GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,679 comments
1728038447715.png

RM on Daily A.
RS w/rolling start (aka, not SF race) on Daily C.

Last edited:
Oh no, not Trial Mountain again. What's worse is the reverse part because you have to do the opposite of what you normally do on the regular layout of it.

@Barney Da Dog Oh my, you got bit by an otter, seriously? I hope your hands heal up.

Last edited:
Karts are always Sports Softs, it won't be the kart.
I wonder if it will be the GT-R T-spec '24 car or the Lancer Evo XIII one. I'm guessing this but usually the week after PD releases an update one of those featured cars in it will appear in one of the next set of daily races.

You can’t just post about getting bitten by an otter while at work without the story. lol. The chances of that sentence and experience ever occurring is like 1 in a billion. Obviously im sorry you got hurt and you’re hopefully ok, but that has to be the best story ever!! You must have a wild job, what are the chances! I’ve seen otters, but they always go the other way. You have to tell it lol.
Glad I wasn't alone on this...was hoping for a backstory on that one. It's a rare opportunity:

"And then, upon seeing Barney's qualifying time, Otter von Winmeister lashed out and attacked, wounding his opponent where it would matter the most...THE HANDS"

Maybe not THAT dramatic, but still....🤣

EDIT
Daily Race C RULZ!!!😁

Last edited:
Well no racing for me for a few days - while at work, I got bitten on both hands by an Otter (long story)
Sore hands, tetanus injection and a course of antibiotics. Bloody Otters - though I wasn't enjoying the racing much anyway, so not to bothered:)
I'd loved to have heard the explanation to the medics.

"What happened to you?"

"So there was this otter right.."

"Yeah?"

"And he bit me"

"What an otter git he is"

"Thanks, can I please have the drugs now, I'm going to pass out."

I've got an example of the gaps to other drivers (who either did or did not make a pit stop yet) thing that I told you about I didn't understand, 2 or 3 pages back in this thread. It's a screenshot from a TheKie stream, but this will do.

I thought before the time in red was the time you are behind the leader, but now I am confused about it. This is the screenshot:

1728045182701.png

TheKie already pitted at this point (his pit animation took about 31 seconds). He was already driving at the back, and after his stop he's driving 15th place, 27.348 seconds behind... who? So this 27 odd seconds is not his gap to the leader? Because if the leader (anyone behind that still needs to pit) takes a pitstop of 31 seconds, than TheKie will pass them all, but in reality it's quite a hopeless drive from the back because he was punted in the first corner.

I've got an example of the gaps to other drivers (who either did or did not make a pit stop yet) thing that I told you about I didn't understand, 2 or 3 pages back in this thread. It's a screenshot from a TheKie stream, but this will do.

I thought before the time in red was the time you are behind the leader, but now I am confused about it. This is the screenshot:

View attachment 1394371

TheKie already pitted at this point (his pit animation took about 31 seconds). He was already driving at the back, and after his stop he's driving 15th place, 27.348 seconds behind... who? So this 27 odd seconds is not his gap to the leader? Because if the leader (anyone behind that still needs to pit) takes a pitstop of 31 seconds, than TheKie will pass them all, but in reality it's quite a hopeless drive from the back because he was punted in the first corner.
It's the leader. Pit delta at Daytona assuming no fuel no tires is ~15 seconds.

How can the pit delta be 15 seconds while the whole pit animation is more than double (no fuel, no tires), this I just don't get 😅

This is his pit entry, so he is 6.7 seconds behind the leader:
1728046776774.png

This is pit exit (so more than 30 seconds into the pits):
1728046886325.png

Now this is his delta, 21 seconds:
1728046924930.png

So you guys are right. It is indeed a 15 seconds. But how is this possible when the animation takes longer... only thing I can think about is that you cover a lot less track than the people not pitting at that moment.

To make it a teeny more ontopic: I did several daytona races this week. Most of the time I start about P10. The first 2 laps are rather messy most of the time, with me coming out at P14-P16. I always finish about P6-P8 however so many people must be having collisions or trips beyond the tarmac.

Last edited:
How can the pit delta be 15 seconds while the whole pit animation is more than double (no fuel, no tires), this I just don't get 😅

This is his pit entry, so he is 6.7 seconds behind the leader:
View attachment 1394375

This is pit exit (so more than 30 seconds into the pits):
View attachment 1394378

Now this is his delta, 21 seconds:
View attachment 1394379

So you guys are right. It is indeed a 15 seconds. But how is this possible when the animation takes longer.. the rest of the field keeps racing during this animation?
Because you're not coming out of the pits at the same location of the track you went in. It takes about 15 seconds for you to go from entry to exit on a normal hot lap. Thus, 30 second pit time - 15 second hot lap time = 15 seconds lost total to pit.

1728047227617.png

Last edited:
With the amount of data that Polyphony has on quali-laps from different skilled players, races (dayly or official contests) from all DR an DS categories, I don't see the "science fiction" of an algorithm monitoring and policing 12 to 16 objects (players) in a rather confined space. Especially when those aren't always altogether engaged like at the start (in fps games the algorithm takes care of 128-150 players)
We're getting off topic of the dailies, but again, what you are suggesting (although technically possible) is far more complex that you think.

First, the comparison of 12-16 cars vs 128-150 players. That's the same thing, but in the larger game, more prediction is used to determine where people will be. It's just more processing. And, still, intention cannot be determined. Only trajectory. In that, lag becomes the issue. Let's say, my trajectory says I am going to t-bone you, should I get a penalty? Lag causes me to t-bone you. YOu feel it, but on my end, I never even came close to being off line. So my intent was never there, the outcome still sucks for you. Should I be penalized for lag?

How fine of a measurement does it need to be? Well, watch the cars in this week's B race and you will see them blatantly go into the penalty areas on your screen, but there's no penalty dished out. Why? Because of the difference between them, the server, and you.

It's not as easy as you think

Because you're not coming out of the pits at the same location of the track you went in. It takes about 15 seconds for you to go from entry to exit on a normal hot lap. Thus, 30 second pit time - 15 second hot lap time = 15 seconds lost total to pit.

View attachment 1394383
Ah ofcourse, I forgot to take this into consideration. I finally get it now (and I'm hopefully not so slow of mind in other areas ;) ).

Hello!

Feel like it's been so long since I had time to log in and say hello.... 😖

Gearing up for the serious end of the project at work so working almost 7 days a week, 60+ hours for the past month lol and foreseeable future... Love it though I hope won't be too long till all comes to normal 😁

So in my limited time, just want to pop in, say hello and wish good luck at the races to all!

And to also ruin your day @newmedia_dev 😂❤️🥳

1728048167945.jpeg
1728048174601.jpeg

Last edited:
Back