GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,594 comments
24 Laps and dynamic weather around Fuji.
Hell yeah, that's a proper race setting.
I just couldn't resist.
So after 3 years I finally decided to jump back in some daily race action.
O man, so much fun.
I saw some familiar names around me and definitely had some great races.
I think I've done 10 races in total today and besides 2 of them which I professionally managed to bottle big time I actually finished and scored the other 8 ones very well.
Great and respectful racing.
I think I had 3 races which happened to be completely dry from start to finish.
The rest were all wet and sweaty from start to finish.
45 minutes of intense battling around this slippery road is always a blast and I definitely enjoyed it.
I hope PD finally acknowledge that this is the type of racing people prefer.
45 ish minutes seems to be a reasonable sweet spot.
I definitely will be doing some more throughout the week and enjoy this great opportunity as long as it's available.

they changed the time required to 50 minutes...
Absolutely wonderful news! I can also confirm that with this, Race C is now hourly only. XX:30 slots are gone.

-----

Fifth time is the charm for me. It finally rained for me after 4 dry races. And it absolutely poured that from 6th lap till the end, the wet meter was constantly 2/3rd filled. Behold the glorious Fuji in rain!
1717459781661.png

I wanted to race more today but I can't. 18 laps of driving in the pouring rain while still competitively racing in a pack, exhausted me. I loved it! Looking forward to play more this week.

This daily A needs to be made into a Daily C. C'mon PD, give us a few weeks without Gr3 and Gr4 as the DR races
Totally! Mazda Roadsters are a gem to race in. Daytona is icing on the cake! I have yet to race there despite really wanting to, but the Race C is taking up all my free time. :D

Last edited:
I don't know if I've mentioned it on this thread, but I have let down and betrayed my fellow controller users by getting a wheel (You guys are the best!)

I've had it a couple of weeks now, started an alt account to go through single player all fresh; online got it to a mid-B.

I've been staying off my main account while I learn this thing (logi g pro). My pace is coming along, pretty close to what I was on controller, just judging by where I land on the leaderboard. But I still need some experience in close wheel-to-wheel racing; I tend to go off into neverland when someone hits me, recovery and reaction time need to improve.

But today, I got into Race A in the mazda on my main icycls. Set a decent qualy time; the problem is that everyone with a decent qualy time is also running race A, so started 8th or so. It was an all A/S lobby too, don't know if I've seen that in Race A before. I didn't make a menace of myself, even improved from my start from others' mistakes. Good driving and good fun that race is.

Now onto Fuji... I'm interested. But on the second account! I have no experience in the wet with a wheel, but that is what second accounts are for. I'll give it a go soon, wish me luck.

Edit. no experience in the wet OR endurance racing. I'm really loving the physicality of driving on this wheel.

Last edited:
Hopped into Race C and honestly had a good time for the majority of it. I picked the RSR b/c its my main, and for about half the race i was in a sweaty battle for 2nd place. Decided to try and undercut, but didn’t factor in traffic when coming out. I ended up with this loser in a WRX who doesn’t like to hold his line. He tried to cut me off at the hairpin, and ended up bouncing off my car and under steering off the track. For some reason that angered him so much he felt the need to punt me off the track in the next corner.

Heres the lap leading up to the incident

After a WTF? Text, I catch him a few laps later and nudge him into the grass cuz im salty. I knew that would piss him off more and he’d try to punt me at the end of the straight, and that’s exactly what he did, except he wasn’t expecting me to hit the pause button 😂😂😂😂

He promptly quit after that, and i came back to finish in 3rd. No rain, pretty quiet race after that.

Last edited:
24 laps at Fuji?! I couldn’t think of anything worse!

That’d be a painful punt first corner!
Can confirm that the first corner is painful! Can't believe that people are so determined to win a 24 lap race at the first corner.....

Despite my lack of love for Fuji, I decided to give it a try in the hope of a wet race (it was dry throughout!). Started P14, was 8th after turn 1, and in 6th at the end of the first lap. Finished P9 of the 11 remaining drivers, 6 seconds behind P8, 6 seconds ahead of P10 - very boring after the excitement of the first lap.

Oh man... I could really go off about my first race at Interlagos just now.... Be prepared for some HORRIFFIC, SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL driving standards! Ramming which goes unpunished yet the victim (me) actually loses SR after the race calculates everything.... ⚰️
First game in about 3 months for me last night and decided to have a spin around Interlagos. Worst driving I have ever seen in Dailies. 90% of drivers all trying to bump/ram/divebomb. There's always some dirty guys, but never seen in such high concentration.

Can confirm that the first corner is painful! Can't believe that people are so determined to win a 24 lap race at the first corner.....

Despite my lack of love for Fuji, I decided to give it a try in the hope of a wet race (it was dry throughout!). Started P14, was 8th after turn 1, and in 6th at the end of the first lap. Finished P9 of the 11 remaining drivers, 6 seconds behind P8, 6 seconds ahead of P10 - very boring after the excitement of the first lap.
I suspect the attrition reason why they removed the bottom of the hour race slot could have been a cut and paste error but it doesn't feel like as they had the ability to fix it on the fly.

I suspect the attrition reason why they removed the bottom of the hour race slot could have been a cut and paste error but it doesn't feel like as they had the ability to fix it on the fly.
Yes, there were a couple of people well back who left the race just before 30 minutes were up, presumably to try again in the next race on the hour.

My teen was off school yesterday so asked him if he wanted to do Daily C with me, we could swap seats at the pit stop, proper endurance style.

He was a bit nervous as we had no time for a warm up, rented a Porsche using his account (DR B) and he started P15. Drove around at the back for a couple of laps while he got used to things. His co-driver gave gentle encouragement, noted a few braking points, checked the weather, monitored the tyres and sometimes shouted "BRAKE!!!"

Despite the late start he gradually got into it and set the fastest lap on his way up to the top 10. On laps 10 and 11 a McLaren and Merc were battling in front so we decided to pit if they stay out. We stop and in jumps the 'Pro' driver. Was a bit nervous I might mess up all his progress but the Porsche is so easy to drive, don't know why I ignore it so much!

The undercut works by a few seconds, I had some fun battles with another couple of Porsches, clean enough (a bump here and there but not deliberate), overtake a few in the pits and get to P2 before the finish, less than 10 secs from the Audi up front.

No rain but we didn't really care, just a fun time racing! Shame he's back at school today... maybe we'll try again tonight ;)

My teen was off school yesterday so asked him if he wanted to do Daily C with me, we could swap seats at the pit stop, proper endurance style.

He was a bit nervous as we had no time for a warm up, rented a Porsche using his account (DR B) and he started P15. Drove around at the back for a couple of laps while he got used to things. His co-driver gave gentle encouragement, noted a few braking points, checked the weather, monitored the tyres and sometimes shouted "BRAKE!!!"

Despite the late start he gradually got into it and set the fastest lap on his way up to the top 10. On laps 10 and 11 a McLaren and Merc were battling in front so we decided to pit if they stay out. We stop and in jumps the 'Pro' driver. Was a bit nervous I might mess up all his progress but the Porsche is so easy to drive, don't know why I ignore it so much!

The undercut works by a few seconds, I had some fun battles with another couple of Porsches, clean enough (a bump here and there but not deliberate), overtake a few in the pits and get to P2 before the finish, less than 10 secs from the Audi up front.

No rain but we didn't really care, just a fun time racing! Shame he's back at school today... maybe we'll try again tonight ;)
How long until he's faster than you?

Pardon my ignorance if it's already been asked, but does anyone have a rough estimate of the odds of rain in Daily C vs. none at all? Did 2 runs last night, one dry and one rained mid-way through. This race is significantly more fun and interesting in the wet, that's for sure! 😅

A question: Does the game handle the evaluation of SR gains or losses differently depending on the DR ratings of the respective lobbies?

Here's why I ask:

First I jumped into a quick race B on my main account. Despite a half-decent QT (that's what I thought😐) I started from P9. Five A+/S drivers in the lobby, the rest A/S. The race felt like a massacre. Hitting, pushing, shoving and leaning all the time, and many track excursions. Me alone, I had at least 12 to 15 contacts with other cars (side note: this is not for me. I couldn't keep up with the madness and ended the race in P14). Strangely only one driver lost SR, according to the final display. The rest gained SR or stayed the same.

So I decided that this is not for me and did another race B on my second account instead for a comparison. Super clean race by almost everyone, nothing much happened in respect to lead changes or attempted overtakes. I started P5 and finished P5. And then on the final screen: 7 players had lost SR (including myself: I once rear-tapped P4 slightly, when he braked waaay too early, and then I went off track to avoid him when he went sliding after the first hairpin. That was enough for an SR loss, obviously).

Any ideas?

Last edited:
A question: Does the game handle the evaluation of SR gains or losses differently depending on the DR ratings of the respective lobbies?

Here's why I ask:

First I jumped into a quick race B on my main account. Despite a half-decent QT (that's what I thought😐) I started from P9. Five A+/S drivers in the lobby, the rest A/S. The race felt like a massacre. Hitting, pushing, shoving and leaning all the time, and many track excursions. Me alone, I had at least 12 to 15 contacts with other cars (side not: this is not for me. I couldn't keep up with the madness and ended the race in P14. Strangely only one driver lost SR, according to the final display. The rest gained SR or stayed the same.

So I decided that this is not for me and did another race B on my second account instead for a comparison. Super clean race by almost everyone, nothing much happened in respect to lead changes or attempted overtakes. I started P5 and finished P5. And then on the final screen: 7 players had lost SR (including myself: I once rear-tapped P4 slightly, when he braked waaay too early, and then I went off track to avoid that when he went sliding after the first hairpin. That was enough for an SR loss, obviously).

Any ideas?
It ain’t what you do, but how ya do it. Im pretty sure i could go out and wreck everyone and still gain sr.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Truth in 24

The Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races have cycled to a new set for the new week, with three more races running every 20-30 minutes across the next seven days...
In this article on the C lass race it says, "You’ll need to keep an eye on the weather radar and the surface water indicator on the left of the HUD. The first marker is the crossover point for slicks/Intermediates, and the second for Intermediates/Wet.".

Is the surface water indicator the colored vertical bar on the left? How does it tell us how much surface water there is? By matching it's color to the weather radar image?

Is the surface water indicator the colored vertical bar on the left?
Yes. Per the user manual:

1717514506315.png

How does it tell us how much surface water there is? By matching it's color to the weather radar image?
No, it fills up with a light blue bar:

1717514842579.png

Essentially you're fine if you're cautious on slick tyres up to the first marker, at which point you should be switching to Intermediates. The same applies to the second marker, but now it's the point for switching from Intermediates to Wets.

There is some variation here. You can, as the track is getting wetter, actually push a bit beyond the first marker on slicks. However you'll want to wait until the bar is well below the marker before swapping back to slicks.

Also be very cautious entering and leaving the pits as they're not a high-traffic, high-speed areas and take longer to dry out.

Last edited:
I’m still undecided about B race this week as it’s always a rough one.
I've never been a fan of this track. Not sure how much I'll be doing there this week.
@GrumpyOldMan I miss seeing you on my first page. Hope you can help me with that 😁
LOL, thanks. I've got something else taking up my time right now, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be done with it soon, and can get back to racing.

Yes. Per the user manual:

View attachment 1361915

No, it fills up with a light blue bar:

View attachment 1361917

Essentially you're fine if you're cautious on slick tyres up to the first marker, at which point you should be switching to Intermediates. The same applies to the second marker, but now it's the point for switching from Intermediates to Wets.

There is some variation here. You can, as the track is getting wetter, actually push a bit beyond the first marker on slicks. However you'll want to wait until the bar is well below the marker before swapping back to slicks.

Also be very cautious entering and leaving the pits as they're not a high-traffic, high-speed areas and take longer to dry out.
Thanks so much for the explanation. I had no idea about that hud element. I thought it was in the weather radar hud screen so I was only looking at that section of the on-line manual so that is why I never found it.

Here's why I ask:

First I jumped into a quick race B on my main account. Despite a half-decent QT (that's what I thought😐) I started from P9. Five A+/S drivers in the lobby, the rest A/S. The race felt like a massacre. Hitting, pushing, shoving and leaning all the time, and many track excursions. Me alone, I had at least 12 to 15 contacts with other cars (side note: this is not for me. I couldn't keep up with the madness and ended the race in P14). Strangely only one driver lost SR, according to the final display. The rest gained SR or stayed the same.

So I decided that this is not for me and did another race B on my second account instead for a comparison. Super clean race by almost everyone, nothing much happened in respect to lead changes or attempted overtakes. I started P5 and finished P5. And then on the final screen: 7 players had lost SR (including myself: I once rear-tapped P4 slightly, when he braked waaay too early, and then I went off track to avoid him when he went sliding after the first hairpin. That was enough for an SR loss, obviously).

Any ideas?
There maybe different sr tolerances related to both DR and the actual circuit.

A couple of things we do know is the speed of the contact is important. This was shown in the Daytona oval races where you'd lose SR if the bump draft contact was to hard (the speed differential beyond some margin)

Subjectively we know that the system isn't tied 1-2-1 to the penalty system as you can increase SR even with Track Limit penalties or wall penalties.

I think there are a few considerations the system makes:

- the angle and speed of the impact was the player braking within a given spatial zone.

(Think the collision penalties at DTS when you rear end the crashed car and you get the punt penalty)

- where on the track you are and which track

- what happened to the car that was hit

- time spent near cars with out contact beyond a certain threshold

- damage - how much where and how many times also proximity to other players

These are just guesses but generally relate to the real time SR indicator in GT Sport.

Then it's simply a matter of subtracting losses from gains and if it's positive you increase if it is equal you stay the same (or you are max for a given level) if it's negative it goes down.

Basically it's just a running tally. I'd assume that there is a weighting the higher the splits you go but DR and starting position could also be factors as well.

2p

Last edited:
There maybe different sr tolerances related to both DR and the actual circuit.

A couple of things we do know is the speed of the contact is important. This was shown in the Daytona oval races where you'd lose SR if the bump draft contact was to hard (the speed differential beyond some margin)

Subjectively we know that the system isn't tied 1-2-1 to the penalty system as you can increase SR even with Track Limit penalties or wall penalties.

I think there are a few considerations the system makes:

- the angle and speed of the impact was the player braking within a given spatial zone.

(Think the collision penalties at DTS when you rear end the crashed car and you get the punt penalty)

- where on the track you are and which track

- what happened to the car that was hit

- time spent near cars with out contact beyond a certain threshold

- damage - how much where and how many times also proximity to other players

These are just guesses but generally relate to the real time SR indicator in GT Sport.

Then it's simply a matter of subtracting losses from gains and if it's positive you increase if it is equal you stay the same (or you are max for a given level) if it's negative it goes down.

Basically it's just a running tally. I'd assume that there is a weighting the higher the splits you go but DR and starting position could also be factors as well.

2p
These are very good ideas about how the SR system should work, and maybe it does. But the two races I referred to made me doubt if it is really that sophisticated. And if it works like it is intended to do.

Anyway, I just did two more races B for further "research", and... I gained SR in both of them. Even got one CRB. Both in B/S lobbies. The first had me starting from P2, gaining P1 in the first corner (the UglyAlfa©️ is very good on acceleration from the start), then falling back to P7 due to minor bumping and me driving like my grandma (or more like my dead grandma), only to win some positions back and finishing P4.
Next one had me on pole position, which I defended from start to finish. Shoutout to the south african driver who was sniffing on my exhausts for the whole race. He was quicker than me, but kept it clean and fair throughout. I barely could resist the urge to let him pass before the finish line, because I felt like he deserved it. He restored some of my former faith in B/S lobbies.🥹

IMG_4458.jpeg

Speechless - a good race finally came my way!! 🥳 😅

Started P6 at Interlagos and took the few opportunities which came my way and manoeuvred myself up to P3. The dude behind had started P2 (I think) and was bumped down behind me so had to deal with his attempts for 3 laps but he was mostly clean, so we had a few passes/ repasses, a lot of close racing too! But.... always respectful and I ended up on the podium 😊

1717524018641.jpeg
1717524026231.jpeg

1717524040444.jpeg

Also @newmedia_dev not sure if we are friends on my 2nd account, but I wouldn't look at the LB if we are 😜😎

** CORRECTION **

By the time I improved, you actually improved even more... 😂 Nice one mate 🔥 Bastard... 😂😜

Last edited:
These are very good ideas about how the SR system should work, and maybe it does. But the two races I referred to made me doubt if it is really that sophisticated. And if it works like it is intended to do.

Anyway, I just did two more races B for further "research", and... I gained SR in both of them. Even got one CRB. Both in B/S lobbies. The first had me starting from P2, gaining P1 in the first corner (the UglyAlfa©️ is very good on acceleration from the start), then falling back to P7 due to minor bumping and me driving like my grandma (or more like my dead grandma), only to win some positions back and finishing P4.
Next one had me on pole position, which I defended from start to finish. Shoutout to the south african driver who was sniffing on my exhausts for the whole race. He was quicker than me, but kept it clean and fair throughout. I barely could resist the urge to let him pass before the finish line, because I felt like he deserved it. He restored some of my former faith in B/S lobbies.🥹

View attachment 1361948
I think this actually highlights the system good or bad...

If it doesn't work as intended (or maybe it's intentional) staying out of trouble and finishing races is prioritised (weighted over some infractions) it's why quitting hits SR so bad relatively.

Also your starting position in the second race plays a lot to the loose system I described and it's probably looking at way more things than I can think of.

I think people really double down on giving PD a hard time yet they built one of the best physics systems, integrated Sophy who races pretty damn well for AI that they don't know a lot of these things are issues for us. Maybe they look at the bigger picture and quite frankly don't care about one or 50 players gaining DR/SR it's an economy that is sort of self balancing hence the different DR groupings.

I think most of the stuff we moan about is game play choices, definitely not defending them but they seem considered. And this is where they landed on balance for multiplayer. Good or bad it is what it is. One thing I can say is if you start from the back finish last and interact with no other cars your SR will go up.

Conversely if you want DR you have to work for it and that means things get tight, space is given and taken away, contact is inevitable even accidentally.

One thing I will say is that in the higher cleaner lobbies the contact is much more refined, a slight rear tap, running a fraction wide everyone lifts etc the flow stays...that is not a blanket truth though is as I said thirst is not lobby dependant but reflective of the people in it and bad apples are everywhere.

Oh man... I could really go off about my first race at Interlagos just now.... Be prepared for some HORRIFFIC, SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL driving standards! Ramming which goes unpunished yet the victim (me) actually loses SR after the race calculates everything.... ⚰️

However, instead of moaning, I will say that I am quite pleased with how I handled being punted around 5 times within Lap 1, resulting in me falling all the way to P16 after starting in P7!!! I will admit I let the elbows out a bit, but nothing unfair. I did also avoid someone trying to punt me to hell towards the end of Lap 3 but saw it coming, and saw him fly off track as I went around unharmed 😎😜😅

Long story short, I made up 9 positions in 3 laps (finished Lap 5 same position as I ended Lap 4) to regain P7 and it wasn't easy as I was still dealing with punts and hits throughout those laps...

As for my QT, I am not bad (improved by 0.1s after the race) but I know I can find more time, screwed up a few times when I was even 0.5s ahead of current PB so just need to make it happen, most-likely tomorrow though as family time this evening.

Good luck everyone!

View attachment 1361576 View attachment 1361577

View attachment 1361578 View attachment 1361579

Was an excellent drive in such circumstances.

You totally kept riding those knocks!

Good watch

But you would never ever do that, right? 😆
Hah. Nah. I’m not concerned with DR. Just out to have a good drive and some fun dog fights wherever they may occur in the order. If you can’t do it clean, you can’t do it.

However..
Once someone has outted themselves as a clown, particularly if they are ruining the race for everyone else..race after race.. well then, sometimes they get what they order. This isn’t about racing incidents, or accidentals, we all make mistakes and stuff happens when everyones trying hard. Thats just part of the win some, lose some, fun.

V for vendetta is reserved for obvious intent.

Back