GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,395 comments
Here's my start positions for this week at LS - the oldest is at the bottom and the most recent is at the top:

View attachment 1321186

In the last race, I was one of only 3 B's in the race, and we all started in double-digit positions.

I don't know how to express this properly, but I think (personal opinion) that there is something inherently wrong with a game that gives me decent starting positions for almost all the races, then drops me in a starting position where, unless the people in front self-destruct, I'm pretty-much guaranteed to lose DR points through no fault of my own. I mean, if I was an A driver placed in an A lobby, and my QT put me at P14, then that's my own fault for not improving my QT. But I'm not an A driver, and I feel like I've been punished for something.

And it's not as though I'm a high B just lurking below A. Surely there are higher B's that could be put in that race?

I don't really have a solution for this, except perhaps have the game allow less-than-full fields when there's not enough people to properly fill out an A lobby.

I understand why it happens, but it just doesn't seem right.

I actually don't expect any sympathy here, but I just needed to unload.
I totally understand what you are saying! Been there! But there are GTWS races going on today so I suspect the daily lobbies are stretched a bit thin.

Hey all QQ..I've been looking around and perhaps I missed it...but is there a thread for chassis setups for weekly races? I miss playing weekly but I simply don't have time to dial in a setup. Last week was the first time I have played in forever and had a blast on Dragons Trail...which only allowed brake bias adjustments.

I see there is a setup forum but it's hard to dig through all the setups to try to find one that fits the weekly races. It would be helpful to have a weekly setup discussion forum to go along with the general weekly race discussion.

Here's my start positions for this week at LS - the oldest is at the bottom and the most recent is at the top:

View attachment 1321186

In the last race, I was one of only 3 B's in the race, and we all started in double-digit positions.

I don't know how to express this properly, but I think (personal opinion) that there is something inherently wrong with a game that gives me decent starting positions for almost all the races, then drops me in a starting position where, unless the people in front self-destruct, I'm pretty-much guaranteed to lose DR points through no fault of my own. I mean, if I was an A driver placed in an A lobby, and my QT put me at P14, then that's my own fault for not improving my QT. But I'm not an A driver, and I feel like I've been punished for something.

And it's not as though I'm a high B just lurking below A. Surely there are higher B's that could be put in that race?

I don't really have a solution for this, except perhaps have the game allow less-than-full fields when there's not enough people to properly fill out an A lobby.

I feel your pain. I'm like 80% to A and in the 2 races I did today I was the only B driver in the entire lobby (wtf?) Filled with As and a couple A+. My qualifying time in the 1:22s actually puts me in the top 6 still but A drivers are way more consistent than I am with quick lap times. Feels like a losing proposition from the start line. Both races I hung in there for 3-4 laps before getting swallowed up from behind and making a mistake.

Normal days it usually alternates me between all B lobby and half and half lower As and fast Bs.

Last edited:
Laguna has been great this week! Don’t get me wrong I have gotten beaten up either by stupid drivers… or the track just spitting me out for bad driving. The positives have out done the negatives though.. I have taken so many top 5 and even a Victory! For me it’s always sweeter because I do it in my Ferrari (it’s the only GT3 I use)… majority of the time I’m the only Ferrari on the grid which is full of GTR’s. 😂 After the race it’s cool to get a congrats from the other drivers and the respect for being in the 458. I thought I could break into the A+ DR this week but I’ve come in last a couple of races… I never quit so I think that helps me stay right at the edge of almost becoming an A+ driver.

View attachment 1321193
I was just going to post in praise of the 458! It’s my fave Gr4 car but I’ve always found the Gr3 variant to be too tail happy for me. But tried it today at Laguna and (with no tune) it’s so nice to race. Unlike the RSR and GT-R, I can get the nose into the apexes w/is so crucial at Laguna.

Agree, it’s been hit and miss at Laguna. Had some terrible races mid-week, but just did 7-8 this afternoon and it was clean racing.

Fwiw, someone had exactly the same QT as me. Never happened before. The game put him ahead of me for some reason.

View attachment 1321186

This is why I stick to Manufacture's & Nation's Series, at least there I am guaranteed to drive against same DR racers. None of my daily races ever are filled with like drivers. I am always on the bottom half so 90% guarantee I will lose DR in daily races. PD usually does something stupid every once in a while like this week's race C where I must race because I love the track the hell with my DR (not that I care anyways).

View attachment 1321186

First of all, how do you get this information from the screenshot?

Secondly, I have similar issues. The game just decides to put you into a lobby with A and A++ as a B. I have a feeling this happens mostly when I had a good result but I am not sure if it's actually the case. It's most likely that there aren't as much players with an A ranking and they fill it up if you happen to queue for a race. The feeling of "punishment" is real though. It doesn't feel good.
I don't think it's an issue though if it only happens from time to time and I don't think it's your fault for not improving since I as well have a limit when it comes to what I am able to do on the track. That is why there are rankings and matchmaking with different DR lobbies.

The bigger issue (for me is) that the matchmaking is too strict. Or that the skill gap between B and A for example is too big. I am doing well in B lobbies, with a random win here and there but mostly top 5 or mid field finishes but this will almost always improve my DR and I'll end up in A/A++ lobbies where I usually start and finish in the bottom 3. I am not as good as those guys and that is ok but at that point I am basically doomed to always finish in the last 2 or 3 positions.
Maybe I am just a rare example where I fall between A and B and there is no real place for me.

One of the issues is that your qualifying time stays for the whole week. I can shell out a banger time from time to time and then never be able to repeat that but since the time is good for the week I always start near the front and since overtaking in Gr. 4 isn't easy you will most likely finish in a pretty good position even though I was never able to repeat that qualifying time. Setting a qualifying time for a daily race should be a daily thing. That would mix up the lobbies better in my opinion.

About being thrown with higher dr pilot , take the good way that mean you are improving. Well it's how i take it.
To be able to be at a higher tank i need to be able to beat some higher rank player or i should not improve my rank is how i take it .

About Qt , i often while waiting for the race try one or two lap , and it gave opportunitie to improve it slightly a few time during the week.

And when i see lot of higher ranked player with almost same.qt or even slower one than me , it gave info as i might be at same level than them.

If i fall while in a race with higher ranked player , no problem i know next one i will be back with player at my lvl.

I'm not an alien , i'm only an average - driver trying to improve, and this week managed to stay all well C and even Yesterday get B rating, but i think that for the moment i'm a C+ driver.

Edit: i finally managed rank B , after putting down my qt by 2 tenth . It's does not seem much on my average qt but since i have never been more than p5 on the grid and that help a lot i find that most contact occur in the first two lap.
Another thing that help i think , is while waiting for the race i was trying alternative line on corner to use them during the race.
I also if i detect much faster driver than me on same tyre , try to qivr a clear way of passing me. Happens a few time they offer me draft in the straight as a thank.knowing i'm using the most this week the nsx .

Hoppefully sharing will help others of my level. As reading other feeling help me a lot.

Last edited:

View attachment 1321186

I’ve been in the same boat (but on the lower A side) when I came back this week. I’m the slowest A driver on a track in a fuel-saving Race C where you cannot pass. Ever. Then I get stuck in front of a pack of rabid B drivers and get eaten alive!

The good news (or, the not-horrible-news) is that if you are a B in an A lobby then you won’t lose as much DR if you finish poorly. The formula depends upon the difference between current DR scores in some way (Famine has explained it many times). It gets much worse when you’re the only A driver in a mostly B lobby and lose. Ask me how I know . . .
:dunce:
What I’ve found is that I haven’t been bleeding DR as quickly as I remember. Maybe I need to race more to find more efficient ways to fail quicker?

Hey all QQ..I've been looking around and perhaps I missed it...but is there a thread for chassis setups for weekly races? I miss playing weekly but I simply don't have time to dial in a setup. Last week was the first time I have played in forever and had a blast on Dragons Trail...which only allowed brake bias adjustments.

I see there is a setup forum but it's hard to dig through all the setups to try to find one that fits the weekly races. It would be helpful to have a weekly setup discussion forum to go along with the general weekly race discussion.
I was hoping for the same. I asked a couple of people in this forum for their setups, but most everyone is protecting their settings like they’re proprietary algorithms or something! But you can probably find YT streamers who reveal their settings.

On my alt account most of my racing in B lobbies I must just really lucky in the match making because almost all of my bad races was me pushing to hard and spinning or running wide not concentrating.

As for cleanness the majority look like this:

IMG_0102.jpeg

I don't think you can get much cleaner when almost entire lobbies are maxed SR AND keep it that way.

I'll eat Old Grumpys hat if there isn't a Sophy update in this weeks update!
Not my Masters hat!
First of all, how do you get this information from the screenshot?
It's from a program I wrote called GranTracker. Here's the website: https://www.grantracker.com/ There's a dedicated thread here.
I can shell out a banger time from time to time and then never be able to repeat that but since the time is good for the week
This happens to me more often than I care to admit. Sometimes it's good to start "above my weight class" if you know what I mean, but often times it's the kiss of death. With that said, at least it's my own fault!

This happens to me more often than I care to admit. Sometimes it's good to start "above my weight class" if you know what I mean, but often times it's the kiss of death. With that said, at least it's my own fault!
And to reply to @Celico

This is not meant to offend.

What I do is spend a lot Monday or even Sunday putting miles in. Tuesday I'll race with what ever the dice has thrown.

The rest of the week I split between really trying to drive my time up so work on braking, entry angles apex speed vs exit drive and focus on the mechanics of being quick.

Thursday to Saturday I'll just race, Sunday you always higher than you were in lobbies as player numbers are up.

But, I always improve my time throughout the week, you learn with each race and that is what I do, focus on learning early week and double down for races.

If you aren't improving through the week time wise then what are you really learning?

After some meh results this week, either being smashed into or else just finishing same position as start of 2 places ahead, decided to put in a few more laps at Grand Valley to try and improve my average of P10 start on main account. After a few tweaks, I improved by 0.2s to get to 1:55:6 so maybe looking at P8 next race...

What I just cannot understand is how I still am 2 whole seconds slower than the leading times this week?!? I think I am taking the correct lines in and out of corners, braking at the right places and not doing much wrong. Bit baffling to be honest 🙄

What am I doing wrong, lol?

1705854173977.jpeg

1705854243728.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a question as it happens to me a few time this week at Grand Valley highway race C.
Every race i checked twice that i'm on hard tyre , and a few time game make me start medium , not a big deal but just to know if it happens to others .
Once out of two sure i have hard on i forget to check on screen even if i'm thinking wooch i'm doing well 🤣🤣🤣✌️

After some meh results this week, either being smashed into or else just finishing same position as start of 2 places ahead, decided to put in a few more laps at Grand Valley to try and improve my average of P10 start on main account. After a few tweaks, I improved by 0.2s to get to 1:55:6 so maybe looking at P8 next race...

What I just cannot understand is how I still am 2 whole seconds slower than the leading times this week?!? I think I am taking the correct lines in and out of corners, braking at the right places and not doing much wrong. Bit baffling to be honest 🙄

What am I doing wrong, lol?

View attachment 1321364
View attachment 1321365

You can tell I'm not doing race C this week from your leaderboard 🤣🤣🤣

Look a bit closer at the top time replays bud, 2s is massive as you know so clearly there is something they are doing you aren't? Short shifting an exit, lifting one of the sweepers, using more of the track? I don't know but there is serious time on the table

Just a question as it happens to me a few time this week at Grand Valley highway race C.
Every race i checked twice that i'm on hard tyre , and a few time game make me start medium , not a big deal but just to know if it happens to others .
Once out of two sure i have hard on i forget to check on screen even if i'm thinking wooch i'm doing well 🤣🤣🤣✌️
Depends on the practice laps/ qualy laps you were doing whilst waiting for the race to start! If you have RH as default but switch to RM to do the laps as the timer counts down to start the actual race, you will start on the tires you were using during practice i.e. RM

Last edited:
Depends on the practice laps/ qualy laps you were doing whilst waiting for the race to start! If you have RH as default but switch to RM to do the laps as the timer counts down to start the actual race, you will start on the tires you were using during practice i.e. RM
Ok even if i switch tyre before race , thank you.

Well managed to get a top 5 in full B lobby , happy with that 😉✌️
18d2cf26fb288-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436699145247848_1705856036124.jpg

Well, wanted to end the week with a bang and I sure did, though not as I wanted...

My new qualy time had me start in P3 and I immediately made my 1st mistake by accidentally moving the brake balance to max front and fuel map to max lean! The 3 seconds it took me to correct it had me already down to P4 but managed to recover the position with an amazing overtake, if I say so myself 😂

After overtaking P2, I was comfortably in that position and catching up to the leader until.... I braked a bit late in sector 1 and spun, smashing into the guardrails as well! GG me. As I got going again, I was with damage and down to P13! Things got worse as I caught up to a nasty group and when I was up to P7, I got purposely punted off track and down to the bottom of the pack (again!!!)

Having to eat the rails on another 2 occasions (though not my fault - did it to avoid more chaos around me) I also get punted at full speed into a wall towards the end of the race! In addition to various side-swipes throughout the race, obviously ️🙄 No idea how I managed it but finished in P8 after more overtakes from my end. What could have been lol.... ⚰️

Last edited:
If you aren't improving through the week time wise then what are you really learning?
My limitations.

Well, I do actually improve through the early days of the week but I will hit a road block eventually. That is just how it is. It's a skill issue and maybe if I would dedicate all my time to GT7 I would be able to hit the heights of GT7 racing but I am not. Often times it's really hard to even repeat the same fastest Q time again. I have this with certain race tracks. For this weeks Race C I was able to repeat my fastest time multiple times but never did actually improve it by more than a few hundredths.

My limitations.

Well, I do actually improve through the early days of the week but I will hit a road block eventually. That is just how it is. It's a skill issue and maybe if I would dedicate all my time to GT7 I would be able to hit the heights of GT7 racing but I am not. Often times it's really hard to even repeat the same fastest Q time again. I have this with certain race tracks. For this weeks Race C I was able to repeat my fastest time multiple times but never did actually improve it by more than a few hundredths.
Learning and trying aren't limitations. Just focus on smooth laps and the time will. Come it takes effort to get these times mate

Edit:

I just want to say that consistency is the biggest issue lower ranked peeps like us have. If you can't pound laps in close to your best laps then work on consistency. Literally just do 30 mins of trying to match your own lap.

You can't expect to rock up to a race with an artificial pace you don't have relative to those around you.

I think it's a flaw in this TT system but also player behaviour if I'm honest.

You won't compete at higher levels without being consistent and going quicker. That is the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
Learning and trying aren't limitations. Just focus on smooth laps and the time will. Come it takes effort to get these times mate

This is bang on, however I am finding there are tracks I like and that I’m suited to and some that I guess my driving style doesn’t suit and it’s really dependent on how much time I can invest, like watching tidge and watching replays and make corner notes. Some races I can chuck a decent lap in by Tuesday or Wednesday and then I’m happy racing in the top 5 and seeing what happens. Interesting topic for sure! I think there is a plateau (for me) where I just cannot improve and if I’m sitting back of the grid, my interest fades - but practice makes and track wise the more you race the more you are at ease as the week goes by.

This is bang on, however I am finding there are tracks I like and that I’m suited to and some that I guess my driving style doesn’t suit and it’s really dependent on how much time I can invest, like watching tidge and watching replays and make corner notes. Some races I can chuck a decent lap in by Tuesday or Wednesday and then I’m happy racing in the top 5 and seeing what happens. Interesting topic for sure! I think there is a plateau (for me) where I just cannot improve and if I’m sitting back of the grid, my interest fades - but practice makes and track wise the more you race the more you are at ease as the week goes by.

Last edited:
I absolutely get that.

When climbing the ranks you go from bossing the top to just trying to keep up. There is always another driver that can humble you/me/all of us.

The reality is more laps and better self analysis and corner planning/understanding will make you/me faster.

To the point about being at the back of the grid just a couple of things, to go as fast as those guys go....they will fall off. The margin for error is much smaller at their pace.

Secondly it's all track time and practice with how the race server feels. There is lag, latency and drama etc.

I'm better at some track/car combos (I don't do GR1/2 stuff) but for the bread and butter races there is no reason with all the guides, advice and forum peer pressure that we can't go faster.

I genuinely think it's because people stop self analysing and secondly don't actually understand what is fast in this game. Braking earlier to accelerate earlier is not slower, being the last of the late breakers will be slow.

I was a really rubbish B driver for a long time, probably still am to be fair but I'm at the sharper end of B/A now. It takes time, effort and sheer self reflection. You need to memorise each corner and then start to flow them.

Edit:

I just like driving, I like to really drive. I like to just pound laps in.

It's all just driving to me, that nobody dies or it costs anything is the main thing. It should be fun, so focus on that (competitive fun but fun!) ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 1321186

I think part of it is that everyone just improved their lap times through the course of the week and you, well did not, so you slipped down the grid. I understand your frustration but I have seen plenty of Bs this week with times in the 1:22s. Then again I have seen Bs with times in the 1:24s as well so it is all over the place.

Through the course of the week I pretty much took 3/4s off my QT where I am now in the 1:22.7s. With my new "somewhat lively" rear diff tune I now have a very fast car that could put me in the low to mid 1:22s, IF I could manage to keep it in the track LOL. Still, there is definitely a 1:22.5 in me but alas I won't have anymore time to race so I'm done for the week.

In the end I only did 6 races for the week and all were corkers. I could have done well DR wise but time was against me. Next week I'm on a business trip so pretty much not doing anything next week.

Last edited:
I think part of it is that everyone just improved their lap times through the course of the week and you, well did not, so you slipped down the grid. I understand your frustration but I have seen plenty of Bs this week with times in the 1:22s. Then again I have seen Bs with times in the 1:24s as well so it is all over the place.
That wasn't it. I just did a race and started P6 in an all-B lobby. Someone mentioned (sorry I don't remember who) that yesterday people may have been doing the world series or whatever race(s) were going on.
Welcome to my life.

EDIT: I just improved my QT by almost a half-second, and it put me in a room with nothing but A+ and A drivers in front of me, at P10 (well, P11 but somebody quit right as the race started). And 2 B in the mix behind me.

I didn't mind this at all, because I made such a big jump with my QT. And as others have pointed out, when I finished P11, I still gained 1 DR point. I lost 20% from my maxed-out SR S, and the only reason I can think of is that the game realized what a crappy job of driving I did, and knocked off some points just for the principle. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, ended the week on a positive note. Won another race in B lobby and then got fed to the wolves for the next two races, with 5 A+ in front of me. I held my own finishing P6 & P7 but had some mistakes that cost me top 5. My laps just felt slower today, but at least I didn't have any big blunders. 8:30 is a pretty slow race for A/A+...the 2nd race was like 8:20.

Is there really that few people racing on a Sunday afternoon that I'm getting thrown in with that many A+ drivers? I thought yesterday was bad. Would sure be nice to get in some mixed A/B lobbies to get a better feel for close racing. Doesn't seem to matter what time I play either.

Attachments

• 18d2e6c7e1a84-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d2e6c7e1a84-screenshotUrl.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 18d2e6cc2b938-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d2e6cc2b938-screenshotUrl.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 18d2e6d2cd240-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d2e6d2cd240-screenshotUrl.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is there really that few people racing on a Sunday afternoon that I'm getting thrown in with that many A+ drivers? I thought yesterday was bad. Would sure be nice to get in some mixed A/B lobbies to get a better feel for close racing. Doesn't seem to matter what time I play either.
My experience has been that Sunday afternoons and evenings are terrible for racing. I rarely do much racing then.

Hi guys, I would like to create a lobby as "Daily race GR3 - GR4" What settings should I choose to create correctly? There is a "Partial" option in some settings in daily races. Which partial settings(On Daily Races) are accepted and which are not when setting up a lobby?

Attachments

• Lobby.jpg
    Lobby.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 9
I just want to say that consistency is the biggest issue lower ranked peeps like us have. If you can't pound laps in close to your best laps then work on consistency. Literally just do 30 mins of trying to match your own lap.
That is true but it's more like I am actually really consistent (slow) but from time to time I am also able to drive a banger lap and can never figure out how I did it. :lol:

I should get in to the habit of saving my replays.

Back