GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,126 comments
Unmotivated to race, so I put down some final QTs before the new set of daily races.

Race A: 1:30.874, to a 1:26.798 (3660th)

Race B: 1:14.849, to a 1:14.842 (6255th, in the NSX Gr4) 😅

Race C: 1:27.957, to a 1:26.925 yesterday, and a 1:26.645 today (14,419th, in the NSX Gr.3)

My global rankings will likely change before tomorrow, but I'm mostly pleased with my improvements.

Last edited:
Unmotivated to race, so I put down some final QTs before the new set of daily races.

Race A: 1:30.874, to a 1:26.798 (3660th)

Race B: 1:14.849, to a 1:14.842 (6255th, in the NSX Gr4) 😅

Race C: 1:27.957, to a 1:26.925 yesterday, and a 1:26.645 today (14,419th, in the NSX Gr.3)

My global rankings will likely change before tomorrow, but I'm mostly pleased with my improvements.
Good job mate, keep going!

Quiet week for me, I attempted 1 race b and was absolutely shafted on lap 1 by another Spanish lunatic. I set a poor QT time for race C and tried 2 races. Pure disaster, started 13th and finished 13th in the first race. Second race I started 14th and had made it up to 8th when the guys in front had a get together and I had nowhere to go, I ended up collecting a 4 second penalty through no fault of my own. I turned of gt7 and went back to GTA, that was cleaner 🤣🤣🤣 obviously my A has now gone back to B but I'm living in hope that the new set of dailies will be more kind 🤞
Absolutely my experience although I set a wall riding time, C I have zero pace (relative to my pace peers) so did my manu race and a few races across my accounts but not a week I had fun, but a lot have which is cool as they don't usually get races they like.

Will have to love and leave you all now as I'm away so will miss spa and Atlanta 😔

Have fun and go fast racers! See you on the other side

You know since the C races are longer and you have to pit, they should double the value of DR/SR, because there is more concentration and work involved in those types of races. Normally, I just refuel and don't mess with the tires unless it's an emergency.
And to those who don't know, but not pitting results in a 1 minute penalty, so make time to do it.
You'd be better off changing the tyres than refuelling - I can't remember the last time we had a Daily with the need for refuelling!

Absolutely my experience although I set a wall riding time, C I have zero pace (relative to my pace peers) so did my manu race and a few races across my accounts but not a week I had fun, but a lot have which is cool as they don't usually get races they like.

Will have to love and leave you all now as I'm away so will miss spa and Atlanta 😔

Have fun and go fast racers! See you on the other side
I didn't see the next set but I love spa...fingers crossed

I guess the Spa track is okay. I just have to get used to the layout and texture of it. I have all gold except the full lap for the CE, so I'm familiar with all the sections of the track.

Spa B

Atlanta C

Tskuba if A is your thing.

Moving to VR will be fun and a learning curve. Speak to Kriptical or Normsk. If you are at the sharp end speak to DJ olive or some others on the time trial thread.

Actual Dan Tes is VR now I believe? They can help you transition. It's a better experience but takes a re think on going fast.

At least Tsukuba is a small compact track where you can maybe get a pole time or even get a fast QT depending on what settings you use and you have to watch the last two obstacles. The one before the finish line is a hit or miss. I learned from experience for almost 3-4 years. And the A races are SR friendly.

Lol, I have my fingers crossed that I can get at least 2-3 wins this week, that's the goal. And maybe get 10 top 5 finishes.

Last edited:
Spa B

Atlanta C

Tskuba if A is your thing.

Moving to VR will be fun and a learning curve. Speak to Kriptical or Normsk. If you are at the sharp end speak to DJ olive or some others on the time trial thread.

Actual Dan Tes is VR now I believe? They can help you transition. It's a better experience but takes a re think on going fast.
Looking forward to it, I'm collecting the vr setup in the morning so it will take a few hours to get used to it obviously

You'd be better off changing the tyres than refuelling - I can't remember the last time we had a Daily with the need for refuelling!
Oh really, well then I'll follow your advice and method then, the fuel map also says that I can run up to 50-80 laps with the fuel I have which is weird. In the normal campaign races the fuel map does not say that.

I bet @GrumpyOldMan is excited about racing at Spa again. This will be the 3rd or 4th time since it was featured in the B slot since 2024 began.

Last edited:
Race B - what a mess. always managed to pick up positions by staying out of trouble.

Race C - Mixed Bag. Some really good races. Improved qualifying steadily over the weekend and race pace was consistent.

Ended up with 3 x 3rds. Nearly a 2nd, but I avoided crashing into 3rd (who stayed on same set of tires) on the last corner when they 1/2 spun.

Other than races I got punted I improved my finish place. Last one was really agro. I passed them is they were spinning out of a corner then they punted me 3 times, waited after each one to punt me again. GRRRRR

Frustration is others who drive like you're not there, not giving space, turning into you or drifting out when you have the outside line.

How many races did most of you have to get your first win? I'm 100 deep and haven't even got a 2nd yet.

For me this C event at Deep Forest has been one of the best & most enjoyable weeks in a long time. The soft tyres have helped immensely. Not looking forward to using the hards again. I know they’re the closest to real life but this is a game, let’s treat it like one.

Decided to switch up my usual strategy for the final race of the week and pit lap 1 instead. Was starting further back in the pack as I’m in B/C lobbies now. Managed to find some space and good pace, cleared nearly all the cars ahead as they pitted. One Porsche BMW was 5 secs back on lap 7 and relentlessly hunted me down on fresh rubber. It went right to the wire:

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

Not sure I’ll race with the AMG next week if it’s a Spa sprint as expected. Think I might reserve this account for races of a reasonable length. Might be time to bring out the Ford GT Race Spec on the main account.

Last edited:
Frustration is others who drive like you're not there, not giving space, turning into you or drifting out when you have the outside line.
Once you know how those people race just focus on not being in those positions that they can do that.

Its ok to be faster than them but sensibly not force the issue.

It's also ok to use that against them. Defensive driving. Look like you are going to go round the outside. Brake hard, let off and turn in to the apex late and go go go.

The main thing is to judge the other racers behaviour and work on being comfortable reacting to that.

It takes time to learn what car control really is in GT but once you get it you will make lots of hay. There are rough days and weeks sometimes but you need to be comfortable putting the car where you want it.

Or you could Maxpower it and go backward round the outside 🤣

What is wall riding
Using a certain corner to maximise the speed through it by not braking as much, making contact with the wall but able to carry more speed just hitting the wall rather than taking the corner.
Tomato, tommmmato

Its part of the game that PD gave us in this combo.

Do I like it...massively NO.

Am I going to lose sleep over doing it for my QT No.

It is what it is, and all the best will in the world didn't change that for a whole week while they knew it was going on.

So is it cheating? It's literally in the game they made and seemed happy with. Is it morally right? I don't know it's a game which is an escape from reality in the first place.

Should it be allowed to happen, absolutely not.

As I said several pages ago these are not FIA rules so it seems odd this race wasn't fixed and times reset.

Using a certain corner to maximise the speed through it by not braking as much, making contact with the wall but able to carry more speed just hitting the wall rather than taking the corner.

Tomato, tommmmato

Its part of the game that PD gave us in this combo.

Do I like it...massively NO.

Am I going to lose sleep over doing it for my QT No.

It is what it is, and all the best will in the world didn't change that for a whole week while they knew it was going on.

So is it cheating? It's literally in the game they made and seemed happy with. Is it morally right? I don't know it's a game which is an escape from reality in the first place.

Should it be allowed to happen, absolutely not.

As I said several pages ago these are not FIA rules so it seems odd this race wasn't fixed and times reset.
Before I opted out of the week, I ran a few races on Monday. I ran “the racing line” for 3 races in the Veyron and couldn’t figure out how I could be so far back. I couldn’t draft because there was nobody to draft on the racing line, they were all on the wall, I thought they were all idiots, it turns out the idiot was driving on the line 🤷🏻‍♂️

Before I opted out of the week, I ran a few races on Monday. I ran “the racing line” for 3 races in the Veyron and couldn’t figure out how I could be so far back. I couldn’t draft because there was nobody to draft on the racing line, they were all on the wall, I thought they were all idiots, it turns out the idiot was driving on the line 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah, and to be 100% transparent the actual fast line is being as close to the wall as you can.

Its a bit of a weird corner in that you don't take the apex you ride the high line on the green stuff because of the banking.

Trying to drive it tight is too slow, going fast might mean you clip the wall. It's a NASCAR type of race "cheating" excluded. The thing with the "cheating" is that penalties are still on.

Even off the line it's a 5th gear full throttle corner on the wide line.

If you haven't done it I'd recommend the circuit experience here as it shows you how fast line are not always tight to the apex.

This CE helps a lot with Laguna seca and the corkscrew and the subsequent left hander

Last edited:
Had a good session today doing the Daily Race C at Deep Forest. Just hopped on to gie it a go and it worked out pretty well, this time I chose to use the 911 RSR and that was good car to get going in.

Started at 12th with my quaifying time, Race was tense with a few bad incidents, I pitted at lap 6 and gained some more time back over the course of the race, after to finish 6th, helps my rank uch and gets me ready for Round 3 of MCWS.

Also after all 4 cars crossed the finishing line, that blue and red porsche did a wierd netlag bunny hop, was so strange but funny nonetheless.

ENJOY the pics!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240721222029.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721221940.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721221623.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721221650.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721221906.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721220513.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721212022.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721212040.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721212055.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721210115.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721210107.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240721210005.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to it, I'm collecting the vr setup in the morning so it will take a few hours to get used to it obviously
One bit of advise, do short stints then take off the headset, you’ll need to build a tolerance. I did 15 on/off, then 30/30.
Go slow, it might take a couple of days to get used to. As soon as you feel slightly queezy have a break.

Well, good luck everyone this week. I'm going to get ready for bed. I'm gonna do several more races at Tokyo and HSR and that's gonna be it for tonight. I hope there won't be a lot of carnage this week. Good luck.
I didn't even improve anymore on my lap times. I thought mine was sufficient enough on each track.

@ZEE cool race photos!!

Last edited:
Lol, I got a second wind, I'm still up. I've been up since Saturday night at around 10pm. Well they chose the Yaris for the A races. I thought someone said a Volvo car would be featured. Well they were wrong. My first lap was 1'06.403. I'm rank 187, but I'm sure that will change soon.

@MOPARbarrett5 Would you mind sharing your replay so I can piece together what sections I'm losing time the most?

EDIT: After 3 more laps, clocked in a 1'06.022; that's my best record so far. I have TCS set at 1 and the car is sliding like crazy, it's hard to control through most of the turns and corners.

@MOPARbarrett5 You read my mind. Did you use the wheel?

Lol, I got a second wind, I'm still up. I've been up since Saturday night at around 10pm. Well they chose the Yaris for the A races. I thought someone said a Volvo car would be featured. Well they were wrong. My first lap was 1'06.403. I'm rank 187, but I'm sure that will change soon.

@MOPARbarrett5 Would you mind sharing your replay so I can piece together what sections I'm losing time the most?

EDIT: After 3 more laps, clocked in a 1'06.022; that's my best record so far. I have TCS set at 1 and the car is sliding like crazy, it's hard to control through most of the turns and corners.

@MOPARbarrett5 You read my mind. Did you use the wheel?
No, I always use the PS4 controller.

Latest Posts

Back