GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,365 comments
zjn
quite curious to see @Tidgney weekly guide for race C. I'm wondering if there will be some sort of break in the middle to go to the bathroom or get new popcorns like in the movie theater

just kidding
😜

thanks in advance for your activity!
No need for a break. @Tidgney doesn't like the Nord too much (for racing) and doesn't do a guide there when we race there. The race will be interesting to see what weather he gets.

Well the guide is here for you lovely people, well I say guide as some of you have already said I don't do guides for the Nurburgring as I'm pretty rubbish at the place (I do have markers) and I'm not fond of it as a race track, plus the video would be 1 hour long haha! Still some tips to be had for C, and lap guides for B + A with all the racing in the middle!

zjn
quite curious to see @Tidgney weekly guide for race C. I'm wondering if there will be some sort of break in the middle to go to the bathroom or get new popcorns like in the movie theater

just kidding
😜

thanks in advance for your activity!

No need for a break. @Tidgney doesn't like the Nord too much (for racing) and doesn't do a guide there when we race there. The race will be interesting to see what weather he gets.
Haha, I think if I did do the lap guide I'd definitely advise popcorn before hand and a Coffee/Tea/Caffiene like beverage. But yes, Nurburgring Nords I don't do guides for. The other thing to add with regards to Race C is that the grip level changes massively depending on the weather, the 3 practice laps I did this morning I had; 1 wet, 1 dry but no grip, 1 super sunny and lots of grip. While I would still have markers it's so varying it would be tough to do a good one.

So I did Daily Race A for today and not gonna lie @Redneckchef I was waiting for you to show up because you were having nice quali times on the leaderboard but sadly it wasn't the case.

As for the 3-4 sessions I'm in, they were alright like I spent most of those races trying to figure out where I was screwing up for my quali times. As for my current quali time I'm in the very low 1:29 to the point where a 1:28 is possible if I can get a good run going.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230522164904.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20230522163013.png

Since I have the day off, I did a handful of good races at good wood this morning. I love this track for mid/low power road cars, and I love this car. still having a bit of an issue getting my best time for qualifying, but my 28,9 is ok for now. had a couple races with some really solid clean and hard racing for position. THIS is what I love, a hard clean race for any position, is the best thing in racing imo.

q lap is shared, hopefully it can help someone.

I hope to be doing this race a lot today/this week. I hope to see some of you on the track :gtpflag:

I can't understand why we keep having dinamic weather for qualification. Makes sense for cup races, where all players share the same track during quali, but not for daily races.
Well it's not just qualification. It's also practice. The settings for these sessions are the same as the races without fuel and tyre wear of course. So if the weather setting is random in the race it will be random in the time trial too.

Pfft, I've done a race for the GTP video, and I'd rather be stuck in a barrel of dicks and forced to eat my way out than drive the N24 track with other humans.

Love to learn or read such good analogies in English, it extend my vocabulary by much each time. Lovely way to put it. Since such a barrel and the Ring with Humans is kind of similar options to choose from we would say « A choisir entre la peste et le choléra… »
« To choose either Pleague and Cholera… »

So I did Daily Race A for today and not gonna lie @Redneckchef I was waiting for you to show up because you were having nice quali times on the leaderboard but sadly it wasn't the case.

As for the 3-4 sessions I'm in, they were alright like I spent most of those races trying to figure out where I was screwing up for my quali times. As for my current quali time I'm in the very low 1:29 to the point where a 1:28 is possible if I can get a good run going.

View attachment 1258524
View attachment 1258525

I'm coming out to play soon. Mondays I'm usually too fried to even get on the game but the Goodwood combo was calling so I at least got in a few qualifying laps. Maybe I'll see you out there during the rest of the week.

I can't trust myself during Nurburgring race. It would be fine if I were the only victim, but I'm not sure I can race safely for those surrounding me. My DualSense triggers don't behave the same on quali and race: during races there are some spots where they lose all force for a second and I'm close to lose control.

So a couple of decent things happened to me after work today.

1 - I set a relatively decent qualy lap at Deep Forest and wasn't long before I was consistently lapping within 0.1s of my best time of 1:33:4.

Aside from 1 alien dominating my friendly leaderboard (ahem @Nebuc72) I seem to be on track for a decent week as I progress throughout the days...

2 - Decided to try one race at Deep Forest and started P8.

3 - Ended up getting a podium, which I didn't expect but even better - after the race I look up the screen and realize that my DR magically turned from B to A!! Finally it's back after the weeks of slaughter that brought me down 🎉

The race was pretty much straight forward, though one driver who started in front of me was clearly slower for race pace. After a few close calls of me having to avoid him, I took advantage of his slow entry into T1 on lap 2 and though I gave him a slight nudge as I passed on the inside, everything else was fine.

Here's the race:

Attachments

• 18844fcc34044-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18844fcc34044-screenshotUrl.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 188446f4a2425-screenshotUrl.jpg
    188446f4a2425-screenshotUrl.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 188446f7ab038-screenshotUrl.jpg
    188446f7ab038-screenshotUrl.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Noticing a lot of suspiciously fast E/B and D/S accounts in daily C today…

Then again, I’m also on my Alt because I just don’t have the headroom on my main to lose anymore DR 😂

But to be fair, PD *ocked up the multipliers and laps. Yeah, yeah yeah… I get that a wet race would run long. But still. 2 laps just isn’t enough. They could have ran high multipliers, one more lap, and dynamic weather.

I had a fun time at race C last night, it was the first race of the week and I had a qual time in the high 8.5 minutes and wound up on pole!
Took it and ran but by the 2nd lap I find myself in P2 and then the stuff hit the rotary ventilating device and finished race in p11 of a field of 12 (one DNF)
Had fun and will do again...

I can't trust myself during Nurburgring race. It would be fine if I were the only victim, but I'm not sure I can race safely for those surrounding me. My DualSense triggers don't behave the same on quali and race: during races there are some spots where they lose all force for a second and I'm close to lose control.
Well, even I can win under certain circumstances.

I spent all the first lap thinking if I should change my tyres for the second lap. I think changing was the right choice, but I was able to calmly keep the gap with inters on a dry track.

So... My 9th victory. First one driving a Gr.3 car.

188453deda797-screenshotUrl.jpg

Noticing a lot of suspiciously fast E/B and D/S accounts in daily C today…

Then again, I’m also on my Alt because I just don’t have the headroom on my main to lose anymore DR 😂

But to be fair, PD *ocked up the multipliers and laps. Yeah, yeah yeah… I get that a wet race would run long. But still. 2 laps just isn’t enough. They could have ran high multipliers, one more lap, and dynamic weather.

I don’t think they could have added another lap. My second race ran 23 minutes because it poured rain halfway through the second lap and everyone ice-skated for 10 minutes.

Only done a couple of Deep Forest races tonight but seems calmer than Road Atlanta, although granted its only Monday... thought it would be a complete Sylvia fest but an Alfa and a Swift finished 2nd and 1st to my 3rd place in a Sylvia (DR B).
I agree - the potential for this to be a cleaner race (except for turn 14) is pretty good. Of course, I still managed to do something stupid and went from P7 to P14 - man, that made a big hit on my DR. I need to improve my QT so I don't start so far back.

As for the cars, the 458 really holds the track well (I'm running with some assists, though). I think there'll be a handful of competitive cars there this week.

I agree - the potential for this to be a cleaner race (except for turn 14) is pretty good. Of course, I still managed to do something stupid and went from P7 to P14 - man, that made a big hit on my DR. I need to improve my QT so I don't start so far back.

As for the cars, the 458 really holds the track well (I'm running with some assists, though). I think there'll be a handful of competitive cars there this week.
The 458 and McLaren have been decent picks in my splits but I'm absolutely bordering the line to where the cars disadvantage is too much for me to make up for. I've been running it in every race (and my quali, at 1:32.5) but there's definitely places where I'm losing out no matter what.

The Silvia is a right animal through the straights and the length of them means that even pulling out a half second through sector 2 means that they'll be right back on you by turn 1. They're mental things.
Provided PD do things correctly though it should see a nerf in Thursdays update, so hopefully we get an even closer pack towards the end of the week.

I don’t think they could have added another lap. My second race ran 23 minutes because it poured rain halfway through the second lap and everyone ice-skated for 10 minutes.
Yeah, I know. All these long FIA races just has me yearning for a good 35-40 minute daily D Or something.

I did probably 8 races today, and only one of them had decent rain. Which is fine, because I do appreciate the “dynamic” part of the weather system

Race C is so much fun. I've just been racing on the 2nd account from the back in the Lambo. It's been a little bit of everything from dry only to IM wet only to one where it started wet and at the lap one pit for RHs which turned out to be the wrong call but worth a shot as I was towards the back anyway. Had a last to fourth and a last to fifth. And, surprisingly enough, no chaos at T1 yet.

THink I might change up cars tomorrow but not sure what yet. Don't want to run the Supra/GTR/Porsche, so I am thinking the new AMG or maybe McLaren. Will also jump into EMEA at some point and put in a quali lap to see what happens.

Was also interested in Race A, but after doing a couple Goodwood is just not my track. The car is fun enough but I just can't seem to be consistent there.

I haven't raced the Dailies since we went around The Glen in April and man... Race C has been great great fun.

I had three races last night, all starting from the back of the grid (I naively think this is my best chance to finally get to an A ranking, so please let me know if I'm woefully mistaken).

I initially struggled with the wet lines and focusing on track proved difficult once several double yellows were being waved around due to the carnage but I came away with two P3s and a P7. The latter had the track dry up by the end of lap 1 so I got absolutely minced by the hard tire runners that came on incredibly strong. Truth be told I was too courteous and could've enforced a Monaco GP style defence like the race winner did.

Anyways, I really wish it was one lap longer so that your original tire choice didn't feel like a death sentence and so you could employ a bit of strategy. Here's a happy snap of my livery based from my favourite car over the N24 weekend.

Attachments

• 202305231103220000.png
    202305231103220000.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I ran a few practice laps for Race C and had a rough go at it. I can't abuse the kerbs like I used to do on GT Sport. One little slip on the kerb cost me tons of time and I was on pace for a decent (for me) lap time. I might be pushing to hard that is contributing towards those mistakes. I used the McLaren as I was using it for the Nordschleife Time Trial and found that car to be the most stable for my driving style. I'm sure I'll be eaten alive by the Supra, but I can't drive that car at all. Hopefully I can keep the car on the track and not get caught out in the rain mid race.

Tough to split time between TT’s, practice for dailies, practice for Nations, racing Nations twice a week and trying to race the dailies.
Great problem to have and keeps me motivated to improve skills in a lot of different areas.

Did B race QT and similar to practice lobbies on Sunday it was the RCZ that I was getting along with best again.
Did a 1:33.34 or 1:33.43 can’t remember which but I can turn laps less than 1:34 consistently only in the RCZ.

Just can’t find pace in the 458 or S15 even though I like the way they handled. Barely cracked a high 1:33 at best but turned lots of 1:34’s.

Only did one race in the RCZ and started p7 and finished p10 after a lot of 2-3 wide through corners and lots of paint swapping. Overall not what I could call dirty but really aggressive and moves being taken with elbows out and on the fringes of being foul.

I’ll definitely be back for more B races this week but splitting time each night. This combo still offers lots of car choices that can work and great practice for overtakes and defending alike.

Back