GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,396 comments
Did 3 Race B's to start the day in B/S. Absolute carnage into T1 and the corkscrew. Corkscrew was particularly bad on each race as people refuse to sacrifice speed for safety or braked way too late or way too early cause me to get punted (no penalty for the offender, but did let me keep the place) and to punt (3 seconds even though I gave the place back).

Started with the GT-R as it seems to be the meta, but after 1 race the pace wasn't there. Switched to the RSR and was able to throw it around much better. Definitely need to get the GT-R dialed. Fun track/class combo even if I didn't up make DR by much (if at all).

I just realized that @icycls is from here also. Had a bunch of races together this weekend and i thought i recognized the name but didn't know why.

A pleasure to share the track with you my friend. Hopefully you feel the same way, i always try to be clean, but i also try not to be a pushover.
yeah, I never know if someone wants to be called out, also good seeing you out there. I thought at one time you were going wide on turn 1 and I had a run on you but you made it stick! Drafting you was about all I could do in that race.

I think you were in the weird lobby with nearly all Bs and a couple of As. When I logged in I wasn;t expecting that, most of my lobbies were A/A+. Started P2 but threw it away in the infield and then I was at the mercy of the wolves. Scrapped my way back to P5 before getting a 1sec pen on the last run through the busstop. Finish P7 or 8 and I think I lost dr in that one. Did a few chores, came back to an A/A+ lobby, finish midfield and earn a few dr! Pretty much how my weekend went.

I was farming dr here early in the week, but two bad GTWS races and then some inconsistent races at daytona over the weekend, I might have actually dropped a bit for the week overall, or stayed neutral. Still daytona was fun and I was having some of that!

Looks like slowly but surely the Mazda is becoming the META for C. On a layout where it's difficult to pass, you need to rely on the top end which obviously the 3 is OP. Not a fan of FF cars. This will be a slow-playing week for me.

I already miss last week's C. :(

9b4ccee2bbddef422402d9439899586c_photo.webp

I really hate that PD keep insisting with the stupid RH compound tires in the races.... Why? Forget the qualy laps - in a race especially in a circuit like Laguna Seca, one small tap from another driver is enough to end your race, let alone a misjudgement from our own side.. Another DR-ruining trap!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, On weekly races I noticed something not really nice, at least in my opinion.
All cars provided in A racing are difficult to drive, some are completely undriveable, others very difficult to handle on the track. Race B and C are different because we have the possibility to choose the car from our garage.

I am relatively new to the game, mainly doing Gr. 4 races online atm. I stay mostly in low A / high B ranking. I really like this weeks track. What I don't understand is the option to pit if it isn't a viable option (in my opinion). I won a few races with fuel saving and so has every other player I raced with. A bit weird or is there something I am missing?

Did 3 Race B's to start the day in B/S. Absolute carnage into T1 and the corkscrew. Corkscrew was particularly bad on each race as people refuse to sacrifice speed for safety or braked way too late or way too early cause me to get punted (no penalty for the offender, but did let me keep the place) and to punt (3 seconds even though I gave the place back).

Started with the GT-R as it seems to be the meta, but after 1 race the pace wasn't there. Switched to the RSR and was able to throw it around much better. Definitely need to get the GT-R dialed. Fun track/class combo even if I didn't up make DR by much (if at all).
Love Laguna - done a track day there, been to many races there, won a few GTS and GT7 races there too.

But I fear that Gr3 and a short Race B is a recipe for carnage. I will check it out tho’.

Love GVH too, but like most of us have never raced it in reverse.

Hope everyone has a good week of racing.

Chicane of Chaos fail compilation for the Race B that just ended.

That flip looked familiar! How is that at all realistic physics?!
The only thing I hate about these rules is when you've switched to Mediums for practice to set a qualifying time. You then need to remember to switch back to hards for the race, or your race will be ruined before it's begun.
I really hate that PD keep insisting with the stupid RH compound tires in the races.... Why? Forget the qualy laps - in a race especially in a circuit like Laguna Seca, one small tap from another driver is enough to end your race, let alone a misjudgement from our own side.. Another DR-ruining trap!
Seriously, all they have to do is increase the tire wear, the fuel consumption, and/or reduce the pit time and you have some real strategy. Are they afraid we don’t want the challenge? That we no think no good? Who are they coddling with these races? I thought after a year off they’d have figured this stuff out, but all they got was a new movie, some new sponsorships (how much is Mazda paying to be the meta?!), and the same old online garbage. Ick.

Hello everyone, On weekly races I noticed something not really nice, at least in my opinion.
All cars provided in A racing are difficult to drive, some are completely undriveable, others very difficult to handle on the track. Race B and C are different because we have the possibility to choose the car from our garage.
Hi! You’re talking about daily race A? Honestly, most weeks the road cars chosen aren’t as fast and tricky as the Maserati MC20. This one is absolutely a car you need to handle carefully in order to go fast and it’s painfully obvious that a lot of people are incapable of this in the 12 races I’ve done so far. This has nothing to do with cars provided/rented vs garage cars though, performance is BoP’d and the same, it’s just that many road cars drive very differently from the Gr. cars.

Speaking of sausage curbs, just did my last race A for the evening. Stuffed turn 2 for the second time by out braking myself. Realised I was about to take out first place so let the brakes go because I thought I could shoot in front of them and avoid ruining their evening. The pictures tell the tale:

20970407218398915.jpg
20970587220545467.jpg
20970738093192626.jpg

This might be happening quite a bit this week I feel.

Always loved Laguna Seca so it’s Race B for me this week.

Any tip for the fast left hander before the corkscrew? I certainly took a few too many flights over that sausage curb 🤣

201-C7673-9001-4737-A521-23-D53095-D906.jpg

605-B6-B17-0-FF1-4-CFE-A396-044-CF204-F4-A6.jpg

FAC2-ACB1-EC50-4848-8652-C7-D71-A041-B60.jpg
Dab the brakes just before the 2 board and turn in before you crest the hill...

Do not hit the sausage!

Try and coast an apex speed close 100mph and be patient on the throttle.

You know that saying, don't look at the thing you are trying to avoid? I should take that advice.

I fired up my work computer this morning and then found out we have the day off. I'd forgotten about that so that's a nice surprise. With an unexpected day, I jumped on GT and checked out race A and B. For B I worked out a nice tune with the AMG that has giving me a good QT and a dependable drive that can keep up with the A+ crowd. In the two races I did, I started 3rd in both. The first I got bumped down to fifth or sixth by a dubious side bump on the last corner lap 5. That annoyed but I was happy I was competitive and apart from that the race was super clean with CRB.

Race 2, I'm pacing 1st and 2nd closely (like a TT ghost chase) and 2nd on lap 3 stacks it in the corkscrew. I'm 2nd. On lap 4 I drop to 3rd again by a super clean move at the hairpin by 3rd behind me. Without 2nd to chase and being just a little too far of 1st to get the draw, I'd lost some pace. But I was not threatened by fourth so all I had to do was bring it home.

So last lap, what did I do? Thinking to myself, "just bring it home and don't screw up" I did a @GrumpyOldMan and looked at the thing I shouldn't have.... :D :banghead:

Last lap..

Last edited:
No time to race tonight but did put a few laps at Laguna and Grand Valley.

Won't be touching the actual Race B with someone else's controller but I am very optimistic for Race C - Giving me such GT1 vibes with this reverse direction 🥳 Tweaked the setup of the car a bit and literally was shaving half a second every lap until time was up for dinner and family time 😂 Very confident I can break into the 1:55's and have some decent races, starting tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

1705349393908.jpeg

1705349407523.jpeg

Last edited:
Is anyone on Race A getting a stuttering when the bull is on screen?
No. But I’m getting high blood pressure from trying to deal with all these clowns in this race. The amount of excessive swearing coming from my mouth now is probably unhealthy. I want to be ice cold and stay cool but just seem unable to when attempting to deal with such incapables. :banghead::confused::nervous:

To try and put myself in the head of one of these stupid competitors — if on pace you’re like 6-10 secs behind me over the course of five laps, how can you possibly think that you will win the race if you barge yourself ahead of me in T1 on lap one?

And to reiterate, Red Bull Ring is an awful racing track. Properly terrible.

I’ve done Two race B and got Top 5 in both… I’m not touching anyone getting penalty etc. My SR keeps dropping I have no clue.. I’m a A/S Driver.

Always loved Laguna Seca so it’s Race B for me this week.

Any tip for the fast left hander before the corkscrew? I certainly took a few too many flights over that sausage curb 🤣

201-C7673-9001-4737-A521-23-D53095-D906.jpg

605-B6-B17-0-FF1-4-CFE-A396-044-CF204-F4-A6.jpg

FAC2-ACB1-EC50-4848-8652-C7-D71-A041-B60.jpg
That’s a tricky corner. In the RSR, I brake at the 2 board maybe 50% and downshift from 4th to 3rd (both to help turn in and slow the car down). I then try and get as close to inside of the sausage kerb as I can which maximizes the run off to the right and let’s you get back on the throttle earlier. Also I take a bit of kerb on the right on corner entry to widen the radius.

I’ve had the privilege and pleasure of driving Laguna irl and let me tell you it’s harder in the game! Especially on these godawful Racing Hards. Just no grip and it’s very difficult to get the nose to the apex in the RSR.

If anyone has a setup for the RSR they’d like to share I’m all ears!

I’ve stiffened the rear antiroll bar and softened the front to help turn in. And I’ve gone BB +5 to rear for the same reason.

Also using TC as it stops oversteer in the infield and I can go to power more quickly.

Last edited:
Did one race C just to see what it was like. I didn't think I'd like GV Reverse, but it was even worse than I'd thought. What a horrid layout. Add in extra tuning and fuel saving, I am out.

Will try and squeeze in a Nations race on Wed, then do the 1P stuff that gets dropped on Thursday... but that might be it for me this week.

Did one race C just to see what it was like. I didn't think I'd like GV Reverse, but it was even worse than I'd thought. What a horrid layout. Add in extra tuning and fuel saving, I am out.

Will try and squeeze in a Nations race on Wed, then do the 1P stuff that gets dropped on Thursday... but that might be it for me this week.
I might just take your word for it and skip as well! (although now I'm curious...)

I've always thought that if they are going to have us racing on reverse layouts in dailies, then they should provide a circuit experience for it.

Evening racing is worse than day time. Wish I’d done more races than just the two but had honey do stuff to so.

Bumped in @Childe Roland who was on pole and came in 2nd, well done, but I got murdered when the yahoos behind me thought it would be a good idea to go 3-wide in the last turn as I was turning in on the racing line.

Okay. Humor me. Who’s at fault and how could I defend this when I’m in a line of traffic anyway?

What's everyone running for Laguna race B? Man I love that track, little challenging on hards. I took maybe 6 or 7 laps between the 458 and AMG but couldnt get the turn in I wanted for a decent lap. Only got one quick race in today but went from P12 to P7 with a slow qualy in the AMG.

Back to the trusty GT-R and ran 1:23s within 3-4 laps. Have to give the 911 a shot tomorrow. Would like to qualy top 5 in B/S if possible. Grand Valley might be a hard pass if it's just another Mazda wankfest. That car has ruined GR4 racing.

Did some laps on GV reverse and honestly it wasn’t that bad figuring out the turns but the delayed .5 second penalties near the tunnels was a pita. Know the spots well in forward but just stayed extra safe to finally turn in a few okay laps for me without penalties.

Not feeling fuel save on hards but running qt on meds was alright fun.

aaaarghhhhhhhh. Rounded FINAL corner on the FINAL lap at laguna seca in P2.

'Session Ended CE-something'.

Started P2 and just kept the pace, P1 was seconds faster each lap, so gone, as I was tight good battle fending off P3. Was fun till the fun-police ended the session.
That damn CE followed by a long set of numbers!

Latest Posts

Back