GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,365 comments
Time for an update on participation stats!

As a reminder, these are the number of people who qualified for a specific daily, rounded to the nearest 100. Data collected from the GT Sport Mode leaderboard pages (I only looked at number of pages, which is why the numbers are rounded). Obviously, qualifying != racing, but it's the best data we're going to get. The line indicates where I stopped last time, so anything above that is new data.

I have bolded races that are Gr.3. That's so you can see the most obvious point from this data - there's a big set of users who show up for Gr.3 and nothing else. So to anyone wanting PD to offer more variety in their car choices... I'm sorry.

The two biggest spikes in Race A are Tsukuba in the Kart, and Route X - all three SSRX races are top 10 Race As by this metric. The one tuning race in the Corolla (16/10) is also of note - it did fine, it didn't seem to really have any effect either way on numbers.

w/cRace ARace BRace C
2023-11-06246005420036600
2023-10-30213006120058600
2023-10-23222007090036900
2023-10-16280006690037200
2023-10-09364005620050600
2023-10-02260005030050000
2023-09-25209006410038100
2023-09-18292006380039000
2023-09-11245005650053900
2023-09-04287006730035300
2023-08-28353005580059300
2023-08-21229006940033000
2023-08-14258005630059700
2023-08-07291005640047800
2023-07-31425005640042800
2023-07-24341005540036200
------------
2023-07-17276005830034100
2023-07-10252005250040100
2023-07-03357005250037800
2023-06-26259005080049300
2023-06-19283006110038600
2023-06-12218005650042700
2023-06-05345006290041000
2023-05-29520003290041100
2023-05-22281006040029400
2023-05-15240005330058200
2023-05-08485006020040200
2023-05-01475005070058100
2023-04-24259006680040200
2023-04-17353005410048800
2023-04-10387006550046200
2023-04-03400006490054000
2023-03-27148004210035700
2023-03-20513006790038600
2023-03-13365005990043800
2023-03-06468006550035400
2023-02-27322005490045200
2023-02-20304006570034000

GT7 Glitch in the system?

So, there I was gaining a whole load of 'clean races' watching the progress bar of my SR rating S go up and up... almost to the very end.

However, after my last B race just before lunch today, a 3rd in the race was accompanied by a 'Clean Race' bonus so was quite shocked to see the progress bar had re-set to Zero!

Is this normal or should the progress bar stay at max until I commit an unfortunate indiscretion?

So, there I was gaining a whole load of 'clean races' watching the progress bar of my SR rating S go up and up... almost to the very end.

However, after my last B race just before lunch today, a 3rd in the race was accompanied by a 'Clean Race' bonus so was quite shocked to see the progress bar had re-set to Zero!

Is this normal or should the progress bar stay at max until I commit an unfortunate indiscretion?
If it was filling and then went completely blank at 'S' that means your bar is full. If you jump into a race and indiscriminately torpedo someone quick, when you check again you'll see your bar is now only partially filled.

Please don't test that theory. 🤣

:cheers:

Last edited:

The clean race bonus doesn't always calculate in race moments correctly, you can wall ride and still get "clean race"

I would guarantee if you shared the race replay we would see unsafe driving from you which is why your SR rating has dropped

This is the right answer
If it was filling and then went completely blank at 'S' that means your bar is full. If you jump into a race and indiscriminately torpedo someone quick, when you check again you'll see your bar is now only partially filled.

This is not
The clean race bonus doesn't always calculate in race moments correctly, you can wall ride and still get "clean race"

I would guarantee if you shared the race replay we would see unsafe driving from you which is why your SR rating has dropped

I am on the 'no more tuning' train. Get rid of it for Gr cars. A dedicated tuning race every once in a while? Sure, have at it. But not every week and not on the race cars.
What I loved from GT7 sport mode was that kind of "plug and play" system.
When you have a job and a family to attend theres no much time left for testing different tunes on different cars to see wich one matches your driving style.
At least I dont have that hours to spend.

Bizarre choice of track for Race C next week, and just 1x for both Tyres and Fuel. I was hoping for something good to get my teeth stuck into once the Championships are over.

A: Willow Strings International: Streets of Willow Springs reverse
B: Trial Mountain Circuit
C: Lago Maggoire - Centre

Last edited:
Bizarre choice of track for Race C next week, and just 1x for both Tyres and Fuel. I was hoping for something good to my teeth stuck into once the Championships are over.

Maggiore forever!!! We will soon be calling it "Maggiore Mode" instead of "Sport Mode" 😂

Bizarre choice of track for Race C next week, and just 1x for both Tyres and Fuel. I was hoping for something good to my teeth stuck into once the Championships are over.

Next week there is a holiday in the US so I was definitely going to have some extra time to play........ or not. Guess I'll start MW3 instead. What a joke these Dailies are.

Bizarre choice of track for Race C next week, and just 1x for both Tyres and Fuel. I was hoping for something good to get my teeth stuck into once the Championships are over.

Assuming they go with Gr.3 for 'B' and Gr.4 for 'C' it stands to offer some decent racing at least. Sure the hairpins of Maggi' Center are gonna make for a door banger event, but the racing could still be decent. It's worked for Touring Car Championships around the world for decades, after all. 🤣

I am a bit of a dork for Trial Mountain so always happy to see that one pop-up. Again, with Gr.3's anyway, plenty of good times to be had. I don't typically mess with 'A' so have no opinion on that one.

All of this being IMHO, of course.

Race C had better be Gr.3 or faster. That combo is always a blast in Race B. I hope it's gonna be at least 25 laps.

Thanks and I'll try not to test your theory.

Yes, I understand that the bar has gone as far as it can so why doesn't it just stay 'full' instead of effectively going back to Zero. Because that looks like I've been a complete **** and smashed everyone in sight for an entire race, so lost all of my S progress.

I am enjoying the Lago Maggiore circuit so far in Daily B this week, although my qualification pace is a lot better than my race pace..it is usually the other way around. Thankfully, it is not a Mazda 3 dominated event like I thought it would be.

I just seem to be prone to getting dive-bombed, and I don't if its bad luck, or a lack of defense/awareness on my part.

What ends up happening is, I get shoved off-line on a corner via a parcel from downtown, and then after I have lost speed, the driver behind that one does the exact same thing next corner. This process repeats ad infintum. I was 5th on the grid this morning and got systematically bullied down to 14th by drivers just shoving me off line one after the other. Sure they get penalties, but that doesn't help my race any.

Any advice for arresting the slide down the pack once you lose momentum?
This is a mental exercise! Get defensive coming into corners, and hope they plan their braking correctly. We race with a lot of non-racers. I like to plan for that in my races. I qualy decent--but my race pace is far much better than most. Once you get passed--just fall back in line--keep your eyes on your own markers--not their bumper. If your eyes are on on their car--then you will do everything they do...correct and incorrect. If they overshoot--you will too and another car will swoop in past you. Odds are the guy behind you does not have the patience to take you on corner exit and feel they must take on entry. So if you have someone on your bumper let them shoot inside and blow the turn--you continue on.

Each car is just an obstacle to you finishing your race as quickly as possible. Plan for others mistakes. When you make a mistake--don't think about it--get your eyes onto the next corner. And work on holding position when stuck on the outside. If you get good at these points you won't have to worry about someone diving into the inside, because you planned for corner exit and not the fastest entry.

I ramble and this was a ramble but should have some points in here to try!

Actually, Alex, I would have to have obliterated the entire field in one race to go from 97/98% (not sure what the increment stats are) full bar to zero. So no, you won't see any unsafe driving at all. One race will not produce that kind of drop in DR rating.

Thanks and I'll try not to test your theory.

Yes, I understand that the bar has gone as far as it can so why doesn't it just stay 'full' instead of effectively going back to Zero. Because that looks like I've been a complete **** and smashed everyone in sight for an entire race, so lost all of my S progress.
Pretty sure it's a bug with how it is displaying once completely full. In so far as that goes, I have not EVER seen the bar in that particular state (completely blank) at ANY other time. There's always something there. So it might not be a bug at all, it's just not the visual representation that was/is expected when something is full. It looks empty.🙃

Then again, maybe we're all idiots and it's really a grand social experiment to sort us between the pessimists and optimists. Then they can grant Dr/Sr on perceived attitudes. Conspiracy theory 'GO!'....🤣

Last edited:
Actually, Alex, I would have to have obliterated the entire field in one race to go from 97/98% (not sure what the increment stats are) full bar to zero. So no, you won't see any unsafe driving at all. One race will not produce that kind of drop in DR rating.
Brother you seem to always have issues with sport mode races so hey would love to see some video evidence of these races that you’re being hard done by

I can see the appeal of the Lamborghini Huracan. It pretty quick and there’s spots where it is faster than the Silvia but others are slower.

The trouble I have with it, is that it is very hard to get a completely clean lap. It loses traction pretty easily and forget about full brakes unless you’re in a straight line. So far my best was a 2:06.5 with mistakes so still a few tenths off my PB.

For me, the Sylvia is still faster, and”safer” to driver, but it just doesn’t seem to do so well in the race.
Typically in MR the more you can maintain some throttle while making a turn, the more stable and overall better they turn in. Then acceleration out of the corner the Huracan is really good. Last turn requires early setup to touch the inside curb and it pulls great to the line.

I figured you’d kill my times by using your left foot braking skills. 👍
I’m not at that level so don’t know how much it helps this car. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Typically in MR the more you can maintain some throttle while making a turn, the more stable and overall better they turn in. Then acceleration out of the corner the Huracan is really good. Last turn requires early setup to touch the inside curb and it pulls great to the line.

I figured you’d kill my times by using your left foot braking skills. 👍
I’m not at that level so don’t know how much it helps this car. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Gr 4 Huracan is a mid-engine AWD, not MR though. Honestly though, I have no idea how much difference that makes.

Last edited:
The Gr 4 Huracan is a mid-engine AWD, not MR though. Honestly though, I have no idea how much difference that makes.
Not much as there was a WRX in my race that won from 3rd (I was pole) so maybe the bop is actually there now but no one is brave enough to venture the rest of the car set?

Have to say I'm enjoying Race B this week, even when I'm at the back end of the field. It is a bit crashy mind you. Been trying with the Silvia and 458, now leaning towards the former will upload some more replays tomorrow methinks:

Edit: here's one of them:

Last edited:
LoL
Thanks for pointing that out as I should have stated it as mentioned. Yes, mid-engine.

The 4wd is where it feels like a big advantage is because it get right on with corner exits.

Not much as there was a WRX in my race that won from 3rd (I was pole) so maybe the bop is actually there now but no one is brave enough to venture the rest of the car set?
I did try the Evo and WRX but wasn’t able to squeeze good times from them with my driving style.

That first banked turn just wants to light up the fronts and make them useless for braking or exit if you aren’t careful with your inputs.

so was quite shocked to see the progress bar had re-set to Zero!
In case this hasn't been answered thoroughly (or correctly): When your SR is at 100%, the progress bar looks like it's empty. Whether this is a bug or intentional I don't know. But it's definitely true.

By the way, I think this only happens with SR S, but I'm not positive. I'd be curious to know if it's true of A+ at 100%, but of course I have no idea how to test that.

It means it has all the advantages of an AWD and very little of the disadvantages. (i.e. less front tyre wear due to all the weight being at the back of the car.)

Have some time off next week, guess it won't be spent on GT7, uninspiring selection.

Surely a race D soon to accomodate their obsession with Maggoire

Thank you! I just dropped from 2:07.478 to 2:06.721, and to be honest, it was only about the 3rd time I actually completed the track (I kept losing it on the back couple of turns, until I understood the car better).

I haven't even messed with this, but I'll try it next.
Hey how did it go?

Hey how did it go?
I think it helps, but who's to say for sure? One hour during the day it helps. Then later on I can't come within a half second of my best time. This track frustrates me to no end. I just don't understand its nuances.

I mean, I ran behind one of the leader's ghost, and after the second turn (the hairpin), he just took off and I couldn't come close. Like I said, this track just messes with my mind.

I am in utter disbelief at the moment. I've not been as active in the forum this week because, with the exception of 1 or 2 races on Tuesday, the rest of my attempts to have a decent race have been impossible!

The amount of times the dirtiest, scummiest drivers out there ruined mine (and plenty of other people's) races and get away with nothing or a minor slap on the wrist... I cannot even count! I thought maybe today would be different, so I stupidly hopped into my 2nd account hoping for a fresh start... NOPE!

Started P14 at Lago and could already see the mayhem, mostly caused by one driver! He single-handedly took out half the field by the end of lap 1 and only a 0.5 sec penalty for going off track to show for it! Of course, I catch up and managed to overtake him. Soon after, he turns into me T1 and I survive and I think was up to P11 at that point. You cannot hear it in the replay but all he did was rest his finger on the horn button and push people off until he finally nails me by turning into me again start of lap 3 - THREE times! I was already spinning on the 2nd hit and he did it again for good measure 2 seconds later.

Disgrace on PD to still allow this to happen almost 2 years into the game's release...

Back