again done this track how many times? Plus it’s a short race. if it was 7/8 laps with high tyre wear then it would be decent

Race C - did a test run today in a YTers live stream and it was boring. Even the host quit the race after half a lap. Should have been GT3 car this race

Did some more Race A today and again had some great clean fair racing. To say it has no DR/SR I was expecting it to be a bash fest but it’s been totally the opposite.

Ah, ok I understand, so the idea is it’s got a certain type of handling that allows someone with bad intentions to be bad more often/do more damage. Kind of like giving a psycho a machine gun instead of a pistol.

Exactly.

I've been using the Alfa myself, as it's faster than anything else Gr4 for me - I hope other drivers don't see me as a psychopath because of that!

Well, sorry, yes, I do. 🤣🤣😉

Did some more Race A today and again had some great clean fair racing. To say it has no DR/SR I was expecting it to be a bash fest but it’s been totally the opposite.

For me it was a mixed bag. Some surprisingly clean races, and some... let me put it this way: the Beetle is the Alfa of Race A...

Sucker for punishment! I had a 156 back in the day, loved that car - when it worked.

I had two 156s, each one for six years, and, honestly, I never had reliability issues. The first one looked exactly like the earliest promo photo I had seen back in 1997, it was a beauty.

But I know where the reputation comes from, and deservedly so. We had an Alfa dealer in our little village (still have), and everyone had stories to tell...

My face when Nordschleife is a Daily Race next week...

josh-allen-buffalo-bills.gif

I will gladly take a DR/SR hit do turn some laps there. I don't care if the racing is terrible, I love me some Nordschleife. The Manufacturers race there was a fun with the second half of the race being in the darkness of night. Maybe they can do that next week.

Latest Posts

Back