GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,029 comments
First runs at Spa tonight, can't seem to get the 650 to behave with understeer. Moved onto the Veyron which reaches the highest speed on the Kemmel Straight, gave me a 2.30.* then last of all the Huracán. A couple appear in the top 10 and gave the best overall pace with a 2.29.5 as long as you brake in a straight line.
I am 95% sure you are telling lies! 😂 If I remember correctly, last time I checked the LB (thinking my new 2:29:5 time would move me up a bit, I was wrong) you were at the very top and into the 29:3's :P Well done!

Did 1 race, it was me and 3 other drivers with an S-rating (they also were A+, I am just A) and everyone else had a sportsmanship of either B or C... And it showed! Only 1 of the A+ drivers survived from the top 5, the rest finished the race close to me at the very bottom (I started P9) after we all got taken out by the rest... RIP ⚰️

PS - My SR bar is almost full, so not getting into these lobbies because I am close to dropping to A, far from it! :(

1708190208578.jpeg

Last edited:
I am 95% sure you are telling lies! 😂 If I remember correctly, last time I checked the LB (thinking my new 2:29:5 time would move me up a bit, I was wrong) you were at the very top and into the 29:3's :P Well done!
Thanks, ran about 100 miles today chasing @Windfire1010 ghost and was in the 2.29.8** . Moved up to a top ten Huracán ghost and cut 0.5s.
Have you tried the Lambo?
Not had any time to race yet, is the Huracán being used in race or is it just 650s?

Thanks, ran about 100 miles today chasing @Windfire1010 ghost and was in the 2.29.8** . Moved up to a top ten Huracán ghost and cut 0.5s.
Have you tried the Lambo?
Not had any time to race yet, is the Huracán being used in race or is it just 650s?
I did for about 10 laps - managed to hit 150mph on the Kemmel Straight and exiting Blancimont a few times but I was (on average) around 0.8s slower through sector 2 than with the 650S so best time was 2:29:7 with it

OMG this race had me sweating!

Forget about Jesus, Spa is the one which produces miracles 🤣 Stared in P8 on main account and unfortunately, in another dirty lobby... I cannot believe I made it out alive! I should have spun or ended up in a different track countless times from all the dirty POS around me but somehow, even though on lap 2 I went from P6 to P10, with damage and dirty tires, I still ended up finishing in P6.

If I was a cat, I would be down to 8 lives after that one!

1708204075772.jpeg
1708204083339.jpeg

Honestly don’t have a clue what it is but my 650s just is not behaving at all. Understeer for days and just wheel screeching at Raidillon and Eau Rouge, can’t even take it flat.

Honestly don’t have a clue what it is but my 650s just is not behaving at all. Understeer for days and just wheel screeching at Raidillon and Eau Rouge, can’t even take it flat.
You aren't turning it quick enough, and being to aggressive on the power.

It's a balance car, watch how techno does it, lots of partial throttle or coasting. If its screeching you are going to hard.

You aren't turning it quick enough, and being to aggressive on the power.

It's a balance car, watch how techno does it, lots of partial throttle or coasting. If its screeching you are going to hard.
But isn’t Raidillon and Eau Rouge flat out at 100% throttle (was watching Tidgney’s video). His steering inputs seem a lot smoother and actually he’s turning less but I can’t hook them up at all.

Combine that with spinning out in 2nd on corner exits (specifically first and last) and when comparing to his video the throttle inputs look similar. I’ve rage quitted a few tonight just annoyed at it.

Wow, got a lot of posts to catch up on! Well back to racing at Spa tonight! It's so fun there, and it's only 3 laps, yay!!
It's better racing at night because I have more chances of jumping in lowered skilled lobbies, and getting easier victories. Let's see what my 2'33.901 time will get me. I don't think that's bad considering I used the Sciccoco from Volkswagen. I hate that chicane before the finish line, if I even go out of the track limit, it sends me back until I do it right.

Guess PD doesn't like cheating.

Last edited:
But isn’t Raidillon and Eau Rouge flat out at 100% throttle (was watching Tidgney’s video). His steering inputs seem a lot smoother and actually he’s turning less but I can’t hook them up at all.

Combine that with spinning out in 2nd on corner exits (specifically first and last) and when comparing to his video the throttle inputs look similar. I’ve rage quitted a few tonight just annoyed at it.
What I found is take the first corner as straight as possible, and then chuck it as far right as you can before snapping it left as quick as you can. Depends a lot on the the FFB/ Sens settings in game but on average, exiting the top of the chicane at around 135 mph is the sweet spot.

Tidge does suggest to stay in 6th gear but I found shifting to 7th at 141 mph goes faster on the straight (you hit 146 at 6th gear and 150mph in 7th) but you need to time your braking and down shifts perfects due to the extra gear. For me, it's a split second before the yellow/ orange curb things start. Going into the next right/ left/ right at around 73 mph and changing into 4th is best, for me at least.

Last edited:
I tried Race C one time this morning and I found it boring too, it was a 16 player race, I started 7th and finished 10th so I just accepted it and moved on. I'm sticking with mostly the Spa races, maybe a couple NSX ones(Race A), but that's pretty much my plan for the rest of this weekend. 20 laps is too much, 10 would have been enough for itself.

@AdxRE what do you think of the C races?

@Nebuc72 I agree with what you said Tuesday, Race C should have more players, like 18-22, my race only had 12, and 3 people quit cause it was too long.

Last edited:
I like the longer races, maybe they can implement this once a month to keep it fresh
20 players like the first week in the game would help, though i have no idea why people quit, it's a long race, plenty of time to learn race pace

Last edited:
@mellofello9 hey, how'd you get in the 2'29.000's. My time is in the high 2'33.000's. That's weird, I got better results in the Sciccoco than the ML650S. I don't have a good exit at the sharp right turn at the beginning. I try to get a possible straight line through Eau Rouge, but sometimes the second left throws me off balance which cause a domino effect.

Turns 10-16 gives me trouble too, I have to find good lines to cut my time down. I have a video later if you all want to see.

Finally found the time for a first Race C this week, I was reading your racing experience story here all week, I was really eager to try it out.
I only managed QT in the 2:01s with the Porsche... I was putting at risk the 1 mm A rating bar that I have left.

I started 15/16 against all A drivers.
Within first 5 laps, managed to reach P11 due to quitters and some drivers screwing up.

I had consistent 2.02/2.03s lap time and manage to finish P7 and gain some DR, Got from P8 to P7 on the last lap.

Those long race are really fun, it rewards consistency and discipline.

I made 2 mistakes,
1) I had not practiced pitting... I was fooled by a line before the casio triangle, I though it was the pit lane, the car was reset on the track, no penality, but lost some time.
2) Still at casio triangle, I was stuck behind a slower paced car for half a lap if not more, I try a move and push a bit too hard and end up with shortcut penality. But the shorcut allowed me to pass that car on the long straight... me having a faster pace he vanished in my rear view mirror. By the time I paid the penality he was long gone. That mistake helped me gain more positions later as I was reaching another pack of car ahead.

Hopefully I can find some time tomorrow to do it again.

Cheers!

How many of you race with headphones? Would you recommend them? And if so, which ones?

Feel free to PM/DM me.

Thanks!
I never race with headphones because the music is so loud, I'm sensitive to loud noises. I race most of the time with no music, it makes me focus better.

I never race with headphones because the music is so loud, I'm sensitive to loud noises. I race most of the time with no music, it makes me focus better.
So turn the music off in headphones? I'm sorry this comment is really confusing I don't know if i'm missing something obvious!

Enjoying throwing the 458 around Spa more so than the 650 so knocked up a quick livery for it if anyone else is interested:

Add to your collection here

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 10.20.51.png

Colours are accurate to Jameson's branding it just looks much better on track than the gallery. Promise! :lol:

So turn the music off in headphones? I'm sorry this comment is really confusing I don't know if i'm missing something obvious!

Enjoying throwing the 458 around Spa more so than the 650 so knocked up a quick livery for it if anyone else is interested:

Add to your collection here

View attachment 1329107

Colours are accurate to Jameson's branding it just looks much better on track than the gallery. Promise! :lol:
Cool livery. I should make some more for the A and B races. Like one for the Mclaren 650S. If I do, I'll show them later in a youtube video. What I meant earlier was I don't normally use headphones to race, I turn the sound up using my remote/TV. Sorry for the confusion. 1 more day of Suzuka and Spa and then the races will switch.

Last edited:
Back