GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,649 comments
Personally speaking I would expect folks to be more turned off by Fuji rather than race duration and weather. The final sector of Fuji is just horrible to drive.

But PD’s takeaway will probably be lack of engagement is due to duration/weather.
I also hate the technical sector of Fuji for racing (but I do like it in TTs).
I hate it on racing because it turns in a push to pass festival almost every time

I dont think this race will have so much engagement.
Only 16 cars on this long track/race will result in big gaps and lots of desertions.

Oh dang. My bad luck (getting dry races) continues here at Fuji, just like at the 20-lap Spa. Just did my first race. There was a rain patch but it was so light that the rain meter did not even show any water at all. It was still an enjoyable race nonetheless due to Gr3 cars (I had Gr4 for the GTWS and it was freaking awful in practice) and due to the long race bringing the smart & calm racer out of the folks. It is just Monday so I had a field from A+ to B folks and yet I had close battles among my B-folks almost throughout.

Since I had only one practice lap before jumping into a race, instead of trying out the newly released NSX, I picked my GTWS car, the Alfa Romeo 4C, which felt good in the dry, grippy through corners, good top speed, crazy kind on tires (0BB is best), and incredibly fuel efficient (I had 1.2 lap of fuel left at the end of this dry race).

Last edited:
I also hate the technical sector of Fuji for racing (but I do like it in TTs).
I hate it on racing because it turns in a push to pass festival almost every time

I dont think this race will have so much engagement.
Only 16 cars on this long track/race will result in big gaps and lots of desertions.
Agreed. It's just such an awkward track. I mentioned in the Manu thread but I feel like I get 50% of the turns so wrong. Like, "...that can't possibly be the fastest line/way through that turn!" But, the times are okay and everyone else does it in the race.

Where it gets annoying is the three with the late apexes (the left after the sweeping right, and the last two) give knuckleheads the idea they can divebomb on those turns often making contact as the lead car goes to clip that late apex. If everyone behaves, it can be fun (my Manu race was fantastic); but we know it only takes one to mess up a race.

That, and Fuji is so over used. Fuji and Suzuka. But I digress...

2:04.644 for Race A 💪

Awesome fun. Crucial throttle control is essential as the little roadster likes to snap sideways.

Qualifying done. Race time 🏁

Attachments

• 20240604_002200.jpg
    20240604_002200.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
Where it gets annoying is the three with the late apexes (the left after the sweeping right, and the last two) give knuckleheads the idea they can divebomb on those turns often making contact as the lead car goes to clip that late apex. If everyone behaves, it can be fun (my Manu race was fantastic); but we know it only takes one to mess up a race.
After the Dunlop chicane and before entering the straight its Mordor territory and the orcs dont hesitate!
At least its a long race and we have lot of laps to recover

God damn. What is it with trash dirty drivers? First turn on Race A and I get a bunch of Japanese drivers dive bomb me.

Of course I catch up and pass everyone again for the same 3 drivers to ram me off the track for a second time.

Congrats on your achievement. I also had a quick stint in A+ and I’m also not worried about it being thrown backwards.

Not sure what you ran into but I lost it in only 2 races from a few bad breaks and lobbies being a few A+, a few A and even thirsty B’s mixed in.
This combination of DR is high risk low reward. I had a p4 at equal points and a p2 at 500 but p15 was -2400 and -1500 in two consecutive races.
Thanks!!

The lobbies with high A and low A+ guys are poison. Race 1 went like this: I was P4 closing to P2 and P3 who had a battle through T2/T3/T4 esses, one went into the grass to the right, one into the wall to the left. I went between cleanly, and then P3 takes me out in the long left hander. Goodby. In race two, I'm P3 when P4 dives from nowhere straight into me when braking for the final chicane. Buy-buy.

All good, I was not looking forward to worry about my DR. It's like when you buy a new car, it's better to get a quick scratch so you can relax.

Just had quite possibly the most enjoyable race I have ever done on GT7. I actually started 2nd but was punted off on the first lap and ended up dead last, not a great start but i kept going. Managed to work my way back up to 7th by lap 6It started to spit rain at the end of lap 6 so the leader and I pitted at the end of lap 7 for Intermediates while the rest stayed out. Of course, they got caught out badly as the track changed instantly 🤣 Anyway, I pulled back a 13 second deficit but try as I might I just couldn't find any more pace. 1.7 seconds was not to bad after 45 minutes and 3/4 of that pissing down ☔️☔️☔️. We finished 58 seconds ahead of 3rd place. The NSX is an absolute dream of a car, really stable and excellent turn in. Wish it was quicker though!

Attachments

• 20240603_171616.jpg
    20240603_171616.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240603_171535.jpg
    20240603_171535.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Oh man... I could really go off about my first race at Interlagos just now.... Be prepared for some HORRIFFIC, SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL driving standards! Ramming which goes unpunished yet the victim (me) actually loses SR after the race calculates everything.... ⚰️

However, instead of moaning, I will say that I am quite pleased with how I handled being punted around 5 times within Lap 1, resulting in me falling all the way to P16 after starting in P7!!! I will admit I let the elbows out a bit, but nothing unfair. I did also avoid someone trying to punt me to hell towards the end of Lap 3 but saw it coming, and saw him fly off track as I went around unharmed 😎😜😅

Long story short, I made up 9 positions in 3 laps (finished Lap 5 same position as I ended Lap 4) to regain P7 and it wasn't easy as I was still dealing with punts and hits throughout those laps...

As for my QT, I am not bad (improved by 0.1s after the race) but I know I can find more time, screwed up a few times when I was even 0.5s ahead of current PB so just need to make it happen, most-likely tomorrow though as family time this evening.

Good luck everyone!

1717437725515.jpeg
1717437745117.jpeg

1717437762334.jpeg
1717437770152.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly after a couple of weeks that suited me this week is the complete opposite.

I feel I've overdosed on Interlagos with various dailies, GTWS and time trials in very recent times. I also don't like how bumpy the track is (probably compounded by my wheel settings tbf)

And while I'm in the like Fuji camp, I don't like the rain, don't like it in real life and don't like it in the game either. I completely understand how weather polarises people and that is absolutely fine. My choice not to race it.

So this week I probably am not gonna do a single race sadly 😢 but it's also a busy back half of the week for me (office, conference, hospital etc) so probably won't miss it all that much in reality.

Good speed racers and have a great week if these are your thing/you can perserve through them!

Sadly after a couple of weeks that suited me this week is the complete opposite.

I feel I've overdosed on Interlagos with various dailies, GTWS and time trials in very recent times. I also don't like how bumpy the track is (probably compounded by my wheel settings tbf)

And while I'm in the like Fuji camp, I don't like the rain, don't like it in real life and don't like it in the game either. I completely understand how weather polarises people and that is absolutely fine. My choice not to race it.

So this week I probably am not gonna do a single race sadly 😢 but it's also a busy back half of the week for me (office, conference, hospital etc) so probably won't miss it all that much in reality.

Good speed racers and have a great week if these are your thing/you can perserve through them!
We've all heard stuff like this before.. see you on the track tomorrow brother.

Spent last night spamming race A. Except for 1 guy who pulled a totally random Q lap out his rear the racing was fine and fun. Lots of different lines, people making speed in random places. This should have been a race C.

The 1 random guy kept starting p1 or p2, but couldn't drive the track to save their life in race. Swerving into turns, sliding all over, blocking. Even braked on the apex a few times and would turn into people like he was on track on his own. Others got fed up and started just doing the same back. Not wrecking him, but ensuring he got pushed out of line like he did to them.

Outside of that person it's been great racing.

Same issues for me at all three tracks: Losing chunks of time entering the first corner, exiting the last, and all the twisty bits in the middle.

Daytona Race A: 2:07.599

Interlagos Race B: 1:41.154

Fuji Race C: 1:40.927

Spa in the rain with Gr.3s still gives me nightmares from last time, so I'll be skipping Fuji. 😤

Haven't raced Interlagos online yet, and I really enjoy Gr.4, so I'll likely do that later this week. Plenty of time to whittle down my QT.

Wanted to do one of the Race Cs so I jumped on an alt and tried one from the back. But, no rain. No rain on the radar pre-race and after four laps no rain on the in-race radar. So I bailed lol.

One thing I will say is cool, is that despite this race being ~45mins there is still a race that starts every 30 mins. I like that, so if you miss one you don't have to wait an hour for the next one; it's normal Daily C times.

1717445487817.png

Last edited:
I don't like the rain, don't like it in real life and don't like it in the game either.
Being ex-British I fully relate. One of the reasons I moved away from Blighty! :D

So why subject myself to it in a virtual world as well.

One thing I will say is cool, is that despite this race being ~45mins there is still a race that starts every 30 mins. I like that, so if you miss one you don't have to wait an hour for the next one; it's normal Daily C times.
That is pretty good.

Last edited:
Well my motivational capabilities seem to be a bit sub-par at the moment. But let's try this: The UglyAlfa©️ likes it hard...🤭

Err, I mean the driving style, of course...
Lmao having used the bug I'm glad we share the same eye of the beholder opinion on these things!

🤣🤣🤣

Im really resisting switching to the meta-esque cars for this one although I don't think and quite rightly so there are metas in group 4 any more. Some popular easier cars and some cars that need some love but overall there isn't a clear choice so the balancing is working (without tuning)

I spent my hour QT smashing the back doors of an Alfa ghost.....metaphorically I'd just like to clarify as I know what you guys are like 🤣

We should exchange our accounts! Four races for me, all zero rain (I want rain).

----

The four races were still fun nonetheless for me. I guess endurance is my thing. I am also happily at a place DR-wise that I have to constantly push for 24 laps as there are cars close enough front and back. If I don't get a rain for another 4 races, I am officially cursed.

After a couple of weeks of hardly any racing I jumped in tonight as had the evening free.

Done a mix of Race A & B. Both fun.

I can never complain about the little Mazda's, they always provide a good time and a good laugh.

I'm the only Mustang in Brazil it seems, which is odd, as it's a beast. More skilfull drivers than me should dominate in it. Got mostly top 5 finishes. Feels good even though its Gr4 on RH, which i usually cant stand. Will he back later in the week for more, when presumably my QT is rendered useless.

Haven't tried Race C... currently says in unavailable... they must be changing the length maybe?

Edit... its now back... that was weird...

2nd edit... they changed the time required to 50 minutes...

Last edited:
Back