GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,024 comments
I've finished over 25 races for Spa so far, on race #26. It's embarrassing getting drowsy while I race because I'll make mistakes and end up finishing close to last. Race #21 was bad, started 3rd but ended up finishing 8th because I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. Well I did great in Races 24 and 25, finished in 3rd for both of them. I think I'll keep my QT at 2'33.759, it's been getting me some great starting positions.

@Famine ok, I'll keep all that in mind, I'll write it down and remember it.

@Moose78 hey congrats, I read your post this morning, I'm glad you had some good smooth races this morning. You know to me it seems like there's more carnage and bad behavior on the track during the weekends and during the day. My racing was sloppy in Races 16 and 17(Spa), I did get drowsy a little bit.

@mellofello9 thanks for the encouragement, but I decided to leave my time where it is for now(2'33.759), it got me two first place pole times and two races where I started 2nd. I'm dreading LM next week, that track is one of my weak ones. It's so long and there is lots of room for errors and mistakes.

Lol, I wonder how many penalties people will be racking up at Red Bull Ring. It's supposed to be a 40 minute race.

Last edited:
It’s been a pretty decent weekend for me. Having driven the 458 in both B and C races all week, I switched back to the trusty 911 for Gr3 racing. Did 1 Race C, at lunchtime on Saturday. A 2’02” had me starting 8th in a full C/S field. Managed to gain a few places, but lost a couple, spinning on exit at Degna 2, and running wide at spoon late in the race as my concentration waned. Finished 6th, but only 8 drivers completed the race! Still, I gained some DR and maxed out my SR, so it was time well spent.
Switched over to Race B later in the afternoon, and based on the good reports here, decided to give the 650s a go. I found it suited my style, and was able to shave more than 1/2 a second off my quali at Spa, down to a very average 2’32.7”. Considering race B can be a bit of a Death Match, I was pleased to get 3 out of 4 clean races, gain some decent DR a finished the day ‘Mid C’.
Had a few races this afternoon and with some good results (including a second, which should’ve been a first, if I hadn’t run wide through Blanchimont and picked up a one second penalty on the last lap), I made it to DR B! Did another three races, my first in DR B lobbies. The standard of qualifying was a fair bit higher so I started 11th, 13th and 15th, and despite losing DR in all three, I managed to finish the day still rated DR B, which I’m very chuffed with!
It’s a shame this week daily races are coming to an end as I’ve enjoyed them. I think I need to work on my qualifying if I’m going to survive at DR B. I can manage some decent sectors, but can’t get them all in 1 lap.

I also think that life is to short so I quit more than I used to in all honesty. Before starting 13th I'd limp it home. Starting pole and getting "assisted" off the circuit I don't have the inclination to just bring it home. I know I should....but I don't.
I totally get that, and I'm sure that's the real reason you're a B. I will admit I get binned plenty, but when I race, I try to avoid those kinds of situations when I can. I say to myself "Would I rather stick to my guns, and ultimately get pissed off that I'm waiting so long between races, or let the SOB go knowing that if they drive like that all the time, it will come back to get them in the end."
And I think that answers that question. Also ego wise I like bossing B lobbies...
For sure! it is WAY more fun to start in the top 3 in a B lobby, than starting 9 or worse in an A/A+ lobby.
@GrumpyOldMan I spend so much time on Gran Turismo, I haven't even thought of dating any women, but if in the future I get totally bored I may end up marrying a woman that is right for me.
I guess the trick is to marry a woman who is OK with you spending so much time on GT. My wife (who is also retired now) has her own busy life, spending a lot of it at our golf club playing and organizing tournaments and things. If I ever get over my back issues, I hope to be doing some of that too (playing, not organizing things).

I think I need to work on my qualifying if I’m going to survive at DR B. I can manage some decent sectors, but can’t get them all in 1 lap.
When it clicks for me most often is when I've done a bunch of laps in a row, and I'm not paying a lot of attention to my times. The next thing I know, it's "HOLY ****! Where did that come from?"

Final Race C report of the week. 8PM EST slot. Mixed A/B lobby. Driving the Porsche still.

It might be a good thing that this week's combo is coming to an end. Everybody is getting really fast and nobody is making any mistakes. Not good for a pokey driver like me who relies on consistency and attrition for good results.

Anyways, I started P5. I was able to keep up with front four for the first five laps and build a 3-second gap behind, but somewhere in lap 6 I lost the slipstream and they just pulled away. Soon a faster driver, who was holding the fastest lap at the time, was on my tail. In the interest of maintaining my pace, I just let them by. Down to P6. It wasn't long before another pair of faster drivers had caught me. I tried to let them by at hairpin by going deep and wide. The driver behind must have thought he'd rammed me because once we were on the straight, he waited for me and pulled in behind me. The other car just whipped by, of course. Down to P7. I'm not sure what happened when we got to Spoon, but when I looked in the rear-view mirror on the way out, I saw that the other driver had gone into the sand. I felt bad for him, and vaguely responsible, even though there hadn't been any contact between us. I didn't wait. Maybe I should have. I ran the rest of the race in P7, where I finished. CRB, too.

I've had a blast at this week's Race C. I love this longer format, and I hope we get to see more of these in the future.

Wow, I've done about 20 races today, 3 at Suzuka east and 17 at Spa, I'm gonna do a 4-5 more at Spa and that'll be it for this week. Then I have to get geared up for the new ones starting Monday Feb. 19th. Durn we're almost at our 2-year anniversary since gt7's creation! I can't believe how fast time has gone by.

@Moose78 I also rely on attrition, consistency, practice and getting plenty of sleep to complete races well in the top 5.

So what does everyone want PD to improve for the daily races? I'd like to see more action in the A races and maybe they could make the A races be DR affected meaning that if you finish the race in front of x amount of people, your DR goes up (100 points per driver you beat).

Last edited:
You know what I did 30 races at Spa, that's enough for now! I guess I'll wait until 2am when the other races are available. I guess I'll do other things to keep me occupied. I gotta clean my room real quick. I'll be back later.

Wow, I've done about 20 races today, 3 at Suzuka east and 17 at Spa, I'm gonna do a 4-5 more at Spa and that'll be it for this week. Then I have to get geared up for the new ones starting Monday Feb. 19th. Durn we're almost at our 2-year anniversary since gt7's creation! I can't believe how fast time has gone by.

@Moose78 I also rely on attrition, consistency, practice and getting plenty of sleep to complete races well in the top 5.

So what does everyone want PD to improve for the daily races? I'd like to see more action in the A races and maybe they could make the A races be DR affected meaning that if you finish the race in front of x amount of people, your DR goes up (100 points per driver you beat).
The easy fix for PD to add a semi-consistent “endurance race” without spreading the online player base too thin, would be to just make Daily A rotate every other week from a (primarily) road car unranked race, to a Gr.1-4 ranked endurance race. Then you could make daily B or C (probably Daily B), a road car race.

That’s my $.02 opinion at least.

Looks like this week’s daily’s are meh..

So I’ll probably do daily B’s throughout the week to slowly build my oceanic account - all in my Ferrari. I have zero interest in another one-make Mazda Gr.4 race

In terms of numbers - last week's daily B had 71.9k qualifying times on the TT board, and daily C had 46.0k.

The average numbers (when race C is in Gr.3) are around 65k for race B, 50k for race C. So it looks like the extra length had a small but noticeable negative effect on the number of players trying it at least once.

Ugh, here they are... I finished my last race at Spa at around 2:02am. Did 33 total because of my hectic schedule and amount of stress I'm under on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Spa had the most QT times ever for a global daily race! I'm surprised the B races are more popular than the C ones.

Oh, God! A longer and good Gr. 4 Race this week but it's a Mazda Cup again, of course. What will it take for them to fix that car? Some people even say they get paid by Mazda and this will never happen which I think can't be true.

Last edited:
If I had the space for having my set up mounted at all times, this would be the week I would buy a PC. I'm so disappointed to see daily race c go back to 15 minutes races.

I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed.

If I had the space for having my set up mounted at all times, this would be the week I would buy a PC. I'm so disappointed to see daily race c go back to 15 minutes races.

I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed.
Actually it's more 25/30 mn , and for most of player it's already long enough.
Keep focus , find the time you sure nothing is going to disturb you time of the race etc.
I myself did not run last week races C because it was almost one hour doing nothing else .

I understand there is a lack of long race but i feel that race A no dr loss , race B around 15 mn , race C 25/30 mn is a really good combo.
What it need is more a fourth one with longer time. And also have some race stay more than a week as settings good QT is quite time consumming.

Anyhow i wish you all good fun on this New week of racing.

I did try this week races A , and it's a nice combo.

Last edited:
Keep focus , find the time you sure nothing is going to disturb you time of the race etc.
I myself did not run last week races C because it was almost one hour doing nothing else .

I understand there is a lack of long race but i feel that race A no dr loss , race B around 15 mn , race C 25/30 mn is a really good combo.
What it need is more a fourth one with longer time. And also have some race stay more than a week as settings good QT is quite time consumming.

11 laps of the Red Bull Ring will not take you 25 minutes. It barely makes 15.

the other 10% would cause paddock fistfights if done in real life
So true. It seems as though the majority of players have no idea of real racing etiquette and I think a large proportion of those that do have been dragged down to their level.
Classic case yesterday at Spa, final lap coming out of Blanchimont, I’ve got a Mazda 3 1/2 a second behind me. I know full well he’s gonna try and dive up the inside at the final chicane, so I take a defensive line on approach to counter this before I turn right. Mazda man decides he’s going for it anyway, so I open my line to avoid collision, leaving me a very tight left turn onto the start/finish straight. Meanwhile, Mazda man decides he’s going to dive straight for the second Apex, leaving me zero space. Obviously in the ensuing collision he gets punted wide, and in the post race lobby has the audacity to call me ‘Dirty’! Absolutely clueless. Righteously, I got a Clean Race Bonus.

Last edited:

It's certainly less than 20 minutes. I have no issue with keeping focus, I just happen to prefer races longer than 15 minutes. 30/40 minutes are optimal for me.

Best lap I can find on Youtube in a Gr4 at RBR, is 1'34.5" in a Mazda 3 (yawn). 11 laps at that pace is 17'22". Factor in a rolling start, and pit stop that's over 18 minutes even at qualifying pace, realistically it'll be 20+

Last edited:
Best lap I can find on Youtube in a Gr4 at RBR, is 1'34.5" in a Mazda 3 (yawn). 11 laps at that pace is 17'22". Factor in a rolling start, and pit stop that's over 18 minutes even at qualifying pace, realistically it'll be 20+
I think even I can do that race under 20 minutes. I was doing Suzuka at 41:30.

And what is the deal with the Mazda cold tires?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_103016_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_103016_YouTube.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Care to quantify that? I'd love to see all of the data.
In terms of numbers - last week's daily B had 71.9k qualifying times on the TT board, and daily C had 46.0k.

The average numbers (when race C is in Gr.3) are around 65k for race B, 50k for race C. So it looks like the extra length had a small but noticeable negative effect on the number of players trying it at least once.
I'm not sure that makes it the highest of all time for Daily B but you can correlate the uptick in B to the down tick in C last week.

Not sure what else you could infer from just that snap shot. I like you would love to see a graph over time. I'd imagine there is a natural ebb and flow especially where the tuning road car races were concerned or long Gr4 fuel savers could be quite polarising potentially as well.

I'm disappointed about it too but what can we really do about it? Sardegna will be a nice fun track to race at this week. However, I'm gonna have to take a small break Wednesday and Thursday from the gt7 game.

Back