GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,131 comments
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Keeping It Real

Along with all the other things players can look forward to in Gran Turismo 7 this week, there’s a new set of Daily Races available now and taking in three of the game’s real-world courses...
Something seems off about this post Famine, colour me confused.

Has anyone else noticed a major differences in tires after the pitstop on race C? I can run mid 1:26's on my first stint and after the pitsop I can't stop understeering. I can barely hit high 1:27's.

I'm racing the 911.

I think the tyres were only just coming in, I was running the old nsx and would usually pit at the end of lap 1 or the start of lap 12 depending how the race was going, worked out real well tbh

Last edited:
Here's this weeks race guide where I do crash for those that like seeing that haha! I was amazed at how good Race A was in this particular one!

Thank you @Tidgney for this - as we thank you every week (or we should!)

I have a thought on why they chose these three very common tracks: the physics change drops on the 25th.

Why is that significant? This means folks who have been driving a familiar course for the week can test the new physics model on a familiar track with a familiar combo. This (in theory) should make it easier to adjust to the updated physics.

If PD were to have a unique or very unusual combo (Blue Moon Bay Layout B reverse w/ Gr. B cars for example) it would be too much "whiplash" in the middle of the week.

Granted, that's just my opinion. I may be wrong.

Oh, and one last thought - a way to do a "VR" view without actually using VR. Just as when you display the follow cam when you display a marker, you could also show the driver's view. While not perfect, I believe it would work!

Again, just a thought.

:)

Thank you @Tidgney for this - as we thank you every week (or we should!)

I have a thought on why they chose these three very common tracks: the physics change drops on the 25th.

Why is that significant? This means folks who have been driving a familiar course for the week can test the new physics model on a familiar track with a familiar combo. This (in theory) should make it easier to adjust to the updated physics.

If PD were to have a unique or very unusual combo (Blue Moon Bay Layout B reverse w/ Gr. B cars for example) it would be too much "whiplash" in the middle of the week.

Granted, that's just my opinion. I may be wrong.

Oh, and one last thought - a way to do a "VR" view without actually using VR. Just as when you display the follow cam when you display a marker, you could also show the driver's view. While not perfect, I believe it would work!

Again, just a thought.

:)
It's a very good assumption to be honest and could well be that. No worries at all with the guide :cheers: , it's something I enjoy making so glad everyone enjoys it. I'm off this week so have a few updates to it I want to do in preperation for next week and the future!

Haven’t been on the game much because basement vs summer? Summer wins.

But gr4 at RA has me interested but I need to get my NormskVR account up to menu book 9 so I can start over in VR.

I’m not fast enough in VR yet to race on my main accounts but really like the VR view now so starting over at DR E at RA seems like the right start.

RA was my very first ever sport race way back in February 2023. I was terrible at it. That seems like a long time ago now. 😁

Edit: Speaking of RA (Road Atlanta) why can’t GT also do Road America? Arguably much better than Road Atlanta and one of the best tracks in the country. Also my home track (just up the road from me). Rant over.

Last edited:
It's a very good assumption to be honest and could well be that. No worries at all with the guide :cheers: , it's something I enjoy making so glad everyone enjoys it. I'm off this week so have a few updates to it I want to do in preperation for next week and the future!
Great guide as always man!! Keep up the progress, you're like a driving tutor for most of us that get stuck in the game.

Holy ****...PSVR 2 is actually mind blowing 😵‍💫😵‍💫. It's the most bizarre feeling for the first few minutes ( I spent the first 10 minutes admiring the inside of my porsche 🤣🤣). I am very slow with it , I could only manage a 2:22 at Spa earlier and I am too afraid to chance a race yet. My only criticism is that the sound is poor through the ear buds and I am not sure I can raise the volume up on it. Will give it another go in a while and see can I get a bit quicker 😉

Holy ****...PSVR 2 is actually mind blowing 😵‍💫😵‍💫. It's the most bizarre feeling for the first few minutes ( I spent the first 10 minutes admiring the inside of my porsche 🤣🤣).
Welcome to the PSVR2 world! You will find a bunch of tips here in the GT7 & PSVR2 thread; we're a jolly bunch.

As you take your time and get adjusted, you will most likely be even better in daily races just due to the awareness of the car relative to the road. Granted, your mileage may vary.

Have fun exploring the game in VR!

My only criticism is that the sound is poor through the ear buds and I am not sure I can raise the volume up on it.
I’m really surprised at this. I thought the sound was awesome. To me it really sounds like the car is rattling around you with the engine screaming behind.

But then my prior tv speakers were pretty pathetic.

Oh you can adjust headphone volume in VR settings.

Last edited:
Holy ****...PSVR 2 is actually mind blowing 😵‍💫😵‍💫. It's the most bizarre feeling for the first few minutes ( I spent the first 10 minutes admiring the inside of my porsche 🤣🤣). I am very slow with it , I could only manage a 2:22 at Spa earlier and I am too afraid to chance a race yet. My only criticism is that the sound is poor through the ear buds and I am not sure I can raise the volume up on it. Will give it another go in a while and see can I get a bit quicker 😉
If I want to have a lot of fun, I use the 3D PS headphones, absolutely amazing. But I usually use the VR headphones or just the TV speakers if I want to hear something else.

@tazzy Unfortunately, I won't be back home until Friday, so we can't compare our times until then.

Welcome to the PSVR2 world! You will find a bunch of tips here in the GT7 & PSVR2 thread; we're a jolly bunch.

As you take your time and get adjusted, you will most likely be even better in daily races just due to the awareness of the car relative to the road. Granted, your mileage may vary.

Have fun exploring the game in VR!
oh, i did‘nt see the thread before and now i have a lot to read.

My only criticism is that the sound is poor through the ear buds and I am not sure I can raise the volume up on it. Will give it another go in a while and see can I get a bit quicker 😉
Sorry I didn't chime in on this.

The earbuds that come with the PSVR2 are actually very good but it depends greatly on getting a good seal in your ear. As with any set of earbuds, bass and outside noise can diminish the sound quality.

Also as @TheNormsk pointed out, you can adjust the volume of the VR2 earbuds. Just click on your PS button (just as you would if you were shutting down the game) and navigate to the little speaker. Click on that and you can adjust your volume. That especially comes in handy if you sometimes watch YouTube on your PSVR2 unit.
oh, i did‘nt see the thread before and now i have a lot to read.
xD

Sorry about that - however you can always skip through the many pages and/or use the search feature.

Enjoy!

Haven’t been on the game much because basement vs summer? Summer wins.

But gr4 at RA has me interested but I need to get my NormskVR account up to menu book 9 so I can start over in VR.

I’m not fast enough in VR yet to race on my main accounts but really like the VR view now so starting over at DR E at RA seems like the right start.

RA was my very first ever sport race way back in February 2023. I was terrible at it. That seems like a long time ago now. 😁

Edit: Speaking of RA (Road Atlanta) why can’t GT also do Road America? Arguably much better than Road Atlanta and one of the best tracks in the country. Also my home track (just up the road from me). Rant over.

Said this a hundred times, road America is an amazing track and would suit gr3 cars perfectly so don’t know why it hasn’t been added unless there is some licensing/ laser scanning/ or other boring excuse not to add it 🤣

Just did a few laps, got a 1.23.8, just 1.45% off the best lap (so far) .... I love this track so so much aside from the pit entry. I love the Vantage, it's my best friend in this game so I'm glad it seems to be one of the two meta cars!!!

Might do a race after dinner. As per the above posts, this will be a really interesting test to see what happens after the update.

190dbaf620e22-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did the usual dozen or so recon laps for the new dailies. Kinda fun? New physics now, please.

Race A: 1:04.642 Been a while since I used the GR Yaris. Forgot about its weird mix of slidey fun into corners, and its crippling understeer out of them.

Race B: 2:21.674 in the NSX Gr.3 My left foot kept herping into braking zones, and my right foot kept derping out of low speed corners.

Race C: 1:25.876 in the NSX Gr.4 Feels planted. Just need to carry more speed con huevos.

Said this a hundred times, road America is an amazing track and would suit gr3 cars perfectly so don’t know why it hasn’t been added unless there is some licensing/ laser scanning/ or other boring excuse not to add it 🤣
Road America is in Automobilista2 and iRacing but not AC or ACC. It also has the Fanatec GT World Challenge races in August that I plan on going to. Should be fun to see real GT cars racing even though I don’t know the drivers.

Go deep!
Farther you go, the better they sound.

@ElectricNaz Nice to meet you on track, I really should have shut the door after passing you at the chicane. Well done, it was a great battle.

View attachment 1374631
Thanks bud, pleasure to race against you properly as opposed to just the timing screens! It was a lovely little sequence from the back straight with you looming large in the mirror through to turn one! I sacrificed the chicane to get a good run out and it worked, just!

Tried it again just now in the next race, gave it too many beans on the exit of the chicane and ended up spinning out, finished 15th 😂😂

Last edited:
I’ve done 2 races at Spa today and both times the guy 2 car lengths behind me teleported thru me, to 2 car lengths in front of me going up the hill right after the start of the race. ???

Asked the guy after the second race if it was a bug and he responded with just a “yes”.

First races I started 4th, second race 5th, both in the Renault meta.

Wasn’t a big deal as both were faster than me and would have gotten around me anyways but it’s a bit un nerving not knowing if it’s gonna happen again.

Go deep!
Farther you go, the better they sound.
I got it sorted through the settings, much better now. 👍
I decided to chance Race A as my first race in VR, it was comical...I couldn't stop laughing at how mad it actually is, my wife found it amusing listening to me.
Anyway, the race was an utter disaster as my brain just wasnt really ready for the chaos and by lap 4 I was sweating and ready to get sick 😅😅😅😅. I will just do a bit at a time and try again when I'm a bit more used to it.
I must say though that earlier I was playing around at spa and taking Eau Rouge at high speed in vr is just epic 😎

I decided to chance Race A as my first race in VR, it was comical...I couldn't stop laughing at how mad it actually is, my wife found it amusing listening to me.
Anyway, the race was an utter disaster as my brain just wasnt really ready for the chaos and by lap 4 I was sweating and ready to get sick 😅😅😅😅. I will just do a bit at a time and try again when I'm a bit more used to it.
I must say though that earlier I was playing around at spa and taking Eau Rouge at high speed in vr is just epic 😎
You should have tried the Ford LM at Deep Forest last week! That was terrifying. You take the headset off and come out looking like
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

I've only done a couple of races in the last few weeks, my motivation for the combos has been really low. That's a me problem, but I am hoping the upcoming update gives the game some freshness.

Anyhoo, this week looks okay. I will have a go at Race C later this week when weekend comes around.

Tonight though I jumped into Race A. My initial interest in motorsport came from a love of rallying, so the GR Yaris has always interested me. I can't afford one, but I have always wanted to take one out for spin in real life. I would be interested to know if any GT planet members have any real life experience in one, because the iteration in the game is well... interesting? It just feels weird to me.

Back on topic... Race A is fun. Biggest penalty I have witnessed is 7 seconds so far, which is impressive. Not had to many good results but Tsukuba is always fun, one of the tracks I dont mind being overused.

I cant remember the last time I did a Race B, and RH tires around Spa just doesnt grab me.

Last edited:
Road America is in Automobilista2 and iRacing but not AC or ACC. It also has the Fanatec GT World Challenge races in August that I plan on going to. Should be fun to see real GT cars racing even though I don’t know the drivers.
It’s also in Forza.

PD may just be prioritising their original tracks at the moment. Makes sense, no licence fees. Could be a while before we get another real circuit.

Your a nutbagger trying a race so soon 😂

If you have Spotify, or apple music, having some tunes on, helps. And its fun. You can adjust volume on the player, so hearing gears and tire chirps, is np.

What a relief being back at Spa. I did my normal 1st race throw-away race just to see what kind of QT I needed, then I spent the rest of the morning qualifying.
By 1:00 PST I was ready to race and qualifying got me 2nd on the grid with a 3rd and a 2nd place finish.

I reviewed the race replays and it was pretty crazy behind me. It looked like guys were trying to use the entire width of the track as if they were qualifying on an empty track, that doesn’t work well when it’s 2-3 wide. Lots-o wrecks. It looks like it’s a MUST to be up front here.

…unfortunately, after the successes above, I got moved to B lobbies, I am no longer qualifying 2nd or finishing 3rd. A win now looks like anything that gets me a gain in DR which was a 7th 🤷🏻‍♂️. Small victories I guess.

Last edited:
It feels good to be back at Road Atlanta this week. I'm currently in the Huracan and have a time of 1:24.8XX with another 2 tenths of a second according to the optimal time. I tried the Vantage but was half a second slower in it. I'll try the Jaguar tomorrow and see if it's better for me to drive.

Wow, I missed a lot of great posts this late afternoon. It's so good seeing everyone having fun out there.

@ElectricNaz your rank must be at an A or B, cause you raced with @MetalApe.

@Stilva so how did you like the new selection of tracks? I love driving the Yaris. It does slide quite a bit, but I can manage it.

@Jflijohn Well I'm back at square one. My DR and SR is back to 0. My last few races at HSR, I finished 7th-13th. So I had no top 5 finishes.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back