GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,649 comments
Finished a race and found @Dep Fishtail had moved to the top of my QT list, had to sort that out 😁

18fd57836ec87-screenshotUrl.jpg

Always avoided Brands in GTS days, and in GT7 too, until that Gr4 race a few months ago, when I sorta got to grips with the track.

And when you do, it’s so enjoyable, so many challenging corners, not just Paddock, but on the back side of track too. Got a win, a podium, and a few top 5s this week in the Gr3 race (largely by pitting on lap 1, getting the undercut, and letting the mid-pack battle).

Still can’t get Graham Hill right though!

Always avoided Brands in GTS days, and in GT7 too, until that Gr4 race a few months ago, when I sorta got to grips with the track.

And when you do, it’s so enjoyable, so many challenging corners, not just Paddock, but on the back side of track too. Got a win, a podium, and a few top 5s this week in the Gr3 race (largely by pitting on lap 1, getting the undercut, and letting the mid-pack battle).

Still can’t get Graham Hill right though!
I like the Indy circuit but the out field is my nemesis pace wise.

So in forgiving even in the longer format races.

Edit: just this

IMG_0469.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, this isn't getting better.

I tried another race B on my second account in a B/S lobby. This time I got well through the first sector, settled in nicely, and then it happened again. P2 refused to brake adequately and overtook me in the chicane after the downhill by just hitting me from the side and pushing me onto the grass. And no, I didn't make a mistake this time, I didn't brake too early, I didn't open the door, I didn't take a wide line. Then, with dirty tires, I had to brake early in the hairpin and got swallowed by two more drivers, not without being rammed again of course, and now I found myself right in the middle of the clownshow. Everybody pushed and shoved everybody else, and I was on the grass again and in P10 before lap two was even done. Nobody seems to know the concept of fairplay at all anymore. Giving a position back that one has gained by ramming someone, intentionally or not? Waiting for an opportunity instead of just pushing, ramming or leaning in the next best turn? Forget it.

I rage quit, or better: I frustration-quit for the first time in quite a long period. Before I start behaving the same way or even retaliating.

Is this really how the online game is played nowadays? In SR S lobbies? Or is it that on weekends it's predominantly immature schoolkids playing? Are there better times of day or weekdays to find reasonably clean races?

I'll make a final try later in the day. If it goes similarly, my return to daily racing might end earlier than I had expected. It's just not fun that way. Damn.

Yeah, I know, maybe I'm just whining and complaining to much. Anyway, happy sunday to everybody. 🍻

Last edited:
Is this really how the online game is played nowadays?
Here's the way I look at it now, which has helped me not lose it completely: If I make a mistake or don't drive well enough to keep my lead, then what happens after that is on me. I mean, I still get ticked, but if I hadn't done [fill in the blank] then [fill in the blank] would never have happened.
Are there better times of day or weekdays to find reasonably clean races?
Since you probably drive on the Europe servers, I don't know that I can help. But for me, mornings in Pacific Time always seem better - the earlier the better. But as for Sundays, it's almost always asking for trouble, especially after noon.
Yeah, I know, maybe I'm just whining and complaining to much.
Not too much! If we didn't have this place to complain to people who totally understand, we'd all go crazy! At least, I would. :dopey:

Here's the way I look at it now, which has helped me not lose it completely: If I make a mistake or don't drive well enough to keep my lead, then what happens after that is on me. I mean, I still get ticked, but if I hadn't done [fill in the blank] then [fill in the blank] would never have happened.
Having done approximately 700 daily races on different accounts up to now, I think I can distinguish between my countless own mistakes (I accept them and their results) and the deliberate or careless BS that other drivers are doing (sometimes I laugh about it, but sometimes, if it gets just too much, I'm pissed). Last race was a rare case of 0% on myself, and I just couldn't stand it.

Since you probably drive on the Europe servers, I don't know that I can help. But for me, mornings in Pacific Time always seem better - the earlier the better. But as for Sundays, it's almost always asking for trouble, especially after noon.
Okay. Got it. Sunday afternoon means trouble. So, that seems to be the same here in Europe.

Sadly that is the part of the week with the best chance of me having time for a session of daily races. 🤬

Not too much! If we didn't have this place to complain to people who totally understand, we'd all go crazy! At least, I would. :dopey:
Yeah right. I wouldn't even imagine me trying to tell that kind of stuff to my wife.🤣

Last edited:
It's complicated @Leon Kowalski in the EU early mornings a typically better.

Once you get in to the day time you get the once a weekers coming online and some of it is skill issues but mostly it's just not racing enough to they tend to have a really rough around the edges style.

Sundays typically bring out the "let's see what x daily is about" and again the quality/ability of the lobbies drop.

Most evenings it's 50/50 but the worst time is when the kids get home from school or dad comes home from the pub 🤣

It's complicated @Leon Kowalski in the EU early mornings a typically better.
Oh great. Then I'll race early in the morning. Except when I have to work. Which is, let's see... erm, always.😬

Once you get in to the day time you get the once a weekers coming online and some of it is skill issues but mostly it's just not racing enough to they tend to have a really rough around the edges style.

Sundays typically bring out the "let's see what x daily is about" and again the quality/ability of the lobbies drop.
I get that, but at least all of them had DR B (and SR S) ratings, which I thought required at least a minimal amount of skill and a certain number of (halfway clean) races.

Maybe it's a lot of hard working family guys who have to let all their frustrations and aggressions out, which they've accumulated over the course of a week... okay, accepted, punch me then, it's better than doing any other dumb stuff...🤪

Most evenings it's 50/50 but the worst time is when the kids get home from school or dad comes home from the pub 🤣
Right. That's why I don't drink and drive.😆

Last edited:
Oh great. Then I'll race early in the morning. Except when I have to work. Which is, let's see... erm, always.😬

I get that, but at least all of them had DR B (and SR S) ratings, which I thought required at least a minimal amount of skill and a certain number of (halfway clean) races.

Maybe it's a lot of hard working family guys who have to let all their frustrations and aggressions out, which they've accumulated over the course of a week... okay, accepted, punch me then, it's better than doing any other dumb stuff...🤪

Right. That's why I don't drink and drive.😆
It's just thirstiness mostly mate, a lot of people believe the crap about if you ain't first your are last and if there is a gap and you don't go for it....they can't see the wider picture just the 6inches in front of their bonnet/hood

I've found Race A this week to be particularly heavily populated with those with fragile egos. At least when you're driving fast racing cars, the decisions (or indecision) have to be made on split seconds. In a Clio Sport V6, the meathead in front has half a minute to decide they're going to block you.

My A+ lasted 3 races, P4, P14=last, P15=last, mostly because I broke my principle to not defend aggressively, and definitely not in the esses.

Now 92% A. Ah well, my only goal was to try to see if I could become A+, if only for a moment, and I could, but I don't have the hours to invest to keep it sustainably. I'm probably not even able to keep A, but thats OK. As of now I'm just going to race for fun, disregard the DR all together.

Not even going to QT more than a few laps, not 30-50 to try to get into the 2-300.

@benjoi84 and here is me wishing people understood the concept of late apexes are faster for tight corners than hugging the inside at 25mph 🤣

Why is there always that one person who seems to want to form a grudge.

I just go about my business and they are clumsy and all of a sudden it's a vendetta to the point of torpedoing me at the chicane :/ sigh.

Will post the video but I want to edit it with the previous races.

Just sigh.

Last edited:
My A+ lasted 3 races, P4, P14=last, P15=last, mostly because I broke my principle to not defend aggressively, and definitely not in the esses.

Now 92% A. Ah well, my only goal was to try to see if I could become A+, if only for a moment, and I could, but I don't have the hours to invest to keep it sustainably. I'm probably not even able to keep A, but thats OK. As of now I'm just going to race for fun, disregard the DR all together.

Not even going to QT more than a few laps, not 30-50 to try to get into the 2-300.

Congrats on your achievement. I also had a quick stint in A+ and I’m also not worried about it being thrown backwards.

Not sure what you ran into but I lost it in only 2 races from a few bad breaks and lobbies being a few A+, a few A and even thirsty B’s mixed in.
This combination of DR is high risk low reward. I had a p4 at equal points and a p2 at 500 but p15 was -2400 and -1500 in two consecutive races.

I did manage to maintain my low A+ through Manu but it was just maintaining barely.

I still had more fun racing than worrying about a rating the was a long time coming but tbh it isn’t out of reach if things go well either. I’m just going to roll with it too.

To be fair though leaderboard racing is quite fun in its own right 🤣🤣
🍻

This combination of DR is high risk low reward. I had a p4 at equal points and a p2 at 500 but p15 was -2400 and -1500 in two consecutive races
That's something that occurred to me while racing in the US the DR swing is massive as the lobbies are unbalanced compared to the EMEA ones.

You can get full A and A+ lobbies but the US ones are almost multi class sometimes!

Last edited:
So far this week, my Race B experiences have usually been half scrappy fun, and half tragic comedy. Today was 80% scrappy fun.

Race 1: Started P3. Could barely keep up with the lead cars, but was happy to hold on to P3 for a podium.

Race 2: Started P2. Lead car botched the fast downhill left after the esses on Lap 1, putting me in front. I was soon passed by a rapid Cayman. I got past them on the last lap, when they were slow heading into my favorite hairpin, but I bungled my exit coming out of the final chicane. An Italia followed the Cayman through, and I had to 'settle' for another P3 podium.

Race 3: Started P5. Avoided some accidents. Struggled to stay in front of a quick Mustang that may have been getting frustrated with me. Held on for a third P3 podium.

Race 4: Started P3. Got past a Huracan early on, and set consecutive Fastest Laps trying - and ultimately failing - to reel in the lead Cayman. Chuffed with a P2 podium.

Race 5: Started P10. I used poor judgement braking into the inside of traffic at the first corner on Lap 2, and wiped out a few cars*. Limped home to a deserved P15 (last) after apologizing.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

049.gif

Last edited:
@benjoi84 and here is me wishing people understood the concept of late apexes are faster for tight corners than hugging the inside at 25mph 🤣

Why is there always that one person who seems to want to form a grudge.

I just go about my business and they are clumsy and all of a sudden it's a vendetta to the point of torpedoing me at the chicane :/ sigh.

Will post the video but I want to edit it with the previous races.

Just sigh.
yeah that dude nearly took me out as well when he punted you. I somehow survived. My luck/skill with Daily B wasnt great today with mostly self inflicted offs....

Finished a race and found @Dep Fishtail had moved to the top of my QT list, had to sort that out 😁

View attachment 1360997
Hey! What happened to you during that race we did? You ha dP3 for most of the race and then saw you finish in P7. Mistake or taken out? I started in P15 lol - was in P10 by Lap 3 but taken out on purpose on Lap 4 (very hard) by someone who was further up, spun out by someone and took his frustration out on my after I passed him as he was recovering (still ghosted). Ended up finishing in P14 lol.

That's it for me this week, can't believe that in 12 races, only 2 went without being taken out. Poor from PD, really. Even the guy who took me out didn't get a penalty, even though he hit me at over 100 mph as I was taking a corner!?

A rather unexpected ending to my weekend of testing the B/S lobbies:

IMG_4454.jpeg

IMG_4455.jpeg

Again starting from pole with a QT that I had considered not that great, it felt like a smooth ride with an ever growing gap to P2.

But checking the replay, maybe I just got a bit lucky. P3 took out P2 even before the esses in lap 1. Then P4 did the same to the new P2 braking (or not braking) into the chicane at the end of the downhill section. So from there on my gap to P2 was already over 1.5 sec., too far even for the worst diving attack. The four brits behind me then had an animated race, pushing and shoving all the time, including lawnmowing sessions, but kept it juuust from becoming a complete mess (I think they had fun).

It's just thirstiness mostly mate, a lot of people believe the crap about if you ain't first your are last and if there is a gap and you don't go for it....they can't see the wider picture just the 6inches in front of their bonnet/hood
So the race was still confirming what you wrote, only that this time I was lucky to be far ahead enough from the get go.

yeah that dude nearly took me out as well when he punted you. I somehow survived. My luck/skill with Daily B wasnt great today with mostly self inflicted offs....
He ran me wide in a previous race, I moaned about it and he told me "that's racing" so I gave him some "racing back" but as a slightly better driver....I quite happily showed him the wide line....

That's why he had the bit between his teeth the previous race I think you were in I finished in the top 2? And he was close to last and then the torpedo the next race.

I thought we had gone tit for tat and it was all sorted. Apparently not.

The thing that boils my piss is that he called me a "child" I said I was 44 and laughed and he said he was 52 so both of us mature peeps that realise this is a game...

But then the audacity to do that torpedo at the chicane is not grown up behaviour.

Hey! What happened to you during that race we did? You ha dP3 for most of the race and then saw you finish in P7. Mistake or taken out?
My mistake at the first chicane got a 1s penalty so dropped back.
To be fair I have found the racing in B cleaner than usual from my starting positions, mostly top 5.
This was my first week at A+, didn't believe it would last long but after about 15 races only lost DR in one, no wins but a few podiums.

Finished my last race and noticed @Dep Fishtail and @GrumpyOldMan were online so jumped onto US account (not used for 6 months) at the hope of racing with them, did two QT laps got a 1.39.6** and joined a race. Started P1 and who was there? @newmedia_dev aka itsnotglen, mucked up the chicane first lap and finished < P10.

Skipping next week for work commitments.

Have fun at Interlagos.

I'm one of those people that would never want to offend someone (unless I'm ticked of course). So unless I'm mad (aka grumpy), I just can't fathom people who are that way all the time.
Yeah...imagine if he spent all of Monday like I do and still that far off 🤣
How about literally almost all day, every day? (Except for this week when I've been working on a couple of programming projects.)

EDIT:

Well, I did my best to break my QT, and I got close, but it wasn't happening.

All in all, it was a good, fun week. My DR stayed about the same - I only did 7 races, though.

1717381695870.png

1717381737197.png

I hope y'all had fun this week. See you next week!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back