GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,320 comments
Maybe my kid playing online on my ps5 using my ps+ somehow messes up my connection to PSN while racing on ps4 pro. Or it's GT7 that keeps losing connection to PSN as nothing else seems to complain or notice PSN is unreachable.

It never follows through on the suspension threat either, yet I wonder if the shaky PSN connection is causing all the other errors.
CE-210381
CE-9003F6
CE-9003F7
I can't find any info on those error codes, Sony support is pretty much useless :/
Do you close the game down after you finished playing or do you put the console in rest mode with the game still connected?
I leave both my consoles in rest mode with the game still connected. I was playing on my PS4, and had to boot up my PS5 to check something and in doing this it my GT7 game in offline mode, as the PS5 version starting to login to GT7 servers.

As for the error codes I know what you mean when you try searching for them. Half of the codes you can never find any info on them

Maybe my kid playing online on my ps5 using my ps+ somehow messes up my connection to PSN while racing on ps4 pro. Or it's GT7 that keeps losing connection to PSN as nothing else seems to complain or notice PSN is unreachable.

It never follows through on the suspension threat either, yet I wonder if the shaky PSN connection is causing all the other errors.
CE-210381
CE-9003F6
CE-9003F7
I can't find any info on those error codes, Sony support is pretty much useless :/
Shot in the dark here. Is your router sharing the power outlet?

I sorted out a lot of connection issues by isolating the power outlet for the router. Learned later that shared outputs cause power spikes that do interfere with Powerline and Wireless signals. So for me it wasn't a loss of signal but a feedback loop of too much at a time.

Last edited:
After a long hiatus on the daily races (only done one single race in GT7!) I'm going to have a run or two tonight, probably in Race B. What's the car/s of choice here??

After a long hiatus on the daily races (only done one single race in GT7!) I'm going to have a run or two tonight, probably in Race B. What's the car/s of choice here??

Pretty much 50/50 GTR and Alfa, with a smattering of Wrx.

Alfa’s been by far most successful in my B lobbies. I started with Alfa, switched to GTR for a bit out of curiosity as it seemed to be the other pop car, but now back to Alfa. All my 5 wins in this race in the Alfa. It turns better, you can squeeze into a turn under braking. The GTR seems more planted, but feels heavier in the turns. Personal driving style will determine what’s best I guess.

If you haven’t raced since Sport, prepare for the worst; I thought behaviour in Sport was bad at the time, but it’s a lot worse now imo. Though if you’re A+ or whatever you might avoid it all; not sure because NikNak was definitely having a hard time with it at T Mtn and I think he’s a much higher ranked driver than me...

Last edited:
Pretty much 50/50 GTR and Alfa, with a smattering of Wrx.

Alfa’s been by far most successful in my B lobbies. I started with Alfa, switched to GTR for a bit out of curiosity as it seemed to be the other pop car, but now back to Alfa. All my 5 wins in this race in the Alfa. It turns better, you can squeeze into a turn under braking. The GTR seems more planted, but feels heavier in the turns. Personal driving style will determine what’s best I guess.
Seen any Vipers around? That was my favourite Gr.4 car in the good old days.

No. It’s really all GTRs and Alfas. I’ve seen a few Wrx, sometimes near the front, and maybe the odd SLS, but that’s about it. This morning, most races began and ended with Alfas in the top 3 places. Deffo some strong GTr drivers in the mix too.

Edit: just remembered, a guy in a g70 (I think) was doing quite well in a few races too, don’t know if that’s of interest...

Last edited:
Haven't touched dailies since last week. Been working on a livery and it's taking me awhile to get used to this editor. It's effective but very inefficient.

Did catch Z28's stream the other night. He's had a mustache the last few weeks and this week he started adding some police siren sounds and other stuff to his stream. It's pretty dang funny.

Last edited:
Do you close the game down after you finished playing or do you put the console in rest mode with the game still connected?
I leave both my consoles in rest mode with the game still connected. I was playing on my PS4, and had to boot up my PS5 to check something and in doing this it my GT7 game in offline mode, as the PS5 version starting to login to GT7 servers.

As for the error codes I know what you mean when you try searching for them. Half of the codes you can never find any info on them
I always turn it off and haven't switched to GT7 on ps5 in a while. I tried restarting the game, restarting the console, setting up the wifi connection again. Switching between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, nothing helped.

I'll try it wired again next time (means playing in a different spot on a different tv where I have lan access). I have been getting those errors while using the wired connection as well, but usually only on ps5, not on ps4 pro like I had 7 of them yesterday. And definitely never that often.

Maybe some things still aren't right after the internet disruption last Friday. At first I got 100% packet loss on the Series X the day after the internet was back. It had 190 mbps download speed, but 100% failure rate lol. It was back to 0% again yesterday so I'm assuming it would be fine for Playstation as well (no packet loss test there)

I also have double NAT, or two routers stuff goes through as I use the extra wired ports of my ISPs router. (Setting it in bridge mode disables the extra ports, so then I would have to plug things in and out or hook up another Switch). Another thing to try I guess, try it wired directly from the ISP router, compare with wired through the secondary router.
Shot in the dark here. Is your router sharing the power outlet?

I sorted out a lot of connection issues by isolating the power outlet for the router. Learned later that shared outputs cause power spikes that do interfere with Powerline and Wireless signals. So for me it wasn't a loss of signal but a feedback loop of too much at a time.
No, but I have two routers, my ISP one and NetGear Orbi. The wifi is disabled on the ISP router yet it's still operating as a router for the other Ethernet ports.

It would be very helpful to know what those error codes mean. Debugging networks is a pita. And maybe it just gets 'confused' since both the ps5 and ps4 are using my ps+ at the same time, although on different psn accounts.

The effect of half the races not starting / crashing
1657813579230.png

The last 14 dots are from yesterday, only 7 completed races.
At least I'm out of DR A and getting some actual racing when it works :)

My last race today.. and my toughest. ( on my 2. Account but the same Lobby Drivers like on my Main )

In one of my races, the driver was on P1 (A+) with the Viper. He had good pace, but couldn't keep up with us GT-R drivers in the long run.

Btw. It can also be really entertaining from time to time when you're chasing a good qualification. 😉

Last edited:
I always turn it off and haven't switched to GT7 on ps5 in a while. I tried restarting the game, restarting the console, setting up the wifi connection again. Switching between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, nothing helped.

I'll try it wired again next time (means playing in a different spot on a different tv where I have lan access). I have been getting those errors while using the wired connection as well, but usually only on ps5, not on ps4 pro like I had 7 of them yesterday. And definitely never that often.

Maybe some things still aren't right after the internet disruption last Friday. At first I got 100% packet loss on the Series X the day after the internet was back. It had 190 mbps download speed, but 100% failure rate lol. It was back to 0% again yesterday so I'm assuming it would be fine for Playstation as well (no packet loss test there)

I also have double NAT, or two routers stuff goes through as I use the extra wired ports of my ISPs router. (Setting it in bridge mode disables the extra ports, so then I would have to plug things in and out or hook up another Switch). Another thing to try I guess, try it wired directly from the ISP router, compare with wired through the secondary router.

No, but I have two routers, my ISP one and NetGear Orbi. The wifi is disabled on the ISP router yet it's still operating as a router for the other Ethernet ports.

It would be very helpful to know what those error codes mean. Debugging networks is a pita. And maybe it just gets 'confused' since both the ps5 and ps4 are using my ps+ at the same time, although on different psn accounts.

The effect of half the races not starting / crashing
View attachment 1172506
The last 14 dots are from yesterday, only 7 completed races.
At least I'm out of DR A and getting some actual racing when it works :)
Dumb question. Goota ask. Are you on Rogers? Or maybe something to do with their problems. Time frame sort of fits.

Dumb question. Goota ask. Are you on Rogers? Or maybe something to do with their problems. Time frame sort of fits.
Yes unfortunately. It might very well be the aftermath of whatever Rogers is doing. I got 100% packet loss on the Series X before (after internet came back on) which is now back to 0% without any changes on my end.

I did get those license verification warnings already before the crash but Rogers has always been unreliable at best. Problem is Bell (the only alternative here) only overs 10mbps over the phone line where I live :/

I see it's still not back to normal

1657828434068.png

I'm paying for 150 mbps, no clue why I get nearly 600 now (over wifi no less)
But my ping used to be 16ms or lower, now 50 with very high download latency.

I hate that feeling when you get sorted for a race and the first thing someone says is that someone is dirty, you look at the list to see who it is, and they’re lined up right behind you!!!

No. It’s really all GTRs and Alfas. I’ve seen a few Wrx, sometimes near the front, and maybe the odd SLS, but that’s about it. This morning, most races began and ended with Alfas in the top 3 places. Deffo some strong GTr drivers in the mix too.

Edit: just remembered, a guy in a g70 (I think) was doing quite well in a few races too, don’t know if that’s of interest...
The GT-R is becoming the meta. It’s got the power to run away if you have pole. The G70!is awfully powerful though, if you can get it to cooperate. Some folks are running the Lamborghini as a fun alternate.

I’ve been running a Mustang and having good luck, and today got my best time in a Jaguar. I also had fun with the Ferrari because you just run it to the red line and go go go! But I just can’t get the pace with it.

OK, I didn't think my little clip would cause quite the discussion, but I'm all for it.

First things first..
One piece of advice from me... setting the countersteering assistant to weak would in no way have a negative effect on YOUR lap times here, but would probably have prevented the rotation. In fact, I'm sure you could use it on strong without sacrificing pace.. maybe it would even improve your pace.

By the way... if you feel the car going out of control, take your "foot" off the accelerator about 50% of the way. DO NOT stay on it, but don't let off the gas pedal completely either, this stabilizes the car better and usually helps you regain control a little faster.
I had it on weak already so that won't be a problem going forward. However, I have been taking my foot off the throttle completely to get control of the car. I'll do that from now on. Advice much appreciated.
Be interesting to see it from the car behind's perspective as it doesn't look like there's a line there to me. Yes it's unfortunate that he got through there carrying so much speed but the track ahead wasn't clear, but that's life, neither car ahead had a responsibility to move out of the way especially as you both seemed to be recovering from your own small incidents that slowed you down.

Maybe from their perspective I would have sent it as well but from your replay it looks like a silly move.
Maybe Stilva still has the video from the race and can best show this situation from the point of view of the GT-R and the WRX with speeds.... if I look very closely I could even say that Stilva also went slightly to the right, the gap got smaller and smaller. Anyway, in the end... to me the rear GT-R didn't behave maliciously and it was at most an unfortunate accident.
Ask and you shall receive.

From this angle, I did drift to the right to get more space between the wall and my car. I think the other GT-R and I would have collided no matter what the WRX did. It would have been a glancing blow from what I can tell and we both would be on our way. The WRX should have stayed where it was and let us pass then jump back in the racing line. That's what I would do in that situation. In the end all 3 of us got to the same spot at the same time and something had to give. It just so happened to be me this time around.

Anyone else experience lag these past hours? Had to stop racing online as it was getting stupid.

People crashing into each other as cars jump from one part of the track to another. Everyone had green or orange bars so seemed like a server issue.

OK, I didn't think my little clip would cause quite the discussion, but I'm all for it.

First things first..

I had it on weak already so that won't be a problem going forward. However, I have been taking my foot off the throttle completely to get control of the car. I'll do that from now on. Advice much appreciated.

Ask and you shall receive.

From this angle, I did drift to the right to get more space between the wall and my car. I think the other GT-R and I would have collided no matter what the WRX did. It would have been a glancing blow from what I can tell and we both would be on our way. The WRX should have stayed where it was and let us pass then jump back in the racing line. That's what I would do in that situation. In the end all 3 of us got to the same spot at the same time and something had to give. It just so happened to be me this time around.

After all the discussion earlier I wasn’t sure what to expect from the video. After watching it, my gut tells me that the trailing driver should have let off the accelerator for just a split second and gone to the right. That’s what my initial reaction was, and upon watching it a second time I’m pretty sure that’s what I would have done. There seems to have been time to process it if the driver was watching other vehicles and not simply locked onto your rear end. . .

Last edited:
Yes unfortunately. It might very well be the aftermath of whatever Rogers is doing. I got 100% packet loss on the Series X before (after internet came back on) which is now back to 0% without any changes on my end.

I did get those license verification warnings already before the crash but Rogers has always been unreliable at best. Problem is Bell (the only alternative here) only overs 10mbps over the phone line where I live :/

I see it's still not back to normal

View attachment 1172579

I'm paying for 150 mbps, no clue why I get nearly 600 now (over wifi no less)
But my ping used to be 16ms or lower, now 50 with very high download latency.
This is as good as it gets around here..

Attachments

• OOKLA.png
    OOKLA.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 11
I feel Guilty.
Although I said yesterday I wouldn’t do anymore Daily A, I found myself today doing heaps of races.
Damn, I was just too lazy to put up my Custom Stuff so I decided to do 1 or 2 Races.
Aha, yeah 1 or 2 right. 😂
Turned out to be at least 20 I think.
It was great fun.
Ended up with some very quick Drivers and featured in at least 3 different British Streamer Races.
From Kie to SuperGT and DeadEyeDelboy.
Those Guys are so quick, crazy.
Especially SuperGT was killing it pulling off 1.45s throughout the whole Race.
Insane.
Overall I must admit I had loads of fun once again.
Everyone was driving super clean and respectful.
Just before I was about to finish my Race Session for today, I was thrown into a Room with @GOTMAXPOWER
I was so tired I couldn’t keep up with him, but it was great to finish my final Race of the day with some fellow gtplaneteer.
Cheers @GOTMAXPOWER

Last edited:
3 races for me tonight. I'm back in the all B rank rooms again so that's a good start. Some absolute alien has a 1:44.944 qualifying time and holy crap were they fast all 3 races.

Race 1 I start in P3 and finish P3. Nothing happens this race. P1 and P2 take off like rockets and I had at least a second on P4 all race. Clean race bonus as well.

Race 2 and I'm in P8 this time. I gain 2 places from others crashing and move to P6. P3-5 are having a nice group battle with me just out of slipstream reach in P6. We all have some difficulty with the CoD on the last lap, and P7 catches up to me in the final hairpin. We both successfully navigate the turn side by side and I just have enough of an edge to retain P6. Another clean race bonus.

Race 3 sees me in a mixed room with a few A+/A drivers with @sturk0167 in the room with me. I would have said hello but I didn't notice until after the race. Anyway, I'm down in P13 to start. I have a nice battle with a Silvia which I was hoping to continue. But the GT-R I was following was on the brakes earlier than I expected and I try to move to the outside of the snorkel turn and I run straight into the tire barrier where the 50M board is. I had no where to go and thought I could make it. Oh well, nothing I can do about that. P16 decides to push me out of the way in the final hairpin at one point even though I gave plenty of room. They crashed and I took back my P15 gosh dang it! And I got my 4th consecutive clean race bonus for some reason. Still having fun this week and a poor decision by me isn't going to ruin my enjoyment racing tonight.

So I have been thinking about building a sim rig for GT7 for the sport racing. I was looking at going the VR route but GT7 is not compatible (yet?) with VR. Has anyone heard anything about upcoming compatibility?

So I have been thinking about building a sim rig for GT7 for the sport racing. I was looking at going the VR route but GT7 is not compatible (yet?) with VR. Has anyone heard anything about upcoming compatibility?
Not a thing yet.

This is as good as it gets around here..
Damn, apart from the high ping, I get a better connection to your closest server :/

1657854754529.png

I only had time for one race today, chose to stick with wifi (didn't bother moving the ps4 for one race) and it worked fine today. No error, no license verification failed messages. The game still managed to screw up the warm-up (wasn't counting down until someone finally left or got kicked) and the post race results (timer kept going despite everyone had already finished, waiting for an unlisted player to finish) so we got back to the lobby 2 minutes before the next race would start.

The race itself was good without any noticeable lag. I'm DR.B SR.A atm, managed to get to 5th despite getting harassed by a GT-R. Nothing wrong with not driving the meta, but if your tactic is to drive dirty to compensate for lack of top speed... Always a GT-R driver lol. Anyway despite matchmaking throwing SR.B in the mix, the race was mostly clean and respectful otherwise. Better than SR.S in that time slot which turned into all out fighting on the straights :lol:

I enjoyed Seaside a lot in GTS (if we ever get a proper Gr 2 category again, watch out this track is nuts in those) but this is the first time they've nailed it in GT7 for me. It has such a great flow in the Gr 4's, there's not a boring part of the track, you always feel like you're moving at a good clip. It's definitely got that moreish 'one more race' feeling for me.

Well after having had quite some fun in Race A with different cars and mostly clean racing, yesterday I was reminded how it can be when you are thrown into a lobby with the "wrong" drivers. Decent Q time for my standards (1:48:0) with the Mitsubishi for a change, P3 in a race exclusively consisting of B/S drivers. Good first lap, manage to get P2, I make some mistakes because the Mitsubishi is a bit twitchy, and now P3 is close behind me but does't dive. Some more mistakes, he loses patience and dives into a corner to push me aside. I'm not too mad about it, I held him up, and my race is not ruined - yet. Because of the manoeuver happening in the final chicane, I'm slow out of there and on the straight, looking back and see three wide coming closer. And I know what is coming, inevitably. I brake as late as possible, but -boom- off I go as I get rear-ended by the Mustang who was in the middle of the three wide. Checking the replay, he did brake first, then got off the brake and aimed straight for my boot. Absolutely deliberate, and well executed. And no penalty (WTF?). Everyone involved and the pack behind me gets through, I finish P11. Meh.

So much about clean fun in Race A. Too bad I'm not technically equipped to share a replay.

Well after having had quite some fun in Race A with different cars and mostly clean racing, yesterday I was reminded how it can be when you are thrown into a lobby with the "wrong" drivers. Decent Q time for my standards (1:48:0) with the Mitsubishi for a change, P3 in a race exclusively consisting of B/S drivers. Good first lap, manage to get P2, I make some mistakes because the Mitsubishi is a bit twitchy, and now P3 is close behind me but does't dive. Some more mistakes, he loses patience and dives into a corner to push me aside. I'm not too mad about it, I held him up, and my race is not ruined - yet. Because of the manoeuver happening in the final chicane, I'm slow out of there and on the straight, looking back and see three wide coming closer. And I know what is coming, inevitably. I brake as late as possible, but -boom- off I go as I get rear-ended by the Mustang who was in the middle of the three wide. Checking the replay, he did brake first, then got off the brake and aimed straight for my boot. Absolutely deliberate, and well executed. And no penalty (WTF?). Everyone involved and the pack behind me gets through, I finish P11. Meh.

So much about clean fun in Race A. Too bad I'm not technically equipped to share a replay.
You "only" need a Google account to share a video, link it to your PS4 and that's it... the rest is basically self-explanatory, but I'm happy to help you if you have any further questions.

Back