GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
Race C is, indeed, an RH no stopper. Surprise!
These have gotten incredibly long in the tooth. Along with Nissans in Gr3/Gr4. Didn't even worry about looking up the rankings in Race C because almost every track will be dominated by the Sylvia in Gr4 and the GT-R in Gr3.

Probably going to be off the game entirely for a while until PD gets it together. Which they had back when Deep Forest in Jaguars was a thing.

Solid defense!!
Heh, yeah at least in this combo it was one of the worst IMO. Perhaps it does better when wear and fuel comes into play but it certainly didn’t impress.

The defense is quite good (apart from the final chicane on the final lap) but also highlights the issue with the R.S.01 here and why I demoted it a tier, it suffers a lot in acceleration and clearly struggles with overtaking even though it’d be quicker in clean air. Perhaps a car to run away in if competent enough but not a good choice if one’s not Q1. Regardless, nicely done. :cool:
Yea, thanks. Appreciate the feedback. I didn't think twice about it until after the race I said "Thanks for the race!" to him and he just left; thought maybe he was mad but probably not. No biggie.

Even though I try to drive more cleanly now than I have in the past, one thing I still won't tolerate is being run off the track on the straight by someone who didn't exit the preceding turn as fast as I did. It's one of the most unfair things you can do to another driver.
Hopefully this guy learned a lesson.

Got to do a couple of Race B’s today. My god what a terrible race. Absolute slaughter fest. I’m just slow and get piled into. I did two races; bad for my DR and bad for my SR. Not doing any more. Which moron thought this was a good race?

Then started TTing for race C. I was liking the Corvette until I checked the times…

IMG_6483.jpeg

🤦‍♂️

Guess I need another car…

Edit. Got it into the 1:57s once I realized I was on RH and not RM.

Last edited:
Even though I try to drive more cleanly now than I have in the past, one thing I still won't tolerate is being run off the track on the straight by someone who didn't exit the preceding turn as fast as I did. It's one of the most unfair things you can do to another driver.
Hopefully this guy learned a lesson.

Forever amusing how they seem to think only they can do a dirty move and it won't come back on them.

Clean driving is a choice, it's not something we're forced to do. We can all get in the mud if needs be, it's not a talent.

Forever amusing how they seem to think only they can do a dirty move and it won't come back on them.

Clean driving is a choice, it's not something we're forced to do. We can all get in the mud if needs be, it's not a talent.
During the heat of the battle (in which I rarely engage) I always forget about the pause/option button. It’s great to ghost when being sideswiped or intentionally rammed 👻🍻

Edit. Got it into the 1:57s once I realized I was on RH and not RM.
Done something similar the other week at Road Atlanta. Earlier in the day I had set a time. Went back on in the evening and couldn't get within 5 seconds of my earlier time. Spent 10 laps, numerous replays etc. Playstation nearly took a trip out the window. Finally realised I had been on inters!.

Happen to come across some DTM over the weekend and I noticed they are using a similar penalty system like GT7. The only difference is in DTM the drivers have to drive through a specific penalty zone. Now to me this the system PD need to implement on GT. Clear to all drivers who is serving a penalty and also gets them off the racing line.

Would this work in the Daily Races and GTWS?
IMG_3287.gif

This the official rule from DTM
"Milder" penalty: Penalty lap
In future, minor offences in the DTM will be punished with a penalty lap. For this purpose, a penalty zone will be set up on each track. The DTM drivers have to drive through this defined area at a maximum speed of 50 km/h and lose almost five seconds due to this somewhat "milder" penalty. In addition, the penalty lap ensures clear conditions on the track instead of adding time penalties to the overall time at the end of the race.

Last edited:
Happen to come across some DTM over the weekend and I noticed they are using a similar penalty system like GT7. The only difference is in DTM the drivers have to drive through a specific penalty zone. Now to me this the system PD need to implement on GT. Clear to all drivers who is serving a penalty and also gets them off the racing line.

Would this work in the Daily Races and GTWS?
View attachment 1261508

This the official rule from DTM
"Milder" penalty: Penalty lap
In future, minor offences in the DTM will be punished with a penalty lap. For this purpose, a penalty zone will be set up on each track. The DTM drivers have to drive through this defined area at a maximum speed of 50 km/h and lose almost five seconds due to this somewhat "milder" penalty. In addition, the penalty lap ensures clear conditions on the track instead of adding time penalties to the overall time at the end of the race.
I would say there's potential for it to be abusable with no live stewarding - nothing is stopping someone from running alongside the person with a penalty and stopping them from being able to get into the area.
In real DTM, obviously you can penalise the person if you see them doing that, but you can't really police that with an artificial stewarding system like we have now.

During the heat of the battle (in which I rarely engage) I always forget about the pause/option button. It’s great to ghost when being sideswiped or intentionally rammed 👻🍻
Oh I could have done with this strategy last night. I gave race B one more go but on my alt GB account. In late night/early morning Euro hours there are some awful drivers. I started with no QT at the back of the grid and some yahoo in front was not intent on racing but ramming every van he could.. I actually passed him as he was ramming someone else off the track, but then he rammed me from behind as it braked into the right/left chicane. I caught up again and tried to pass but, no, he battered me off the track never to recover and I came in last. What an a-hole.

So if I'm in such a situation next time, I should hit pause and I ghost? Pause puts you into auto drive right that is slower (though I'm slow anyway so probably not that much slower) so would this work for passing or do you lose too much speed?

...aaand gone are the days of us two competing closely for qualifying times. 🥹😆
I will genuinely miss it 😢 You pushed me to the limits so many times over the months with our friendly little challenges, down to a few tenths back and forth 🤣

Honestly, I think I've improved the most overall with your help! And anyway, it's not like I'm now minutes ahead so I'm sure we will compete closely at times 🤣 I'm still a far way behind of the usual 2 aliens in my LB - @Talon16 @Nebuc72 🤣👽🛸

Last edited:
Went a full second faster with the DD Pro compared to my previous time using the G29 :) Only had the new setup 2 days so promising start 🥳

Still need to work out all the settings for the wheel but wow, such as difference!

You turn too hard in to the tunnel, clip the entry curb and ease to the middle curb ;)

Edit: it's not the wheel on its own it's the combination of better pedals and slightly better wheel making the difference. It's almost always the pedals the wheel does the same thing all the time it's how you work the pedals with the new information you have.

Last edited:
I will genuinely miss it 😢 You pushed me to the limits so many times over the months with our friendly little challenges, down to a few tenths back and forth 🤣

Honestly, I think I've improved the most overall with your help! And anyway, it's not like I'm now minutes ahead so I'm sure we will compete closely at times 🤣 I'm still a far way behind of the usual 2 aliens in my LB - @Talon16 @Nebuc72 🤣👽🛸
I am no alien, sir, but I appreciate your flattery! :cheers:

Last edited:

That was fun to watch from start to finish, and hence my "hot" reaction to your post. Just like real-life GT racing! It's surprising that the other guy showed lightning-fast reactions to your braking throughout the race, only to lose it in the final chicane and miss out on an easy pass. In real life, his bump could have almost ended the race for at least one driver.

Your blocks are all legal, sportsmanlike, and awesome, including the last one. Mistakes are part of the sport, and that mistake only harmed yourself. It was on the other guy to make his own mistake on top of your mistake.

That was fun to watch from start to finish, and hence my "hot" reaction to your post. Just like real-life GT racing! It's surprising that the other guy showed lightning-fast reactions to your braking throughout the race, only to lose it in the final chicane and miss out on an easy pass. In real life, his bump could have almost ended the race for at least one driver.

Your blocks are all legal, sportsmanlike, and awesome, including the last one. Mistakes are part of the sport, and that mistake only harmed yourself. It was on the other guy to make his own mistake on top of your mistake.
Thanks, much appreciated. Yea, he is a really good driver. Apparently qualified for GTWS last year. So the fact he was that much quicker than me isn't exactly something I am ashamed of. :lol:

Capture2.PNG

And yea, that last chicane was a mistake on my end for sure. And the bump from him was definitely not intentional/dirty. He got some spin coming out of the chicane but I almost lost my car as well; the rears broke loose right as I was going by pit entrance (you can see it on the video). Guess we were both trying to blow the race in the last bit. :lol:

Oh I could have done with this strategy last night. I gave race B one more go but on my alt GB account. In late night/early morning Euro hours there are some awful drivers. I started with no QT at the back of the grid and some yahoo in front was not intent on racing but ramming every van he could.. I actually passed him as he was ramming someone else off the track, but then he rammed me from behind as it braked into the right/left chicane. I caught up again and tried to pass but, no, he battered me off the track never to recover and I came in last. What an a-hole.

So if I'm in such a situation next time, I should hit pause and I ghost? Pause puts you into auto drive right that is slower (though I'm slow anyway so probably not that much slower) so would this work for passing or do you lose too much speed?
Not for passing unless you’re being seriously brake checked, then you can glide right through. Also ghosting auto drive drastically slows down in the corners.

I have yet been able to accomplish any of these tactics but have seen and been on the receiving side. 🍻

Went a full second faster with the DD Pro compared to my previous time using the G29 :) Only had the new setup 2 days so promising start 🥳

Still need to work out all the settings for the wheel but wow, such as difference!
What I found helped me improve my times when I did the same upgrade was the fact that with the DD Pro you can feel the resistance in the wheel when turning and the tyres are at their limits. Because of this I was not over turning the wheel and understeering as a result anymore. This was something I simply could not feel with the G29.

Of course I'll still try my very best...🍻

Last edited:
I would say there's potential for it to be abusable with no live stewarding - nothing is stopping someone from running alongside the person with a penalty and stopping them from being able to get into the area.
In real DTM, obviously you can penalise the person if you see them doing that, but you can't really police that with an artificial stewarding system like we have now.
Yeah people could abuse it and stop people from moving over. I guess ghosting the car 5 seconds before the penalty zone would help with that.
Would be good if homelike this was implemented but I guess coding it would be the big issue, as they would need to be some very specific code and rules to it implemented. Also getting the player base to follow the rules will be a challenge.

Interesting... I keep looking at DD wheels, but I just can't justify the price at the minute, plus I don't have a fixed rig at the minute. What is making you faster? The feel of the DD wheel or pedals? Assume you got the load cell brake pedal?

Now you are making me jealous. Enjoy the new wheel my friend.

You turn too hard in to the tunnel, clip the entry curb and ease to the middle curb ;)

Edit: it's not the wheel on its own it's the combination of better pedals and slightly better wheel making the difference. It's almost always the pedals the wheel does the same thing all the time it's how you work the pedals with the new information you have.
Thanks for your tip, sir! I experimented for a few laps during lunch break trying to turn more fluently into the tunnel by trail-braking a bit softer and shaved another 0.2s from previous PB 🙂

Back to work for me now 🤣

@Roggers Its a combination of the DD and the fine tuning of the wheel settings itself and yes, the brake pedals have more of a connected feeling to the car than the G29, plus better travel range. I didn't (forgot lol) get the load cell but I got the 8nm upgrade. Guess I have something to look forward to upgrading in the future.

@OJBrit - Thank you :)

Attachments

• 1887c1b1ccb79-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1887c1b1ccb79-screenshotUrl.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back to race A for next week then, only combo of the 3 that's interesting enough to run laps in. Though admittedly Tsukuba is one of my favourite tracks, and stuff like the NR-A MX-5 is perfect round there. Just a shame it has to go back to being unranked A again, so participation will be low.

Race B this week has been a great laugh with half-decent participation numbers, and I've actually managed to enjoy some good clean races up front. Thinks can get a bit sketchy when there's a pack of people together, as it doesn't take much for someone to interpret the smallest of contact as a dirty move. Which is difficult given the Alphards size and it's tendency to become unstable under heavy braking. Fun combo nonetheless 👍 .

Now you are making me jealous. Enjoy the new wheel my friend.

Pretty excited about these as now I'll get more housework done next week.
Did 4 laps with each car using as close to BoP Medium settings as I could. From what happened, at least for me, it's going to be all down to personal preference, which would be amazing!

Sick of just one or two options to really have a chance lol. Hope what I just found remains true on Monday 🙂

To me, the AMG, 650S and the M6 felt the most comfortable on the limits.

Attachments

• 1887c99fb6315-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1887c99fb6315-screenshotUrl.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest Posts

Back