GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
This week's Race B has me scratching my head again...

Sure, I'm definitely rusty from taking nearly 2 weeks away. The lunchtime lobbies are quite violent, and I'm having to fall back on my good habits to get any kind of result here.

Never, ever go two wide into the first sector. Nobody walks away from that!

I love racing around here, but that sector 1 requires clean driving from everyone due to the fact any small mistake inevitably affects everyone when the pack is even slightly bunched up. There's a real domino effect going on, and people don't seem to have the reactions or the race craft to mitigate for problems.
Personally…. Races this short reward bad behavior, because wrecking someone removes them from the equation.

Its the most efficient way to win/advance.

Never, ever go two wide into the first sector. Nobody walks away from that!
Yeah, well, since it's only a game and nobody actually gets hurt, some people don't care.
I can't understand the point of races shorter than 15/20 minutes.
I've said this before, to the point some people are probably sick of hearing my perspective on this, but here it is anyway.

I can't concentrate for that long. I have fairly severe ADD, so it's just not possible for me. And I've heard from other people on this forum who have the same issues as I do. So, I'm thankful for shorter races.

HOWER, with that said, there's no reason TM can't be 5 laps at the very minimum. There's even enough time for 6 laps, honestly.

Yeah, well, since it's only a game and nobody actually gets hurt, some people don't care.

I've said this before, to the point some people are probably sick of hearing my perspective on this, but here it is anyway.

I can't concentrate for that long. I have fairly severe ADD, so it's just not possible for me. And I've heard from other people on this forum who have the same issues as I do. So, I'm thankful for shorter races.

HOWER, with that said, there's no reason TM can't be 5 laps at the very minimum. There's even enough time for 6 laps, honestly.
nobody’s saying the short race isn’t/shouldn’t be a part of console racing. It should.

However, 7-9min races are too short.

Random idea:

Take the average lap time from Dr B racers and divide by 15min to get the lap count for the week and let the chips fall where they may. The details are simply illustration and flexible.

Time for an update on participation stats!...
I got some feedback that this was a bit hard to read, so for convenience I have now produced the data in chart form too :)

1700995093566.png

Trial Mountain is a pretty decent track. Did a handful of races, mostly on the EMEA account because.... I dunno. I just set my best quali time there (1:51.5) and was too lazy to try and replicate it.

Had some pretty good races, as well as being killed a couple of times and/or being the collateral damage of someone else's mistakes. But, overall not too bad.

dc455a956bd944c25d57964ab37b564e_photo.webp

I improved my quali for B today, down to 1.52.3 now. This put me at Q2 in my first race for the day in a full B-S lobby. I noticed early on in the race that P3 was very hungry and started to show himself in my mirrors in the most impossible places. I knew early on that it would end in tears for us both, and stopped defending to enable him to pass. In the long straight after the tunnel we were side by side, i'm on the outside. Pretty safe place to let him pass. I left the entire turn to him to do what he liked, and can you guess? He used that freedom to hit me hard in the side at the exit and basically parked me. No penalties :-)

Ah well.

Race two had me in P14, and I was chocked by the poor grid position until I saw I was now in a A lobby with two B drivers. Oh no, did I make it to A? In any case, I finished P14, got negative DR (?), exited to the sport start screen to see my status - no, still B. Phew. Been in a few A-lobbies, and honestly I'm a B driver, and happy to stay there.
Switchback all day for me in that scenario - most people run deep, and make taking the place back easy. If they don't...fair play and good overtake.

Im a dead-average middle of the pack B/S driver and happy to be there as well, I must have raced against you at some point, assuming you are EMEA.

I have good fun in race B, just can't get into a winning groove, plus the constant punting doesn't help..... anyone experiencing this ?? Feel like at least it's the perfect race length to avoid long waits till the next one......

Well I won't have anymore time to do anymore races from this week, durn. I love Trial Mountain, but my family comes first.

Last edited:
So I set a decent qualy time for Race B to consistently start in top half of grid and it helped a ton with clean racing. It was impossible to run from the back, having to avoid rear ending people and getting punted as a result.

Had some great duels with a few of the same drivers last night/today. Really appreciated meeting an equally skilled guy who I accidentally bumped on final lap. Gave him back P3 with hazards on and received the blinker wink in return. Love that sportmanship.

Still think TM is prone to one small mistake causes 3-4 people to yardsale, but at least got some clean races in to wrap the weekend.

Saturday:
P4 (Q P7)
P4 (Q P4)

Sunday:
Win (Q P5)
P3 (Q P5)
Win (Q P2)
Win (Q P2)
P9 (Q P14 after moving back up to B/S in a lobby with 4 A rated drivers)

Definitely feel like I belong in the upper end of B. Just had to get back there after my DR was destroyed by wrecks earlier this week.

Last edited:
Back to daily races after several months and I've lost my SR S for the first time. Just four or five races and it has dropped to really low A although I've barely been involved in crashes: a pair of bumps to some cars that had already lost control right infront of me (with no penalty) and a 0,5 penalty for shortcutting Trial Mountain first corner. I understand nothing.

I'll repeat what I said last week (or the week before): for a great ego boost, do some Q laps 4 hours after the tracks change:

1701087015850.png

Yeah, I'm 457 in the world type of good. Sure. But sarcasm aside, it seeps into the back of your mind that you're not so bad after all. Lasts for a few hours. :lol: Sort of like a drug hit - or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Here's a time-trial tip on this week's Daily Race B at Monza. This tip is for for DR B and lower drivers, who also like to turn on the braking zones:

Believe the zones, if you're using the Mazda. If anything consider braking slightly earlier.

I wasted a good half hour this morning because I could not get my mind to believe I couldn't go slightly past the start of the braking zones. So brake earlier - it's easier to creep up on the right braking zone than it is to constantly restart. Normally this is where I'd say "ask me how I know", except I just told you. :lol:

Still think TM is prone to one small mistake causes 3-4 people to yardsale
So true! Either that, or the ones behind you are like sharks smelling chum in the water.
Back to daily races after several months and I've lost my SR S for the first time. Just four or five races and it has dropped to really low A
Don't feel too bad. This week was tough on SR. Actually, I think the last few weeks have been hard on SR - or maybe even ever since the update.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Genesis Rock

Gran Turismo 7’s newest selection of Daily Races is now available, with three fresh events to carry players through the next week and across the Gran Turismo World Series World Final weekend...

I'm so ready for this week. Not because of anything particulary new in the game itself, but because my PS5 Slim came in yesterday. Finally i've got a next gen console!

The loading times and 60fps are actually insane, it's like a new world that's opening up. The adaptive triggers are honestly a game changer. The feeling of the car is so much better than with a DS4. Think this might finally get me into A+.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
PMK
I'm so ready for this week. Not because of anything particulary new in the game itself, but because my PS5 Slim came in yesterday. Finally i've got a next gen console!

The loading times and 60fps are actually insane, it's like a new world that's opening up. The adaptive triggers are honestly a game changer. The feeling of the car is so much better than with a DS4. Think this might possibly finally get me into A+.
Something went wrong with your attachment. In any case, awesome!

Been away from GT7 Sport for a bit as I focused on single player, TTs and family over Thanksgiving.

Sardegna Road C Reverse I love but non-DR but SR on that circuit sounds like a recipe for disaster. Might give that one go and then avoid. Group 4 around Monza? No thanks...

Race C sounds like it could be the race for me this week. I like GVH in group 3. That said, I will be likely enjoying being competitive in DR B by the end of the week as my A decline continues... I'm just not fast enough for A.

Last edited:
Gonna miss Trial Mountain. I fared pretty well there this week:
Gran Turismo® 7_20231126164407.jpg

There were a couple races in particular that really stood out. Shared those in-game (Search: mellofello9, no capture device...we'll see what Santa can do 🤣) and, IMHO, embody what we come here for. The one titled 'Sportsmanship:101' was the kind of racing you hope to watch IRL. On the final lap P2 nicked the inside at the hairpin after the first tunnel. I was too close to react/avoid and pushed them into the opposing wall. Given I rear-ended them, I gave the position back. Get to the start/finish straight and they yield the position back at the line.

Was funny, mid-way through the race a message popped-up from P2: "Immense Pressure" To be honest, a couple months ago I wasn't even capable of applying pressure to people, let alone on an 'immense' scale. Best part? At the end of it all I got a friend request. I mean, THAT'S what this is all about if you ask me. I know, I know...you didn't ask. Too bad. 😁

Gotta get to work on those licenses, tho. :cheers:

Shared those in-game (Search: mellofello9, no capture device...we'll see what Santa can do 🤣)
You don't need a capture device. You can record live and then share to YouTube all from within PS5. Either record your race or you can playback your replay to record that. Then after recording, jump to the media browser, share and post. If you want to get fancy there is even a video editor for basic edits in PS5.

If you're PS4 then I don't know but I suspect there is something similar.

You don't need a capture device. You can record live and then share to YouTube all from within PS5. Either record your race or you can playback your replay to record that. Then after recording, jump to the media browser, share and post. If you want to get fancy there is even a video editor for basic edits in PS5.

If you're PS4 then I don't know but I suspect there is something similar.
Thanks for the advice...will have to see what I can do in the PS4. To be honest, never really did anything worth sharing so never bothered with it. 🤣

:cheers:

Back