GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,871 comments
Hi everyone. I've been away on holiday for several weeks. Hope you've been having a good time racing. I saw some people posting about friend request. I will try to add some of you. You can also try to befriend me, my PSN is: allesbezetgek

It would be nice to compare my quali times to several of you GTplanet people.

Excited to see Watkin's Glen back and jumped in for some qualifying and racing today. I can run repeatable quali laps in the 1:59's, but then you still start at the back when you are in B lobbies. I ran about 5 races. My best starting and finishing position was 10th. Also finished dead last once. So it was all squabbling at the back of the field, but I was very happy to experience no dirty driving. Even at the back when people are maybe frustrated that the race is not going according to plan. Everyone let each other live. I was actually quite surprised. Maybe it was because I still had a day off and was racing during office hours.

Yes, but only to wake you up. You've been rather quiet this week...😆
Been quiet this week and most of the last as well.

Hairline fracture in my foot and could only start to drive a couple of days ago. Still cannot do more than 30 min each time though, starts to hurt! And after I drive, I usually need to take the next day off as I cannot stress the fracture by pressing against the pedals as it would take a lot longer to heal if I did ⚰️ 🚑 💉

Hairline fracture in my foot and could only start to drive a couple of days ago. Still cannot do more than 30 min each time though, starts to hurt! And after I drive, I usually need to take the next day off as I cannot stress the fracture by pressing against the pedals as it would take a lot longer to heal if I did ⚰️ 🚑 💉
This is a true story, I broke my finger quite badly (3 places) slipping on cheese savouries at a friends 30th birthday...we duct tapped it until even after a whole bottle of rum that night I had to cut the tape off.

3 surgeries later, pins in, pins out I never once stopped racing! No pain no gain!

😝

Last edited:
This is a true story, I broke my finger quite badly (3 places) slipping on cheese savouries at a friends 30th birthday...we duct tapped it until even after a whole bottle of rum that night I had to cut the tape off.

3 surgeries later, pins in, pins out I never once stopped racing! No pain no gain!

😝
That's why every man wants to be you, every woman wants to be with you 😂 I heard Chuck Norris has a picture of you in his wallet as well...

Incredible racing all round in Race C this week! I can't stress it enough. It's not been perfect but everyone seems to mutually agree how to avoid losing too much time.

I never thought I would willingly go into the bus stop three-wide EVERY RACE. There's typically been a bad egg or two with fragile egos in every race, but so far people's race craft has seen to it that their bad intentions don't go to plan. Even if there have been malicious incidents, the perp seems to often get punished adequately.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

And use a controller instead. Just like I do.😆
(When I'm driving, my feet get only stressed from resting too long on a pillow on the living room table🤭)

Last edited:
That's why every man wants to be you, every woman wants to be with you 😂 I heard Chuck Norris has a picture of you in his wallet as well...
He actually subs to my OF to be honest.

What I meant to say mate was, I can empathise it hurts literally when we hurt doing the thing we enjoy and no I didn't really race like that and a foot would be even worse as they do the most work.

Just rest it up and get well soon and get back to being a challenger in our unsactioned challenger board ❤️

Can I ask you guys a question? I know that if you get your front bumper up the inside to the opponents rear wheel as you turn in then you should yield. If the opponent overtakes on the outside where your bumper is again by his rear wheel as you turn in, should he stay wide or is the corner his?
IMHO if you are not along side mid-car OR if you are unsure if the driver knows you are there then it is wise to back off to yield the corner. For your 2nd question, if the outside car initiated the corner on the outside with the intention of coming around you on the outside then it is their responsibility to continue the pass on the outside and is not entitled to coming down to the inside corner. Just my opinion which are like AXXHXXXs, everyone has one. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Got a clean Q3/P6 today at Race C, but it was probably the most intense online race I've had in a while. I think I went three-wide with two others at one point. Got myself well above 100k credits despite my finishing position, too, so I'll definitely need to try Race C more, before it expires.

EDIT: I was also surprised to not see a single LFA in my lobby, but instead, I saw a lot of Ford GTs alongside the RX-Vision entries. Plus a couple 911s and even an F40.

Last edited:
Finally broke two minutes for a Race C QT, with a 1:59.752 in the NSX. Needs some more work. Kinda wish PD went with the more stable NA2, but no worries... time to take the plunge into some races*.

The racing was mostly clean, but that slipstream was ridiculous. It made people who had no business making passes, making passes... like me. 😅

Speaking of ridiculous: I often found myself behind cars that went off track multiple times without a penalty, but if I so much as breathed on a barrier, I'd have to eat 1.5 seconds. 😤

Race 1: Started P11. Went wide at Turn 1 on the first lap to avoid wrecking a Diablo. It was all downhill from there. Finished a lonely P14 (last, after DNFs).

Race 2: Started P10. Bonked a Ford GT harder than I thought and ate a 4.0 second penalty. Finished P10.

Race 3: Started P12. Got murdered by a Ford GT that someone pinballed off the barriers at The Boot. Finished P14.

Race 4: Started P11. Was going well until Turn 10 on the last lap, when a slow Mazda, an opportunistic LFA, and an F40 in the right place at the right time cost me a better finish. Not happy with my P10.

Race 5: Started P8. Got frustrated trying to pass a slow Mazda on the last lap, so I oversteered out of Turn 7 and into the barriers, like a moron. Limped home to finish P13 (last, after DNFs).

Race 6: Started P11. Slow traffic going up the back straight on the first lap. Got pushed wide going into Turn 6 by an F40. Not satisfied with my recovery to a P10, despite finishing higher than I started.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

giphy.webp

IMHO if you are not along side mid-car OR if you are unsure if the driver knows you are there then it is wise to back off to yield the corner. For your 2nd question, if the outside car initiated the corner on the outside with the intention of coming around you on the outside then it is their responsibility to continue the pass on the outside and is not entitled to coming down to the inside corner. Just my opinion which are like AXXHXXXs, everyone has one. Anyone else have any thoughts?
My only opinion is as long as you continue to hold the inside line and don't drive wide closing them out it's all good.

Where I don't like this is going round the outer line and the inside car continues to take the line....that isn't there because I'm there....

While opinions are like elbows racing etiquette is fairly clear cut.

Can I ask you guys a question? I know that if you get your front bumper up the inside to the opponents rear wheel as you turn in then you should yield. If the opponent overtakes on the outside where your bumper is again by his rear wheel as you turn in, should he stay wide or is the corner his?
I think you hold your line and make them work for it.
If Im racing with The Guys in a friendly clean lobby I would tend to back out but in most of the public lobbies, you'll get punked all day if you make it easy. Im pretty predictable, I hold a line and don't block but, if you want to pass on a corner, you better be faster (or slower). It sounds like you're mainly talking about slow passes that may not be there.

Finally broke two minutes for a Race C QT, with a 1:59.752 in the NSX. Needs some more work. Kinda wish PD went with the more stable NA2, but no worries... time to take the plunge into some races*.

The racing was mostly clean, but that slipstream was ridiculous. It made people who had no business making passes, making passes... like me. 😅

Speaking of ridiculous: I often found myself behind cars that went off track multiple times without a penalty, but if I so much as breathed on a barrier, I'd have to eat 1.5 seconds. 😤

Race 1: Started P11. Went wide at Turn 1 on the first lap to avoid wrecking a Diablo. It was all downhill from there. Finished a lonely P14 (last, after DNFs).

Race 2: Started P10. Bonked a Ford GT harder than I thought and ate a 4.0 second penalty. Finished P10.

Race 3: Started P12. Got murdered by a Ford GT that someone pinballed off the barriers at The Boot. Finished P14.

Race 4: Started P11. Was going well until Turn 10 on the last lap, when a slow Mazda, an opportunistic LFA, and an F40 in the right place at the right time cost me a better finish. Not happy with my P10.

Race 5: Started P8. Got frustrated trying to pass a slow Mazda on the last lap, so I oversteered out of Turn 7 and into the barriers, like a moron. Limped home to finish P13 (last, after DNFs).

Race 6: Started P11. Slow traffic going up the back straight on the first lap. Got pushed wide going into Turn 6 by an F40. Not satisfied with my recovery to a P10, despite finishing higher than I started.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

giphy.webp
Sounds exactly like my racing day yesterday! My quali time is comparable to yours, and I'm also fighting at the back. My highest track position was 5th. What lap time can you achieve during the race? Due to making mistakes (track limits!) or having to take avoiding actions I mostly ran 2:02 or 2:03. A full 3 seconds slower than qualifying. That doesn't get you to the front of the field. At rare occasions I drove a 2:00 minutes lap (and saw that at that point I was catching the drivers in front).

Last edited:
😲 what was the -2000+ points for????

Hanging out in race C tonight. Started p1 and got sent into the shadow realm on t1, reentered in last place, made it all the way back to p4 and again got punted into the barrier on the last lap. Finished last. My A+ is now probably a weeks worth of good racing from getting back

Last edited:

I’m right there with you. Mine happened a few weeks ago and I’ve been too busy doing other things in the game to get back and try to bring it back up.

Hopefully your luck changes and you get some good races with fewer punters!
GLHF

🏁🏁

Edit: BTW you should try the non beta version of kudos so it still tracks points in A+
It’s my preference.

Last edited:
He actually subs to my OF to be honest.

What I meant to say mate was, I can empathise it hurts literally when we hurt doing the thing we enjoy and no I didn't really race like that and a foot would be even worse as they do the most work.

Just rest it up and get well soon and get back to being a challenger in our unsactioned challenger board ❤️
Your unkind words towards those who are not as lucky as you to be fully able-bodied, just like me, has awoken something inside of me... My current global rank may give you a clue as to what, lol 😂 That being said, I will not rest until I avenge my people and move you off your perch! Or until my foot gives in! 🤪

Going well so far after a few tweaks to the wheel settings... Optimum is close to you as well. At least I managed to overtake that schitzo guy who thinks he may or may not be you! 😜

1720192597558.jpeg
1720192604119.jpeg

1720192613727.jpeg

** UPDATE **

My foot gave in! 😂 You live another day at the top @newmedia_dev ! At least, no challenge will be coming from me until tomorrow. On a serious note, I followed then ghost of the fastest Ford GT right now (I think somewhere between P20 and P40 in the leaderboard) and I am sorry but....

... There has to be an exploit or something! The chicane as soon as Sector 1 ends... I am sorry but there is no way in hell any car, especially an American muscle car from almost 20 years ago can switch directions that way! I am literally slightly ahead of him in my recent laps, ending the sector at 00:24:2xx now that I found my the best way around T1.

I brake at the 100m mark, downshift to 4th gear and enter the first part of the chicane at half-throttle before flooring it as I head into the exit of the entire thing. Not only do I lose my advantage but he is now over a second ahead as we take the next, long right-hander! No way, watch the replay for the chicane! No way a car can do that at those angles and at the speed he is carrying!

Last edited:
Sounds exactly like my racing day yesterday! My quali time is comparable to yours, and I'm also fighting at the back. My highest track position was 5th. What lap time can you achieve during the race? Due to making mistakes (track limits!) or having to take avoiding actions I mostly ran 2:02 or 2:03. A full 3 seconds slower than qualifying. That doesn't get you to the front of the field. At rare occasions I drove a 2:00 minutes lap (and saw that at that point I was catching the drivers in front).
I'm in a similar situation, with my race pace being a good bit slower than my qualifying times. In clean air at The Glen, I was running mid 2:01s, with rare bumps up to mid 2:02s, and dips down to mid 2:00s.

I could save myself a lot of headaches by picking a faster car, but don't wanna. 😅

On a serious note, I followed then ghost of the fastest Ford GT right now (I think somewhere between P20 and P40 in the leaderboard) and I am sorry but....

... There has to be an exploit or something! The chicane as soon as Sector 1 ends... I am sorry but there is no way in hell any car, especially an American muscle car from almost 20 years ago can switch directions that way! I am literally slightly ahead of him in my recent laps, ending the sector at 00:24:2xx now that I found my the best way around T1.

I brake at the 100m mark, downshift to 4th gear and enter the first part of the chicane at half-throttle before flooring it as I head into the exit of the entire thing. Not only do I lose my advantage but he is now over a second ahead as we take the next, long right-hander! No way, watch the replay for the chicane! No way a car can do that at those angles and at the speed he is carrying!

This! Yes! I'm fighting this exact battle lol. Braking at 100m seems way to late though. Brake at 200, keep it in 5th, aim at the corner and drop into 4th as you hit the apex and try and keep it stable enough to hit the gas right after you turn left into the next apex and line up for a full throttle exit

I literally followed VQS Drifter who was the fastest (top 10 GT) and couldn't see anything weird going on, just that I'm slower fractionally in some places 🤷‍♂️
I'm not interested in having a conversation with you 😂 😜
Personally, I knew it was only a matter of time before he admitted to being possessed by an alien.

1720200215083.png

I'm not interested in having a conversation with you 😂 😜

First it was someone dropping an engine on your foot, now it's you are driving the 1960s GT40 and the rest of us are using a semi modern 2010-ish car. 🤣

Yes you will, when you are gloating 🤣

Edit:

I've just done a few laps in that god awful Mazda vision RX thing

* top tip: those protective water butts at the pit entry aren't filled with water, my guess is marble or granite.....

And in 3 laps and one almighty crash

IMG_0585.jpeg

Last edited:
I admit I haven't done much racing recently, but had a dabble with the Focus races and they're mental. 5 races, managed all top 5s and 2 wins to boot, would have been a third if I hadn't been clonked. I'll pop some replays up tomorrow, my PS5 overheated again. Cmon Sony announce the Pro so I can upgrade.

Back