GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,399 comments
Appreciate the shoutout and glad the guides can help! In fact this week, the introduction of some new features in those lap guides specifically 👀 .

In terms of the races, Race C is to short and could do with some weather or something to make it a bit more of a race. By the end of the week I suspect there will be 0 overtaking. Race A though is a banger, highly recommend having some fun with that one!

Hey @Tidgney :)

As you're also using the DD Pro, would you mind sharing the actual wheel settings please? At the moment seems I am either having too light/ soft inputs or quite the opposite, hard to turn :D I am sure many of us commoners would love to see what your wheel and in-game sens are, if you don't mind :)

Thanks!

As you're also using the DD Pro, would you mind sharing the actual wheel settings please? At the moment seems I am either having too light/ soft inputs or quite the opposite, hard to turn :D I am sure many of us commoners would love to see what your wheel and in-game sens are, if you don't mind :)

Thanks!

If you also search a video mistaMCA did on Alsace with the mini about a year ago, I use his settings, pretty decent, the video had a subject of something like 1.02.000 or something similar

Thanks!
My wheel settings are in my review (In the conclusion), but honestly I just plugged in and played the game I made 0 adjustments at all to the wheel.

Oh well. Time to grind for SR. DR I don't care about, but after 2 and change races in Daily C last night I need some SR. First race I'm near the back of a heavy A/A+ field. Hit from behind into the scrum at turn 1 for damage, then run off track at turn 2, and then the hairpin for good measure. Caught back up but got stuck behind someone who wasn't exactly dirty, but took a massive wide entry to every corner and even if I got inside would turn in on me, or turn in front of me while hitting the brakes. Same line every lap though. Didn't stop me from accidentally plowing into them a couple of times before I learned.

Second race I was on pole should have run away but slid wide lap 1 at the nasty downhill left and dropped to p2. No problem, until turn 1 lap 2 when I'm rammed clear off track from a solid 0.8 behind. Damage to the rear and having to reverse to get back on. Chaos and carnage in the pack from then as slower drivers swerve block or crash into me to prevent me from passing. Again accidentally took out someone but waited. They braked early and moved to get out of the way, but when I saw them braking early I moved outside to avoid rear ending them. But that's the way they moved so ugh.

Just sloppy. And people with zero care or spatial awareness.

I have some settings if you want them mate, the only thing I tweak is the GT7 torque setting for some cars. But mine are for me driving with bumper cam, they feel nice in cockpit but I couldn't comment on VR with them.
I appreciate it mate, I really do! However, made some small tweaks and it seems to be working out well atm 😂 🤪 I think I have a few more tenths to shave but trying out a few different cars and wheel settings right now..

1706028433761.jpeg

What do you think @newmedia_dev ? 🥸

I appreciate it mate, I really do! However, made some small tweaks and it seems to be working out well atm 😂 🤪 I think I have a few more tenths to shave but trying out a few different cars and wheel settings right now..

View attachment 1321870

What do you think @newmedia_dev ? 🥸
I think bastard, that is what I think. And I'm thinking it lots! 🤣

❤️ 😂 ❤️

Actually went a bit faster since posting, whilst waiting for the 1st race of the week 😂

Again, I know I can do better... As for the race, missed out on fastest lap by 0.03s grr but was cool all race and just keeping pressure on P1, who drove well and didn't buckle. The Mazda 3 continues to be stupid, I was losing half a second on the straights to P3 but thankfully the McLaren handling shone through and I managed to build a decent gap!

1706032469641.png

1706032150788.jpeg

PS - @newmedia_dev here is a post of yours from Sunday, hence the added motivation 😂🤪

1706032205165.png

Last edited:
I'd guarantee you were not carrying the same speed in real life as you would in the game.

That is the difference, feeling the speed vs having speed are two very different things.

Not one person on this forum can honestly say, mechanical sympathy or cost of ownership weigh in to the way they drive cars, in the game. When it's your life on the actual line I'd assume everything feels a bit different.
I can guarantee I was! Won my class twice. Was really pushing the car.

And even if I wasn’t, the difference in grip was so stark that it can’t be explained by being 9/10ths irl and 10/10 in the game. I’m talking the difference between a bit of exit oversteer irl and sliding sideways off the track in the game.

I can guarantee I was! Won my class twice. Was really pushing the car.

And even if I wasn’t, the difference in grip was so stark that it can’t be explained by being 9/10ths irl and 10/10 in the game. I’m talking the difference between a bit of exit oversteer irl and sliding sideways off the track in the game.
That's commitment bud. I do a lot of track days in car and motorbike so I know, you bend it you buy it or pay for it. That's why I'd guarantee you weren't driving like you would in gt. That's ok. It lets us compare apples and apples etc.

The difference is looking at the speedometer in GT and comparing that to real world.

For us to do some of these times requires distancing ourselves from reality.

The real world laps mostly match ours but we are very much not their pace and definitely abuse the car more than they do.

That was my point.

I'm not here to criticise. Or argue.

Also that @TechnoIsLove can bloody do one with his his time!

18d378de5d62-screenshotUrl.jpg

Slowly working my way back into this cesspool that is online racing. Was in 2 or 3 clean ones this morning where I did pretty well. Won 2 of them running away and one or two I found myself no longer on the track from stupid moves trying to push my way back. Sorry if I speared you in any races today. It was eat or be eaten. Nothing personal. 😂

D is better than C except I have a high level C or even B pace so it seems as long as I keep it all together I don't even see a car. I exist between two worlds and both of them are lame.

View attachment 1321894

Slowly working my way back into this cesspool that is online racing. Was in 2 or 3 clean ones this morning where I did pretty well. Won 2 of them running away and one or two I found myself no longer on the track from stupid moves trying to push my way back. Sorry if I speared you in any races today. It was eat or be eaten. Nothing personal. 😂

D is better than C except I have a high level C or even B pace so it seems as long as I keep it all together I don't even see a car. I exist between two worlds and both of them are lame.
Add me as a friend, and we can do some practice (not driving for times but flowing round the circuit)

gcooley66 or gcooley_66

Consistency and close racing together. Make it a whole gt thing if they want, I'm not alien pace but run a cusp pace but my consistency and race raft always needs improving.

There is no reason on this forum peeps should be languishing in C, so let's bring everyone up. The top guys post their settings and guides. Let's just work together to raise the standards

Add me as a friend, and we can do some practice (not driving for times but flowing round the circuit)

gcooley66 or gcooley_66

Consistency and close racing together. Make it a whole gt thing if they want, I'm not alien pace but run a cusp pace but my consistency and race raft always needs improving.

There is no reason on this forum peeps should be languishing in C, so let's bring everyone up. The top guys post their settings and guides. Let's just work together to raise the standards
@330_D -Don't waste your time befriending such as slow dude like @newmedia_dev 😂

I mean look at the below, even after improving again after making a massive mistake during my fastest lap, you could set up a tent, fish for a decent trout, start a fire and eat a delicious meal as he finishes his slow lap, considering the massive gap between his time and mine! 🤪🥳🤓

1706036737484.png

Mine is TechnoIsLove if you want to add ;)

Last edited:
@330_D -Don't waste your time befriending such as slow dude like @newmedia_dev 😂

I mean look at the below, even after improving again after making a massive mistake during my fastest lap, you could set up a tent, fish for a decent trout, start a fire and eat a delicious meal as he finishes his slow lap, considering the massive gap between his time and mine! 🤪🥳🤓

View attachment 1321925

Mine is TechnoIsLove if you want to add ;)
You are gonna regret this @TechnoIsLove i have a 1.24 in me, im just sand bagging for the the weekend.

Bastard bastard bastard 🤣

My trout was lovely with new potatoes and asparagus watching you batter round the track 🤣

Last edited:
That's commitment bud. I do a lot of track days in car and motorbike so I know, you bend it you buy it or pay for it. That's why I'd guarantee you weren't driving like you would in gt. That's ok. It lets us compare apples and apples etc.

The difference is looking at the speedometer in GT and comparing that to real world.

For us to do some of these times requires distancing ourselves from reality.

The real world laps mostly match ours but we are very much not their pace and definitely abuse the car more than they do.

That was my point.

I'm not here to criticise. Or argue.

Also that @TechnoIsLove can bloody do one with his his time!
But I said even if I was at 9/10, or 8/10, the grip level in the game was so much worse that it wouldn’t account for the difference.

Not here to argue either. To really solve this question we’d need a track and car irl and a way to capture lap data, and then we’d need to jump on GT in the same car and track with same setup and tires and conditions.

Which is unlikely to happen! Be fun to try though.

I just think the differences are so stark that it’s unlikely that GT has road car physics and tires even close to being like reality.

Last edited:
But I said even if I was at 9/10, or 8/10, the grip level in the game was so much worse that it wouldn’t account for the difference.

Not here to argue either. To really solve this question we’d need a track and car irl and a way to capture lap data, and then we’d need to jump on GT in the same car and track with same setup and tires and conditions.

Which is unlikely to happen! Be fun to try though.

I just think the differences are so stark that it’s unlikely that GT has road car physics and tires even close to being like reality.
The civic type r time trial record sort of proved the car and tyres matched real life.

It gets massively dubious in the extreme ends I agree.

I think personally SS should be SM. I think that RH is a bit of and oddity. I think comfort tyres while period correct are awful.

The only thing I will say, is we all have to be hampered or deal with what the game gives us. Yes we get race x tyres, so does everyone else.

Don’t you just hate it when you’re chasing the worlds fastest ghost and you’re beginning to think, hang on, I’m keeping up with this lad, to look down at your split, and realize that you’re.7s up on a time that would have put you on target for a 1:25.1ish time at Road Atlanta. You then explain “Holly ****!” And then immediately screw up the last chicane so you don’t even beat your prior best? :banghead:

Seeing split time is my nemesis.

So I then spend numerous laps trying to get it back. I failed but I did get to tie with @Dep Fishtail.

View attachment 1321789

I got a new appreciation for the F-Type, now that I understand how to drive it. Shift point is key. Shift up at around 98% rev bar. You don’t want to rev it out.

That said, I can’t get back to this until Thursday night when I get back from a trip.

Have fun folks. Just be glad that the Mazda’s is not the Mets this week.

Edit.

My lap for anyone who cares.
GT7 | Daily Race B 24-04 | My 1:25.448 QT in the F-Type at Road Atlanta

I’ve heard of people putting a little piece of tape over the delta/splits on their screen during Qually. I know I look at it way too much myself, I’ve considered covering it too lol.

I’ve heard of people putting a little piece of tape over the delta/splits on their screen during Qually. I know I look at it way too much myself, I’ve considered covering it too lol.
Do whatever works for you mate.

I don't do that personally as I do multi lap sessions even with penalties or bad sectors. I'm not a "restart" person but everyone's mileage varies.

There is no answers other than what works for you :)

gcooley66 or gcooley_66

I honestly don't think it's race craft because in an all S lobby I generally can pace and not tangle. I had a killer outside pass going into the esses over the hill at RA . It's not uncommon that I'm the fastest guy in the lobby I find myself in. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong in the sense that even with that pace they'll murder me in braking zones. I'll have the fastest lap by a margin and they think the way to win is to smash me to hell. I know it's the same for everyone I just need to find that balance where I'm not being to pushy but also not being pushed around. I will certainly take you up on your offer. I'll find you when I'm back on. You too @TechnoIsLove

Do whatever works for you mate.

I don't do that personally as I do multi lap sessions even with penalties or bad sectors. I'm not a "restart" person but everyone's mileage varies.

There is no answers other than what works for you :)
Thinking about changing my qualy time YT video....

Thoughts on the below, new title??

1706044328165.png

😂 🥳

Attachments

• 1706044260201.png
    1706044260201.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Omg you are alive @TechnoIsLove

Because you were dead to me!

Personally I think it's a great tittle especially when I smash your slow time tomorrow.

Bastard bastard bastard....🤣

It's all love and banter bud xx

I know ❤️ ! Missed this kind of foolery as it's been a while since @Leon Kowalski and I had an LB challenge 😁 All I know is it pushes us to be better and improve so may the banter and love continue forever 🥳😎

Last edited:
Game on boys ;)

that took me like 45 minutes in this car...
Was about to say!

Did a race just now and had a good result, only to take a peek at the LB before what I thought was bedtime... 😂

1706052312713.jpeg

1706052322740.jpeg

Be seeing you soon, pony-boy! 😂 PS - It's a Mustang reference @Nebuc72 - Haven't met in person so no idea what your facial features are for the pun to have a hidden meaning🤪🙃🐎😘

Though I imagine you look similar to thie attached 🤣

Attachments

• 20-facts-might-know-et-extraterrestrial.jpg
    20-facts-might-know-et-extraterrestrial.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back