GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,396 comments
Let me guess, Mazda circle jerk at Road Atlanta? How has that fugly car not been nerfed yet. It's ridiculous at this point
First three races I did this morning it wasn't dominant, but by the 4th they were all Mazda's at the front and walking away down the straight. So I think I'm done with dailys for this week, unless Race A is any good.

Oh, and in case folks haven't noticed, race C has Heavy Damage! But with a crap car, the Toyota GR86 RZ'21. I was really hoping that race was going to be the Radical. 😢

Last edited:
Race C seems like a good way to tank my rating and stay in the B pool. :mischievous:

Since I am pretty new to the game, can anyone recommend a good content creator / YT Channel that releases track guides for the daily races? And not just for Gr. 3 and/or 4 but for all the three races.

Race C seems like a good way to tank my rating and stay in the B pool. :mischievous:

Since I am pretty new to the game, can anyone recommend a good content creator / YT Channel that releases track guides for the daily races? And not just for Gr. 3 and/or 4 but for all the three races.
Try this:
I'm sure he'll be here soon posting this weeks guides.

Just had a blast trying out the 2 races this week. (I refuse to acknowledge or deal with the stupid Mazda cup race)
Race C is a blast to sling around and throttle steer while battling. And even though I like the track it does make it hard to pass and since so many people seem to dislike it I expect it to be kind of empty. Had some fantastic side by side racing there as well.

And Daily A is good too. Great car to drive around there. Enough traction for confidence but still able to throttle steer when needed.
A tip is both cars do not like you to be 100 percent off throttle. They like you to keep it revved a bit at all times.

Bravo PD. Great week for me to also get a surprise extra day off.

@Tidgney 's is the go-to guide for me. I believe he will share his video in this thread once it is available.

Here is his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney

For those of you who've tried Road Atlanta this week, do you have to change tires? The race info says "required tire change".

No, you don't need to pit at all, let alone change tyres.
Thanks for clarifying that!
presumably it normally specifies two different types when it has that section?
I think so, but I never really paid much attention. The only reason I noticed it is that when I add a new Race Week Race in GranTracker, for Daly Race B, I can usually see the BOP without scrolling down, and this week I had to scroll down. So I took a look at what was different.

C looks like it'll be okay to me. They did a Gazoo race here a while back and it was fun. I won't be touching A or B (PD would be wise to do a BoP update on that dang Mazda on Thursday).

Kinda hard to do a strat on road cars since they don't eat fuel or tires, but it could've rained at some point. No pit required since the SS tires are fine in the wet but would've spiced things up a bit rather than just another plain old hot lapping session. So not sure of the longevity of the 'funness' once the initial excitement has worn off by Wednesday or so.

Dumb question for those of us behind on the world clock: is it only the Toyota available or is the Subaru BRZ an option? In watching Rory's stream some looks like it's only the Toyota.

Last edited:
Tried a quick race B in the 650 without qualifying - there was a 458 and.... 14 Mazdas!!

I've done what may be a decent qualifying time in the 650, but can't race now due to power going off due a storm 🙄

Edit/ still no power - off for another couple of hours. I should likely crack on and finish painting the bathroom

Edit 2/
Note to self: when power comes back on, remember to switch the steering wheel back on before the race starts .

Last edited:
For those of you who try the Mazda3 at Road Atlanta, and have problems, make sure you watch a leaderboard leader's replay. You need to watch a skilled captain before you take this boat out of the harbor.
What is the easiest way to do this? From the leaderboards I can only load it as a ghost, right?
I think there is still the showroom, but i find it rather difficult to find the right video for the right race.

PD: We hear you’d like road cars in a Race C?

Us: Yes!!!! We’ve been asking for two years! We need new challenges!

PD: Ok, how about this week?

Us: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

PD: Great. Let’s make it a one make race with no tuning, no brake balance, no pit or tire requirements, no fuel or tire wear, no strategy whatsoever, and so few laps you’ll spend most of your time waiting around for the next race!

Us:
Talking Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

unless Race A is any good.
Race A is a surprisingly good time. Try it out! I won’t be touching anything else this week.

What is the easiest way to do this? From the leaderboards I can only load it as a ghost, right?
I think there is still the showroom, but i find it rather difficult to find the right video for the right race.
It’s before you enter the track. Click on race A/B/C, then go to the leaderboard you can see before you actually go to the track. That’s where you can watch the ghost.

And yes, Race A is at very least a fun time trial. Though I Haven’t tried a race yet.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Last edited:
My experience has been that Sunday afternoons and evenings are terrible for racing. I rarely do much racing then.
I should have learned that lesson with "blood" sunday after sunday and however, I keep triyng it just to feel that pain.

Until satruday, I had a real blast at Laguna Seca.
I managed a 1.22.2 (optimal of 1.21.9 wich I never could achieve) wich left me starting on podium in top american lobbies.

Sunday afternoon came and I couldnt resist.

First attempt: I start on P2 and P3 jugdges theres enough gap on turn 3 to divebomb the inside (I left it uncover because I had enough distance to him). He pushed me wide, my car is on the sand and spun.
For more pleasure, I didnt make the safests of the entries and punted some poor fellow who was on last place.
Apollogies to him and rage quit.

Ok, lets try a second attempt.
This time Im on P3 and the same guy who pushed me is on P4.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the last race, maybe he just went too optimistic.
However, this time I decided to close the inside no matter the distance I have on him.

This is what it happened:

This time I didnt rage quit. I went from last to P5 (he finished on P2) and ask him a simple "why?"
He told me that I should have left space because he was already there

I turned off the console and no more racing for me.

PD: We hear you’d like road cars in a Race C?

Us: Yes!!!! We’ve been asking for two years! We need new challenges!

PD: Ok, how about this week?

Us: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

PD: Great. Let’s make it a one make race with no tuning, no brake balance, no pit or tire requirements, no fuel or tire wear, no strategy whatsoever, and so few laps you’ll spend most of your time waiting around for the next race!

Us:
Talking Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Race A is a surprisingly good time. Try it out! I won’t be touching anything else this week.
Well, at least Heavy Damage is making people mostly aware of clean driving (except me, in my first race, thinking an accidental rear-ending would be something i could walk off).

PS: @Famine maybe a mention about that is required in the article?

Last edited:
So for me tried race A and it's a really nice drive that's spider.
Tried Time trial for race B quicky when i feel more confident i might have a try.
Race C i think i will have vena go once i handle a bit more the combo

Race A is spot on. Clean overtaking is possible with care in several places. The car is fun and just the right balance of performance (or lack of) and slippery handling for that track.

This time I didnt rage quit. I went from last to P5 (he finished on P2) and ask him a simple "why?"

Wow. That was really bad for a top level lobby. I only played a handful of race B’s last week and the B/S lobbies were pretty bad (dirty driving). Lots of names I didn’t recognize. I usually finished on the podium or at the back.

I only did 2 races on my main account. 1st attempt was early in the week and it ended up with a last place. Jumped in a race on Friday night and got an unexpected win.

IMG_0145.jpeg

@Tidgney 's is the go-to guide for me. I believe he will share his video in this thread once it is available.

Here is his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney
Appreciate the shoutout and glad the guides can help! In fact this week, the introduction of some new features in those lap guides specifically 👀 .

In terms of the races, Race C is to short and could do with some weather or something to make it a bit more of a race. By the end of the week I suspect there will be 0 overtaking. Race A though is a banger, highly recommend having some fun with that one!

Last edited:
We had a discussion a few weeks ago about the yellow flag rules.

I thought you could pass the car that caused the yellow, but at Laguna yesterday I got a 2 second penalty for doing that?

Car went off at top of hill before corkscrew. It got back on track as I passed it going into the corkscrew. At that point the yellow flag warning flashed again and I got the penalty.

Was this because the car had unghosted?

Can’t resist adding that I tried a few laps in the Maserati at RBR. What a joke! Car had zero grip on those tires. Irl, bet that car has super sticky Pirellis or their equivalent. Imho, PD does road car physics/handling badly.

Last edited:

I thought you could pass the car that caused the yellow, but at Laguna yesterday I got a 2 second penalty for doing that?

Car went off at top of hill before corkscrew. It got back on track as I passed it going into the corkscrew. At that point the yellow flag warning flashed again and I got the penalty.

Can’t resist adding that I tried a few laps in the Maserati at RBR. What a joke! Car had zero grip on those tires. Irl, bet that car has super sticky Pirellis or their equivalent. Imho, PD does road car physics/handling badly.
If the car is on the track and back racing but the yellow flag is still shown you can overtake. This one is a bit of an oddity as you should be able to pass a recovering car.

I tried a Race C this morning. I wonder how many will even be aware that heavy damage is on, or what that even means?! Also, grid start.

I set a decent qualy time and jumped in. The lobby was ABC - only time I've seen that kind of spread in a ranked race. Makes me wonder how popular this weeks C will be.

The race went okay, I don't know if everyone was driving careful or not, but I make turn 1 giving up a position to avoid contact. Then on lap 2, I go wide at turn 1 losing another couple positions. After that I just settle in. The race really spreads out, especially with the large difference in dr drivers.

Finish P6 and actually lost a couple points! ugh. I'll try again, but likely won't keep returning through the week.

Now, I really need to work on my group4 skills. I'm so bad I've been avoiding those lately. I'll turn some qualy laps at RA but if I don't get a decent position on the board, it will just be those practice laps for me.

I should have learned that lesson with "blood" sunday after sunday and however, I keep triyng it just to feel that pain.

Until satruday, I had a real blast at Laguna Seca.
I managed a 1.22.2 (optimal of 1.21.9 wich I never could achieve) wich left me starting on podium in top american lobbies.

Sunday afternoon came and I couldnt resist.

First attempt: I start on P2 and P3 jugdges theres enough gap on turn 3 to divebomb the inside (I left it uncover because I had enough distance to him). He pushed me wide, my car is on the sand and spun.
For more pleasure, I didnt make the safests of the entries and punted some poor fellow who was on last place.
Apollogies to him and rage quit.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the last race, maybe he just went too optimistic.
However, this time I decided to close the inside no matter the distance I have on him.

This is what it happened:

That was clearly dirty on his part. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I've pretty much given up racing my main account on the weekends. The quality dissolves too much. I will try on the my Alt account though. In fact I mostly race Tue/Wed now with Mon as practice. After that it gets a lot more sporadic..

That car had more than enough grip, if driven correctly. You can’t expect road cars, no matter how fancy, to ever drive like a dedicated race car. They will always still need to be driven like road cars, and PD does road cars really well.

Last edited:
He had a better run out of the corner stayed on the inside.

Being pragmatic I wouldn't trust trying to cover or close the door with a car that close behind.

A couple of reasons:

What happened to you, there was no where else for him to go he was already at the sand. So it looks from his perspective you weren't giving him a cars width.

The second reason is putting a car that close to your back bumper when he doesn't know your braking points, braking style and he may have slower reactions as well is inviting trouble.

And in to that corner you don't want to be on the inside as you can be pinned to the inside on the fast corner and it just loses a whole bunch of time and squeezes the pack tight with cars all over the place on and off line.

This scenario invites more potential danger opportunities or being caught up in someone else's incident etc.

Just my 2p

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back