GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,403 comments
For the life of me I don't know where I am going wrong at Atlanta.

I've tried different cars, done the short shift exits, normal gear exits, abused the track limits within an mm of their existence.

I'm not trying to get in to the top 10 or anything but damn this one is a tight combo time wise.

Even my optimum this morning in 3 20 lap each sessions from1:24:98x to 1:24.96x so I can see I'm consistent but just not finding time :(

Well as i had until now just done a few race A this week , i decide today i will have a go at race C.

First did a bit of tt to try to get an average time. Managed a time just under 2.08 w with practice i might be able to be around 2.06 but not sure i will for two days left

Then did 3 race , first two full lobby B with sr from E to A and each another C/S driver.
Start p11 finish P11 with rear red after one push me hard out.
Second start P8 finish P9 avoid damage.
Third race start P8 finish P6 all C lobby and was a nice clean race with all about the same time.
I like the combo, car not too sleepy with enough power and track that is fun to race.
Hope everyone else managed some fun on this week races

I've tried different cars, done the short shift exits, normal gear exits, abused the track limits within an mm of their existence.

I'm not trying to get in to the top 10 or anything but damn this one is a tight combo time wise.

Even my optimum this morning in 3 20 lap each sessions from1:24:98x to 1:24.96x so I can see I'm consistent but just not finding time :(
1:24.9 is a pretty decent time!

I found myself losing the most time in corner exits where I cannot jump onto the thottle early enough to utilize the max. grip available from the car.

That was extremely difficult to grind off less than a 1/10th

IMG_0119.jpeg

I feel the same way. I've done more qually laps than race laps this week and I have no idea how I could shave a second off. I feel like I'm running this circuit as tight as I can. My optimum is only 2 tenths off my best and that's over 100 laps.

I feel the same way. I've done more qually laps than race laps this week and I have no idea how I could shave a second off. I feel like I'm running this circuit as tight as I can. My optimum is only 2 tenths off my best and that's over 100 laps.
It's not helping that in race the Jag users have to be robust in each corner to make up the back straight speed difference.

If the Mazda wasn't in the game there we be at least 5/6 viable cars.

Pace wise I think the Mazda isn't the best QT car but race wise sadly it's a no brainer.

I have done Mazda (my original time) the Jag (not good enough with it) and the Veyron which is my go to mistress from the 650 :)

Have the same feeling as you in that there is no more time on the table for my ability level this week.

Sorry, but you're in the 1:24s. I have no sympathy for you! :lol:
My UK time is 25.029, but was on for a 24.8ish and mucked up the exit coming on to the long straight - heartbreaking to watch 0.5 second gap decrease 😂😭

Edit/ after much practice I was able to gain time in the first sector by braking slightly earlier - felt slower but gained time
Running my ghost on top of the fastest Veyron ghost there is (in 72nd place I think) I can keep up and be overlapping through sector 1. It is from turn 5 I start to slip back. I have trouble carrying my speed there and not getting a penalty. I see the LB ghosts all turn on the grass with only their left wheels on the track edge. I have trouble doing this without spinning out, but certain cars it's easier. Still I get a lot of pixel penalties and I don't understand where the penalty line stops coming out of the corner as if I follow a ghost I seemingly get a penalty but they did not (they must have been on the last pixel).

I also lose time coming out of turn 7. I'm more consistent on that now, so that is less of an issue, but the falling back from turn 5 is carrying over to here. What really kills me is the final chicane (turn 10) after the straight. I just have trouble with consistent braking and turn-in through that. It is very hit and miss and I think I probably lose over a second right there. It can be very frustrating when you're over a 1/2s up before braking on the straight and then as you reach the top of the hill, under the bridge you realize you a now 1/2s back.. :banghead:

EDIT: Now I'm beginning to get to grips with the Veyron I like how that drives and sounds. In contrast, the Mazda makes me want to vomit. 🤮

Last edited:
When I was in 6. place today at Atlanta I had some huge FPS dips on the down hill section after the first chicane. So much so that I almost missed the braking for the fast left that follows. Never had this before. Super strange.

Gallo has put a Veyron 4th Normsk and apart from I don't do the full off the curb for the elbow uphill left it's a good ghost to follow.

For anyone struggling with pace turn on ghost position reset for sectors. For anyone else I'd recommend just trying to keep whatever offset you have set stable.

As for myself, I need to work on much smoother throttle, braking, lines, car control, house work, tidying up after myself, vision, braking points....

Edit:

@Celico The frame rate drops and tearing have been awful for me, near trial mountain levels. Like seriously running at 20fps levels!

Last edited:
Gallo has put a Veyron 4th Normsk and apart from I don't do the full off the curb for the elbow uphill left it's a good ghost to follow.

For anyone struggling with pace turn on ghost position reset for sectors. For anyone else I'd recommend just trying to keep whatever offset you have set stable.

As for myself, I need to work on much smoother throttle, braking, lines, car control, house work, tidying up after myself, vision, braking points....

Edit:

@Celico The frame rate drops and tearing have been awful for me, near trial mountain levels. Like seriously running at 20fps levels!
Am I really dead to you? ☹️😭

Why didn't you tag me and call me names after you beat my time?! I am sad.

Sorry I was fishing, the signal is a bit weak. The trout was strong though x :)

Also I didn't want to gloat, was trying to have some decorum :)
Nice hidden jab over there, I am sure you didn't have my past few days' comments in mind when writing this:

"Also I didn't want to gloat, was trying to have some decorum :)"

😂 😂

Well done dude, may the trout be with you always!

Nice hidden jab over there, I am sure you didn't have my past few days' comments in mind when writing this:

"Also I didn't want to gloat, was trying to have some decorum :)"

😂 😂

Well done dude, may the trout be with you always!
Hey it's not banter if it's obvious.

Would you like some trout. I caught loads waiting for you to finish....all 1/100ths of it!

X
Edit I stayed away from the fezza and 650 to make this fair. If we ignore @Nebuc72 then the results currently stand :)

Yeay I win! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I am annoyed but also relieved to make it out alive... Mind you, this is on my main account with only A+/ A drivers in the lobby! The mayhem and savagery and also stupidity/ lack of awareness was mind-blowing! Started in P9 and at times, was in P7 but mostly getting pushed or shoved down to P12....

Thankfully I managed to finished in one piece and pleased with how I coped with things but overall, quite annoyed. This should not be happening at this level.... P11 finish but at least still got my clean race and somehow, no loss to DR 😵‍💫

I am annoyed but also relieved to make it out alive... Mind you, this is on my main account with only A+/ A drivers in the lobby! The mayhem and savagery and also stupidity/ lack of awareness was mind-blowing! Started in P9 and at times, was in P7 but mostly getting pushed or shoved down to P12....

Thankfully I managed to finished in one piece and pleased with how I coped with things but overall, quite annoyed. This should not be happening at this level.... P11 finish but at least still got my clean race and somehow, no loss to DR 😵‍💫

lol lol lol, you race your peers not ratings! You should fish more it's more therapeutic and good for the soul!

All seriousness good work my friend. I had a mixed night, switched to my alt account not to preserve rating but my dignity if I'm being honest.

Chuffed to finally get a win on RA at B/C, shaved a few tenths off my time so now sitting at 1.25.670 and was surprised at getting a pole and even more surprised that drivers behind stayed behind me

Edit: let’s make that 2 wins from 2 poles and back to B/B

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well when only C lobby you feel lvl is about the same and that make really nice racing.
This race C combo is i think perfect for more than average driver as me.

18d476690cd37-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436812423522200_1706298529383.jpg

Start P3 , took P2 after first turn and then all the race exchange it a few time with no contact at all.
The one that start P2 and screw his start tried end of straight on last lap to screw my race and the one P3 while we were side by side starting to turn on corner , we both managed to keep on track while raging kid end in the sand and left.
Really intense and nice racing.
Ty Miss Maverick for this nice and clean racing

Edit: forget to mention Esther aged 10 did her first ever online race on race A and managed to finish 8 with clean race bonus.

Last edited:
Chuffed to finally get a win on RA at B/C, shaved a few tenths off my time so now sitting at 1.25.670 and was surprised at getting a pole and even more surprised that drivers behind stayed behind me

Edit: let’s make that 2 wins from 2 poles and back to B/B
Solid work dude!

Edit, there is no reason you guys are not S rated.

Need to work on avoiding that contact peeps

Last edited:
lol lol lol, you race your peers not ratings! You should fish more it's more therapeutic and good for the soul!

All seriousness good work my friend. I had a mixed night, switched to my alt account not to preserve rating but my dignity if I'm being honest.

I always smile every time you tell me to go fish because.... I LOVE fishing 🤣 Always have my rods, bait box, tent and picnic chair readily available in the boot of my car 🤣 And you're not wrong at all, extremely therapeutic 😜😁

I hopped into 2nd account after that crazy race and had 2 great sessions, quite pleased with my driving 😁

Attachments

• 18d475f778892-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d475f778892-screenshotUrl.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 18d475f90b044-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18d475f90b044-screenshotUrl.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10

That is what happens when a bunch of Mazdas trying to do sector 1 in McLaren/Jag speed 😂 but well done on keeping your car on the black stuff, could have been way worse!

Didn’t get to do any daily race lately with me trying to Gold that God awful Genesis X VGT time trial!

I have to say that the damage modifier in this weeks BRZ race is the best change I've experienced in GT7 to date.

The fact that there are consequences for the morons who wreck others, it's.... it's sweet poetry. Maybe it's anectodical but I've experienced cleaner racing this week because of it.
Does damages result in a slower car automatically? Or a drifting to left or right?

My first race, I get punted in T1, hit the car In front, everything blinking red ...I go from p6 to P16. But manage to climb up to p11. Maybe the other cars were damages too and we were on the same disadvantage.

Fortunately, I had many incident free races after...

Does damages result in a slower car automatically? Or a drifting to left or right?

My first race, I get punted in T1, hit the car In front, everything blinking red ...I go from p6 to P16. But manage to climb up to p11. Maybe the other cars were damages too and we were on the same disadvantage.

Fortunately, I had many incident free races after...
from my own experience -

suspension damage, the little triangle next to the wheel results in poor handling, i.e. drifting left/right. Not sure if this affects top speed, doesn't seem to do that in my own experience but I can't say for certain.

aero damage, the front or back bumpers results in reduced top speed, sometimes extremely.

Edit: aero damage may not be as noticeable in tight, frequent corners, since you are not hitting top speeds. You will definitely notice it on long straights.

we won't even discuss the engine damage! (never been hit hard enough to experience it) I'm sure it is catastrophic.

If these are wrong or incomplete, please someone correct me.

Last edited:
Just for the fun , and also because was a nice one.
18d4826cefa99-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436815982842569_1706312432978.jpg
18d4826fcc950-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436815988093687_1706312453490.jpg

18d48272b3915-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436815995645738_1706312482991.jpg

18d4827462c75-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_436815999565069_1706312498301.jpg

Was a few turn i was close to him and he was on the edge, saw him going a bit wide and a bit in trouble loosing his rear.
Reduce just a bit speed to get in and pass without touching him.
End of straight as he did not like to be pass he throw me out , and another time hardly next turn. I finish race full red front and rear , car pulling heavily right, end P6 with fairplay bonus 😉✌️

Last edited:
I have been having an absolute blast at RA this week. I haven't always driven well, and I almost quit a few times (actually, I did quit a few times) but when I hung in there, I managed to get back enough places to not cost me much.

But mostly, now that I'm driving in A+/A lobbies, the battles have been awesome. Yes, people are passing in odd spots, but it works. If everyone plays nice, there may be paint scrapes, but it's all in good fun. I honestly haven't been involved in anything nasty.

I wish it was always like this.

Oh snap!

Sorry @TechnoIsLove and @newmedia_dev. I know you’re having a friendly battle, but why bother when you’re obviously stuck in 1st gear? :D
IMG_7773.jpeg

IMG_7772.jpeg

Surprisingly, I changed my engine oil and my Veyron suddenly found some mojo. I know it’s not supposed to work like that for BoP events so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Video of my surprising achievement.

GT7 (Daily Race B 24-04 | 1:24.9 QT Veyron at Road Atlanta

Poking 🐻 🐻

Edit. Little good the time did me. In my first race, which I took the Mazda 3 out, it was only good enough for eighth on the grid. A lot of argy-bargy and me missing my braking point at the chicane skewering someone caused me to be in last place on lap four so I just quit. The quality of the racing was horrible. I guess that’s Friday night for you.

Last edited:
I am sick and tired of the whining in this group. 1.25 this, 1.24 that - sickening. Don't you people understand the more you race the more you get your money's worth from the game. Just like golf, the higher the QT the more you can enjoy racing. For those who post a QT of 1.29 or worse I salute you . . . and will see you on the track.

Happy weekend to all!

Back