GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,394 comments
You using one of those airless tires?

hero_tire.png

Honestly, for this application I think a spherical tire with 3 degrees of camber is better.
1705534077091.png

Sphero-drive, at your service. šŸ˜

Tonight is the night I login to see how miserably I can perform compared to y'all...should be keepin' the bottom of the list on LOCK!šŸ¤£

:cheers:

Of all the wonderful American race tracks, and there are some truly great ones, I really struggle with Laguna, havenā€™t found the right car yet, Iā€™m fastest in the merc which I never use and super slow in my usual go to Porsche, tried RS01 too. could be a long week for me.

Of all the wonderful American race tracks, and there are some truly great ones, I really struggle with Laguna, havenā€™t found the right car yet, Iā€™m fastest in the merc which I never use and super slow in my usual go to Porsche, tried RS01 too. could be a long week for me.

Iā€™m slacking big time as I havenā€™t even turned a lap on Laguna yet.
You can always give the RCZ a shot. Used to be my go to and done well there in the past.
Good luck and hope you find your match!

Last edited:
For an idiot like me who uses the X button for throttle, TSC 2 or 3 is necessary to avoid spinning out in just about any car over 300 hp.
You're not an idiot. You're a being of light. We all are.
While we are speaking of that, I am in a similar situation. After I broke my right hand last year I still have limited mobility which forces me to use automatic transmission in games like GT7 since my hand starts to hurt if I use my fingers to shift for a longer period of time. You lose out less than you would think on the straights judging by some of the fastest ghosts but when it comes to fuel saving, it's a nightmare. Since I can not short shift I have to fiddle with the fuel settings all the time. That wouldn't be so bad if I could stay at that setting and not also lose the radar.
So for races like this weeks Race C, changing fuel settings works to make it no-stop but you lose way more time than just simply short shifting.

Ah man... I know some of you will laugh but my favourite fish died earlier today :( Was the first fish I got when I set up the aquarium many moons ago and I loved her. I hopped in a Race C to try and get my mind off things (not kidding) as I had an important meeting scheduled for later and would not have cared, lol.

Started in P5 on Hards in the F430 458 Italia ( ahem @newmedia_dev šŸ˜‚ ) and I still wasn't thinking straight.. Had it in my mind that it was a 10 race lap (#donkeynation) and it was only on lap 4 that I realized I was fuel-saving for an incorrect lap distance! āš°ļø I was down to P7 by then after being hit into a wall..

Furious at myself and not wanting to ruin my own race for the 3rd time in a row, I put it into Map 1 and booted it! Flew past the other drivers ahead of me. Two more laps and I would have won, was catching up leader by almost 1.8s a lap! P2 and just 0.04 away from the fastest lap, which was set on mediums!

For you, Rosie! ā¤ļø

1705593802553.jpeg
1705593812008.jpeg
1705593834671.png

Also, meeting went well after the race.

Last edited:
Ah man... I know some of you will laugh but my favourite fish died earlier today :( Was the first fish I got when I set up the aquarium many moons ago and I loved her. I hopped in a Race C to try and get my mind off things (not kidding) as I had an important meeting scheduled for later and would not have cared, lol.

Started in P5 on Hards in the F430 458 Italia ( ahem @newmedia_dev šŸ˜‚ ) and I still wasn't thinking straight.. Had it in my mind that it was a 10 race lap (#donkeynation) and it was only on lap 4 that I realized I was fuel-saving for an incorrect lap distance! āš°ļø I was down to P7 by then after being hit into a wall..

Furious at myself and not wanting to ruin my own race for the 3rd time in a row, I put it into Map 1 and booted it! Flew past the other drivers ahead of me. Two more laps and I would have won, was catching up leader by almost 1.8s a lap! P2 and just 0.04 away from the fastest lap, which was set on mediums!

For you, Rosie! ā¤ļø

View attachment 1320413 View attachment 1320414 View attachment 1320415

Sorry about your fish, man. Sounds like you need to make a special livery for your friend!

Last edited:

For you, Rosie! ā¤ļø

Sorry for your loss man. Though glad to hear your meeting and race both went well!

For you, Rosie! ā¤ļø

No laughing, all empathizing. Had a red belly Piranha for about six years that, surprisingly, left a huge hole in my chest when she went. Had a massive Pleco' that leapt out of the tank once...broke my heart to find him stiff as a board under the tank the next morning.

This sucks, sorry for your loss.

Maybe the vantage?

Not a bad shout. Use the the GTR tune on it to dial out the oversteer and just brake a bit earlier and you'll have more fun.

LS is a a race of attrition, so just set your goal as consistent pace vs positions.

Try to keep up but leave lots of danger space!

You got this.
Exactly what you say. LS is pretty difficult in competion especially if the race is not clean šŸ„“

How would you guys handle this?

1705614565465.png

I made a less-than-perfect turn at T5, so someone caught me coming up to T6. The [insert lots of profane words here] idiot moved to pass me on the inside, right before the turn. I mean, what the fudge? It would have killed both of us, or at least me for sure on the outside.

I didn't realize he was really going to try it until it was too late, and when I tried to block him, I clipped his front and wiped out.

I honestly have no idea what I should have done. There's no way both of us could have made that turn. I suppose I might have been able to slow down so he could go through, and he certainly would have lost it, but it was just before the braking point that I realized what he was doing.

Any ideas? I don't have video because this happened yesterday and I was so flabbergasted that I just quit, turned off the PS5, and sat there stunned.

A tuning question - using the RSR in B this week (itā€™s not the fastest car but Iā€™m used to it).

Trying to dial out the understeer in corner entry by making the front softer and the rear stiffer. So have lowered the numbers on front anti-roll bar, compression, and frequency, and raised the rear numbers. Seems to help!

But what about expansion? I left it alone because Iā€™m thinking softer at front means more lift on corner exit and thus maybe more understeer. Or am I wrong here?
A very light dab on the brakes helps the RSR turn in. I think itā€™s about weight transfer. As the nose dips a bit it wants to turn in easier. I havenā€™t fiddled with a tune yet, so Iā€™m drawing from some dated experience with the car, but thatā€™s one of the reasons that the car was so popular for so long.

View attachment 1320514
I made a less-than-perfect turn at T5, so someone caught me coming up to T6. The [insert lots of profane words here] idiot moved to pass me on the inside, right before the turn. I mean, what the fudge? It would have killed both of us, or at least me for sure on the outside.

I didn't realize he was really going to try it until it was too late, and when I tried to block him, I clipped his front and wiped out.

I honestly have no idea what I should have done. There's no way both of us could have made that turn. I suppose I might have been able to slow down so he could go through, and he certainly would have lost it, but it was just before the braking point that I realized what he was doing.

Any ideas? I don't have video because this happened yesterday and I was so flabbergasted that I just quit, turned off the PS5, and sat there stunned.
I think thatā€™s a classic brake early and undercut scenario. Youā€™ll just have to keep your eye on the mirror or radar for that turn in particular. Ironically, itā€™s always T5 that gives me so much trouble! People are all over the place on that one and love to barge through. It always throws me off because it is impossible to defend.

View attachment 1320514

I've had a couple of races like that. Turn 5 is critical for the run up the hills. Usually I'm good at it but sometimes it can be less than perfect if in traffic and that can give the car behind a chance to get you on the inside running up - one time it was me on the inside.

Typically for turn 6, in the AMG at least, I shift down to 3rd for about a 1/3rd second, begin to turn in and immediately shift to 4th for the fastest run up to Corkscrew. But in racing, I will often keep it in 3rd for safety reasons and then just change up to 4th part way up Rahal Straight. Now if someone is on my inside, rather than lightly braking at the 2 board and do the 3rd/4th gear shift thing, I will brake more like the 2.5/under the bridge, keep it in 3rd and slot in behind them and yield the spot. Sometimes they will overshoot the corner and end up in the gravel and you can get your spot back. If not, just accept it and battle on...

My racing these days is all about trying to survive and keep on track and not do unnecessary risks. I don't try to win as there is always someone faster than me, particularly if I am not in the top 3. If in podium spot I am me more aggressive but even then, losing out on the points from a 3rd or 4th place finish is not worth it if it risks me dropping down to 12th or worse, last.

Last edited:
Carnage at Laguna this morning in B lobbies! Got taken out at Andretti multiple times as well as at the Corkscrew.

But last night had a run of clean races - one of them had the top 5 running close the whole race, no dive bombs, and no margin for error. I finished P4 5 seconds off P1. P3 and P5 and I all thanked each other after.

Wish there were more racing like that, but you gotta take the bad with the good in this game.

Still swear by the R.S.01 at Laguna, but that should be no surprise because I love that car.
My racing these days is all about trying to survive and keep on track and not do unnecessary risks.
Absolutely! Especially at LS. People are gonna mess up (at least in the B lobbies I run in), so just be patient. This last race I was P2, not close to P1, and lost a couple of followers, so I had a comfortable 4 second lead for the last 3 laps at least. You better believe I drove quite conservatively. I wasn't trying to not crash - that always kills me. But I gave myself plenty of leeway on T6 and the corkscrew.
Typically for turn 6, in the AMG at least, I shift down to 3rd for about a 1/3rd second, begin to turn in and immediately shift to 4th for the fastest run up to Corkscrew. But in racing, I will often keep it in 3rd for safety reasons and then just change up to 4th part way up Rahal Straight.
Yeah, in racing, I brake earlier and longer at T6, just to be totally safe. I figure if someone takes it quicker than me, it's easy to let them pass on the straight with little drama. That beats the hell out of watching from the gravel as people go flying by.

I havenā€™t been on the track for two days as Iā€™ve been working from 9 AM to 2 AM the last two nights. Actuallyy had some time this evening so I thought Iā€™d give it a try. And Iā€™m so tired and wasted I can barely keep the car on the road. Testament to not drive while tired; either sim racing or in real life.

I said I did get a couple of laps in the 1:22s, near my best time, at Laguna Seca but most where terrible or crashes. I canā€™t focus šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Maybe the vantage?

I tried the RCZ and the beetle and Iā€™m just going with that the track just isnā€™t for me, also being at the back of the grid is putting me in all sorts situations with people who are fighting over nothing

Oh well roll on next week

Edit: of which race B is road Atlanta, something to look forward to for sure!

Last edited:
Laguna Seca has to be one of my favorites. Track just flows well, it's like riding a bike even when I haven't had much time to race lately. Had a couple good races tonight, picked up the trifecta in an all B lobby and had a couple top 5s in half A lobbies. All my races have been very clean but competitive. Nothing quite like nailing that high speed uphill turn 6 & corkscrew sector just narrowly avoiding a penalty.

Also found out I like the BMW M6. Ran a 1:22.6 qualy right off the bat with it. Pretty consistently lapping in the high 1:23s now. Nice to still start top 5 even in mixed A lobbies.

Attachments

• 18d200a95ed95-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d200a95ed95-screenshotUrl.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 18d2024789734-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d2024789734-screenshotUrl.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 18d200b79dc78-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d200b79dc78-screenshotUrl.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 18d200bcaf460-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d200bcaf460-screenshotUrl.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Laguna Seca has to be one of my favorites. Track just flows well, it's like riding a bike even when I haven't had much time to race lately. Had a couple good races tonight, picked up the trifecta in an all B lobby and had a couple top 5s in half A lobbies. All my races have been very clean but competitive.

Also found out I like the BMW M6. Ran a 1:22.6 qualy right off the bat with it. Pretty consistently lapping in the high 1:23s now. Nice to still start top 5 even in mixed A lobbies.
Thatā€™s good pace! With a tune, or just the stock setup?

View attachment 1320514

It really depends on how far behind/ahead he was when you both were 2-wide approaching T6. I would yield and slot behind if he is coming in with a significant speed advanage, as too much speed would have been loss even if both cars were to safely go through side by side at T6 and being at the outside there is always a risk of being pushed wide into the sand.

Well after done a few race with the Ferrari i went back to the Nsx , funny i set a qt while practicing short shifting waiting race Time.
Slow is fast šŸ˜‰āœŒļøstill my qt is bad but enough to start always in the first half at my level .

If some go on this race and did not yet , tunnel at start is not a good place to overtake 1 chance out of two you going to wreck someone and eventually you with it , personnal experience i don't count the number of race where Mazda try to overtake me there.
Well give me the pleasure to make come back from last to 3 best i did .
I really enjoy this track even if a lot managed to pass only because they throw the one they pass out the track .
Still happy as i managed until now to stay C/S
Did a few race with a lot of B/C driver , and i can tell most of them are going to do anything to get A ranking šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Hope other have also good time in this week races

Last edited:
Back