GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,505 comments
Try as I might, I cannot get a consistent lap at Brands Hatch. It's always been one of those tracks I struggle with. I don't hate the track like some others, I'm just not good at it.

But, I am looking forward to Daytona next week. One of my favorite places to race at. Tokyo might be interesting for a few races.

Try as I might, I cannot get a consistent lap at Brands Hatch. It's always been one of those tracks I struggle with. I don't hate the track like some others, I'm just not good at it.

But, I am looking forward to Daytona next week. One of my favorite places to race at. Tokyo might be interesting for a few races.
I'm looking forward to one of my favorite tracks next week, DRC. It's not as bad as it looks. The best way to get a good solid lap is to use replays and ghosts. Useful tools found in the game.

Last edited:

I have that issue often. My familiarity with many of the tracks is pretty poor and I need more than a week to learn the track and then be competitive.
I’ve also hit the figurative wall, my times in both qualifying and races don’t seem to improve at all.
I believe my driving style is flawed, I’m taking the incorrect line and coming in too hot and definitely not practicing slow in, fast out. So, I’ve decided to change my driving style which, initially, is making me even slower but, in the long run, I’m hoping I come out the other end faster.
Also, to your point, I quit Brands Hatch early to practice Daytona. Hoping for a good week.

A & C look good. :)
B is not even slightly interesting. :indiff:
At least the National variant of Catalunya is getting some use hence I'm interested to give it a go. The whole track itself may have been used for 11 times (7 for the no chicane variant and 4 for the GP layout) while the rallycross layout has only been used once for a daily but I'm glad they are giving that variant a go for once.

But either way the whole Daily Race lineup for next week? I'm happy to give it a go.

Last edited:
I'm strarting to get "aquainted" to the big difference there is between starting inside the pack (from 6th to 12th) or from pole (til 5th) at Bathurst. A whole total different world. Chipping time from 2:11 to 2:07 low did make the difference, cause I was starting basically always from pole or at least 2nd. Then it's almost easy to survive and get podium.

Last edited:
The weekend is almost here, I have not had one clean race at Bathurst so I’m giving up on that and I’ll be reverting back to brands and the G70 I guess.

Not sure about next week, none of them look amazing so I’ll get some racing in whilst I can!

👌
I am curious why. Other people hitting you? Which car are you using?

The weekend is almost here, I have not had one clean race at Bathurst so I’m giving up on that and I’ll be reverting back to brands and the G70 I guess.

Not sure about next week, none of them look amazing so I’ll get some racing in whilst I can!

👌
Yes, it's been a bit grim there this week! Got rammed a couple of times today - one of them hit me into another car, after I'd started 6th on the grid. I got the penalty, obviously, and dropped right down the order - DR and SR down at the end.

Oh well, I thought, at least I'll be in an even better place on the grid for the next race - nope, started 12th 🤨

Wow how is this possible 😂

Cutting the grass, getting a 4.5s penalty?

That seems fair.

Why does being run inside on the 2 corners before the end result in a position reset?

I don't know where I stand on these things,
Frustrating when it happens to me but in real car racing you carry on, vs that **** which is clearly abusing the game mechanic.

I'd feel a little more sympathy if the times I fractionally put out 4 wheels on the grass I wasn't penalised for 5 corners afterwards. Which is a huge speed deficit for a minimal crime (pushing hard, avoiding a player etc)

Wow how is this possible 😂

I don't know, that's really weird how he did that crazy move, he should have gotten a 9-second penalty. I'm confused on how PD's penalty system operates. That's why I normally try to follow the rules out there on the track. And to be polite to other drivers.

Porsche and mainly because I haven’t played enough this week to get in the zone, I’m rusty as through the top section and ppl are bouncing all over the place! Plus new physics still needs some getting used to
I like the Lexus for this. - 1 brakes. Getting that T1 apex and exit really sets you up

One of the best parts about not being able to sleep is going onto a race that only has about 6 cars, and then performing the slowest win in history. Just won in the Audi on Autopolis for example.

Edit:

If anyone want to watch it, here you go, mind you it's just asmr of me learning to drive the car around.

Last edited:
Morning, had to share this one, got myself a decent QT in the Megane trophy, seems a much nicer drive than the G70.

Started 5th, gained a couple of places by lap 3 and the hunt is on, until this chap decides to ram me off 🙄

Que lap 7 and guess who comes out after his pit right in front of me! I know it’s immature and not in the spirit of the game, but I couldn’t resist

This week I have learned a lot. A. Lot.

I have raced at Bathearst a lot more than I have ever raced a track in a week. I have gone from low B to very low A - first time ever in A, and my QT is currently 2:02.9. (As a "bonus experience" I was in a lobby with Tidgney as my sixth A race. 😲😁).
And I have been bumb-drafting people a lot, which I have never really done before. The whole week has been totally non-aggressive, and it has paid off.

Because I did so many laps in the same car (the Supra), I was able to analyse in detail some TC behaviour: It has been on my mind for a while, that IF all your input (with TC on) is EXACTLY the same as a fast car (in this case the fastest Supra ghost) then the time loss will be minimal if any (I have seen others ask this question as well).
Now this "might" still be the case in a completely flat (meaning no curbs or bumps) corner, but using Bathearst T1, I can conclude that TC is definitely slowing you, as the optimal line hits the exit curb (and likely also the inner curb at the apex.
What happens is, even if you are not overdriving in any way, but doing exactly the same as the car with no TC, the moment you hit the exit curb, TC will interpret this as a potential upset, and there will be a VERY minimal adjustment (this was at TC2). The adjustment is so small, that you can not hear it nor see it on the display. But the ghost will pull away every single time. Changing to TC1 made it possible to keep pace with the ghost on the straight. I will assume that TC1 would have kicked in, if the curb there was a tiny bit more of an upset.
Practicing running a few laps with TC1 made me improve my QT 3 tenths over TC2.

So now I can no longer hold on to the "safety blanket" that is TC, or at least not at 2. I will keep it at 1 (for Group 3 cars) untill it becomes obvious that that is also holding me back.

Last edited:
This week I have learned a lot. A. Lot.

I have raced at Bathearst a lot more than I have ever raced a track in a week. I have gone from low B to very low A - first time ever in A, and my QT is currently 2:02.9. (As a "bonus experience" I was in a lobby with Tidgney as my sixth A race. 😲😁).
And I have been bumb-drafting people a lot, which I have never really done before. The whole week has been totally non-aggressive, and it has paid off.

So now I can no longer hold on to the "safety blanket" that is TC, or at least not at 2. I will keep it at 1 (for Group 3 cars) untill it becomes obvious that that is also holding me back.
Congrats on your progress there 👍 Bathurst is a track I can rarely get right, and I can never seem to be consistant there.

I keep TC1 on quite often in GR3 races (depends on track and car combo) as I'd rather lose a tenth or two than several seconds. I try to keep it off in qualifying though

It's doesn't take long to become accustomed to not having it. in a few laps of any track, you should be good to go. You'll get a feel for it fast.
Traction control masks smoothness and aggressiveness on the throttle.

It lets you just "hit the power fast" where as when you don't use it you start to "manually control the traction, so the upshot is you have a smoother exit, better maintenance throttle control and you controlling the slip vs the computer which will intervene aggressively.

I always find it funny when I see people complaining about spinning with TC on like it can somehow over come aggressive throttle and physics 🤷‍♂️

Ultimately even with TC on the top guys will trigger it less, but it's a massive learning curve on understanding corner exit vs steering angle.

Back