GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,399 comments
What do you base this on?
It's just how it works. Lobbies are pooled by SR first, so all the high SR drivers are pooled together, then filtered through by DR.

This is why you can drop an SR bracket and be in a completely different lobby, because SR takes priority; someone with higher SR and lower DR will still bump you out a spot (and in general, you'll be filtered out into a lower SR lobby).

Qualifying time doesn't come into it anywhere. All that determines is your starting position in your lobby.

I’m not sure I’ve done Grand Valley in reverse before. Are we expecting this to be group 4?
Assuming it is a Group 4 fuel saver as @Hasnain282 speculated, then what cars should we be expecting to do well.

I'm a bit confused now, when we had G4 the fuel saver at Autopolis I remember the Ferrari 458 worked well for me. Looking at @Windfire1010's tables here it's shown as the worst on fuel range. What about qualifying, I guess that may well favour something completely different to the race, what will suit those long flat out blasts?

IMG_20240114_080739_HDR.jpg

Seaside.

It's just how it works. Lobbies are pooled by SR first, so all the high SR drivers are pooled together, then filtered through by DR.

This is why you can drop an SR bracket and be in a completely different lobby, because SR takes priority; someone with higher SR and lower DR will still bump you out a spot (and in general, you'll be filtered out into a lower SR lobby).

Qualifying time doesn't come into it anywhere. All that determines is your starting position in your lobby.
Allegedly……

With a time of 46.3, I ended up in 5th position on the starting grid, with four guys ahead of me holding A ranks (PP 45.7), and two behind me as well. There's not much to say; unfortunately,

I died at the chicane.

But at least for two laps, I had a nice battle with a Czech competitor. Fighting for 6th place, I made a few mistakes, and the culmination was at CoD.

Still aiming for 46.0.

The second attempt was somewhat more decent. From 2nd to 2nd. The Brit held on in front of me throughout the distance, around 0.5s away; it was very tight. I launched a few attacks, but without success.

Still, a good performance in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of my result, I forgot.

How and where car we report awful players, pls?
I've been assaulted by a (Turkish) guy, while I was 2dn and I've finished last...
Seriously, the penalty sustem is just a joke.

Nevermind, i'll be more careful next time.

After a week of racing Seaside and somewhat disregarding my finishing positions, I've really tuned into the nuances of the section between the downhill right (Cruise Corner, @Tidgney ?) and the CoD.

First of all, there's literally no point trying to overtake at Cruise Corner, you're all better off trying to line up and get ready for a safe collective passage through the chicken. Things will just get ugly otherwise because there's not enough road for cars to naturally form single file, and going three or four wide onto the first part of the bus stop will inevitably cause mass confusion as everyone tries to find their slots. I've had many incidents this week where both drivers are trying to let the other through and it just gets messy, especially with the pack bearing down from behind like on Lap 1 and sometimes 2.

There's also the factor discussed recently here of the insufficient ghosting through the CoD, which means it's totally sensible to lift and give yourself a bit of space before entering, to give the system a better chance of working correctly. Asking for trouble, again. I've had many a first lap when I've kindly let someone through the chicane on my left just to get rear-ended by the person who didn't get the memo.

If the ghosting worked as intended, these two points would largely be nullified, because the only driver punished for silly moves would be the one trying the silly move.

As it stands it's almost RNG.

Despite this ramble, I do love Dragon Trail Seaside, and once Group 4 BoP gets a reshuffle it'll be great racing every time. Funny how it brings me nostalgia from GT Sport, and my first ever foray into online racing!

How and where car we report awful players, pls?
I've been assaulted by a (Turkish) guy, while I was 2dn and I've finished last...
Seriously, the penalty sustem is just a joke.

Nevermind, i'll be more careful next time.
I don't think you can report.
Hard time in D/C lobby also , i do not count the number of race where after first two turn i'm from top 4 to last 🤣🤣🤣 .
I pass those you let them pass but no they still have to come to hit you even in a straight 🤔
Well thing have not change from Gt5 prologue 😂😂
Best is to manage the come back and pass those wreckfest player in a fairplay manner. ✌️😉

Last edited:
Why would I be the only B in the middle of a lobby of A+/A drivers, if QT has nothing to do with it? And I wasn't even a high B - 78% at the time, so there certainly must have been other B drivers with a higher "B" rating. Even if we take into account that everyone is an SR S (I honestly don't remember at this point).

Why would I be the only B in the middle of a lobby of A+/A drivers, if QT has nothing to do with it? And I wasn't even a high B - 78% at the time, so there certainly must have been other B drivers with a higher "B" rating. Even if we take into account that everyone is an SR S (I honestly don't remember at this point).
It's really as simple as top split not having many players, so the backfill spills down to B, where you are.

Again if you want I can literally go and set a 'top split worthy ' time on an E B alt, and I'll just be topping an E B lobby. There's tons of proof qualifying wont come into it, namely the fact that you can set no qualifying time and still be in the lobby you should be if it was sorted by SR/DR.

E.g. this

image-55.png

would be impossible if qualifying mattered in lobbies, because the slots would instead be backfilled by people who have actually qualified.

Last edited:
Here's a tip for anyone still struggling with the Chicane of Death at DTS, using the Mazda3: Try turning on ASM in Assists. It keeps the car more stable through the CoD, so you don't go all wobbly off one of the kerbs. I won't tell you I haven't had a problem with the CoD since I turned them on, because that would just invite the Powers That Be to smite me.
There's tons of proof qualifying wont come into it, namely the fact that you can set no qualifying time and still be in the lobby you should be if it was sorted by SR/DR.
Thanks - I can see that my logic was flawed, and I'm sure you're right.

Im floored.

I’ve been sandbagging qt for months now, not to club seals(as if i could lol), but to stay away from the ever sweaty lower B’s which seem to be the dirtiest subsection of drivers in the game. Sometimes, ive zoned out and set something decent and its always seems to put me with a bunch of B’s for the rest of that week.

I guess given what talon said that sport mode hasn’t been propped up my the movie release, and isn’t actually that healthy.

Damn

So highlights of my Sunday so far, got 2 wins, second was against bb so a little more kudos then the first today, being 9th going into cod on the last lap and flying through 5 players that got caught in a jam and finishing 4th. Chasing someone through the cod and having him hit the wall and bounce off and I flew through without incident! Between the wall and him! It’s a bit more aggressive this afternoon as I guess the alcohol kicks in 🤣 but again a super enjoyable weekend’s racing!

Last edited:
It's really not alleged. The system has been in use since GT Sport, its been figured out.

I can very easily disprove that quali matters by setting a 1:45 lap on my E B alt with 0 sport mode races, I can definitely assure you all I'd be doing is fronting an E B grid.
Heres just one of many examples of broken matchmaking:

1705243961112.jpeg

Heres just one of many examples of broken matchmaking:

View attachment 1319266
There's nothing 'broken' about this, low SR drivers of a higher DR have been filtered out of their own lobbies and get backfilled into the 'lower' lobbies normally populated by lower DR drivers. If you're towards the end of those brackets, you'll find yourself in the high DR but low SR backfill lobby, which is where you are there.

You can say its bad design, which I can somewhat agree with, because its unfair for clean drivers to be lumped in with faster dirty drivers - but it's not broken, its just how its designed.

So you know what i keep AT 🤣

I improved my qt just a bit , better managed in race with no drag tao go 0.8 faster 😂😂

I went once again back to D no problem to go back C after 3 race . Well seem i'm clearly not a D anymore but not really a C 😉✌️

So i decided to after the Peugeot, try the Ford GT , well signed some podium in C lobby and find a part from speed and power you can keep it more easily on track when you are getting pushed etc ...

Well i started the week strugling having under 1.50 lap in race , to now in a unique race all lap under 1.48 exept pit lap. Most of the time still i'm under 1.49 .

Most important i get really good time , and D or C ranking race gave me fun.

And you know what i'm pleased to be C , but more pleased to keep that fairplay rating to S.

There's nothing 'broken' about this, low SR drivers of a higher DR have been filtered out of their own lobbies and get backfilled into the 'lower' lobbies normally populated by lower DR drivers. If you're towards the end of those brackets, you'll find yourself in the high DR but low SR backfill lobby, which is where you are there.

You can say its bad design, which I can somewhat agree with, because its unfair for clean drivers to be lumped in with faster dirty drivers - but it's not broken, its just how its designed.
But if matchmaking is SR based, using your previous argument, would the CS drivers not expect to be with BS drivers, not the BB-D drivers which they are?

Bad design doesn’t mean it’s excusable.

Last edited:
But if matchmaking is SR based, using your previous argument, would the CS drivers not expect to be with BS drivers, not the BB-D drivers which they are?

Bad design doesn’t mean it’s excusable.
Yeah I didn't say it was? Not sure what argument you're trying to pick (or why)

Matchmaking prioritises SR, so when higher DR but lower SR people finish filling out a lobby, the remaining slots are filled by lower DR but higher SR players.
In this case, when the BB-D drivers are depleted, the slots are then given to CS.

My understanding is that GT7's matchmaking priority is (DR letter) -> (SR) -> (DR raw score). So if you're the very top of B/S, you'll start encountering A-ranked drivers with bad SR until you clear them and get to the low-A DR-ranked players with an S SR.

Yeah I didn't say it was? Not sure what argument you're trying to pick (or why)

Matchmaking prioritises SR, so when higher DR but lower SR people finish filling out a lobby, the remaining slots are filled by lower DR but higher SR players.
In this case, when the BB-D drivers are depleted, the slots are then given to CS.
I’m not trying to pick an argument. I’m simply pointing out that, IMHO, matchmaking is flawed from my point of view.

If matchmaking does prioritise SR, using my example, why would the two CS drivers not have already been allocated to a CS lobby? If any C rated drivers were needed in that example lobby, should their SR rating not match the rest of the field?

Even if they were the only 2 such ranked players queueing (unlikely), why are the remaining slots populated with DR B drivers and not DR C ones (Eg CA or CB)?

Anyway, I’m not going to pursue this any further. You have you opinion, I have mine.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to pick an argument. I’m simply pointing out that, IMHO, matchmaking is flawed from my point of view.

If matchmaking does prioritise SR, using my example, why would the two CS drivers not have already been allocated to a CS lobby? If any C rated drivers were needed in that example lobby, should their SR rating not match the rest of the field?

Even if they were the only 2 such ranked players queueing (unlikely), why are the remaining slots populated with DR B drivers and not DR C ones (Eg CA or CB)?

Anyway, I’m not going to pursue this any further. You have you opinion, I have mine.
My opinion is literally the same as yours, I never said it wasn't bad, I even said it was bad lol. But that is, for better or for worse, just how it works.
The CS drivers are there because it filters down the order, C is below B and so C high SR drivers are pushed 'up' to fil the empty spots in the low B SR brackets.
The problem, like I said, is that it effectively punishes the high SR drivers by putting them in low SR lobbies if there aren't enough spots. It's not that there aren't only 2 CS players queuing, it's that 2 of them got put into that lobby to fill the spots.

It's gets a bit more complicated when people are border line SR/DR for example I am A/S but the front two in the lobby are A/A because they are marginal DR S but that is more the exception than the rule.

Edit:

You have to remember it's designed to fill lobbies, it starts with a tight criteria but will keep loosening it if a lobby can't be filled.

So it starts off strict in selecting a player pool, then relaxes the criteria thresholds and then just sorts everyone by time when it has done that.

I was a DR ranked driver when I set my time and top 300 or so in the world. So all my lobbies where mostly mixed but when you strip out the playing region there wasn't a huge pool of players at that time in the higher DRs with times so I was a B/S driver pole with A/A+ guys.

But thinking about it generally the regions have very small pools of A+ and A drivers playing at the same times...its why we start to see lots of familiar people in lobbies.

Last edited:
Back