GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,595 comments
Wow, this isn't getting better.

I tried another race B on my second account in a B/S lobby. This time I got well through the first sector, settled in nicely, and then it happened again. P2 refused to brake adequately and overtook me in the chicane after the downhill by just hitting me from the side and pushing me onto the grass. And no, I didn't make a mistake this time, I didn't brake too early, I didn't open the door, I didn't take a wide line. Then, with dirty tires, I had to brake early in the hairpin and got swallowed by two more drivers, not without being rammed again of course, and now I found myself right in the middle of the clownshow. Everybody pushed and shoved everybody else, and I was on the grass again and in P10 before lap two was even done. Nobody seems to know the concept of fairplay at all anymore. Giving a position back that one has gained by ramming someone, intentionally or not? Waiting for an opportunity instead of just pushing, ramming or leaning in the next best turn? Forget it.

I rage quit, or better: I frustration-quit for the first time in quite a long period. Before I start behaving the same way or even retaliating.

Is this really how the online game is played nowadays? In SR S lobbies? Or is it that on weekends it's predominantly immature schoolkids playing? Are there better times of day or weekdays to find reasonably clean races?

I'll make a final try later in the day. If it goes similarly, my return to daily racing might end earlier than I had expected. It's just not fun that way. Damn.

Yeah, I know, maybe I'm just whining and complaining to much. Anyway, happy sunday to everybody. 🍻

Yeah it’s been a funny week, didn’t enjoy racing in the week, could be school holidays etc, but ended up winning 5 in a row Saturday early morning until I’d found out my son who shares my account got a 3 day psn ban! Cheers buddy! So I had to use my other side sons account where I took him from D/B to B/S and won 13 of 25 races Sunday! Felt like the Gr4 race in Suzuka recently, had a decent time of 1.41.013 and that put me nearly always at the top.

Very nearly made DR A, back to my actual account on Tuesday

Strange that during the weekend to be better racing than in the week!

On to interlagos!

Had a good week with mostly clean driving on Kyoto. Did 8 races I think. 6 of them were clean. In one race there was a very dirty driver trying to ram everyone off daring to overtake him. I couldn't avoid him after being close because I wanted to use slipstream. He ended up in front of me with an improvement of his SR...

In one race I got run wide into the grass and lost the car. Dirty driving or poor awareness, I couldn't tell for sure. I was on the outside and maybe should've known better.

Let's see what the new week brings

Where Are You What GIF by Yung Bae

^^ Wow, Daily A is only three laps.

And I do like how PD are finally getting away from the RH only on Gr3 cars. They still overuse the RH tires, IMO, but at least we're seeing some RM races on a somewhat consistent basis as well.

So Gr4 at Interlagos, 5 laps, RH
Gr3 at Fuji, weather, 24 laps, 45+ mins race

I'll stick to Race B this week even though I'm not that fond of Interlagos, but it's probably a good time to learn it properly :D

Surprising to have another Gr4, look forward to it!

Edit: A quick 1:38.900 now lol at Interlagos. Should be enough to qualify top 3 at least. Couple more attempts will get into the mid 8s.

First and last corners are absolutely crucial to nail a good time.

First S bend, brake just before the 50m mark, trail brake into the corner, maintain part throttle until you have fully rotated the car and facing forwards then immediately full throttle powering out of the S bend.

Last corner is an off camber turn that often catches a lot of people off causing understeer onto the grass.

Brake slightly before the 50m mark, down into second, off the throttle and coast into the corner. Mid corner entry upshift into 3rd gear and power through.

You can lose or gain up to a second just from that last corner alone depending on how you approach it.

Attachments

• 20240603_214225.jpg
    20240603_214225.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Kinda worried PD is going to Nerf race C like they have in the past. Time required shows 25mins, which is obviously not true. Hopefully they don't reduce the number of laps during the week and the error is in the estimated time.
I guess it's going to be dependent on the player telemetry they monitor like numbers of users, length of sessions, number of races, number of people doing races they normally wouldn't etc.

I'd imagine the main indicator would be participation and number of races (engagement) vs shorter format and fixed conditions...

I guess it's going to be dependent on the player telemetry they monitor like numbers of users, length of sessions, number of races, number of people doing races they normally wouldn't etc.

I'd imagine the main indicator would be participation and number of races (engagement) vs shorter format and fixed conditions...
I think you're giving PD way too much credit.

Last edited:
Shame C isn't limited to just the 3 JGTC cars. Seems an obvious choice and would be very fun for a little mix-up.
This is exactly some of the frustration I have with PD—they’re so limited in their thinking. I love your suggestion. I’ve often thought it’d be ace to have an 80s Ferrari vs Porsche vs Lambo daily race (bring back those childhood poster vibes), E30 vs 90e, Group C event, and so on. Really get into some specific themes, plus it should be easier to BOP races with a much smaller amount of variables.

But alas, PD wheel out the same old Gr.4 and 3 races, time and time again. Have we even ever had a start to finish wet race or night race?

Last edited:
Yes! 24-lap Fuji. I did not expect PD to bring back a long race so quickly after 20-lap Spa!

Fingers crossed for two things that:
1. 24 lap is not a mistake, like Talon said. I still hate the memory of Le Mans laps getting cut in half the other week.
2. I get more wet races. Majority of my 20-lap Spa races were dry.

Last edited:
Back