GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,317 comments
I pulled up two Ferrari 458 replays from the leaderboard for daily race C, and both of them plow straight into the wall on the last turn. šŸ™„ Evidently, thereā€™s no penalty and itā€™s the fastest way around. No thanks.

Yeah just noticed that myself - I thought 'he can brake really late!' then watched him bounce off the wall. Kinda sucks, as my honest time has me start around 12th - to be anywhere in first couple of rows I'd need to be wall riding.

Last edited:
Yeah just noticed that myself - I thought 'he can brake really late!' then watched him bounce off the wall. Kinda sucks, as my honest time has me start around 12th - to be anywhere in first couple of rows I'd need to be wall riding.
I thought the same thing. I kept pausing the replay to see exactly where theyā€™d start braking. šŸ˜‚

Looks like a good time for me go get back to some Sport mode races since Trial Mountain is back in rotation. I'm in the Porsche and have a time of 1:56.6XX so far. My optimal time is 1:55.9XX or something like that. Might be a short week for me with the holiday coming up but I might see what happens tomorrow and go from there.

I've came on here to mention exactly this. I mean i suppose it is just a game and everyone is free to do whatever the game allows to gain as much advantage as possible, although why the game allows this and how folk find out a way to this and are comfortable with it is beyond me. If your interested in seeing 2 examples (one top time, one top 4wd) then ive uploaded them at the links below.

Wall Rider 1

Wall Rider 2

1700535112514.png

First win I've had in about a month - not surprising since for most of that time I was a low DR A, and rarely started in the top half. Now I'm back to DR B, and starting P2 is a lot more fun. And since I'm only at 84%, I should be enjoying quite a few more high-up starts before (or if) I manage to get back to A.

Been kind of a wild ride:

1700537012693.png

Has anyone done Trial Mountain this week with the BRZ - the actual race? Because I started out P1, and the 911's blew past me on the first set of turns. I ended up eventually getting knocked clear back to P9, but I scrounged my way back to P4, complete with FL.

I'm chicken to try it again in the BRZ, because that was fairly humiliating. I guess I'll try the 911 and see how I do with it.
The 911 is normally my go to, I had a race yesterday lunch, started p4 with all 911 in front and we ended up all finishing in our starting positions šŸ¤Ø maybe Iā€™ll try the GTR today

911 is feeling pretty good in B race tonight. Took about an hour to get my time down and have consistent laps.

Went racing completed 3 of 4 races. All were clean and fair but race 1, I had a disconnect on lap 4 while in p6 šŸ¤¬ DNF not by my wishes.

Next three races were clean and great chases going on. Finished with p5-p4-p5 so if it was earlier on a week night and I had confidence in my Starlink this evening it would be a great time making hay.
Felt good to even up for the evening rather than taking a step backwards due to the disconnect šŸ˜Ž

Yes. I experienced exactly that. Started 7, but down to 13 after the long tunnel on lap 1, cleanly passed, no incidents or similar. Finished 8 after a massive lap four last hairpin massacre just in front of me.

Did about 10 Q-laps today on race B. Got 1.52.9 and a position of 1299, my personal best ever. In races I seem to struggle though, BRZ gets out braked everywhere, and passed by the 911's on the straights. I tried the 911, but it is understeering like hell, not sure what I do wrong, seems like all breaking points are either mis judged by me and I break to late, or the entire track is in a constant downhill (some sort of warped space perhaps).

Super happy with the Q time, but the races... People are passing me left and right, also where it shouldn't be possible :-) Need to get some more races under the hood, and build some race speed.
If I remember correctly, the BRZ has good top end and carries speed really well through the corners, but has slow acceleration. Makes it a great qually weapon but vulnerable in a race (particularly off the start), harder to get back up to race-pace if you get forced off-line.

I am enjoying the NSX this week, its very stable and close to 911 pace.

I thought the same thing. I kept pausing the replay to see exactly where theyā€™d start braking. šŸ˜‚
You'd have thought after a few years of this they would have sorted wall riding. And in a way which doesn't give you a 5 second penalty for being punted into a wall.

That would have been insanity on such a short track. It definitely should have been done!

Funny how @Tidgney was spouting the Mazda in his video this morning. Seems most people ignore him? :lol:
Haha, I definitely still think the Mazda is a car to be raced here, one of the few cars that can actually overtake the others and once you're passed in the Mazda unless it's a car based on speed you're not getting back past.

Haha, I definitely still think the Mazda is a car to be raced here, one of the few cars that can actually overtake the others and once you're passed in the Mazda unless it's a car based on speed you're not getting back past.
Did not get much seat time yesterday (wife's birthday and all..) but the Mazda was actually my fastest lap for C.

I'm still getting the last hairpin inconsistent though. I can be .6s up entering that with a good first part of the lap, only to watch it all drift away if I don't nail that last corner...

PS. glad they took the wall bounce glitch away. Just spotted that yesterday and that was just wrong...

Last edited:
Full disclosure: The race before this, I started P1, and finished P12. Stuck a tire in the grass on the back end of lap 1.

This is only the second time I've scored a trifecta, that wasn't during the "glitch" phase.

1700592494472.png

I'm proud of this because I had to work my tail off to get FL on the last lap. Someone else had set a pretty decent FL time, and I knew I had to bear down to get it.

And what do you know? I didn't screw up!

Honestly kinda burnt out on the Dailies. There's rarely a competitive race that contains multiple strategies and is a lot of fun and they keep reusing the same damn races or tracks. World Series Manufacturers Cup was so much fun that my standards lie at that level now.

Time to go back to Bloodborne and act like a Bazillionaire in GTA V with friends for this week.

Last edited:
Have had a few good races in daily B, running the 458 in a sea of 911s.
Its top end is not as fast as the 911 but you can brake much later and get on the power quicker. No wins but starting to climb DR A with top 5 finishes.
If you find the 911 hard to turn into the corners try the 458 with B/B at -3, for me it works great, now with a QT of 1.51.776

I just had a guy take me out intentionally - twice in the same race. As I was sitting on the side of the track, trying to decide WTH happened, he chatted and said I brake-checked him.

I checked the replay, and it was when I had just passed through a couple of cars who wrecked, and I had pretty severe damage. He came around to late to see my damage, so he assumed I was slowing down for a corner to brake check him.

It's really frustrating because I was looking forward to some fun races. Instead, my hands are shaking and I know I can't drive like this. I know I should let it go, and I will, but it's not something I can just shake off.

So instead of having fun racing, I'll do other things. Which sucks.

@Tidgney I saw your issue of the wheel disconnect in your latest video on race C.

I did post in the comments but it disappeared or was marked as span due to the link in it, but what solved my axle drift/disconnects on my DD GT Pro was this (1.25" clamp size):

Since I junked the Fanatec clamp and installed this I've had no more disconnects.

I did my usual 3 races that I do for Race B tonight. i did drop my qualifying time down to a 1:53.4XX which is great as that moved me up the grid a few spots.

Race 1 had me start in P6 and I was a bit rusty at the start. I got into the back of P5 a few times but not enough to send them off the racing line. Other that those few bumps, it was nice clean race by everyone. No major problems as it was a nice hard fought race by all. I finish P5. Apparently my bumps lowered my SR? I had the down arrow after the race.

Race 2 put me P4 on the grid. Some chaos on the opening lap with drivers everywhere into the first few turns. I get punted in turn 12 by accident as the driver behind me missed the brake point. they waited for me to get going again so that was cool. They did apologize after the race. I do climb the field and get back to P7 in the end. The pole sitter dropped to the back and was causing a mess to other drivers. I wonder if there was some problems in the previous race.

Race 3 was clean like the first and I start P7 this time. I take advantage of mistakes and finish P4 in the end. Nothing exciting to report aside from the VGT Peugeot that was making some desperate attempts to pass me. That car is quick in a straight line, but I was able to get away in the corners.

Overall a good return to the daily races. I do enjoy racing at Trial Mountian and I hope I can get back during the week. I did have an "a-ha!" moment on how to get around corners faster and carry more exit speed that I was slowly figuring out during the GTWS. It finally "clicked" in my brain on how to do it on a regular basis. I do need to practice that more and that should get me a bit faster in the future.

Looks like I'm done for this week. The guy is in every lobby I am, and he just won't leave me alone. See y'all next week.
Well that really blows šŸ¤¬
I get how it makes you feel because I had that close to a year ago now and I stopped for a bit too before I could truly enjoy it again.

Heā€™ll find the next victim and be on with things. Hopefully you shake it off and get back in there at a different at time of day and regain the fun you were having!

Bullies suck.

After getting the Alfa into the 47.6S for C it took me over an hour to finally get the 458 to beat it. Then it dropped quick from there.

IMG_7548.jpeg

I wonā€™t be able to do this pace in race though.

Typically I lap 47.9 and with fuel Iā€™d guess Iā€™d be lucky to do a 48.5.

Iā€™ll try racing tomorrow.

Honestly was looking forward to trying dailies this week but I can't figure out why now. Done 3 race Bs on 2 different nights each. 6 races. Have not had a clean race yet. Multiple times tonight I get on the inside of the car down the straight, almost completely even as we head to the braking zone and every time they turn in as if I'm not there. I'm on the apex of those 2 odd 90Ā° corners in the final sector? Nope, they're sure they have room to shove it up the inside.

It's just sad. I used to love doing the dailies. They were a huge part of why I was hooked on the game. Now it's just an awful mess of rammers in the middle lobbies. And now my SR is dying. Don't care about DR, but SR used to matter to me. So far the racing has been the same in the "clean" split as the dirty one.

@Tidgney I saw your issue of the wheel disconnect in your latest video on race C.

I did post in the comments but it disappeared or was marked as span due to the link in it, but what solved my axle drift/disconnects on my DD GT Pro was this (1.25" clamp size):

Since I junked the Fanatec clamp and installed this I've had no more disconnects.

Ahh ye that's an automatic thing I have set up so that those annoying bots don't post dodgy links. Absolutely fantastic, it's not been to much of an issue, however if it happens again I will definitely invest into this and it's something I'm bringing up in the review. Big thankyou for this, appreciate it!

Honestly was looking forward to trying dailies this week but I can't figure out why now. Done 3 race Bs on 2 different nights each. 6 races. Have not had a clean race yet. Multiple times tonight I get on the inside of the car down the straight, almost completely even as we head to the braking zone and every time they turn in as if I'm not there. I'm on the apex of those 2 odd 90Ā° corners in the final sector? Nope, they're sure they have room to shove it up the inside.

It's just sad. I used to love doing the dailies. They were a huge part of why I was hooked on the game. Now it's just an awful mess of rammers in the middle lobbies. And now my SR is dying. Don't care about DR, but SR used to matter to me. So far the racing has been the same in the "clean" split as the dirty one.
Iā€™m sorry to hear about your experiences in B race this week. Iā€™ve been having the exact opposite experience and been taking note of the great sportsmanship and race craft even on the final lap. I have been starting anywhere from 9th to 5th so that does play a part.

Done more daily races this week than I have in a long time because now gtws races are done and nothing to prepare for. Happy so far with how B is going and I hope you get some better races soon.

Been quite some time since Iā€™ve been somewhat competitive here but when it works, the racing is so much fun.

Edit: @Redneckchef maybe try your NA account before giving it up for this week ? Hate it when matchups are in dirty lobbies. GL

Last edited:
Iā€™m sorry to hear about your experiences in B race this week. Iā€™ve been having the exact opposite experience and been taking note of the great sportsmanship and race craft even on the final lap. I have been starting anywhere from 9th to 5th so that does play a part.

Done more daily races this week than I have in a long time because now gtws races are done and nothing to prepare for. Happy so far with how B is going and I hope you get some better races soon.

Been quite some time since Iā€™ve been somewhat competitive here but when it works, the racing is so much fun.
I just wrapped-up a race there and have had a similar experience as you, great race. To be fair, though, I started P4 so I wasn't in the mid-pack chaos. Still, side-by-side and surviving the last chicane says a LOT about the quality of drivers I've found myself on the grid with.

That is not to imply that the soulless race crashers aren't ruining worlds on consoles around the globe. Only meant to imply that it is actually POSSIBLE to have good races in there.šŸ‘

I think I'm starting to find my pace here. Haven't done much driving on this layout and have done even less racing on it. This place has all of the features I love about the 'Ring, just without the charming, goat-path like surface.šŸ¤£

:cheers:

I had exactly this! Got stuck right behind one (a USA TCR chap actually) for 16 laps! Twice he made a mistake entering the long straight and I got ahead, only for him to drive right past again. In the next race we were P1 and P2 on the grid so I pitted right away, while he waited til lap 19 - I just managed to get 2 seconds ahead as he exited the pits.

Last edited:
Looks like a good time for me go get back to some Sport mode races since Trial Mountain is back in rotation. I'm in the Porsche and have a time of 1:56.6XX so far. My optimal time is 1:55.9XX or something like that. Might be a short week for me with the holiday coming up but I might see what happens tomorrow and go from there.
Itā€™s evolving fast, Iā€™ve been doing 10 min quali and the 1230 race each day this week in the 911 and Iā€™ve hit a 1.53.755 and starting p9 at best

Latest Posts

Back