GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,740 comments
I'd written a whole bunch of words about DR and and daily A etc

But having done the whole week of them this sums it up pretty much.

This muppet almost ruined my race however managed to get back to first.

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

You can't race against people that can't even drive and this is a YT er who didn't even bother finishing.

Last edited:
I did 7 more Tokyo races between 3:30am to 5;20am. Man I'm tired, I think I'm gonna have to take a nap. I made a lot of mistakesat least 3 times in each race. Sleep is also an important factor for performing well in races. There was this dude in an AMG in my 9th Tokyo race that kept riding my butt. I got mad on Lap 2 and hit him,luckily I did not get penalized. On Lap 3 I slowed down and let him go on. What an ordeal. I finished dead last, but surprisingly I got a CRB.

Have you checked the pedal calibration recently? Mine resets occasionally so the range is tiny, more like a button press so not using 85% of the travel
@newmedia_dev
Thanks for the tip, I was wondering why something wasn't really working after the update when driving. The brakes barely reached 100% and the gas had a range of 20% (nor or full). I still couldn't improve my times, but I was at least able to get close to them again after calibration. But i have real problems when a car has tires other than racing tires mounted on it.

I wonder how people are doing at Daytona. I hope I can make time to do 3 to 4 races tonight when I get up. If not I'll have to stick with Tokyo. I dislike that U turn after the tunnel. I hit the wall and cones sometimes and it's a pain in the ass.
Do you all feel my pain here?
Some parts of the track are narrow.

@newmedia_dev
Thanks for the tip, I was wondering why something wasn't really working after the update when driving. The brakes barely reached 100% and the gas had a range of 20% (nor or full). I still couldn't improve my times, but I was at least able to get close to them again after calibration. But i have real problems when a car has tires other than racing tires mounted on it.
No probs, with the tires just try not to over drive the car and focus on inputs when the car is straight or winding on the power as you wind off the steering lock or easing off the brakes as you are winding it on and being comfortable that the car will move a bit and that is ok, you'll start to feel it more and eventually use it abuse some of the attitudes the car gets in.

It takes time and just trying to picture a car from above in your head and matching that to the screen.

View attachment 1395026

View attachment 1395027

You can't race against people that can't even drive and this is a YT er who didn't even bother finishing.
What even is that for racing?

Ridiculous mate.

So Glen, how areyuou coming along at Barcelona and Daytona?
Not my thing this week Chris, in my normal lobbies it's super tight and I'm not the strongest in Spain, also not the greatest with the supra but I do enjoy TT and the Porsche for A this week is like catnip

If I tried I could probably find some performances but it's just not as fun as balancing a car on the throttle 2 inches from Armco. As you know I don't usually do A races but I love these cars on tracks where you can race.

But this is all ok, I'm pretty fast at TM and Nurbs GP so next week I'll be doing ranking events.

View attachment 1395026

View attachment 1395027

Pretty funny, that was a perfect, bowling 7-10 split. He looks to be mad at the entire world. I looked him up, he’s a C-C driver. A grid that ranges from A to C can be tough, you get all kinds in a race like that.

Last edited:
Pretty funny, that was a perfect, bowling 7-10 split. He looks to be mad at the entire world. I looked him up, he’s a C-C driver. A grid that ranges from A to C can be tough, you get all kinds in a race like that.
It's not even racing John, I get ability spread and it can get a bit chaotic but rocking up from the back and not even braking. I mean not to you but come on, we aren't even playing the same game in online if that's their approach.

The thing that annoys me the most is it's ok to go from the back to figure things out, or practice race stuff but to go from the back and quit when you can't even brake for the first hairpin on a Sunday. It's thoroughly ridiculous quite frankly.

He didn't even out brake himself, his self awareness was so poor. I mean Jesus f Christmas

Sunday racing concludes and it’s been a belter I have to say, race B at B.B/A has been a pleasure, a few wins, started enjoying it once I got in the G70.

Attached is a video I made of the win that shouldn’t have been, the epitome of me shooting myself in the foot, mad last couple of laps.

Excuse my terrible editing ability hopefully the content is worth the watch.

Last edited:
Sunday racing concludes and it’s been a belter I have to say, race B at B.B/A has been a pleasure, a few wins, started enjoying it once I got in the G70.

Attached is a video I made of the win that shouldn’t have been, the epitome of me shooting myself in the foot, mad last couple of laps.

Excuse my terrible editing ability hopefully the content is worth the watch.

What a race! That was epic! Not sure about the hairpin love move ;)

I watched the rest of the race.

He blamed PD for picking the "stupid reverse track" because he didn't know it.

How about... driving it in practice mode a bit first then, rather than just going into live races on a track you don't know and screwing it up for others?

I watched the rest of the race.

He blamed PD for picking the "stupid reverse track" because he didn't know it.

How about... driving it in practice mode a bit first then, rather than just going into live races on a track you don't know and screwing it up for others?
I know. It's really weird that they have a whole free practice/time trial mode in race conditions to do a lap or two...

Apologies for the filter avoiding annoyance but even now, I'm raging. Clumsy/silly is ok and I get but that stuff doesn't belong on daily races regardless if it's A or C or B.

I've breathed a bit now so calm is restored but just sigh

@newmedia_dev

Another factor which I've thought about this week in particular for Race A, and in general. If there's a player who lives in Race A, so to speak, they could well be A- level or better but you would never know because they've just been hammering non ranked the whole time.

In this sense, Race A being unranked kinda ruins the matchmaking.

@newmedia_dev

Another factor which I've thought about this week in particular for Race A, and in general. If there's a player who lives in Race A, so to speak, they could well be A- level or better but you would never know because they've just been hammering non ranked the whole time.

In this sense, Race A being unranked kinda ruins the matchmaking.
That is true, flip that a little and you have an a ranked player at the front 2s ahead at least on QT yet I'm still out braked... but not really out braked because I'm there so it doesn't matter because 🤷‍♂️ you can go faster not braking?

There is a lot of players who could be better and achieve more but in these lobbies I don't think they care. That's ok cause peeps do peeps and we are playing a different game.

Mine is the long game, winning a daily A on my US alt account isn't going to bother me that much to be fair.

I expect better quality from people buying a racing game.

It's not even racing John, I get ability spread and it can get a bit chaotic but rocking up from the back and not even braking. I mean not to you but come on, we aren't even playing the same game in online if that's their approach.

The thing that annoys me the most is it's ok to go from the back to figure things out, or practice race stuff but to go from the back and quit when you can't even brake for the first hairpin on a Sunday. It's thoroughly ridiculous quite frankly.

He didn't even out brake himself, his self awareness was so poor. I mean Jesus f Christmas
"Respect the sport"

That probably applies to everyone who takes the time to post on this forum.

That guy obviously doesn't respect the sport. It sucks when those guys surface.

Last edited:
I'm going to miss that Tokyo race A, it had a little bit of everything. I made a few new friends, learned of who isn't very friendly, I even got to battle a Gran Turismo world champion for a win!

Hopefully PD don't make us wait 2 years for the next race here, I would quite like to see it as a race B/C with sensible slipstream settings too. The chaos of the extreme settings has been ridiculously good fun this week but it's a genuinely fun circuit to drive in its own right, especially the middle sector where you have to skim the barriers to get the most out of it, that in a Gr3 car would be a blast!

Here are my favourite bits from the week:

I'm going to miss that Tokyo race A, it had a little bit of everything. I made a few new friends, learned of who isn't very friendly, I even got to battle a Gran Turismo world champion for a win!

Hopefully PD don't make us wait 2 years for the next race here, I would quite like to see it as a race B/C with sensible slipstream settings too. The chaos of the extreme settings has been ridiculously good fun this week but it's a genuinely fun circuit to drive in its own right, especially the middle sector where you have to skim the barriers to get the most out of it, that in a Gr3 car would be a blast!

Here are my favourite bits from the week:

Disappointed my absolutely crapping myself when you wanted to drift it round didn't make the playlist!

Disappointed my absolutely crapping myself when you wanted to drift it round didn't make the playlist!
🤣 I should've tried that in your car, the 911 should be a lot better at getting the rear out than the Lexus with it's perfect handling!

I cut a lot of stuff out because everything seemed to happen in one corner that race, I didn't want a full video of turn 1 stuff.

Latest Posts

Back