GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,403 comments
Preface: After editing the video and looking at the incidents, I think I did fine in both incidents. But since I went through the trouble of editing the video, I thought I'd post it and ask questions anyway.

In my last race, I did something right at the start, and something kind of similar at the end, and I'm wondering if I did anything "wrong". Nobody complained - I 'm just wondering.

The first time, it was at T1 Lap 1. Because of where we started back in the pack (on the downhill portion), I got a little boost over the guy in front, and backed off just a hair before T1. The guy behind me got an even better boost from the downhill, and I was watching him like a hawk in case he tried to dive inside. As soon as I saw him start to move, I moved a little to cut him off. Was this OK?

The second time was right at the end. I'm pretty sure this was cool, but the guy behind me had a better exit from the chicane, and I knew he'd try to pass me. I kind-of just hogged the middle of the track. I didn't swerve or anything like that, but I made sure I was in the way. This was cool, wasn't it?

Preface: After editing the video and looking at the incidents, I think I did fine in both incidents. But since I went through the trouble of editing the video, I thought I'd post it and ask questions anyway.

In my last race, I did something right at the start, and something kind of similar at the end, and I'm wondering if I did anything "wrong". Nobody complained - I 'm just wondering.

The first time, it was at T1 Lap 1. Because of where we started back in the pack (on the downhill portion), I got a little boost over the guy in front, and backed off just a hair before T1. The guy behind me got an even better boost from the downhill, and I was watching him like a hawk in case he tried to dive inside. As soon as I saw him start to move, I moved a little to cut him off. Was this OK?

The second time was right at the end. I'm pretty sure this was cool, but the guy behind me had a better exit from the chicane, and I knew he'd try to pass me. I kind-of just hogged the middle of the track. I didn't swerve or anything like that, but I made sure I was in the way. This was cool, wasn't it?

Zero issues in your part. Slow in a couple of exits but that's fine.

Braking in a consistent manner and not moving while doing it is perfectly fine. That's how we take alternate or defensive lines.

Just a general observation is that the jag was leaving a lot on the table catching you where he was. Didn't quite understand where the jag is faster.

Overall just racing imo, I posted my own races as you know so don't see anything wrong from anyone to be fair

Guys.... I did a thing 😂 I was thinking that I was finding the wheel (DD Pro) a bit too tough in terms of resistance, in relation to trying to find a balance between precision and control for Race B. So I had an idea...... I tested a theory of reducing resistance (in-game settings) and increase sensitivity and it worked - I still had the precision but the wheel was much faster to turn. And the result.....

Absolutely demolishing my PB by 0.3s over a lap, down to 1:24:7 at Road Atlanta and also over a race, comfortably maintaining a 3s gap to P2 from pole before letting off the throttle on the final lap to ensure I actually take the win 🥳

I'm so pleased to end the week on such a high - I cannot recall when I topped such a competitive leaderboard 😀

Still can't believe it but @AdxRE - @Nebuc72 - @newmedia_dev - @TheNormsk ... Yey?! 🥳

1706472819556.jpeg

1706472768868.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys.... I did a thing 😂
I hate you! :D

Seriously though, that's an impressive time and well done. That's solid A+ pace.
I tested a theory of reducing resistance (in-game settings) and increase sensitivity and it worked - I still had the precision but the wheel was much faster to turn. And the result.....
I run 4/10 currently with my DD Pro 8NM. Is that similar?

Starting the week late I only did 5 races on my main account. I meant to do some on the GB account yesterday but got distracted with the time-trials instead and just completing more of single player...

For the US account, I finished the week where I started, so I'm maintaining my lower-mid A rating. Guess I can be pleased with that.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 4.03.43 PM.png

My first race I tried the Mazda 3 after everyone was saying how dominate that was. That was a disaster and after two crashes, one where I took someone out - where I also waited for them in addition to gaining a 3s penalty - I decided to just quit on lap 4. Not often I do that. The DR loss was not as bad as I expected as that race was a tough lobby with a lot of A+ on the grid.

After that I decided to stick with the Veyron. Next race was an easier lobby with a lot more Bs in it. It's weird how the lobbies can drastically swing from race to race. I was on pole for that. I lost that on lap 1 on the back straight to one of those horrid Mazdas. The Veyron can hold its own and maintain the lead if it can enter that straight with a 1/2s gap. If not, you're losing a spot... I maintain 2nd through lap 4 when my own stupidity had me out brake myself into the chicane and I dropped to 5th by running off... Ugh.

Third race and a tougher lobby again. This one was just about trying to not lose spots to the Mazdas. I failed and got mobbed and came in 8th but still a points gain. So I'm okay with that.

Fourth was another pole in a largely B lobby. Again, unable to hold off the Mazdas and they took me for first and second. Still best result of the night. Finally, I had a third A/A+ lobby with me starting in a lowly 9th. I actually gained at the start of this one and was running 8th until I went on the grass turn 1 on lap 3, and then exactly the same lap 4. Ruined my race and came in last car running. Still the point loss was not as bad as expected and I ended up where I started the night DR wise.

Last edited:
Just a general observation is that the jag was leaving a lot on the table catching you where he was. Didn't quite understand where the jag is faster.
There was a lot of bumping through the final chicane and in fact you could argue that the Jag knocked someone off the track, although the someone in question tried to pass him on the outside, so who knows who was at fault. I almost ran into the guy in front of me, and was flailing my hands and feet trying to not hit him and still be competitive. and of course nobody's perfect, especially with that much adrenaline!
until I went on the grass turn 1 on lap 3, and then exactly the same lap 4
So I'm not the only one who does that, huh? I think I get lulled into complacency or something. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times this week - it's not that I barely missed the turns, either - I missed them by a mile. I'm sure if there was a camera on my face, I'd see my eyes glazed over - at least until I realized what I'd done.

Seriously though, that's an impressive time and well done. That's solid A+ pace.

Starting the week late I only did 5 races on my main account. I meant to do some on the GB account yesterday but got distracted with the time-trials instead and just completing more of single player...

For the US account, I finished the week where I started, so I'm maintaining my lower-mid A rating. Guess I can be pleased with that.

View attachment 1323464

My first race I tried the Mazda 3 after everyone was saying how dominate that was. That was a disaster and after two crashes, one where I took someone out - where I also waited for them in addition to gaining a 3s penalty - I decided to just quit on lap 4. Not often I do that. The DR loss was not as bad as I expected as that race was a tough lobby with a lot of A+ on the grid.

After that I decided to stick with the Veyron. Next race was an easier lobby with a lot more Bs in it. It's weird how the lobbies can drastically swing from race to race. I was on pole for that. I lost that on lap 1 on the back straight to one of those horrid Mazdas. The Veyron can hold its own and maintain the lead if it can enter that straight with a 1/2s gap. If not, you're losing a spot... I maintain 2nd through lap 4 when my own stupidity had me out brake myself into the chicane and I dropped to 5th by running off... Ugh.

Third race and a tougher lobby again. This one was just about trying to not lose spots to the Mazdas. I failed and got mobbed and came in 8th but still a points gain. So I'm okay with that.

Fourth was another pole in a largely B lobby. Again, unable to hold off the Mazdas and they took me for first and second. Still best result of the night. Finally, I had a third A/A+ lobby with me starting in a lowly 9th. I actually gained at the start of this one and was running 8th until I went on the grass turn 1 on lap 3, and then exactly the same lap 4. Ruined my race and came in last car running. Still the point loss was not as bad as expected and I ended up where I started the night DR wise.
I am running 4/8 with 4 as sensitivity, aside from the custom DD wheel settings :) Was running 7/3 before today!

Wow, about 1/5th of my races have been clean since my career started, 173/658. That's okay but it's not really the results that I wanted. I'm interested to know what my point status is for my DR and SR. However I do have 205 top 5 finishes overall so that is good for me in this case. I have lots of work to do in order to be a better and faster driver. Idk how the aliens get a kick out of the Jaguar at Atlanta, I didn't think it packed in that much power, I got better results with the Hyundai Genesis.

I think the Maggiore race is funny because of the way the car is shaped, it slides a lot too, so a TCS of 0 would not be suitable here. I didn't even mess with Autopolis because I could not find good rhythms and good driving lines with the Toyota car. So, I just left it alone. See the C races are longer too, and if my wi-fi connection goes out while I'm racing, it would be terminated.

I think you are right, hence wondering about the numbers.

The race choices and update content feels a little off.

Especially tracks, just the timing of them or not the timing the sequence. Just feels a bit off.

Lake Louise and the jimny perfect pre xmas together.

The wanky rally cross track at Braca, these are not catering for anyone.

You'd have to dig really really deep and far to find fans of the game so drawn to it for rally...and that they were an under supported part of the community.
Yeah. Agree that the cadence is off by more than what the sag strike would have created.

..and rally…just wow on that one…and to blow all that effort on a track..when your getting a once in a lifetime movie bump.

Certainly been a stunner

(Trying hard not to bang out a wall of text on this one. The choices made have been so nutbagger)

I know when my SR fails after a race because when I do things I'm not supposed to and go offtrack, i'll see the SR symbol red, if I do good it turns blue. There's been a lot of rough crazy drivers on the track at Atlanta tonight, I had to stay back and keep my ground and not risk getting into an accident.

Hey, don't forget me, I'm trying to learn from you all, by looking at certain replays and read everyone's posts and advice for the daily races from week to week.

Well I'm going to do several more races at Atlanta and a couple at Maggiore and I'm gonna wrap it up and get ready for bed soon, I'm tires. Been up since 2am this morning.

Last edited:
Fun day of racing. I think I mentioned that first, last, middle, 'no-cares' because of the track. RA did not disappoint. 👍

After the Friday/Saturday melee it was refreshing to be on the track with clean drivers again Sunday morning. Started p4-6, ended p4-6 mostly. Take those results all week long. Had one nail-biter, though...

Was having a great run and gained two spots by lap 3 and was gaining bigly on P1-3. Then I decided to space-out and ****-up the landscaping coming down the hill towards the start/finish. Cross the line to start lap 4 sideways, tires howlin' and the pack blowin' on by. Groovy. P12 to start lap 4. I figured screw-it, drive the ever-living 💩 out of it and see what you can do. Earned four back and was gifted two more at the top of the hill to finish P6. Sweet.

I love this place.😁

:cheers:

Guys.... I did a thing 😂 I was thinking that I was finding the wheel (DD Pro) a bit too tough in terms of resistance, in relation to trying to find a balance between precision and control for Race B. So I had an idea...... I tested a theory of reducing resistance (in-game settings) and increase sensitivity and it worked - I still had the precision but the wheel was much faster to turn. And the result.....

Absolutely demolishing my PB by 0.3s over a lap, down to 1:24:7 at Road Atlanta and also over a race, comfortably maintaining a 3s gap to P2 from pole before letting off the throttle on the final lap to ensure I actually take win 🥳

I'm so pleased to end the week on such a high - I cannot recall when I topped such a competitive leaderboard 😀

Still can't believe it but @AdxRE - @Nebuc72 - @newmedia_dev - @TheNormsk ... Yey?! 🥳

View attachment 1323435

View attachment 1323433

That is very well done mate, that 2nd sector was mega! That was an enjoyable week racing with you and every Daily regulars on here.

View attachment 1323464

In the same boat regarding the Mazda 3 here too, simply hated how it handles and just couldn't find any speed in it. This week would be much better without the Mazda as mutiple car would be very competitive i.e. McLaren, Jag, Veyron, Viper or even the Aston.

Race A is in the Stratos at Lake Louise
Race B is Gr.3 Watkins Glen
Race C is Gr.2 Deep Forest

Why mandatory pitstop? Basically no strategy at all I guess, everyone pits half way. Stupid, but at least Gr.2 :)

EDIT: ok maybe a tiny bit of strategy, staying out +-1 lap longer/shorter

Last edited:
That Gr 2 race sounds great, but my wheels dead and not likely to be fixed for some time😿. Not sure I can handle Gr 2 pluslooking after the tyres on the controller. I might need to stick to Race A for this week, or just play GTA until the wheels fixed.

Super sad that they only do 4 laps for the "no stop races". It feels way too short. Even something like 6 would be better imho. 4 laps is like "what am I even doing here?!". 10 minutes wait time for 7-ish minutes of racing.
Gr. 2 looks interesting but anything faster than Gr. 3 feels strange to drive for me in GT7. The up and down movement of the car because of bumps especially. It feels super sped up and unnatural coming from other racing games.

Last edited:
I decided to give Race A a shot because I haven't done an online race yet on Lake Louise.

Being that this is also my first online outing on said track, there are things I had to learn in order to get a good time such as going wide on T1 to get a better time. I only did 3 races for today and here's how it went.

First run - Started P5 only as I wasn't fully aware on how to get an optimal quali time yet on this car so I used this as a way to understand how online racing works on Lake Louise. I managed to finish P2 on this race overall.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240129163029.png

Second run - I managed to clock in a time of 1:05.291 though it wasn't enough to land me pole position. From there I started to use the strategy that I noticed from the person who won the last race aka going wide on T1 and I was honestly shocked that it works. Race was kinda oof on the back then the pole sitter got a 1.5 sec time penalty for hitting the barrier hard enough that I took advantage. From there I was able to get my first win on this track.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240129165036.png

Third run - I managed to improve my quali time further to a low 1:04. Pole position as expected and due to the low DR levels I encountered on this race (even in the first and second runs), it was a smooth victory overall.

I look forward in doing more races on this Daily. Also its nice to be back on this thread after months of Sport Mode inactivity.

Race A: I've been looking forward to trying out the Stratos! Even on snow, it should be exciting.

Race B: Probably will just hammer out a quali session and dip my toes in a couple of times today. I'm not strong at the Glen, but I think Group 3 are a great match there so I think it's worth it for the bants.

Race C: Shame that it's looking to be a Mercedes One-make. I will have to see if I can remain competitive with regards to tyre wear. If it's a mandatory pitstop, then I'll happily take the hit and change tyres if necessary. Group 2 is always a blast.

This reminds me...are the BoP updates in the release notes only or have they been preserved for all of time here on the 'Planet, too? For me it's been all Porsche for Gr.3 stuff...hoping recent updates haven't changed that. 😁

Thanks in advance for any guidance!👍
I am not exactly sure what you're asking, but here you go anyway...

1.42 Gr3.png

Clean defense both times!

Back