GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,395 comments
View attachment 1320662

A lot of 1x meaning no strats. And Maggiore at A, like having the TT there wasn't enough for the week. :lol:
I actually quite like the fact that, intentionally or not, PD have started tying in the different parts of the game through the Daily Races, Time trials and Weeklies. I don't mind having a good reason to revisit the same circuit under different circumstances when it contributes to your overall game 'progress'.

At the very least, it makes it seems like there's some kind of thought has gone into the choices.

I actually quite like the fact that, intentionally or not, PD have started tying in the different parts of the game through the Daily Races, Time trials and Weeklies. I don't mind having a good reason to revisit the same circuit under different circumstances when it contributes to your overall game 'progress'.

At the very least, it makes it seems like there's some kind of thought has gone into the choices.
I've noticed that as well. It's becoming more common for the TT to happen on the same circuit as a daily race the next week. It's like get good at the TT; be good at the daily race...

Last edited:
I'm noticed that as well. It's becoming more common for the TT to happen on the same circuit as a daily race the next week. It's like get good at the TT; be good at the daily race...
I agree Norm, it's one thing to watch a video about racing but nothing beats putting miles in and just being familiar with a track.

I noticed the same as you, there is also the tie in to the new completion dashboard. Presenting the races this way (weekly challenges) is moving people's completion up, race variety and the credit carrot and format are getting some people doing races they normally wouldn't.

I just really really wish they used daily A as a feeder/intro to racing race in sensible race orientated cars. I bang on about this but having A as a Gr5 (Clio, polo, fiesta etc) junior race event. Would be mega I think.

Sorry about your fish, man. Sounds like you need to make a special livery for your friend!
She was with me in spirit today as well :)

Started P5, got destroyed by driving into a pileup on the exit of the 1st tunnel on lap 1, whilst also being collected by P6 behind me! Was down to P13 with damage on all sides and the engine too! Somehow, no penalty! Kept calm (since I practically had an entire race ahead of me) and finished back in P5 With the fastest lap to boot 🥳

1705684367494.jpeg

She was with me in spirit today as well :)

Started P5, got destroyed by driving into a pileup on the exit of the 1st tunnel on lap 1, whilst also being collected by P6 behind me! Was down to P13 with damage on all sides and the engine too! Somehow, no penalty! Kept calm (since I practically had an entire race ahead of me) and finished back in P5 With the fastest lap to boot 🥳

View attachment 1320751
We are cross racing this week as I'm doing B (mixed, smiles and cries, smiles and cries)

But just wanted to say mate I love the livery. Move the fish bigger and angled across the front and let it shine 👍

Is Road Atlanta, especially in short races, ever not carnage, especially on lap 1 going up the hill?

Speaking of which, Laguna is getting worse this week in B/S lobbies. So much dive bombing at Andretti and the corkscrew. There are always dirty/incompetent drivers but certain tracks make it worse.

s Road Atlanta, especially in short races, ever not carnage, especially on lap 1 going up the hill?
It's one of the cleanest tracks I remember racing.

The problem is early in the week people don't remember/understand how to take the first corner.

Couple that with a few awkward braking markers for the infield but it usually rights itself pretty quick.

I do think it's lobby dependant, I've been side by side at Laguna most of tonight in to 6 and 7 with out incident. Sure we ended up slower but we kept whole and that's the aim of the game

Spent some time doing QT in the McLaren and actually managed to beat my GTR time! Just a hair away from getting into 1:21 (1:22.020).

Also switched to a more American livery (2024 Pfaff Racing McLaren at IMSA GTD class) for the track.

For next week races, RH on Road Atlanta would be challenging if it’s Gr.3. Maybe Race C is the race to go..

Speaking of which, Laguna is getting worse this week in B/S lobbies. So much dive bombing at Andretti and the corkscrew. There are always dirty/incompetent drivers but certain tracks make it worse.
I managed one race last night on my GB account in my sleepy state after I perked up a but. I entered a mixed lobby of A+,A,B drivers but there were only 14 cars. With the big spread and most being B with slower times I was expecting "interesting" racing.

I started 6th with my 1:22.9 time, on that account, with 3 A+ and a couple As in front of me. I was by far the fastest B driver and the rest were Bs. Lap 1 was clean from my vantage up to the Corkscrew and then 4th and 5th (both A+) had an incident and I slotted between the middle of them to get 4th. The one that was taken out then rage quit. The other, waited for them for a bit and dropped down to 8th. I'm okay with that! Less pressure on me :lol:.

Entering the last corner of lap 1 though I was glad I was far enough away from the pack of Bs chasing me. At the time I did not notice this, but in the replay all carnage ensued as basically a huge pileup happened. That removed any pressure from behind.

On lap 4, 2nd place (an A driver) crashes out after turn 6. Again, in the replay they overshot the corner and went through the gravel but held it. Then when they got back on the tarmac they obviously floored it, forgetting about dirty tires and power oversteered into the wall. Advantage me!

I took 3rd and that is where I finished. My 6th clean race out of 6 races this week.

I think the driving standards really depends on who is driving. In most of my races I was in A+/A groups that generally knew what they were doing. The one last night was a complete disaster for many but I managed to stay out of it all. Perhaps it was luck!

Last edited:
Spent some time doing QT in the McLaren and actually managed to beat my GTR time! Just a hair away from getting into 1:21 (1:22.020).

Also switched to a more American livery (2024 Pfaff Racing McLaren at IMSA GTD class) for the track.

For next week races, RH on Road Atlanta would be challenging if it’s Gr.3. Maybe Race C is the race to go..

I get confused with the 650S. I thought the consensus was to short shift this but you're pretty much revving it out. So what is it with this car?

Laguna seca is a PoS. I'm either not fast enough or when I'm in a good position someone comes to knock me off. Sod the lot of them.

Glad it’s not just me, I tried and tried and tried and I think you just need to know when to quit, I had one race yesterday when I got up to 5th, thinking maybe this ain’t so bad then I spun it in the corkscrew and finished 13th, where I had started.

I even dipped into a lobby this week for some fun racing, which lifted my spirits lol

I feel yr pain bro

I get confused with the 650S. I thought the consensus was to short shift this but you're pretty much revving it out. So what is it with this car?
I believe it is the Gr.4 650S that needs short shifting, but the for the Gr.3 I pretty much rev it til the end of the world as it has basically no low rev torque :lol:

EDIT: @newmedia_dev you beat me to it!

Last edited:
Man, I'm doing bad at RBR, I saved some races in my showcase for everyone to see later tonight and tomorrow. The Masarti car is a challenge to control and turn, so the first two right turns costs me a second or two of time. And the Sector 2 part can mess me up too. I have to brake twice as early as it's a high speed car. Most of the time I've been finishing next to dead last. It's certainly not helping my DR go up, it's blocking it. I'm tired of not making any progress, I've only done 635 races in a 15 month period.

And if I set TCS to 0 it will make the problem worse because the tires will spin out more which can cause havoc and chaos on the track.

Last edited:
OMG, how did I not know this? Thanks a million!
It's worth watch a few of those top time replays in each car (at least the viable ones for the week) make sure display all info is on and then just study the shift points, rough braking zones (we need to brings ours back a bit over the top guys) and look for the gear selection for turn in and exit.

I'd also recommend watching @Tidgney excellent daily race lap guides (bear in mind though he is a top 10 qualifier most weeks so work up to his braking references rather than straight out attack them)

I think there is a bug on Race C...

So I started in P9 on RH and the top 5 all started on RM tires. Keep this in mind!

After a 2 minute delay before the actual race kicked off, I was on my own in P7 after I got collected by someone who took out everyone from P6 downwards! He had a 12s penalty before actually being kicked out of the race! Anyway, long story short, I finished in P7, 35s behind the winner. Here is the weird part...

All top 5 did not pit, had a 1 minute penalty showing in the final standings HOWEVER, they did not get moved down the final results!! Everyone was classified as they finished! I was laughing thinking I was in for a sneaky top 2 but remained in P7 !?! Anyone noticed this? Could it be from the delayed start and the logic just broke?

So I started in P9 on RH and the top 5 all started on RM tires. Keep this in mind!

After a 2 minute delay before the actual race kicked off, I was on my own in P7 after I got collected by someone who took out everyone from P6 downwards! He had a 12s penalty before actually being kicked out of the race! Anyway, long story short, I finished in P7, 35s behind the winner. Here is the weird part...

All top 5 did not pit, had a 1 minute penalty showing in the final standings HOWEVER, they did not get moved down the final results!! Everyone was classified as they finished! I was laughing thinking I was in for a sneaky top 2 but remained in P7 !?! Anyone noticed this? Could it be from the delayed start and the logic just broke?
I started poke at Laguna seca tonight, on the third corner is when auto drive went to bed.... I've just recorded the video but it was fun and weird/surreal at the same time.

I'll eat Old Grumpys hat if there isn't a Sophy update in this weeks update!

I very very much assume that Sophy has Laguna as a test environment.

Well did quite a few race C this week , and seen often some racing only medium. They Always have been take down those under a minute from them.
Seem you have been unluky

Here's my start positions for this week at LS - the oldest is at the bottom and the most recent is at the top:

1705793208299.png

In the last race, I was one of only 3 B's in the race, and we all started in double-digit positions.

I don't know how to express this properly, but I think (personal opinion) that there is something inherently wrong with a game that gives me decent starting positions for almost all the races, then drops me in a starting position where, unless the people in front self-destruct, I'm pretty-much guaranteed to lose DR points through no fault of my own. I mean, if I was an A driver placed in an A lobby, and my QT put me at P14, then that's my own fault for not improving my QT. But I'm not an A driver, and I feel like I've been punished for something.

And it's not as though I'm a high B just lurking below A. Surely there are higher B's that could be put in that race?

I don't really have a solution for this, except perhaps have the game allow less-than-full fields when there's not enough people to properly fill out an A lobby.

I understand why it happens, but it just doesn't seem right.

I actually don't expect any sympathy here, but I just needed to unload.

Laguna has been great this week! Don’t get me wrong I have gotten beaten up either by stupid drivers… or the track just spitting me out for bad driving. The positives have out done the negatives though.. I have taken so many top 5 and even a Victory! For me it’s always sweeter because I do it in my Ferrari (it’s the only GT3 I use)… majority of the time I’m the only Ferrari on the grid which is full of GTR’s. 😂 After the race it’s cool to get a congrats from the other drivers and the respect for being in the 458. I thought I could break into the A+ DR this week but I’ve come in last a couple of races… I never quit so I think that helps me stay right at the edge of almost becoming an A+ driver.

IMG_7413.jpeg

Back