GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,222 comments
The races have been like that all week in A and C, most A+ and A players have avoided them and presumably stuck to race B. It's a bit of a shame because a lot of the streamers ask for something different then as soon as PD give that they abandon it and go back to what they know, anyway race C should be fun next week on the Nordschleife and hopefully a bit more popular.
I was very surprised to hear one streamer say the race was "unimaginative". Race C wasn't without it's faults, but they were down to scheduling and race parameters rather than the combo itself...

New track + Classic F1 car + tricky tyres seems like a pretty wild time to me. And it has been.

I completely understand the demand in the greater online community for Group 4 & 3 races, but unimaginative wouldn't be the right word to describe this one.

Sounds like Eiger Nordwand was somewhat controversial this week. I had a great time there although I never managed better than 2nd. I was mainly in B lobbies although I did get shuffled down to C after a few bad early races.

It must have been a little sparse tonight, my first race was a B/C lobby followed by a 12th place start in an A/B lobby… and with that, I’m done for the week 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is interesting I love the Nordschleifer, is it Gr3?

Will it run similar to the Manufacturers Cup back in December?

Yes, Gr3. 6 laps - for the moment. Either the lap count or the expected time is an error.
6 laps is about a 48 min race in the dry, pushing near the hour if it rains.

Last edited:
It really does sound like hell, of any colour.
I’ll be at Blue Moon.

Sambabus at Road Atlanta?! On sports softs? Someone on PD is on drugs.
Totally agree. With all the available opportunities for Dailies and they produce a meme troll race like that for Race A again. I feel like I must be the only person sick of Race A being wasted and want races like a Hatchback Club sport type race with a max pp setting, would be great to have Clio's, Focus's, Golf's etc all liveried up and burning rounds Brands.

Instead we have a Samba bus at RA.

Seriously PD. 6 laps of the Nords? If I average 9 minutes per lap, that's a total of 54 minutes. Plus the pit time. Ugh, looks like I'll be forced to do the A races this week. I am grateful that I only have to do 3 laps at Road Atlanta instead of 6. I'm not crazy about the Samba buses though. It would have been better if they had featured a Viper One-Make there instead of a slow bus.

Well my main focus will be Blue Moon Bay. I'm sure Famine will post an article in a little bit explaining in detail about each race and their regulations.

I just knew PD would find some way to 🤬-up Nürburgring (for me, anyway). 6 laps? With tire wear and fuel usage? I assume they went the whole 9 yards and added weather.

6 laps: That's at least 42 minutes. I was expecting 2 laps. There's no way in the world I can focus for 6 laps. Zero. Nada. None. No way. I'd need to swap out with another driver. Which would be fun, actually, if I knew anyone else in this area.

Tire wear and fuel usage: I realize it's only x2 for both, but come on - this track is hard enough to make it around without crashing, and now you have to be conscious of tires and fuel at the same time? What the actual 🤬?

See you all next week, or maybe never again. I'll still post updates for GranTracker, but I think PD has just knifed my heart for the last time.

Anyone want a thousand dollars worth of racing gear? (Just kidding - for now at least.)

I just knew PD would find some way to 🤬-up Nürburgring (for me, anyway). 6 laps? With tire wear and fuel usage? I assume they went the whole 9 yards and added weather.

6 laps: That's at least 42 minutes. I was expecting 2 laps. There's no way in the world I can focus for 6 laps. Zero. Nada. None. No way. I'd need to swap out with another driver. Which would be fun, actually, if I knew anyone else in this area.

Tire wear and fuel usage: I realize it's only x2 for both, but come on - this track is hard enough to make it around without crashing, and now you have to be conscious of tires and fuel at the same time? What the actual 🤬?

See you all next week, or maybe never again. I'll still post updates for GranTracker, but I think PD has just knifed my heart for the last time.

Anyone want a thousand dollars worth of racing gear? (Just kidding - for now at least.)
Leave the Ring for the masochists, the smart people are having fun at Blue Moon instead.

Whole world of more customisable and varied simulators on PC if you want it.
If you've got all the gear you've got the passion and there's no sense letting it all go because one game does online poorly.

One tip I can give for fuel at the ring. The first lap of my morning race was dry, and I was on target to do 5 laps on the tank full. So if you get an all dry race expect to be round 1 lap short. I'd guess fuel saving enough to stretch that to 6 would cost more time than a quick pit stop to fill it up, or would it?

After the first lap I did 5 laps on Inters no problem, although the early wear was getting me a bit worried as it took half a lap or so to get properly wet. One big question with the new physics is how long can you get away with running in the dry on Inters while waiting for the rain to arrive?

Six laps around Nord with dynamic weather and starting times every 30 mins despite the longer race length?! Like... what? Someone needs to do a wellness check on PD. This is so cool I can't imagine they're feeling okay! I hope they don't Nerf this during the week.

Kinda bummed BMB in Gr4 is this week's B as I want to do both B & C so much I kinda wish they were on different weeks! Not complaining, though...

Last edited:
just practiced a bit. It is difficult of course. Kie25 says FR cars are horrible in the rain. If that's the case the BMW would be out which I actually like on Nord. Anyone any experience here?

just practiced a bit. It is difficult of course. Kie25 says FR cars are horrible in the rain. If that's the case the BMW would be out which I actually like on Nord. Anyone any experience here?
MR is much better in the rain as the weight is balanced towards the centre of the car, meaning the rear is less likely to carry itself around unwillingly.

I have done 4 daily C races this morning with no lap time set and using the Audi R8.

First thing I haven't finished a single race. Second thing I haven't placed lower than 8th (best 6th) but I haven't made a single overtake other than going past ghosted folks.

In all the races more than 1/2 to 3/4 of the lobby quit the race before the end.This is how I have been gaining places.

So in conclusion I am making DR by not racing anyone, not finishing a race and not really having any fun.

Oh well maybe next week, sigh

Last edited:
I haven't tried driving there since the physics update, but when Nord has come up in the Manu Cup races, I've found that bumping up the TC to 3 on FR cars can really help with oversteer in the rain.

I have done 4 daily C races this morning with no lap time set and using the Audi R8.

First thing I haven't finished a single race. Second thing I haven't placed lower than 8th (best 6th) but I haven't made a single overtake other than going past ghosted folks.

In all the races more than 3/4 of the lobby quit the race before the end.This is how I have been gaining places.

So in conclusion I am making DR by not racing anyone, not finishing a race and not really having any fun.

Oh well maybe next week, sigh
I expected this to be honest. The long form races don't work at all with such a small maximum grid size.
A few leavers and you're already down to comically small grids where you'll be unlikely to see people and a few more on top of that and you're hot lapping for 50 minutes.

Two consecutive weeks with 'interesting' Race C's...

Is the player base split so evenly that we're seeing similar backlash that these races are too out-there as we often do when people complain about the constant Group 3/4 rotation?

I'm sure there's been plenty of demand for dynamic weather/endurance/strategic races??

Am I going mad? Is this pain and simple illustration that we'll never agree on what makes us happy, and that perhaps we should instead be praising PD for offering us the variety of gameplay necessary to keep such a broad community satisfied?

Yes. 6 laps! It is gonna be such a hell to complete. Eagerly looking forward to it.

Is there any car which can complete 6 dry laps of the green hell without refueling and on automatic? This track is too taxing on my concentration so I can't really use manual here.

Edit: Never mind. Just saw Digit's stream. It is not doable even on manual. :lol:

Edit 2: Digit even swapped for new hards (completely dry race).

Last edited:
Yes. 6 laps! It is gonna be such a hell to complete. Eagerly looking forward to it.

Is there any car which can complete 6 dry laps of the green hell without refueling and on automatic? This track is too taxing on my concentration so I can't really use manual here.

Edit: Never mind. Just saw Digit's stream. It is not doable even on manual. :lol:
It is probably possible if you turn down the fuel mix. Would have to do some testing to be sure.

Sambabusssss

14th quickest sambabus driver in the WORLDDDDDD bayyyyybeeeeeee!!!

19146934a7e68-screenshotUrl.jpg

Meep Meep 😂😂😂🏆🏆🏆👽👽👽

(for clarity, I know that nobody is really doing this Qualy and it's pure sarcasm on my behalf)

Last edited:
MR is much better in the rain as the weight is balanced towards the centre of the car, meaning the rear is less likely to carry itself around unwillingly.
The 911 was kinda bred there, wasn't it??🤣

Quick flashback to last week...want to know a GREAT way to ruin a P1 start before the countdown even finishes? Start a bone-dry five lap sprint on IMs.😁

Total knucklehead move. Used the Porsche to finish out the last weekly challenge race (rain) the night before and wasn't paying attention. Flag drops, turn signal on, dive to the right and let the pack pass. Didn't want to quit so pitted end of L1 for proper tires and charged on. Was actually able to catch the back of the pack and pick-off one real person at Casio. Add in the DNF's and I was able to make it back to 12th.

That dumbass moment aside, some great racing at Suzuka, a track I typically struggle at immensely. Now, this week's Nord' race/challenge coupled with BMB is gonna make it tough to focus on anything OTHER than GT7.👍

:cheers:

Two consecutive weeks with 'interesting' Race C's...

Is the player base split so evenly that we're seeing similar backlash that these races are too out-there as we often do when people complain about the constant Group 3/4 rotation?

I'm sure there's been plenty of demand for dynamic weather/endurance/strategic races??

Am I going mad? Is this pain and simple illustration that we'll never agree on what makes us happy, and that perhaps we should instead be praising PD for offering us the variety of gameplay necessary to keep such a broad community satisfied?
It seems like a self inflicted issue on PD tbh. 3 daily races might've been fine when GT Sport just launched and it had like 20 tracks and a hundred cars, it makes no sense that with x3-x4 the content they're still having the same limits.

Personally I'm pretty firmly in the "Gr3/Gr4 are just a snooze" camp now which is why I haven't done Sport mode in ages (tbf don't have Plus either so would have to subscribe specifically for GT7), but there's no reason why these two series can't be just permanent fixtures on top of other series like how iRacing or Forza Motorsport handle it. With how they've set things up if they want to have original races it has to come at the cost of Gr3 or Gr4 which a lot of people will naturally dislike.

Back