Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,723 comments
Hi regards skinning i use blender mainly, just love working in it far more pleasurable than doing 2D. Although i chop and change as required. Reminds me of Forza paint shop in that you can see it 'live' in 3D.

Screenshot_vtrc_retro_merc_magione_3-8-124-12-6-4.jpg

I'm really excited about these mods getting some love, they are generally good quality, but lack just that final touch like this.

I think the latest BMW 635 model is partly encrypted, but the data isn't, and with the proper templates it can be turned around like the others.
I don't really understand why these mods have any encryption at all.
They're rips, and they're free.
What is being protected here apart from things that might need changing and improving?

Ignore, I thought we were taking about different cars.

Last edited:
I don't really understand why these mods have any encryption at all.
They're rips, and they're free.
What is being protected here apart from things that might need changing and improving?
Are you sure they are rips? Are you thinking of the correct mod as these are Tommy78 paid not free?

I'm no expert but I always assumed they are scratch made as he uploads WIP of the models in the months prior to the release on Facebook and Discord, wireframes and partially constructed as they gradually get built up.

Last edited:
Are you sure they are rips? Are you thinking of the correct mod as these are Tommy78 paid not free?

I'm no expert but I always assumed they are scratch made as he uploads WIP of the models in the months prior to the release on Facebook and Discord, wireframes and partially constructed as they gradually get built up.
Sorry, thought we were talking about different DTM cars.
Yes, Tommy's are scratch-made AFAIK.

Getting into scripting:

As said here Cars – Physics scripts it is possible to simulate gearbox damage in cars.

Example:

function script.update(dt)
if car.waterTemperature > 95 then
ac.accessCarPhysics().
engineLifeLeft = 0 <- What should this marked text be to make the gearbox go boom and not the engine?
end
end

I can't figure it out, gearboxLifeLeft, gearboxDamage...nothing works so far. :confused:

Hi everyone, this morning I bought the 2019 TCR helmet from Tommy78... It's great for me. Does anyone have the 91? I'd like to buy that one too... Thanks

Hi everyone, this morning I bought the 2019 TCR helmet from Tommy78... It's great for me. Does anyone have the 91? I'd like to buy that one too... Thanks
You can buy everything from Tommy, it's well done, except the AI so I made a patch some time ago.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if it is possible to change the size of an ambient shadow through an extension folder within a skin folder? i know you can change it in data but i want it to be different only for 1 skin not all of them.

Is there a way to get acu_singapore to work properly during night... When I set the time the white lines on the track are almost invisible and I would like to know what I can do to make it better... Why I use this track? because I wanted to do a lap on the 2014 layout which doesn't exist anywhere else

Last edited:
Is there a way to get acu_singapore to work properly during night... When I set the time the white lines on the track are almost invisible and I would like to know what I can do to make it better... Why I use this track? because I wanted to do a lap on the 2014 layout which doesn't exist anywhere else
I don't have acu_singapore installed atm, but I use singapore_2020 (which is basically acu_singapore reworked by JK v1.22).
It looks fine to me (line 1113 on @Breathe list)

singapore_lines.png

would copying the files into the skins work on the 89' verion too ?
Unfortunately not, not all textures are the same

Opel Calibra DTM V6 ´94

Version 1.2
new Exhaust AO Map
new Front Light AO Map
Add Turnlight
Add Shift Animation
Add new Skins by maximeerkat
New Rim Schader Settings
Lod D fix by ACTK

DELETE the OLD CAR

Really love this car and apprciate all the work gone into it, thank you!

One thing I noticed with this update is that the rolecage, exaust and front headlights all use the same texture, so one can't change the color without effecting all three parts.

Is there a way to change this?

Rear diffuser is also a bit bright now.

Since we're talking about Tommy78 mods a lot recently, I've been making this when I've been bored at work:
View attachment 1387229
Does anybody have some tips and suggestions to churn out skins faster? I notice some of you guys can really pump them out but these take ages for me.
If you are interested, more than willing to share the entire GIMP file (decals, paths, layers, etc) for a particular livery of your choice so that you can have an entire insight to how I've structured it.

The offer is also extended to anyone else if this arouses your appetite... The more the merrier. DM me with your request and shall prepare it.

Opel Calibra DTM - ELF Livery WIP

Today (Sunday) I was looking for some kind of inspiration on what the last (or semi-last) livery I ought to attempt and came across this BTCC mod & liveries shared by the GTP community - and thought this one will do just fine.
opel_calibra__ELF_wip.png

I've covered off most decals that will be used thus far, like 90% of them, and now I'll attempt at doing the crisscross graphics-layout from scratch... But before starting I thought to google if something similar was out there, and came across different types of worthwhile images, like:
monochrome-mesh.jpg

and this one...
crisscross-crunch-exercise.jpg

Which one to use???
hmm.png
hmm.gif
Hmmm??? As it turns out I'm more inspired then when I began this livery... Cheeky racealot! Have a good day!

Last edited:
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/circuit-chambley-par-race-system.71904/

If you want to correct the tree shadows with @Masscot's fix (and hide the baloons "wall") add the following lines to ext_config.ini

;unfeck borked tree normals
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION= lighten/darken trees after normal fix above
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.12 ; 0.3 up or down
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.12

; hide ballons
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
IS_ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = OBJ61, OBJ61.001
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Before After
after.jpg
before.jpg

Which one to use??? View attachment 1387781View attachment 1387779 Hmmm??? As it turns out I'm more inspired then when I began this livery... Cheeky racealot! Have a good day!
second one... please, please 🤩

Last edited:
BTCC Ford Mandingo skin taken from a slightly earlier version of the car

no AO with this, if you add an AO you will get a square patch on the boot where i have hidden the plate and you will get black patches on either wing where i have removed the side repeaters. Car is fairly dark anyway so i chose this path with no AO.

4k only

drag and drop to install

Screenshot (667).png

Honda S2000 2003 USDM Public Release!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/rlaq1ps6tts5/2003_honda_s2000_ap1_v1.0.zip.html
Converted From FH5
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@Mascot,and others
-EXTRA A- Roff
-EXTRA B- Hood

View attachment 1386952View attachment 1386953View attachment 1386954View attachment 1386955View attachment 1386956View attachment 1386957View attachment 1386958View attachment 1386959View attachment 1386960
Heads up, the link has just been updated by Peter with some fixes, including new driver and shifting animation, exterior black trim/black glass fix, and a cockpit sunlight encroachment fix.

Edit: these new B, C and D LODs need adding to the car folder to match the new exterior trim values. Overwrite the existing ones.

Attachments

• 2003_honda_s2000_ap1_lod_b.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 2003_honda_s2000_ap1_lod_c.zip
    994.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2003_honda_s2000_ap1_lod_d.zip
    111 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
what do you mean when you say "skinning" ?
Blender texture paint, brings up the car body (or any part), then you have the 2D one side and 3D the other and you can literally apply the decals or paint onto the 3D model live.
It works for me as its enjoyable to do and see, once i had the skin saved i merge it with the AO base and have a skin.

Like this one its awkward to skin in 2d because the map isn't quite right, but in blender it doesn't matter...
skin.png

__custom_showroom_1714863921.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1387461
Did somebody know what setting causes the transparent undercarshadow?
Whas it updating ambient shadows in ContentManager?
Do you use Pure LCS and pureCandy ppfilter?

Otherwise it is related to the CSP fake shadows. If its set to higher than 1.0 this is the effect then.
That mistake i made is solved with the new Pure 2.1 and its reworked pureCandy ppfilter.

If you use a different ppfilter + script, you could search for:
"ac.setWeatherFakeShadowOpacity(...)" - it must be 1.0:
ac.setWeatherFakeShadowOpacity(1.0)

what do you mean when you say "skinning" ?
Better example.... look at the map, its all over the place impossible to do in 2D..

So do it in 3D.
I wouldn't suggest people do it this way if they have a way already, but its great for cars with weird maps and looks nice visually to work in and results happen straight away live.
A nice tool to have along side the other ways for sure..
Put it this way, the 3D on the right, you click mouse button and 'spray' on the decals, so satisfying... it really is a paint shop game in itself.

Screenshot 2024-09-09 090354.jpg

Last edited:
Better example.... look at the map, its all over the place impossible to do in 2D..

So do it in 3D.
I wouldn't suggest people do it this way if they have a way already, but its great for cars with weird maps and looks nice visually to work in and results happen straight away live.
Put it this way, the 3D on the right, you click mouse button and 'spray' on the decals, so satisfying... it really is a paint shop game in itself.

View attachment 1387940
Wow this looks incredible, a lot better than the previous select face -> duplicate -> add decal flat texture method I was using

So do it in 3D.

View attachment 1387940
I came across this tutorial a few weeks ago - for ACC, but you can set up the AC cars quite easily for it as well, explains what you are talking about very nicely.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back