GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,358 comments
True, he does seem rather notorius, why the hell hasn't he been banned? So how do you deal with a driver like him?
Revenge attack? Seems he doesn't care about that, he probably just takes it as a sign his dirty driving is having the desired effect, and the knock on effects will ruin other peoples races.
When he's faster, let him through, then smile as he takes out the drivers ahead of you?
When he's in the way is the trickier one, you know what's coming if you try a clean pass. So punt him wide, then slip through? Pit manouver him before he has time to get you first?
I just put him in a wall when I see him because it's funny. I don't really see the point in hoping that he'll drive clean with me because I know he wont, so I'll run him wide or spin him out lol.

I'm genuinely astonished this is the first time you've heard of him. He's absolutely notororious in the community, I don't know any regular player that doesn't know of him.
Hilarious driver though - I have a mate that's mates with him and he'll hop into his lobbies sometimes and he's the fastest, cleanest driver in the world. Absolute enigma of a man.
It's bizzare. He's a very capable driver, as evidenced by his recovery drives to get back into A/A+ before terrorising everyone again. Sure, we all have moments of wanting to shunt someone because they're racing unfairly but there's far more satisfaction in a good, well fought race.

Different note; these dailies look pretty poor. I'll be sticking to the new Yakuza game again this week I think.

If people stopping tolerating these drivers and stopped making them (in)famous, they'd go away. Except the occasional mentally ill one, but you're talking about a guy who gets away with it because everyone waits for him to be dirty first rather than just hoying him off, and then talks about how dirty he is in multiple half-hour vids - which is what gets him off.

But certain YouTubers gotta get their 😱-face emoji videos, so...

There's nothing like doing a Qualifying early Monday morning. Great for the ego:

1700485544181.png

A poor week this week. Nothing really seems to be new and even the original race is Race A so doesn't interest me.
I know this week's race B at Trial Mountain is a duplicate from a couple of months ago, but this week is only the second time we've had Gr.3's at this track going this direction (for Race B):

1700485327868.png

I know trial mtn is near the top of everyone's favorite track, but I have never gotten along with it, gr.3, gr.4, doesn't matter. To my surprise, I've posted a respectable time (amg), at least for a monday morning. But I am wildly, insanely inconsistent here. My average lap and my optimum are separated by the grand canyon. Still, I had a decent first race in a mixed AB lobby this morning, although, true-to-form, I gave up P4 by missing apexes on lap 4. I'll keep plugging away and see if I can decipher this track.

Has anyone done Trial Mountain this week with the BRZ - the actual race? Because I started out P1, and the 911's blew past me on the first set of turns. I ended up eventually getting knocked clear back to P9, but I scrounged my way back to P4, complete with FL.

I'm chicken to try it again in the BRZ, because that was fairly humiliating. I guess I'll try the 911 and see how I do with it.

Has anyone done Trial Mountain this week with the BRZ - the actual race? Because I started out P1, and the 911's blew past me on the first set of turns. I ended up eventually getting knocked clear back to P9, but I scrounged my way back to P4, complete with FL.

I'm chicken to try it again in the BRZ, because that was fairly humiliating. I guess I'll try the 911 and see how I do with it.
The BRZ has really poor launches, so that's about to be expected for it. You can pounce on it really early, but it's good once it gets going.

I know this week's race B at Trial Mountain is a duplicate from a couple of months ago, but this week is only the second time we've had Gr.3's at this track going this direction (for Race B):
Meh, doesn't really matter to me. It's still TM and reverse is worse. I'm not quick here in either direction so whilst I agree it is the best race this week (Only because LM will be a Mazda 3 fest, and there is no point doing non DR races) it will still not agree with me.

Meh, not a huge fan of Trial Mountain, but had it been 6 laps and mediums I might be more enthusiastic. At least there's no tuning so I can just play around with jumping in different cars.

Race C is ok, but I wish it had been quicker cars, as once the race settles down with everybody at a similar pace then it's hard to make or lose any positions unless anyone makes a big mistake. 30 laps of Gr2 or the SF cars again would have been interesting.

Might actually give Race A a go this week...

Meh, doesn't really matter to me. It's still TM and reverse is worse. I'm not quick here in either direction so whilst I agree it is the best race this week (Only because LM will be a Mazda 3 fest, and there is no point doing non DR races) it will still not agree with me.
C is mostly 155s, several 458s. I had similar pace in the 650. Not a Mazda in sight!!! :)

Last edited:
If people stopping tolerating these drivers and stopped making them (in)famous, they'd go away. Except the occasional mentally ill one, but you're talking about a guy who gets away with it because everyone waits for him to be dirty first rather than just hoying him off, and then talks about how dirty he is in multiple half-hour vids - which is what gets him off.

But certain YouTubers gotta get their 😱-face emoji videos, so...
I think there is a level of autism at play, especially with the pace they "can" run at.

Usually I don't have many problems with some of the things/people we are vaguely discussing but occasionally...yeah they get hell bent.

The language they use in the lobbies is self promoting and almost always in caps with self edifying grandeur. I don't think YouTube infamy is what they really want. I think it's control and chaos. Possibly even fear. But it's interesting to consider the psychology side of things. You can't really get a sense of what their motivation is, they can be top 100 fairly consistently so why trash b lobbies on the way back up?

Horses for courses and all that I just find their motivation seemingly not driven by YT fame but something deeper.

I know not the most exciting but as someone who's been on the road working and not able to play until over the holidays, I welcome these less technical races or familiar ones....it helps to ease back into it without feeling totally behind....by Friday I'll be competitive in the B/C lobbies.... everyone have a safe week if you're traveling for Thanksgiving......eat lots of turkey and then pass out lol...🦃🦃🍽️🍽️🍽️

Last edited:

Yes. I experienced exactly that. Started 7, but down to 13 after the long tunnel on lap 1, cleanly passed, no incidents or similar. Finished 8 after a massive lap four last hairpin massacre just in front of me.

Did about 10 Q-laps today on race B. Got 1.52.9 and a position of 1299, my personal best ever. In races I seem to struggle though, BRZ gets out braked everywhere, and passed by the 911's on the straights. I tried the 911, but it is understeering like hell, not sure what I do wrong, seems like all breaking points are either mis judged by me and I break to late, or the entire track is in a constant downhill (some sort of warped space perhaps).

Super happy with the Q time, but the races... People are passing me left and right, also where it shouldn't be possible :-) Need to get some more races under the hood, and build some race speed.

Race C is ok, but I wish it had been quicker cars, as once the race settles down with everybody at a similar pace then it's hard to make or lose any positions unless anyone makes a big mistake. 30 laps of Gr2 or the SF cars again would have been interesting.
That would have been insanity on such a short track. It definitely should have been done!
C is mostly 155s, several 458s. I had similar pace in the 650. Not a Mazda in sight!!! :)
Funny how @Tidgney was spouting the Mazda in his video this morning. Seems most people ignore him? :lol:

Yes. I experienced exactly that. Started 7, but down to 13 after the long tunnel on lap 1, cleanly passed, no incidents or similar. Finished 8 after a massive lap four last hairpin massacre just in front of me.

Did about 10 Q-laps today on race B. Got 1.52.9 and a position of 1299, my personal best ever. In races I seem to struggle though, BRZ gets out braked everywhere, and passed by the 911's on the straights. I tried the 911, but it is understeering like hell, not sure what I do wrong, seems like all breaking points are either mis judged by me and I break to late, or the entire track is in a constant downhill (some sort of warped space perhaps).

Super happy with the Q time, but the races... People are passing me left and right, also where it shouldn't be possible :-) Need to get some more races under the hood, and build some race speed.
The bop for TM really favours longer geared cars.

Hence the 911 or Mazda vision are solid (the Mazda vision being the circuit experience car helps as you can re do sections over and over again with consistent performance and handling)

The rcz and the brz and a few others really suit twistier tracks because they have shorter ratios and narrower power bands.

I haven't tried the 911 yet but I assume it's super strong in the high speed mid corner areas and braking zones.

Funny how @Tidgney was spouting the Mazda in his video this morning. Seems most people ignore him? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

May be popular in the higher levels, but only seen 2 or 3 Mazdas in my last 4 races. I'm quite enjoying the 458 - I can't get the 155 to turn very well

May be popular in the higher levels, but only seen 2 or 3 Mazdas in my last 4 races. I'm quite enjoying the 458 - I can't get the 155 to turn very well
[/QUOTE]

It's not popular in the higher times or levels.

It's spiritual grandfather the 155 is much better being 4wd and the LSD allows for much better exits.

I could be wrong, but I think it might have to do with how early he gets his videos out. I'm thinking he can only guess at the meta, because it's still too early to see any real results.

EDIT: I just switched to the 911 at TM, and although my times through the first sector of the track are somewhat slower than the BRZ, I've improved my QT several times already. And in the actual race, it holds its own just fine. Started P2, finished P2 - still have to learn the car on the track with cold tires and a full tank of gas. It drove a little like the track was icy, but not too bad. Of course, my lead foot doesn't help. "Finesse, thy name is NOT Grumpy Old Man."

Last edited:
On a scale of 1 to 10, my level of optimism for this week (Race B) stands at a marvellous -3 !! A negative point for each race so far...

Race 1 - I don't set a qualy time and start in P15, which is of course what I expected. I randomly chose the Renault and was doing great! Up 6 positions and heading into the last 4 corners of the last lap, P8 out-brakes himself and I graciously accept his gift. As we head into the last chicane onto the start/ finish straight, he deliberately rams me into the wall, PD physics also step in, turning a head on barrier collision into a full on 270 spin - I am facing backwards and finish last. Thanks!

Race 2 - I set a 1:53:3 with the NSX and start 12th. Even though I am A/S in ratings, the lobby is split in 2 - Top 10 are all A+/ S, the rest (except me) and all A or B rated (DR) but A or B in SR?!?! Goes without saying, I didn't even make it out of turn 1. Finish last again.

Race 3 - I hopped into my trusty 650S and instantly go over half a second faster and set a 1:52:7 on my first attempt! The race starts, I am in P9. By the end of lap 1, I am in P6 and just 3 sec off the lead. Guy in front has 1 red bar connection and goes from 6 car lengths in front of me to literally on top of my car!! I crash (yet somehow, he pings 100m in front) and as I am almost completing my third full-360, I rage quit the race.

Was around 60% progress from A to A+ before all this and now I barely have an A rating, just hanging on... I am so looking forward to the coming days... 🚽 ⚰️💩😭

Might need a short holiday to recover from all this trauma! Heard the weather in hell is lovely this time of the year...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 00.11.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 00.11.07.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back