GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,158 comments
A lot of the community would be perfectly happy to just race Gr3 every week for all 3 dailies.

I’d like the choice of car in the dailies, if you could do gr3 or 4 per track, I’m sure there’d be enough ppl prepare to slog out in either class,all week. I’d stick to gr4 personally but it’s all track/car/tyre/dependant, but I’m race b only so I’d like a choice within my choice 😆

There’s some real gem combinations out there; deep forest reverse, grand valley south reverse, TM reverse, suzuka, kyami, to be had in gr4

Should be tuning and medium tyres (as long as I can find the setups 👍🏻) in gr3/4, let’s hope these changes in physics is a prelude to this

Man these 4 lap races really do bring out the worst in people early in the week.

It will calm down but jeeeezzz.

Edit:

@brockie or multi class racing with 2 grids of 15/16 each...

There’s definitely different ways to deliver racing and the ideas are out there 😝 I still bang on about the mini Alsace short reverse race from when gt7 first came out, i ran a tune from mistaMCA and it was an excellent week, but you can’t please everyone no? 😆

There’s definitely different ways to deliver racing and the ideas are out there 😝 I still bang on about the mini Alsace short reverse race from when gt7 first came out, i ran a tune from mistaMCA and it was an excellent week, but you can’t please everyone no? 😆
The only thing with tuning races are they do favour the best tuners not the best racers.

I would love and I bang on about it more single make junior/rookie cup races for A and longer ones occasionally for B

If you want to pay homage to the racing on track then why not go grass roots up to the top classes.

On paper there is nothing wrong with the daily A this week....in reality all of the lucky owners of the 8c are dead now. Based on the handling of the car in the game.

I find it an absolute joke that the persist with putting road cars on ropey remoulds. You can't tell me pilot sport cup tyres, or PZero road and track are that bad.

Have no idea about the Gr4/3 tyres as I've never driven them but I have driven a radical on racing softs (Caribbean championship car) and there is a massive disconnect both in us as players abusing the cars speed wise but really also with just the handling and grip.

I'm not doing anymore qualifying or racing at Bathhurst, it is way to chaotic. That downhill part is a real lap-killer, I'm sure it pisses some aliens off whenever they are running a good lap and then all of a sudden they go too fast and hit slam into the wall or spin out.

I'm not doing anymore qualifying or racing at Bathhurst, it is way to chaotic. That downhill part is a real lap-killer, I'm sure it pisses some aliens off whenever they are running a good lap and then all of a sudden they go too fast and hit slam into the wall or spin out.
I'm a D driver on the downhill section of Bathhurst. The rest of the track, I'm about a C-. :lol:

Last edited:
Hmm, 1.49 making the rear get pretty light in downhill braking zones.

Race A: 0:52.213 Nope, didn't like that one bit. 😤

Race B: 1:54.947 in the NSX Gr.3 Race is too short. Will be avoiding.

Race C: 2:06.697 in the NSX Gr.3 Did a lot of online GT500 lobbies at Mount Panorama with the NSX and HSV back in GT6. Struggled every time. Not much better here. The entry into Skyline and The Esses feels even more treacherous than I remember. Oh... I see that I haven't done the Circuit Experience yet. 😬

Well I loathe the track, it deserves an F-. I guess I'll have to switch to TM and Maggiore. I'm doing well at the A races, my lap time is 0'51.555. I will post the video tomorrow and let you guys take a look.

I find it an absolute joke that the persist with putting road cars on ropey remoulds. You can't tell me pilot sport cup tyres, or PZero road and track are that bad.
This, exactly! The road car
tires in this game have no grip. I’ve done a lot of track days with road cars on sticky rubber (like R comps) and they’re much grippier than in the game (for example, done many laps at Streets of Willow and Horse Thief Mile irl and in the game and it’s night and day).

Last edited:
Forget about DR/SR daily b is a great training ground in patience and using alternate lines.

It helps massively with race craft. Bathurst is a bit of a lottery when you are pushing.

Just bear that in mind.
Maybe. I guess we can take bets on what happens first if I do: My hair turning gray, or falling out completely. 😶

Maybe. I guess we can take bets on what happens first if I do: My hair turning gray, or falling out completely. 😶
Hey, go in with no expectations and use it as practice. It's a good way to learn to race better at TM you'll see the best and worst of people.

Seriously it helps you race better racing this track. Bathurst is a chaos mountain and mountain exit sprint. It's not racing if you can't overtake

I've tried two races today.
I finished 10th at both B & C. About to try race A. If I can't do better than 10th, I'm going to play GTA online. :D
Well, do whatever you have to do, :)
Good luck for whatever path you choose!

Last edited:
A lot of the community would be perfectly happy to just race Gr3 every week for all 3 dailies.
I get that but this is a game that has a vast variety of cars. They go to so much time and effort to recreate these cars so lets get them in front of people. We had 6 cars released last week plus a new track. Go to Sport mode and you would not know it. Yes these cars can be used in single player modes but how about having those races in the sport rotation?. PD can put a selection of cars available to choose that are roughly balanced.

GT has a fairly robust online racing system. GT has arguably the greatest collection of cars in the video game world. Lets put them together.

I get that but this is a game that has a vast variety of cars. They go to so much time and effort to recreate these cars so lets get them in front of people. We had 6 cars released last week plus a new track. Go to Sport mode and you would not know it. Yes these cars can be used in single player modes but how about having those races in the sport rotation?. PD can put a selection of cars available to choose that are roughly balanced.

GT has a fairly robust online racing system. GT has arguably the greatest collection of cars in the video game world. Lets put them together.
Sport mode is aimed at a certain committed demographic. Competitive would be the word I'd use.

That's the market for sports mode which gets no love at all.

So I don't know how road cars need a competitive race billing. Its a wicked problem to solve to be fair

Full transparency here, I have no idea what the numbers are so this is more inquisitive than anything -BUT- what do the numbers dictate? If PD knows they will get 'X' number of players running Gr.3's, but less than 'X' number of players running road cars, what are they to do?

Members here have been begging for this same thing (car/track variety in dailies) for ages and, if we stay in this same echo chamber, we think that 'everyone' is asking/hoping/will sell a kidney for this. What if the only people that want that are here? While there's probably a good portion of players here, how many different names do you really see? I have doubts that "hundreds of thousands" is the answer. We want things that we prefer while PD has to make things that ERRYBODY (errybody = majority) prefers.

I only mention because I get similarly frustrated. For me, I'd be happy if they ran the Nord' with Gr.3's every damn week, but I'm pretty sure @GrumpyOldMan is the only other person I'd be racing. While I'd have a blast, PD isn't making much on that model. In the end, we must embrace that this is a business and we are the outliers on their profit-focused heat-map. We will not be heard.😁

:cheers:

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a bug at race C on pit exit? The Autopilot is making my Mazda spin out and give me a penalty. Had steering wheel straight and traction control on 4 and it still did it.

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm finally back to playing the game. It's been too long. I actually had some roulette tickets that almost expired. Oh the horrors!

I noticed that my Logitech G Pro wheel seems to give more feedback, but that could just be from me not remembering what it was like.

What's the state of the new physics, especially with respect to TM?

On a non-physics-related note, it looks like the wall/curb penalties seem to be relaxed at TM, like the last time we were here, which is awesome! No more penalties for looking at the curbs too closely. Right, @Chris30 ?

Anything else I should know?

And did I notice @Bullwinkle posted recently? That's a nice surprise.

Had a good race on Daily RACE B today at th mountain! Very heaty battle for 3rd place in my R8 EVO LMS'18. Its a pretty good car if you can keep it stable and the rear tneds to kick out on tunnel corner.

Enjoy photos!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240729204731.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729205109.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729210015.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729205109.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729210935.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729210753.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729210418.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240729210039.jpg

Started 7th and manged to get to 5th, but could hav been higher had I not lost control on the last lap. It is defo the better of the two GR.3 races, will try bathurst tomo and see how I go!

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm finally back to playing the game. It's been too long. I actually had some roulette tickets that almost expired. Oh the horrors!

I noticed that my Logitech G Pro wheel seems to give more feedback, but that could just be from me not remembering what it was like.

What's the state of the new physics, especially with respect to TM?

On a non-physics-related note, it looks like the wall/curb penalties seem to be relaxed at TM, like the last time we were here, which is awesome! No more penalties for looking at the curbs too closely. Right, @Chris30 ?

Anything else I should know?

And did I notice @Bullwinkle posted recently? That's a nice surprise.
Wondered where you went...seems like a bunch of folks ghosted for a few, myself included. Welcome back...still no Nord', tho.😁

For me the physics wasn't HUGE, though the bouncing cars in the update article posted here are well worth the watch (those were aberrations, people gettin' dumb with settings). I'm on a controller so your experience will be different, but I've found the cars easier to control under heavy braking. Ungood things happen on the flipside, lol. Catching snap oversteer seems to have gotten a bit more difficult with the change in weight physics...stuff moves around weird until you acclimate.

Personally have not experienced anything buggy/beta but I'm sure there's stories abound. Raced Road Atlanta and Spa with zero technical issues. The biggest surprise for me was the decrease in pace...lost half a second at RA in the Trophy. Since there was a sizeable BoP sidecar attached to the update, I'm not sure which is to blame. Probably none of the above and it's just me.

Good to hear on the wheel as that seems to be the biggest complaint, loss of FFB. You may have picked an ideal time to leave AND come back. We all b learnin' together now.😁

:cheers:

PS - Question for the group...is there proper etiquette to engage when you glitch slap/lag spank another driver off track? If so, what is it? Wasn't my fault, wasn't their fault so figured it was a wash but wanted to ask.👍

The Lamborghini is lots of fun at Bathurst, lovely car on pad with the new physics, I haven't won one yet but the car has it in it.

I have a couple of funny clips, the first was where somebodies car glitched on the grid, the leaders came round a lap later and assumed it would be ghosted:

This one a couple of us fell over each other at a part of track where its too tight to do a 3 point turn, far easier to carry on and sort it out where the track opens up:

Oh boy, am I having a hard time with the new physics update. The Porsche at Trial Mountian is like a completely different car. But, I mainly think that the habits I developed with the old physics are a big reason I'm struggling. I switched to the Huracan and had a much "easier" time with practice. I did pull this time off and it gave me a laugh to get exactly a 1:54.

20240729_191244.jpg

Once I sort of got a handle on how to drive the Huracan with still a few mistakes, I got a time of 1:53.397. Which puts me usually where I rank around the top 3000-ish times (as of now) so it's a start.

Was just bumming around learning the track at TM with one qualifier in. Then next race my time had dropped by a second. Are they using fastest race laps or something?
Last race was like pinball. Have held SR-S for a long time now. But that dropped me back a good chunk.

Back