GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,307 comments
A is at a go-kart track, which sucks for racing cars.
The cars at B are too fast for that tiny track.
I may actually like the race C combo, but I probably won't be very good at it. :indiff:
It definitely feels "like" the same old repeated again.

If A was ranked it would be a great race as the MX-5 fit quite nicely there.

Agree with you on B :(

Is C the full track layout? If it is then it could be fun apart from the lack of strat :(

A is at a go-kart track, which sucks for racing cars.
The cars at B are too fast for that tiny track.
I may actually like the race C combo, but I probably won't be very good at it. :indiff:
Yep. The B should be the Gr4 cars and the C should be Gr3 (or Gr2 or Gr1) and I'd be happy. Like you said the track for B is too small for Gr3, Daytona Road is too big for Gr4.

PD being PD. At least there are a couple TTs to work on.

It definitely feels "like" the same old repeated again.

If A was ranked it would be a great race as the MX-5 fit quite nicely there.

Agree with you on B :(

Is C the full track layout? If it is then it could be fun apart from the lack of strat :(
Race A is from January this year, and both B and C are from Christmas week.

So these feel 'repeated' because we had them all a half year ago in the space of 2 weeks. Crazy laziness with this next weeks.

Race A is from January this year, and both B and C are from Christmas week.

So these feel 'repeated' because we had them all a half year ago in the space of 2 weeks. Crazy laziness with this next weeks.
I remembered the MX5 one didn't realise or the penny didn't drop that those were the same races as before. No wonder I had de ja vu!

After this weeks weird troll week I'm just getting a bit meh about them

See Daytona and get excited. See Gr.4 and start crying.

I'm so bored of the sluggish Gr.4 cars and especially that Sylvia. Why cant they lay off them for a few weeks? There's so many cool cars that are under utilized. Actually, NEVER utilized.
What you mean you didn't love the Alphard mini bus....

I think this conclusively proves PD hates fun and has no idea what the **** they're doing with their game.
I keep checking to see if PD is going to come out with something that makes me want to play their game again. Thus far I'm pleased with my decision to find other uses for my time.
Yeah I’m find it hard right now to enjoy this game. Red Bull ring and Watkins Glen are the last two daily races I’ve enjoyed in a long time.
Whats PDs obsession with racing hard tyres for every race and then give us x2 or x3 tyre wear? High fuel multipliers too have all been fuel savers with no need to pit.

haha looks like PDs efforts have slumped so low that they are now simply copy/pasting past weeks. This is a screenshot of the dailies from late december...

EDIT: Just realised this was already posted but here is the evidence I guess...

20230603_065812.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I’m find it hard right now to enjoy this game. Red Bull ring and Watkins Glen are the last two daily races I’ve enjoyed in a long time.
Whats PDs obsession with racing hard tyres for every race and then give us x2 or x3 tyre wear? High fuel multipliers too have all been fuel savers with no need to pit.
Yeah for sure. It's one thing to run repeats on occasion but consistently hard tires with fuel saving is lazy design. It's funny how hard PD pushed online play over single player play for their traditionally single player franchise and then absolutely screw the pooch on the online content while also screwing the single player content.

Between lackluster race design/setup, horrifically bad penalty system, absolute lack of any kind of reporting functionality for those players who are making things miserable for others it's like PD thinks we're too dumb/addicted/lazy to do something different.

I dunno. Grand valley this week has been a ton of fun. Honestly, a pit stop in a 10 lap race is annoying. Now if GV this week was 15 that would make sense. Kinda think the races are all 1-5 laps too short and that right about when things are getting fun its over and back to the lobby. While the past few days its been dog fight after dog fight clawing my way towards the front. Sure a few dirty players, but lots of clean hard fought races. Besides, the dirty ones are teaching me how to race defensively…so not entirely useless.

Granted, im just in the C and B lobbies. Maybe its not so great in the A’s?

A good backlog and/or only TT week. Bit of a shame from a GT perspective of course but personally I don’t mind the occasional “terrible” week as it opens up some other opportunities. But it should indeed be said that it’s more negative as in the long run we could lose players and that’s not good at all.

Anyway, to follow up on the “win with all cars” project. I think I’m ending it now despite Saturday and Sunday remaining. Ending it because I can’t be bothered to keep trying in the awful cars again. The final attempt in the Suzuki VGT (video below of that) really speaks for itself to be honest and kind of ended that motivation. Watch the first lap. But to add a few words. It’s simply awfully slow, almost feels like a Gr.4 car, except Gr.4 cars run like trains on railways and the Suzuki doesn’t even have that going for it, oh au contraire, it has terrible stability.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention when I sent the post. It’s one thing to start in a really slow and poor car from the back, not qualifying, you can hang around and pick up positions from people messing up. But to have the field or many cars behind you in a car like that you’re bound to end up in stupid situations where the risk for contact is high. When you’re also trying to race clean and pick up CRB those are situations you ideally want to avoid.

Tried all 48 cars (the game categorises M6 Endurance and Sprint as separate cars, so fine, let’s go with that) and won with 44 of them though. The updated list looking like:

USED CARS (48/48) WINNER CARS (44/48)
Really good: PEUGEOT RCZ (W), LAMBORGHINI HURACÁN GT3 (W), FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 (W), PORSCHE 911 RSR (W), MERCEDES-AMG GT3 ’20 (W)
Quite nice: AUDI R8 LMS EVO (W), SUBARU BRZ GT300 (W) MERCEDES-AMG GT3 ’16 (W) CORVETTE C7 (W), MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT (W), ALFA ROMEO 4C (W),
HONDA NSX (W), RENAULT R.S.01 (W, demoted due to lack of acceleration and speed)
Decent/OK: MERCEDES-BENZ SLS AMG GT3 (W), ASTON MARTIN V12 VANTAGE GT3 (W), GENESIS X GR3 (W), BMW M6 ENDURANCE (W), LEXUS RC F GT3 PROTOTPE (W), MCLAREN 650S GT3 (W), TOYOTA FT-1 VGT (W), NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 ’18 (W), TOYOTA GR SUPRA RACING CONCEPT (W), DODGE VIPER SRT GT3-R (W), FORD MUSTANG (W), AUDI R8 LMS (W, not that bad)
Nah, pass: HYUNDAI GENESIS (W), MCLAREN F1 GTR, PEUGEOT VGT, MAZDA ATENZA (W), FORD GT RACE CAR ’18 (W), NISSAN GT-R GT500 (W), BMW Z4 GT3 (W),
CITROËN GT BY CITROËN (W), TOYOTA SUPRA GT500 (W), FORD GT LM SPEC II TEST CAR (W), LEXUS RC F GT3 (W, demoted, too slow)
Jesus christ, shockingly poor: NISSAN SKYLINE SUPER SILHOUETTE, VOLKSWAGEN GTI VGT (W), SUBARU WRX (W), SUZUKI VGT, JAGUAR F-TYPE (W), MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO (W)

NON WINNERS (4): MCLAREN F1 GTR, PEUGEOT VGT, SUZUKI VGT, NISSAN SKYLINE SUPER SILHOUETTE

Last edited:
Honestly, a pit stop in a 10 lap race is annoying. Now if GV this week was 15 that would make sense. Kinda think the races are all 1-5 laps too short and that right about when things are getting fun its over and back to the lobby.
I do and don’t agree with this.
Pit stop in a 10 lap race…I don’t mind this. At least it’s a variable in a race and give some strategy, even though by day 2 everyone pits on the same lap.
As for the races been too short I agree. Daily A & Daily B are fine as they are I think. But Daily C needs a few more laps or they need to add a longer Daily D that runs on the hour with a quali session at the start and at least a 15 laps race/30 min race.

As for the races been too short I agree. Daily A & Daily B are fine as they are I think. But Daily C needs a few more laps or they need to add a longer Daily D that runs on the hour with a quali session at the start and at least a 15 laps race/30 min race
Na IMO Daily race B is ususally too short. Most of the time you will have a 8-10 min race and then have to wait another 8 mins for the next time slot to start. I've always through that 1 or 2 more laps in these 20min time slots would be perfect👌

I do and don’t agree with this.
Pit stop in a 10 lap race…I don’t mind this. At least it’s a variable in a race and give some strategy, even though by day 2 everyone pits on the same lap.
As for the races been too short I agree. Daily A & Daily B are fine as they are I think. But Daily C needs a few more laps or they need to add a longer Daily D that runs on the hour with a quali session at the start and at least a 15 laps race/30 min race.
Only problem with adding more laps to daily C is the top of the hour race would encroach on the bottom of the hour race. They're typically about 20 mins long. Add to that the minute or so lobby time at the beginning, the bit before the race actually starts, the 90 seconds wait until it's over, then exiting and even a 20 min race can take 25 mins. And, the lower the ranks the longer the races take (no disrespect intended).

A Daily D would be great that lasted 45 mins or so. I just wonder if it would attract enough players to make it viable. The irony is, I am sure it would if all the aforementioned issues with the game weren't issues (a good BoP, good track selection, pens that worked, strats, etc.). All the stuff we've been asking for just isn't happening and the player base is much small than it could be because of it.

*snip

Anyway, to follow up on the “win with all cars” project. I think I’m ending it now despite Saturday and Sunday remaining. Ending it because I can’t be bothered to keep trying in the awful cars again. The final attempt in the Suzuki VGT (video below of that) really speaks for itself to be honest and kind of ended that motivation. Watch the first lap. But to add a few words. It’s simply awfully slow, almost feels like a Gr.4 car, except Gr.4 cars run like trains on railways and the Suzuki doesn’t even have that going for it, oh au contraire, it has terrible stability.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention when I sent the post. It’s one thing to start in a really slow and poor car from the back, not qualifying, you can hang around and pick up positions from people messing up. But to have the field or many cars behind you in a car like that you’re bound to end up in stupid situations where the risk for contact is high. When you’re also trying to race clean and pick up CRB those are situations you ideally want to avoid.

*snip
Agreed. Trying all sorts of different cars can be fun, but some are so bad you just end up being a roadblock for the people behind. Sometimes the driver just can't out skill the car. And, even the most patient drivers will eventually start to get impatient and there could very well be some contact, even if unintentional. Eventually I almost feel bad about it. It just ends up being not fun.

Last edited:
Only problem with adding more laps to daily C is the top of the hour race would encroach on the bottom of the hour race. They're typically about 20 mins long. Add to that the minute or so lobby time at the beginning, the bit before the race actually starts, the 90 seconds wait until it's over, then exiting and even a 20 min race can take 25 mins. And, the lower the ranks the longer the races take (no disrespect intended).

A Daily D would be great that lasted 45 mins or so. I just wonder if it would attract enough players to make it viable. The irony is, I am sure it would if all the aforementioned issues with the game weren't issues (a good BoP, good track selection, pens that worked, strats, etc.). All the stuff we've been asking for just isn't happening and the player base is much small than it could be because of it.

Agreed. Trying all sorts of different cars can be fun, but some are so bad you just end up being a roadblock for the people behind. Sometimes the driver just can't out skill the car. And, even the most patient drivers will eventually start to get impatient and there could very well be some contact, even if unintentional. Eventually I almost feel bad about it. It just ends up being not fun.
I did a custom practice race, mimicking next week's race C (Daytona Road Course).
I believe it took me 19:40.
Even in Gr.4 cars, turn 1 is a bitch.
The bus stop chicane on the back straight is still a challenge to get through quickly, without a penalty.
Neither fuel, nor tires are any concern at all.

I did a custom practice race, mimicking next week's race C (Daytona Road Course).
I believe it took me 19:40.
Even in Gr.4 cars, turn 1 is a bitch.
The bus stop chicane on the back straight is still a challenge to get through quickly, without a penalty.
Neither fuel, nor tires are any concern at all.
Another week of Silver and 458 ahead again then.

Another week of Silver and 458 ahead again then.
Yeh why have they not updated the BOP during any of the last updates? Surely they can read the numbers?!? Remember that week after they nerfed the Audi TT - so many evenly paced options for GR4!

Next week I'm going to try the NSX or McLaren, but may have to qualify in Silvia or Ferrari

Genuinely we all bitch about it, but the barrier/wall penalties are so so broken.

I get the track limit ones can be difficult to decide but contact penalties must be easier. I mean being in reverse gear....clearly not wall riding or trying to gain an advantage.

Pushed in the the wall/barrier/invisible thing...what was my trajectory before contact?

It's these 1000 cuts that slowly kill the game especially online when they make some odd choices for racing.

They are so desperate to get the Esports thing back yet have such archaic in game racing rules mechanics on top of poor virtual stewarding.

I definitely have an opinion on where their priorities are right now.

Only problem with adding more laps to daily C is the top of the hour race would encroach on the bottom of the hour race. They're typically about 20 mins long. Add to that the minute or so lobby time at the beginning, the bit before the race actually starts, the 90 seconds wait until it's over, then exiting and even a 20 min race can take 25 mins. And, the lower the ranks the longer the races take (no disrespect intended)
Yeah this the biggest issue with added laps in Daily C. By the time you gone through the warm up and the results that’s wastes about 3/4 minutes. The other issue is the lower DR lobbies. The races have to factor in the slower race pace of others which could add another 1/2 minutes to the race.

I think a Daily D race is worth trying. If they make the races interesting enough it could work, but the way PD have been making the races up lately it could struggle. One issue is the 16 player lobbies. Making longer races tempts people to quit and then having 9 players left towards the end is not fun.

Yeh why have they not updated the BOP during any of the last updates? Surely they can read the numbers?!? Remember that week after they nerfed the Audi TT - so many evenly paced options for GR4!

Next week I'm going to try the NSX or McLaren, but may have to qualify in Silvia or Ferrari
The BOP in Gr.4 is the best its been so far but obviously there is still room for improvement. But I think no matter what they do with the BOP there is always going to be a dominant car, even if its by a small margin, and once people figure it out they will flock to it regardless because that is perceived as the fastest car. That's why there was so much variety just after the last BOP update because people were still experimenting around with cars were best.
People also look at what cars are at the top of the leaderboard and always go with them. I'm convinced if the aliens started using some random car and posted top times with it then everyone else would follow suit and start using that car.

The BOP in Gr.4 is the best its been so far but obviously there is still room for improvement. But I think no matter what they do with the BOP there is always going to be a dominant car, even if its by a small margin, and once people figure it out they will flock to it regardless because that is perceived as the fastest car. That's why there was so much variety just after the last BOP update because people were still experimenting around with cars were best.
People also look at what cars are at the top of the leaderboard and always go with them. I'm convinced if the aliens started using some random car and posted top times with it then everyone else would follow suit and start using that car.
This week’s GTWS race is the perfect example. All the top times were Supras so everyone went with the Supra. It was nowhere near the best option for 99% of drivers.

I feel like I get a small advantage every week by picking what’s best for me in-race regardless of qualifying results at the top of the tree.

I dunno. Grand valley this week has been a ton of fun. Honestly, a pit stop in a 10 lap race is annoying. Now if GV this week was 15 that would make sense. Kinda think the races are all 1-5 laps too short and that right about when things are getting fun its over and back to the lobby. While the past few days its been dog fight after dog fight clawing my way towards the front. Sure a few dirty players, but lots of clean hard fought races. Besides, the dirty ones are teaching me how to race defensively…so not entirely useless.

Granted, im just in the C and B lobbies. Maybe its not so great in the A’s?
The 15 lapper in Nations at GV today was intense! Find it hard to manage the Gr.3 cars there. Agree, though, that the daily race in C is a good one. Lots of close clean racing in the B/S lobbies.

Did one race today, which had 2 surprises... Usually never do Race A but wasn't tempted on B or C this week and since I like Suzuka, gave it a go.

Set a crappy time after just 5 practice laps and started P9 and lobby was full of A+/S and A/S drivers, so looked promising. I was in the RCZ as liked it the most.

Lap 1 at the back straight leading to Spoon (I think) and an A+ driver deliberately pit-manouvered me and I ended up 2nd from last by the time I got the car back on track and out of the barriers/ grass.

However, the driver in last place was also a victim of scummy driving and had caught up to me by the time I got going.. What happened next was great fun, 4 laps of bumper-to-bumper, close and clean racing between the both of us. Was epic 🙂

Ended up finishing P9 as others took each other out and a photo finish in front of the driver I was racing with 🙂 On to next set of races tomorrow...

Last edited:
Back