GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,163 comments
FYI
Another word you can't say in the pre/post race chat: boner
Would love the back-story on this one, but only if you've healed, of course... 😁
context.gif

EDIT: 👍👍 for the PSA!

Last edited:
I got a super time at Maggiore this afternoon, got a rank #666 too. 0'51.555. You can search for my ranking by the username: rising_glass1.

It took a lot of work, 45 laps to finally nail it. The start of each curbing is the key of when to start braking, that's one of the things that I learned from watching the top 1000 replays.

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm finally back to playing the game. It's been too long. I actually had some roulette tickets that almost expired. Oh the horrors!

I noticed that my Logitech G Pro wheel seems to give more feedback, but that could just be from me not remembering what it was like.

What's the state of the new physics, especially with respect to TM?

On a non-physics-related note, it looks like the wall/curb penalties seem to be relaxed at TM, like the last time we were here, which is awesome! No more penalties for looking at the curbs too closely. Right, @Chris30 ?

Anything else I should know?

And did I notice @Bullwinkle posted recently? That's a nice surprise.

I’d say there isn’t much change apart from needing to heavy up the wheel, TM feels like it needs a set of mediums to unleash the Porsche, I feel I’ll be saying this every week!

I’ll wait until next week for a try at the G70, so far I only have tried the Porsche at Spa and TM

1.53.279 is my QT at TM placing me around 5-7 in BA

Last edited:
A quick question for controller users, which is kinda off topic for the thread but I trust everyone here to give me good feedback...

Is it generally regarded that pushing the analogue stick 'all the way' is not the fastest way to drive? What I mean is, are there people out there who are achieving optimal steering angle without the support of the plastic rim?

Is the technique that nuanced or am I making things up in my head?
I think I know what you mean and it's possible and faster. and it could be imaginery but if I adjust speed so I don't have to slam the stick to the rim
Has anyone else noticed a major differences in tires after the pitstop on race C? I can run mid 1:26's on my first stint and after the pitsop I can't stop understeering. I can barely hit high 1:27's.

I'm racing the 911.

If anyone is planning on doing Mt Panorama this coming week then I would strongly suggest you get some practice in. Forget how it used to be, it's a whole new ball game now 🙈🙈

Edit: I have a lobby room set up. For Gr3 with BoP and x5 tyre wear. Only Hards and Mediums. Probably close to what we might get tomorrow maybe 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
You still think so, now that the Dailies started? I did some qualification laps there yesterday evening and had no issues. I would rather say that trial Mountain became a bit annoying after the "changes" . To be honest, up to now the changes seem to me like they put more understeer to the corners entrance and a bit more oversteer for the corners exit. overall i dont like it, but it is not annoying

Man the sweaty drivers were in the Americas region in Race B Driving Rank A this evening. Spent a few hours trying to earn a top five finish (which is due to my PB is currently 1’52”648) however everyone I am grouped up with is doing 1’50-51’s. I haven’t been playing in Sport no more than two weeks however I don’t understand why the game puts me against these drivers because it’s destruction derby every race.

How do you guys learn to be faster? I can’t learn from battling the midfield all race unless people don’t try to dive bomb and take me out and magically I hit top five which happened once out of ten races today.

A bit of frustration after a long session.

1’52”648 at Trial Mountain

Last edited:
I'm back! Sort off....

I'm back to DR D :lol: having started over, this time in VR. I'm sticking with the goal of my QT being solely on my own driving and no ghost cam rabbit to chase. Against beginners in E/D ranks that has put me on pole each race so far. My first two races at Tsukuba were a bit shaky but after finding the 8C horrible at first, I started to gel with it. Two races I finished first and the last race was in 2nd after a mishap first lap dropped me to 6th. It was fairly easy to climb back to 2nd even after pulling off to the side lap 6 to wait for 2nd place after accidentally punting him at the hairpin. The third race, crapped out with a session error which luckily did not affect me (I thought we were done with those sort of session errors...)

Driving in the lower ranks is a challenge. It's easy if out front but if you get in the fray it then becomes a lot more unpredictable.
Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 1.17.36 AM.png

The question now that I am DR D and points count, do I go for race B or C.....? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The Lamborghini is lots of fun at Bathurst, lovely car on pad with the new physics, I haven't won one yet but the car has it in it.

I have a couple of funny clips, the first was where somebodies car glitched on the grid, the leaders came round a lap later and assumed it would be ghosted:

This one a couple of us fell over each other at a part of track where its too tight to do a 3 point turn, far easier to carry on and sort it out where the track opens up:

I saw you with the Lambo in someone's livestream. Looked like a wild ride. I admired your ability to keep it on the track.😅

^Very interesting week indeed. I am glad for a couple different types of races! Even race B (albeit at a track we see 3x more than we should IMO) has RM tires which is different for a race B.

I'm back! Sort off....

I'm back to DR D :lol: having started over, this time in VR. I'm sticking with the goal of my QT being solely on my own driving and no ghost cam rabbit to chase. Against beginners in E/D ranks that has put me on pole each race so far. My first two races at Tsukuba were a bit shaky but after finding the 8C horrible at first, I started to gel with it. Two races I finished first and the last race was in 2nd after a mishap first lap dropped me to 6th. It was fairly easy to climb back to 2nd even after pulling off to the side lap 6 to wait for 2nd place after accidentally punting him at the hairpin. The third race, crapped out with a session error which luckily did not affect me (I thought we were done with those sort of session errors...)

Driving in the lower ranks is a challenge. It's easy if out front but if you get in the fray it then becomes a lot more unpredictable.
View attachment 1376710

The question now that I am DR D and points count, do I go for race B or C.....? 🤷‍♂️
I had no problem doing c yesterday without a tire change. Given the sweaty factor this week in B, its probably prudent to take an early pit stop in c to avoid the mess and cruise through. Given, your pretty rapid, a few wins should blast you up pretty quickly.

Next week's races are up on GTSH early...

View attachment 1376728

Eiger (likely in Gr.B since there's tyre wear) + a dirt physics improvement showcase is kind of what I was expecting them to do this week, to be honest.
Awesome, now I'm definitely gonna have to get geared up for next week, I'm sure the Eiger races will be a blast to do. I guess Suzuka will be okay, it's nothing new so I should be able to get some low solid lap times there.

I hope B is Gr.2. I don't know if any of you have tried it yet but I think it might be the nicest car class in the game now.

Reduced downforce, increased mechanical grip. They feel incredible.
Agree. The best category to drive after the update.
I did the last weekly challegenge of last week (Autopolis on gr.2).

Tried the Lexus, NSX and the Nismo... the 3 of them felt incredible.

I had lots of fun with Race A so far. That car is sketchy as hell in its high RPM range, so when you see 3 dudes heading into the same corner it's pretty obvious someone will die. I just kept early braking to the inside and dodging the carnage. I was racing from the back of the grid and people were losing their minds, rage-quitting after I would pass them.

The Bathurst race is brutal as always. Despite doing many races this morning, I am always terrified as soon as the downhill section starts. Love this track!

This race has been great in getting me used to the new physics. Folks around me have been respectful and careful, which is helping me even more in getting used to the new physics.

Does anyone has a recommendation for an easy car for Bathurst for me? Given:
1. The Porsche has been nicely stable for me at -5BB.
2. I can't get the rears of Alfa Romeo and Audi R8 to be stable, no matter what BB.
3. The McLaren is terribly understeery for me regardless of BB.

The Honda RA272 at Eiger Nordwand next week sounds potential fun! Gran Turismo's version of F1 at Monaco. Fingers crossed that it stays clean and is not a snoozefest.

It would be an even more disaster if the event consisted of Group 1 cars, the track is narrow and twisty in Sectors 1 and 2. But we won't know until Monday morning.

@appu You're preaching to the quire, I loathe Bathhurst, but it's not as bad as the Nordschleife track which is even 2-3 times longer than Bathhurst.

I hope the Suzuka race consists of Group 2 cars, like Nebu72 said. Gr. 1 cars would make the race too intense and insane.

Last edited:
@appu You're preaching to the quire, I loathe Bathhurst
Sorry but I actually said that I love Bathurst. :D

But then I am a glutton for punishment. I was also thinking that the Nordschleife is gonna be an actual hell after this update. :lol:

The Bathurst race is brutal as always. Despite doing many races this morning, I am always terrified as soon as the downhill section starts. Love this track!

This race has been great in getting me used to the new physics. Folks around me have been respectful and careful, which is helping me even more in getting used to the new physics.

Does anyone has a recommendation for an easy car for Bathurst for me? Given:
1. The Porsche has been nicely stable for me at -5BB.
2. I can't get the rears of Alfa Romeo and Audi R8 to be stable, no matter what BB.
3. The McLaren is terribly understeery for me regardless of BB.

The Honda RA272 at Eiger Nordwand next week sounds potential fun! Gran Turismo's version of F1 at Monaco. Fingers crossed that it stays clean and is not a snoozefest.
Stay away from the Lexus, it was my choice for this combo before the update and now in the mountain is a massive destruction weapon.
It kills you, and everyone around :boggled:

The M6 seems the most friendly car to drive for me
Just be smooth on the throtte on 2nd gear

Back