GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,400 comments
Did my SR recovery mission last night. SR recovery ended up successful, but racing wasn't exactly.
Race 1: on pole, rammed off on turn 2 by a guy who was actually faster through the race. Dropped to p11, drove back to p2 with an awkward moment where I got rear ended into someone else and ended up keeping the spot. Until I binned it on the downhill right and finished near the back.
Race 2: pole, easy drive away. Until lap 3 when I bin it on the downhill right. Again. 2 laps later in p7 I do it again. Finish p11.
Race 3: pole, gap the field easy until I somehow space out and drop a wheel on the grass agter turn 1 and spin to near last. Lap clean by myself at the back to just save SR. Finish p13.
Race 4: pole, enter a long race long battle with a great clean driver who probably was fed up with how slow I was taking the downhill right. Lap 7 as he is passing me and I'm trying to hang on on the outside on the long sweeping left I drop a wheel on the grass and just drift wide. Eventually spinning and dropping to p4 on recovery, but SR back to full.

I can't figure out what's going on in that turn. But I'll get there

Doesn't appear to be a single BoP change in Gr.4.

Christ, PD.
Was just going to ask that while I'm downloading it. Very disappointing. Another 3 or 4 months of being held up in the twisty bits or run wide by understeering Mazdas then left behind on the straights.

Can't say I'm that interested in the new cars either ☹️

For those of you who think Road Atlanta is just a Mazdafest, check out this lobby:

View attachment 1321960

I didn't win - I got a .5 second penalty on the first lap, and that moved me back to 5th. Ended up finishing second by a half-second.
I've done a few races on my US account and noticed far less Mazdas than my UK one. A+ guy in US won in a GTR with a Jag 2nd , I was 3rd in the 650 til I found a nice piece of gravel to run through.

Last edited:
IMG_0116.png

IMG_0117.png

I wonder if they're de-emphasising Gr.4 as a class in general across Sport Mode. No BoP changes when Gr.3 has had a major shift, seemingly being removed from GT1 Manufacturers... it seems to be the direction they're going in. Makes some sense to me, there's so much disparate stuff in it that it must be a nightmare to balance.

They still should have nerfed the Mazda of course though, that thing is OP OP.

Anticipating a possible Gr 4 race at Deep Forest. Don't tell me, the Mazda is also great for looking after the tyres? Or could that see it nerfed from being the Meta, I remember the Alfa 4C was great at Brands when we had a tyre saving race there.
That's what I was sort of thinking the Mazda while shredding its tyres would be using a large amount of fuel at the same time.

I can't remember a time we had just RS on Gr4 though.

Working backwards in Gr4 to fill the 20-22min typical race length and a rough lap time of 1:48 its gonna be 12-15 laps I think.

If it is Gr4 we may have our first viable strategy race in a long time in both car and pitstop timing as long as the RS don't do 90% of the race distance.

The other option is it's going to be Gr2 or similar.

B looks like a standard Gr3 sprint 5ish laps I reckon.

A is surely the Jimny although that's also the nations race I believe?

Anticipating a possible Gr 4 race at Deep Forest. Don't tell me, the Mazda is also great for looking after the tyres? Or could that see it nerfed from being the Meta, I remember the Alfa 4C was great at Brands when we had a tyre saving race there.
I recently started doing some tire wear profiling on Gr.4 cars (at Suzuka - East Course, 25x tire wear, RH tires, BoP enabled) in preparation for the next season of the Manufacturers Cup. While I haven't gotten through all the cars yet, I've tested both the Mazda3 and the 4C.

The 4C is, by far, the best of the cars that I've tested so far. It ran for 18.9km before the first tire showed completely worn.

The Mazda3 was near the bottom, getting only 9.7km before the first tire went.

Other cars that did well were the Citroen (14km) and Honda (13.7km).

YMMV, of course.

More of the usual I guess...

Gr3 for Watkins and Gr4 Deep Forest if they switch Groups from the last time they had these 2 tracks available together.. Meh

Just started my evening driving and as a warm up, hopped into B account and went well, I think 🤪 It's becoming annoying that someone snatches the fastest lap from me on the final lap... 4th time in a row now 😵‍💫

1706203751584.jpeg
1706203758870.jpeg
1706203770701.jpeg

@newmedia_dev I guess this makes you lose twice to me in a single week over the same track? 🧐🤫 Btw, on a serious note, I am thrilled for you to be employed again! Peace of mind is one of the key things in life and we all need it! Well done on that 😎🥳

Awesome for race b next week!
Race B will be fun, the new BOP changes make loads of cars viable.

The McLaren will be strong, the AMG as well.

The Porsche obviously but there will be more of a choice. I'd almost imagine the vision French cars could put a time in.

I wouldn't discount the nerfed cars either as it's a long track and they are balancing things so, it's a nerf on paper they still might be viable. I mean the M6 is always gonna be a contender so is the RCZ. Now sure on the BRZ now though, but it isn't a track it's suited too.

Race B will be fun, the new BOP changes make loads of cars viable.

The McLaren will be strong, the AMG as well.

The Porsche obviously but there will be more of a choice. I'd almost imagine the vision French cars could put a time in.

I wouldn't discount the nerfed cars either as it's a long track and they are balancing things so, it's a nerf on paper they still might be viable. I mean the M6 is always gonna be a contender so is the RCZ. Now sure on the BRZ now though, but it isn't a track it's suited too.
I see you totally ignored my last post :P

Had a great final 3 laps alongside a driver with very good skill and sportsmanship! Was great fun - started P6 on main account and finished in P5 with some distracting lag spikes almost causing me to crash a couple of times 😅

1706208704364.jpeg
1706208712069.jpeg

Last edited:
More of the usual I guess...

Gr3 for Watkins and Gr4 Deep Forest if they switch Groups from the last time they had these 2 tracks available together.. Meh

Just started my evening driving and as a warm up, hopped into B account and went well, I think 🤪 It's becoming annoying that someone snatches the fastest lap from me on the final lap... 4th time in a row now 😵‍💫

View attachment 1322460 View attachment 1322461 View attachment 1322462

@newmedia_dev I guess this makes you lose twice to me in a single week over the same track? 🧐🤫 Btw, on a serious note, I am thrilled for you to be employed again! Peace of mind is one of the key things in life and we all need it! Well done on that 😎🥳
Sorry, my family doesn't feed its self and looking at your lap times I had plenty of time to go fishing, race on my alt account.

Congrats on your first win though 👍 it takes effort and commitment so keep it up. You will get there ;) rooting for you mate

🤣🤣🤣

Doesn't appear to be a single BoP change in Gr.4.

Christ, PD.
This is one of the reasons why I left racing a year ago. It seems like the most basic thing to have BoP actually be a “balance,” but the meta cars just make this unbearable. Sure, we could all just mentally commit to one-make races and just compete, but again this isn’t what I’m interested in and why I left.

How is it that, after two full years, PD still doesn’t create a Race C that requires actual strategy? I don’t want to do sprint races, or fuel-saving races (slow-motion sprints?) but that’s all we get. It’s disappointing.

This is one of the reasons why I left racing a year ago. It seems like the most basic thing to have BoP actually be a “balance,” but the meta cars just make this unbearable. Sure, we could all just mentally commit to one-make races and just compete, but again this isn’t what I’m interested in and why I left.

How is it that, after two full years, PD still doesn’t create a Race C that requires actual strategy? I don’t want to do sprint races, or fuel-saving races (slow-motion sprints?) but that’s all we get. It’s disappointing.
Yeah, it sucks. But they're just not interested. I've relegated myself to that.

It's unfortunate that driving and general variety in GT7 is as good as it is. I would love to go elsewhere but I love driving stuff like the Jimny or something like an MR-2 and the sad fact is that they're not avaliable to drive officially in any other sim, So I stick with GT7. And I enjoy what's there, it just hurts knowing that with someone caring, it could be so much more.

I didn't try to improve my time for Race B. I'm in a good spot with it. I did try the Mazda and I cannot drive that thing at all. Not a fan of the FF cars.

My first race put me in P5 to start. The first 2 laps are great with the top 6 all in a little train with a nice quick pace. On lap 3, P2 went wide and rejoined right where I was making my turn. But I drifted a bit wide and we came together and of course I get the worst of it. I'm probably more to blame for that incident honestly. I fall to P12 and eventually P16 as I royally mess up the final chicane on the last lap. Not a great start.

My second race also has me in P5. I run wide exiting turn 7 and a swarm of Mazdas get by me. I manage to defend P8 the remainder of the race so not all bad I guess.

My final race of the night has me in P3 and I get hit twice on the exit of the esses. The first one was a driver missed their brake point and hit the rear of the car that sent me into a slide. Then another car hits me as I am trying to save the slide. The first driver apologized then left the lobby. I would have liked to say something back but it was not to be. So yeah, not a fun time. Add to that a bunch of off track penalties lands me in P14 at the finish line.

Tonight I was a magnet for wrecks it seems. I know it's going to happen, but twice in a night is a bit discouraging. Speaking of discouraging, my DR took a huge hit after tonight. All of the progress I made was gone just like that. It's just a stupid number, but one day I want to get that A rank. I'm probably done for the week as I'm getting tired of getting out run by the Mazda. NERF PLS!

It is with extreme pride and exhilaration that I present the following to my leaderboard buddies:

View attachment 1322524
Yeah, I'm not touching that time any time soon. Bravo sir.

Well, well. Looks like we're back racing at Michelin Atlanta Raceway, this time with Group 4 cars, I really dislike the first sector because it's a hit or miss. You either get it right or you get one part wrong and it causes a domino effect.

Sector 2 isn't bad, just takes some patience getting used to the tricky turns. See timing is key here.

Good gawd it sucks that I can’t even get in the top 10 on the friends list. I need to unfriend a bunch of you… :D

View attachment 1322591
My UK time is 25.029, but was on for a 24.8ish and mucked up the exit coming on to the long straight - heartbreaking to watch 0.5 second gap decrease 😂😭

Edit/ after much practice I was able to gain time in the first sector by braking slightly earlier - felt slower but gained time

Last edited:
This week has convinced me that the thing to change to make dailies less stale is the cars, not the tracks. I don't even think 86s at Autopolis is all that good a combination, but I've been way more motivated to keep coming back to it each day than I would have been for Gr.3 Daily Race C number 60.

Back