GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,358 comments
That's where we differ. I'm more like:
Im Not No Way GIF

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

I don’t mind the ring at all but it’s going to be a dry tire race with the occasional sprinkle. So it’s about surviving wet patches on dry tires. But most races will probably be bone dry. PD is such a tease. Why can’t we have a full blown out wet race?

Last edited:
I don’t mind the ring at all but it’s going to be a dry tire race with the occasional sprinkle. So it’s about surviving wet patches on dry tires. But most races will probably be bone dry. PD is such a tease. Why can’t we have a full blown out wet race?
Because. Just like having the sf23 at fuji people can't handle it. I haven't raced online in many other games but the player base in GT is impatient as mentioned before. Everyone goes for the one quick move at the expense of everything. I was guilty of it early on when you are Stat maxing but I would rather have a good race finishing in any position then destroying a race.

This week highlights the fact that if you try to yield and give space to the guy in front then the guy behind you is going to pounce. And to be fair race B is way to short this week especially on a track with limited overtaking opportunities.

With full on rain you'll have complete destruction in every braking zone. The two guys who can handle it will finish a minute ahead.

Because. Just like having the sf23 at fuji people can't handle it. I haven't raced online in many other games but the player base in GT is impatient as mentioned before. Everyone goes for the one quick move at the expense of everything. I was guilty of it early on when you are Stat maxing but I would rather have a good race finishing in any position then destroying a race.

This week highlights the fact that if you try to yield and give space to the guy in front then the guy behind you is going to pounce. And to be fair race B is way to short this week especially on a track with limited overtaking opportunities.

With full on rain you'll have complete destruction in every braking zone. The two guys who can handle it will finish a minute ahead.
Let's add ghosting in to the mix as well. When it works in your favour it's all gravy baby...when it doesn't people are mad.

But then, the question comes if you don't like ghosting why drive through a car and pretend it's not ghosted?

"Real damage!"

"Ghosting sucks"

"I like to drive around for 23 mins at the back because 12 cars crashed"

"Barrier penalties"

"Track limit penalties"

"Dirty tires"

It goes on an on and then.....

You add weather....the great equaliser or demolisher....choose your poison.

GT7 players don't want 3 minutes of pit time in 3-20 lap races. That's the reality

The selfishness in me says: So?

I would love a pouring race, even if it's not dynamic and it's raining hard the whole time. Yes it will be challenging, but it's better than the same cookie-cutter races we typically get. And if other people can't handle it, how is that my problem? Maybe they can practice more and get to the point where they can...? It's just like anything else, practice and learn.

We've had a couple Manu races where it was wet enough for a portion of the race that IMs were required. Wet weather is part of racing so it would be cool if it was in the game more.

I would love a pouring race, even if it's not dynamic and it's raining hard the whole time. Yes it will be challenging, but it's better than the same cookie-cutter races we typically get. And if other people can't handle it, how is that my problem? Maybe they can practice more and get to the point where they can...? It's just like anything else, practice and learn.

We've had a couple Manu races where it was wet enough for a portion of the race that IMs were required. Wet weather is part of racing so it would be cool if it was in the game more.
I agree.

I would also say that if you visit this forum then you take the game more seriously then 90% of the people out there but PD is more interested in the 90.

Last edited:

I really wish they set all races to real time of day and dynamic random (or catered to the location of the race) weather.

So if playing on Euro servers, it would be racing in dark though the night and daytime through the day and it could rain at any time for any length of time.

I realise not all tracks can handle that but 1) they should, that's what we were promised and 2) just have it in effect for the ones that can then.

It would throw up so many different experiences and races I would probably do a full 24 hour session.

Genuinely I think PD don't want races with high quit rates.

Whilst you embrace it the wet isn't actually fun in the single player game (S-10???)

And that's where new online players come from...

Mix in random people making mistakes it just doesn't seem like it would be fun.

At the top end maybe, tense sure, fun I really don't know if you only do a handful of games a week and all the sweatiness before you have a chance to learn it...

Quite happy with my start to the weekend 🙂 Improved qualy lap times for both accounts and had my most solid and consistent races. Both times within 0.005 of getting fastest lap.

Attachments

• 18834f9fb3887-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18834f9fb3887-screenshotUrl.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 18834d3a98035-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18834d3a98035-screenshotUrl.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 16
  • 18834d38d331-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18834d38d331-screenshotUrl.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Finally clawed my way back to B/S from D/S at the RBR.

Nice to be back in better lobbies w/mainly S drivers (albeit as a backmarker!).

But the 2 races I’ve done since getting back to B have had a lot of A and even a few A+ drivers.

Are you all in mixed lobbies? Are there not enough players in Sport Mode for all A/S or all B/S lobbies? My C races yesterday had a few D drivers and some Bs.

Ps I’m still on PS4. And my mixed lobbies were Friday morning on the Americas server.

Last edited:
Finally clawed my way back to B/S from D/S at the RBR.

Nice to be back in better lobbies w/mainly S drivers (albeit as a backmarker!).

But the 2 races I’ve done since getting back to B have had a lot of A and even a few A+ drivers.

Are you all in mixed lobbies? Are there not enough players in Sport Mode for all A/S or all B/S lobbies? My C races yesterday had a few D drivers and some Bs.

Ps I’m still on PS4. And my mixed lobbies were Friday morning on the Americas server.
Last I played PS4 GT7 (in December) the playerbase was struggling, I can only imagine that it's even worse now.

All my lobbies are always A/A+ unless I play at silly o'clock in the morning (or if I play Race A, which remains gutted and killed).

Last I played PS4 GT7 (in December) the playerbase was struggling, I can only imagine that it's even worse now.

All my lobbies are always A/A+ unless I play at silly o'clock in the morning (or if I play Race A, which remains gutted and killed).
I also can't imagine Friday mornings are busy times for any server.

I also can't imagine Friday mornings are busy times for any server.
I get a race or two in the mornings on PS5 and they've always been mixed, sometimes a lot. But for the last few weeks, I'm seeing more mostly-B lobbies in the morning. Maybe more people are picking up PS5?

So what you’re saying is I need to buy a PS5? 😜

Agree, Friday morning not the best time. But I’ve been in a lot of mixed lobbies recently so might be the console.

Last edited:
Maybe more people are picking up PS5?
I would say with a reasonable level of certainty that in Spain at least, this is most likely true.

Orange (the telephone provider) are currently pushing hard on a pay-monthly contract deal for a new PS5 with your phone.

I’ve had my copy of GT7 and been racing online for 3mths now… this is the first time learning that there is a class divide between the haves and have nots!😂

Best regards from an Epsilon Minor/PS4 user

Last edited:
Can someone explain where the track penalties are on T5 at Atlanta? (That's the hard left turn at the end of the Esses). This is the leader on the QT board, and I could have sworn this would give him a penalty, yet it doesn't:

View attachment 1257711

View attachment 1257712

View attachment 1257713

View attachment 1257714

I've gotten plenty of .5 second penalties on this turn in the past, and I thought I understood what I did to get them, but now I'm clueless (which is not uncommon, TBH).
Some curbs ive found you can run off the track and not pick up a penalty, as long as you run off them at a certain point.
On this curb your left wheels have to be still touching the small striped curb to avoid a penalty, but if run off this curb a little later than the normal racing line you can run of the back that curb and not gain a penalty.

Blue line is you natural racing line and if your right of the green box it’s a penalty. If you take the orange line you can run off the green box and have all 4 wheels to right and not pick up a penalty. It’s as if PD have only programmed a certain portion of the cubs to be in penalty zones.
IMG_3099.jpeg

The same thing happens too at RBR T1.
They is a certain point in the corner exit that allows you run 2/3rds of your car over the yellow exit sausage without picking up a penalty.

I’ve had my copy of GT7 and been racing online for 3mths now… this is the first time learning that there is a class divide between the haves and have nots!😂

Best regards from an Epsilon Minor/PS4 user
The sad truth! But aren’t
Some curbs ive found you can run off the track and not pick up a penalty, as long as you run off them at a certain point.
On this curb your left wheels have to be still touching the small striped curb to avoid a penalty, but if run off this curb a little later than the normal racing line you can run of the back that curb and not gain a penalty.

Blue line is you natural racing line and if your right of the green box it’s a penalty. If you take the orange line you can run off the green box and have all 4 wheels to right and not pick up a penalty. It’s as if PD have only programmed a certain portion of the cubs to be in penalty zones.
View attachment 1257888

The same thing happens too at RBR T1.
They is a certain point in the corner exit that allows you run 2/3rds of your car over the yellow exit sausage without picking up a penalty.
T1 at RBR is killing me in the RSR this week. Not just the roulette of whether you’ve exceeded track limits, but any time I take any of the raised kerb on the inside of the turn it upsets the car and I spin (or have to delay getting on the throttle). Best I can do is get my right wheel on the flat bit of the inside kerb and try not to run wide on the exit.

Last edited:
Have next week's daily races been announced yet?
Nothing from Nenkai yet on Twitter.

Ahhh was so close to getting a 1:24:x at Atlanta but fluffed the entry into the uphill chicane....

But I'm happy that consistently lapping within 0.1 of my best time now 🙂

Also spent a bit too much time making the car pretty 🤣 Yeah, I'm into Japanese stuff 😁

Attachments

• 18838a4e17185-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18838a4e17185-screenshotUrl.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1883888805e39-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1883888805e39-screenshotUrl.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 18838886d4a35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18838886d4a35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1883888593137-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1883888593137-screenshotUrl.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 188388845e373-screenshotUrl.jpg
    188388845e373-screenshotUrl.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Great explanation!

Although it's usually my car which choses the line, not me... 😆
Yeah thats how I noticed the penalties & no penalties. Lack of skill and strange lines the car does

Have next week's daily races been announced yet?
Daily Races suppose to

Daily A - Goodwood
Daily B - Deep Forest - M tyres (could be Gr1 or Gr2 maybe?)
Daily C - Nurburgring GP - H, IM, W tyres(so could be dynamic and expecting this to mimic the 24hr race over this weekend, so expecting Gr3 cars)

Then then (the second part)... :-(

I'm actually liking all three of these Daily races. I'll do mostly C, but A is a brand new combination on a track that we rarely see. B looks like fun, too, especially with the RM tires.

Daily C 2 lap with weather? I mean what is the point? Your not boxing for tyres on that surely?

Daily C 2 lap with weather? I mean what is the point? Your not boxing for tyres on that surely?
Yeah it should have been 3 laps. But like let us not forget it is a long track, race distance is equivalent like 8 laps of Suzuka or so. So if you make the tire decision right with all them corners over a long lap and the others do not choose correct, it is easy pickings. But yeah imo dynamic weather not the best in Daily C, too few laps and long at that to allow a change of heart with switching tires..

Will see how it goes but it seems like another PD tease on C next week.

The weather will be fairly neutered I imagine. It feels like they are gonna use weather to engineer pit stops for everyone.

I imagine it's also going to be consistent weather either starting dry lap 1 and requiring IM/W for lap 2 or the the other way round.

This is not going to be a race for the masses that is for sure...

Back