GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,801 comments
After a couple of weeks away from sport mode I jumped into Race C today... although its not a traditional Race C, its the best 'Race B' we have had in a while (if you get me).

I'm more comfortable with the fake Mazda then then LFA, so have been using that. The Ford GT is one of the best cars to use in the cafe menus but I cant get it to work here. Had some surpringly clean races, until my DR went up for a change and I started getting paired with A & A+ players, and then it got rough and spicy.

Its a good race though and its nice to be back after a brief sabbatical. I do think in general though (like many) the daily race format really needs a massive shake up, which wouldnt be hard for them to do. Hopefefully if the numbers were low last week they take notice.

No chapter indexes? And yeah, I know - I'm an ungrateful SOB who only wants more and more from you. 😉
Weird, I did the normal thing I do for Chapters and it's not registered for some reason, I'll see if I can fix it.

Edit: turns out they were to far down the description.

Last edited:
25 laps of trying and this is all I can show for it 🙈🙈 I really must start using a ghost because I just cannot get my head around this car (RX Vison). Pointless trying to race until I can get a bit more of a respectable time up as this track is hell if you are anywhere near the back 🤣. Any tips on Brake Balance? I'm on +4 but I reckon it should be less?

Attachments

• 20240702_000112.jpg
    20240702_000112.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1
Daily Race B is inconsistent for more people than just me. I just finished my first race, P9, and I finished ahead of at least 2 A+ drivers. Doing this track in Gr.3 cars on hards just seems wrong.

Question for you guys: Why do you think PD shies away from mediums and softs so much? Do they have to pay for the used rubber or something? I mean, what possible reason could they have to avoid using tires that would make the races more fun? Aren't games supposed to be fun?

What if they made hockey players play in dress shoes instead of ice skates - would they think that would be more fun for people? I honestly have no idea why PD does the things they do. "Here, look at how much fun you could have playing our game. But not too much fun!"
I didn't know that could be an issue. I've always put them near the top, I guess - never really thought about it. I'm guessing you haven't either. 😛

Weird, I did the normal thing I do for Chapters and it's not registered for some reason, I'll see if I can fix it.

I am looking forward to watching your guides. And incredible top time at Sardegna, you totally nailed the track 1000%.

What if they made hockey players play in dress shoes instead of ice skates - would they think that would be more fun for people? I honestly have no idea why PD does the things they do. "Here, look at how much fun you could have playing our game. But not too much fun!"
Dull skates suck! (And frankly, like dull knives, kinda dangerous)

Its a good point. Not for nothing, the ability to make evasive moves with a bit more conviction, would be great. Especially, given the number of clowns these days. More viable lines.

What would be reasons for hard tires..?

-dull skates promote cautions driving?(nah)
-some sort of lap time thing?

Honestly, im at a loss. But kind of curious as to why hards are such a popular choice and softs the least.

Last edited:
Daily Race B is inconsistent for more people than just me. I just finished my first race, P9, and I finished ahead of at least 2 A+ drivers. Doing this track in Gr.3 cars on hards just seems wrong.

Question for you guys: Why do you think PD shies away from mediums and softs so much? Do they have to pay for the used rubber or something? I mean, what possible reason could they have to avoid using tires that would make the races more fun? Aren't games supposed to be fun?

I didn't know that could be an issue. I've always put them near the top, I guess - never really thought about it. I'm guessing you haven't either. 😛
The Glen is on Sport Mediums this week, very similar car control as yours. Also, penalties at The glen are frequent and more punitive than I’ve seen. The dozen races that I’ve been in so far have been much cleaner. I’m not sure if it’s a fluke, or possibly due to lack of car control or the long penalties being doled out.

Early race C.... Genuinely woke up thinking about it so I had to play 😂😂

Amazing race, started from pole. Was never more than 1 second ahead.

Finally got overtaken for the lead on lap 5 after a few attempted (clean) moves that the 2nd place backed out of, thankfully (take note, this is how to race, not just barge through at the bus stop at every opportunity!).

However towards the end of lap 6, the new leader picked up a 0.5s penalty under pressure so they ran wide, their only penalty of the race!

Lap 7 penalty zone I got past, and just about held them all off for the win. Can't remember my last daily race win but good timing from me as this was the first time in this series I haven't picked up a penalty myself.

202 races, finally my 13th win (not unlucky for me), 108 top 5s.

19071fcab8243-screenshotUrl.jpg

Clean race bonus too - 442,000 credits for 14 minutes work... Nice!

19071fd216182-screenshotUrl.jpg

0.6 seconds seperating the top 3, 2 seconds seperating the top 5, wonderfully clean driving (didn't notice anything dodgy in the mirrors).

Looks like overnight the Mazda has dominated the leaderboards so I'm going to have another go practicing with it, as the GT still gets eaten up on the straights.

The GTWS Manufacturers Cup races at Montreal this weekend are using Interlagos (Gr3, 30 laps) so this looks like another copy - though there's little chance we'd get that full race length.

I think it's just a function of there being so many Gr.3/Gr.4 races rather than a desire to be on RH specifically - RH is the default/"closest to real" tyre for those cars, so that's what they go to when they don't have something specific planned.

If Sport Mode was full of Gr.1 or Gr.2 races, we'd see RMs being overused, and if it were full of Super Formula races we'd see RS being overused for the same reason.

Doesn't this have to do with the custom slipstream? Which is exaggerated on the straights?
Almost certainly actually upon reflection. The Mazda doesn't seem much, if any quicker in a straight line on a qualifying lap. And I can't get to grips with it in the corners on a pad.

Wasn't sure on the slipstream settings tbf. Good shout bud.

I wonder what road car PD will choose for the Alsace- Test Course. I hope it's not the Samba bus, they are slow as molasses and does not make the race fun at all.

Early race C.... Genuinely woke up thinking about it so I had to play 😂😂

Amazing race, started from pole. Was never more than 1 second ahead.

Finally got overtaken for the lead on lap 5 after a few attempted (clean) moves that the 2nd place backed out of, thankfully (take note, this is how to race, not just barge through at the bus stop at every opportunity!).

However towards the end of lap 6, the new leader picked up a 0.5s penalty under pressure so they ran wide, their only penalty of the race!

Lap 7 penalty zone I got past, and just about held them all off for the win. Can't remember my last daily race win but good timing from me as this was the first time in this series I haven't picked up a penalty myself.

202 races, finally my 13th win (not unlucky for me), 108 top 5s.

View attachment 1369299

Clean race bonus too - 442,000 credits for 14 minutes work... Nice!

View attachment 1369300

0.6 seconds seperating the top 3, 2 seconds seperating the top 5, wonderfully clean driving (didn't notice anything dodgy in the mirrors).

Looks like overnight the Mazda has dominated the leaderboards so I'm going to have another go practicing with it, as the GT still gets eaten up on the straights.
I’m just curious what your qualifying time is, I’ve been racing the Ford GT also. I’ve been qualifying with TC off and have actually raced with it off but you really have to be careful.
My race times look to be ~4seconds a lap slower than yours 😬… not quite sure where in the hell Im going to gain 4 seconds.

That’s out early?

What’s it with race B at the moment, not feeling any of it
They usually do the races early when there is an update coming so I think that's why. Less stuff to go wrong nearer the update etc

I also think that's why B next week is using the recent Toyota format.

For daily B for me I just can't race Lago in a Gr3 on hards again. So I have been doing C when I race which has been considerably less than normal for the passed couple of weeks.

zjn
How do you rate Race C in terms of enjoyment and carnage?
It looks quite interesting and unusual
I've found it a really fun race and no carnage in the lobbies I've been in.

That said I have a killer QT this week so it's putting me at the sharp end so further back things might be different

zjn
How do you rate Race C in terms of enjoyment and carnage?
It looks quite interesting and unusual
For me, against B/C competition it’s been fun and carnage free. There has been bumping but it doesn’t seem malicious, more so due to the sport mediums we’re on. I prefer the longer races, my mistakes get absorbed a little easier in longer races 😎.

Last edited:
@newmedia_dev

But are the rewards that great for what it's worth? I will try some C races later in the week. It would be nice if the DR points could be doubled or tripled. That would be well worth the effort of the 7 laps.

@jfiljohn so you don't like carnage either? What is your rank in terms of DR?

@newmedia_dev

But are the rewards that great for what it's worth? I will try some C races later in the week. It would be nice if the DR points could be doubled or tripled. That would be well worth the effort of the 7 laps.

@jfiljohn so you don't like carnage either? What is your rank in terms of DR?
My SR has never dipped below an S however, my DR swings wildly from B to as low as a high D. I can compete with low B in races because I don’t make a lot of mistakes but I usually don’t have great QTs ( I’m guessing that, not making mistakes, may have something to do with slow QT).
I’ve only been doing Sport Daily races since April though and have 414 races between my 2 accounts

Retired_Sloth (Old Yeller)
Ol_Betsie (‘ol Betsie)

Last edited:
My SR has never dipped below an S however, my DR swings wildly from B to as low as a high D. I can compete with low B in races because I don’t make a lot of mistakes but I usually don’t have great QTs ( I’m guessing that, not making mistakes, may have something to do with slow QT).
I’ve only been doing Sport Daily races since April though and have 414 races between my 2 accounts

Retired_Sloth (Old Yeller)
Ol_Betsie (‘ol Betsie)
This sounds like me. Slow and steady doesn't lead to great QT. We need some proper endurance races to even the odds a bit, not all these dumb sprints.

Back