GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,395 comments
After not getting a single CRB at Daytona last week, so far with daily B at Laguna Seca (of all places!) all five races done to today I got CRB.
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 12.41.29 AM.png

Now I liked my 3rd and 4th starting position with my early races, but by this evening the speeds had picked up. I took another 1/10th off my time but it was only good for 9th starting. This meant I was in the pack and the racing was more challenging as a result. One I got bumped off track as I posted earlier, was my worse result of the night but the other two were okay. One, I lost one spot after I dropped some pace but did not lose DR and the other was a great race where I climbed 3 spots to finish 6th.

I realized I needed a faster lap time as I have the pace (mostly) but I am not aggressive enough to successfully complete passes at this level. All my gains where through attrition.

I decided to jump over to my GB account so test out some other cars but I can't get the pace out go the GT-R or BRZ. Didn't try the 911RSR even though I used to like it as I've gone off its understeer. So went back to the AMG, did some minor tweaks to the rear diff (that I had already tweaked) and I broke into the 1:22.9s.. I didn't do a race with that as it was getting late but I couldn't let my US account be behind the GB... So jumped back, adjusted the diff to match and after a few laps broke into the 1:22.8s.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240115231626.jpg

@Nebuc72 I coming after your time. Consider yourself poked! LOL

Gran Turismo® 7_20240115231549.jpg

This also puts me in the top 600 globally. I think this is the second highest I been on a global leaderboard. Of course that will drop through the week..

Hopefully now this will result in me getting some better results (my goal is 9th or better for A+/A lobbies).

So i keep racing Grand Valley , using the subaru.
Best result so far a 4 place, had some really nice race with everybody avoid each other this morning, it was really pleasant to see the 16 car following each other for about 2 laps in one race.
You also know that i meet a few clown to keep it politesse.
Can't say i'm mastering the circuit , but enough to finish all race and having fun.
I think the combo is not popular as i have been with driver from A to E , the worst been B to E in same race.

Edit tried the Silvia pleasant drive no refuel

Tried nsx on qt , took it down to 1.58.869 will see how it goes in race.

Last edited:
Evening racing is worse than day time. Wish I’d done more races than just the two but had honey do stuff to so.

Bumped in @Childe Roland who was on pole and came in 2nd, well done, but I got murdered when the yahoos behind me thought it would be a good idea to go 3-wide in the last turn as I was turning in on the racing line.

Okay. Humor me. Who’s at fault and how could I defend this when I’m in a line of traffic anyway?

The second view looks like you didn’t give them room to turn, so it’s your “fault” I think. But honestly, when people dive in three wide like that, it’s virtually impossible to know they’re there until it’s too late, so it’s their “fault.” I’d say it’s a racing incident, but I call shenanigans on the other drivers!
So went back to the AMG, did some minor tweaks to the rear diff
Care to share your settings? I’ve missed many months of discussion about these options, so I’m a bit behind.

Last edited:
After not getting a single CRB at Daytona last week, so far with daily B at Laguna Seca (of all places!) all five races done to today I got CRB. View attachment 1319735

Now I liked my 3rd and 4th starting position with my early races, but by this evening the speeds had picked up. I took another 1/10th off my time but it was only good for 9th starting. This meant I was in the pack and the racing was more challenging as a result. One I got bumped off track as I posted earlier, was my worse result of the night but the other two were okay. One, I lost one spot after I dropped some pace but did not lose DR and the other was a great race where I climbed 3 spots to finish 6th.

I realized I needed a faster lap time as I have the pace (mostly) but I am not aggressive enough to successfully complete passes at this level. All my gains where through attrition.

I decided to jump over to my GB account so test out some other cars but I can't get the pace out go the GT-R or BRZ. Didn't try the 911RSR even though I used to like it as I've gone off its understeer. So went back to the AMG, did some minor tweaks to the rear diff (that I had already tweaked) and I broke into the 1:22.9s.. I didn't do a race with that as it was getting late but I couldn't let my US account be behind the GB... So jumped back, adjusted the diff to match and after a few laps broke into the 1:22.8s.

View attachment 1319737

@Nebuc72 I coming after your time. Consider yourself poked! LOL

View attachment 1319738

This also puts me in the top 600 globally. I think this is the second highest I been on a global leaderboard. Of course that will drop through the week..

Hopefully now this will result in me getting some better results (my goal is 9th or better for A+/A lobbies).
Hehehe, nice time. I've been trying to just fart around with non-meta cars lately and stop taking Sport Mode as such a serious thing, but as an extension using these cars has dropped me back down the pecking order a bit.

I like that though, top split gets very 'samey' - it's always the same names and the same drivers driving the same cars, and it loses a lot of the fun that Gran Turismo holds. I'm sticking with these weirder cars, and having good fights for top 5 or so in lower splits, with more grid variety. I'm loving it a lot more.

As an extension to my extension, it's brought me into the GTP leaderboard fight in a lot more of a fun way! I'm enjoying having to actually hoon a RCZ or an R8 around a track as fast as I can to outrun the familiar names catching up to me. It's refreshing as anything.

Last edited:
Honestly I love GVH and GVS in reverse more than the regular direction. The final/first chicane is so much easier in that direction as is the esses going up/down the hill. Plus with the Ferrari being competitive this week this is my kind of race! Only ran it a couple of times so far but there isnt actual too much fuel saving required, only really 1 laps worth so is still quite fast paced.

At Grand Valley, I have Q time in the 1.57 with RM in the Mazda3. Puts me a under a lot of pressure around P5 for the race with RH tire... But so far I am surprised how safe drivers around me are in the lobby I was in was so far.

Last edited:
So I'm quite new to this, but it seems that race B has tuning enabled? Is it absolutely necessary to tune your car to be able to be somewhat competing? I like to drive the RSR, but not sure if i should without tuning, or what I should change.

So I'm quite new to this, but it seems that race B has tuning enabled? Is it absolutely necessary to tune your car to be able to be somewhat competing? I like to drive the RSR, but not sure if i should without tuning, or what I should change.
Won't really make a difference, you can improve by tuning but you can also improve by driving faster. Unless you're at the ceiling of your driving abilities, its not entirely necessary.

Evening racing is worse than day time. Wish I’d done more races than just the two but had honey do stuff to so.

Bumped in @Childe Roland who was on pole and came in 2nd, well done, but I got murdered when the yahoos behind me thought it would be a good idea to go 3-wide in the last turn as I was turning in on the racing line.

Okay. Humor me. Who’s at fault and how could I defend this when I’m in a line of traffic anyway?

It seems that the R8 was taking a reasonable line into the hairpin behind you until he got attacked and decided to defend the inside with a massive dive from way behind.
Entirely his fault IMO because it was too late for you to give them any room.

I know this isn’t a tuning forum, but since the dailies now have some tuning available I’m wondering if anyone has tunes to share for these races? Just a screenshot or something? I’m curious what people are using in the dailies.

Last edited:
So I'm quite new to this, but it seems that race B has tuning enabled?
Partially, yes - and in Race C too.

We create a full guide to the Daily Races each week which you'll find in our news section and posted into this thread:

Is it absolutely necessary to tune your car to be able to be somewhat competing?
In this case, no. The LSD settings can be relatively powerful, but even so the options available to you are not worth huge amounts of time unless you're already under 1% away from the top times and want to shave off a tenth or so.

It may be the difference between one position and the next (or the one after that) in a race, but more people lose more time from driving mistakes in a race than they'll gain from this level of tuning. And more gain more time from the "meta" (most effective tactic available) car than by tuning their preferred one!

I know this isn’t a tuning forum, but since the dailies now have some tuning available I’m wondering if anyone has tunes to share for these races? Just a screenshot or something? I’m curious what people are using in the dailies.
Sure!
I was stucked in 1:23.100 with a stock GTR and managed to improve (placebo or not) to 1:22.560 with this tune.
I should improve it with at least 3 tenths more according to the optimal time.

Credits for the tune to the japanesse youtuber @GT7_goto who posted it yesterday on his stream

1705413335452.png

Had about 20 minutes to fiddle about in the GT during my break earlier and shaved another half second off (gradually from about 4 laps practice) my Race C time from last night :) Down to a 1:56:4 now and again, confident of even more time once I tune the car and wheel settings to perfection :D No idea how it will be on RH tires though during the race 😂

Bring on tonight!

1705414068010.jpeg
1705414081422.jpeg

Last edited:
Partially, yes - and in Race C too.

We create a full guide to the Daily Races each week which you'll find in our news section and posted into this thread:

In this case, no. The LSD settings can be relatively powerful, but even so the options available to you are not worth huge amounts of time unless you're already under 1% away from the top times and want to shave off a tenth or so.

It may be the difference between one position and the next (or the one after that) in a race, but more people lose more time from driving mistakes in a race than they'll gain from this level of tuning. And more gain more time from the "meta" (most effective tactic available) car than by tuning their preferred one!
I have way too much to improve on. So I don't think it's worth it to put a lot of time into the tuning part. Good to know it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sure!
I was stucked in 1:23.100 with a stock GTR and managed to improve (placebo or not) to 1:22.560 with this tune.
I should improve it with at least 3 tenths more according to the optimal time.

Credits for the tune to the japanesse youtuber @GT7_goto who posted it yesterday on his stream

View attachment 1319812
Thanks for these!

I indeed went much quicker on my alt account within a couple of laps.

Only thing I would say is that I prefer the default diff settings with such an aggressive chassis set up.

When I used the ones above the rear lights up higher in the rev range making the car errr "more dynamic" to drive.

While the default ones aren't perfect they do for my right foot smooth the slip up a little better allowing for more inside wheel traction. You don't get the ultimate adjustability on throttle but for me I can me more confident hitting the loud pedal

Thanks again! 👍

I HATE MYSELF! I AM DUMB! I AM CRYING! I WANT MY MOMMY! 😭 😭

OMG I am such a friggin IDIOT !!! I was feeling too excited to wait for work to end before racing so I snuck in a quick one at Grand Valley... Started P9 on the RM thinking this was a straight, all-out race which then requires a pit for refuel and change of tire compound...

I was probably HAVING ONE OF THE BEST RACING PERFORMANCES OF MY LIFE and by being fast, consistent and taking my opportunities, I was in P2 by lap 6 - so close to the leader's bumper I could smell his nervous farts as he saw me edging closer and closer in his rear-view mirrors! Then I decided to pit...

And then, as lap 7 ended, it hit me like a tonne of bricks and horse poo! I could have fuel saved just a bit and started on RH and not lose 40 seconds to everyone else...

1705422214113.png

The tears started to collect in my eyeballs as I looked to the top left to see myself in P13/ 14 and I just wanted to die. Just let the dude behind me past and focused on finishing the race so I can go back to work and reflect on how dumb I am.

GG/ RIP Me

I HATE MYSELF! I AM DUMB! I AM CRYING! I WANT MY MOMMY! 😭 😭

OMG I am such a friggin IDIOT !!! I was feeling too excited to wait for work to end before racing so I snuck in a quick one at Grand Valley... Started P9 on the RM thinking this was a straight, all-out race which then requires a pit for refuel and change of tire compound...

I was probably HAVING ONE OF THE BEST RACING PERFORMANCES OF MY LIFE and by being fast, consistent and taking my opportunities, I was in P2 by lap 6 - so close to the leader's bumper I could smell his nervous farts as he saw me edging closer and closer in his rear-view mirrors! Then I decided to pit...

And then, as lap 7 ended, it hit me like a tonne of bricks and horse poo! I could have fuel saved just a bit and started on RH and not lose 40 seconds to everyone else...

View attachment 1319843

The tears started to collect in my eyeballs as I looked to the top left to see myself in P13/ 14 and I just wanted to die. Just let the dude behind me past and focused on finishing the race so I can go back to work and reflect on how dumb I am.

GG/ RIP Me

Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Yes i got my podium at Grand Valley race C

18d133e981179-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436588542609024_1705423994566.jpg

First was a Supra , me Nsx , third Citroën all the mazda and Ferrari behind .
Did my fuel saving on first two lap and after full gaz , lobby full C/S . Start p7

Happy with that , make a change from my usual 6/7/8 pos 😉✌️

Last edited:
Yes i got my podium at Grand Valley race C

View attachment 1319850

First was a Supra , me Nsx , third Citroën all the mazda and Ferrari behind .
Did my fuel saving on first two lap and after full gaz , lobby full C/S . Start p7

Happy with that , make a change from my usual 6/7/8 pos 😉✌️
What is the strategy, pls? Just did another on B account with fuel save and RH and went from P9 start to finishing 20s off the pace in P12.. :( Was lapping in the low 2:00's all race ?

Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Such an enter the dragon reference 🤣

Edit:

@Techoislove

It's mostly 458 pace or conservative laps for the first couple and you have a choice balls to the wall for the last few laps or medium pace for the middle part.

But honestly you need to be quicker. Do some laps fuel map 6 (not the strat, just a bit of aggressive short shifting in race) and up that pace mate.

RH and pound the laps in to build that muscle memory!

I can't even get round the track in under 4 hours so it's a no for me this week on C

Last edited:
What is the strategy, pls? Just did another on B account with fuel save and RH and went from P9 start to finishing 20s off the pace in P12.. :( Was lapping in the low 2:00's all race ?

Well my strategy is i adapt , how race goes , with the Nsx i know that i need two lap really saving fuel .
So sometimes it's first and last , sometimes first two lap , i 'm also ready to Pit and refuel and put medium.
Again i'm not fast and go while in race at about 2.00's per lap .

Well my strategy is i adapt , how race goes , with the Nsx i know that i need two lap really saving fuel .
So sometimes it's first and last , sometimes first two lap , i 'm also ready to Pit and refuel and put medium.
Again i'm not fast and go while in race at about 2.00's per lap .
Seems like the Citroen GT is horrible at fuel consumption! So I need to find a better race car, possible the Mazda or as Tidg suggest, the 458 since it is the best on fuel...

On a separate note, after that whole debacle of racing, I rage-lapped my Race C time after finding the perfect setup and went 0.6s faster and set a 1:55:8 with plenty of stilly mistakes I can cut off :D Into the top 800 now :)

1705428922438.jpeg
1705428930790.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems like the Citroen GT is horrible at fuel consumption! So I need to find a better race car, possible the Mazda or as Tidg suggest, the F430 since it is the best on fuel...

On a separate note, after that whole debacle of racing, I rage-lapped my Race C time after finding the perfect setup and went 0.6s faster and set a 1:55:8 with plenty of stilly mistakes I can cut off :D Into the top 800 now :)

View attachment 1319877 View attachment 1319878

You might wanna use the F458 mate. Little newer than the F430 ;)

Thanks for these!

I indeed went much quicker on my alt account within a couple of laps.

Only thing I would say is that I prefer the default diff settings with such an aggressive chassis set up.

When I used the ones above the rear lights up higher in the rev range making the car errr "more dynamic" to drive.

While the default ones aren't perfect they do for my right foot smooth the slip up a little better allowing for more inside wheel traction. You don't get the ultimate adjustability on throttle but for me I can me more confident hitting the loud pedal

Thanks again! 👍
It took me some laps to get used to that "light rear" but I think that once you "tame it", rotation on turn 1 and on the last hairpin improves significantly.
It obviously requires to be very gentle with the throttle but in the end, I think its just a matter of driving styles.

The "owner" of the setup made a lap almost 2 seconds faster than mines :lol:
In his video, I think its very clear how that light rear behaves to help rotation but it requires throttling at 75/80% until you have the car on a straight line.

What BB you running?
Zero in my case.
At first I tried to compensate understeering messing with that but once I felt confortable with those diff settings I left it like that.

It took me some laps to get used to that "light rear" but I think that once you "tame it", rotation on turn 1 and on the last hairpin improves significantly.
It obviously requires to be very gentle with the throttle but in the end, I think its just a matter of driving styles.

The "owner" of the setup made a lap almost 2 seconds faster than mines :lol:
In his video, I think its very clear how that light rear behaves to help rotation but it requires throttling at 75/80% until you have the car on a straight line.

Zero in my case.
At first I tried to compensate understeering messing with that but once I felt confortable with those diff settings I left it like that.

And in my case my ambition very much outweighs my talent!

In all seriousness I'd need to really do a session to start to understand it. And I'm honestly a bit meh about this week.

I'm not a fuel saver and getting clean races at Laguna is tough work. The times are tight, the run offs brutal, everyone needs to want to finish!

So I'm sort of just doing some laps and some races on my alt account. Neither are for me this week (and that is absolutely ok, I did GR3 Laguna a few months ago) so I'm just chilling with it this week.

I've run two races at Daily Race B, and both races I screwed myself by going off into the sand. Before the end of lap 1 - both times. It's hard to develop much enthusiasm for this week's race when I suck so much.

I'm only posting this in case anyone thinks I dropped off the face of the earth.

EDIT: @newmedia_dev - Looks like we're of like minds regarding this week.

Back