GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,852 comments
I learnt that lesson with blood and I dont go through ghosts no matter the time they are serving.
I chase their slip and move aside once I get there.

I still believe that sport mode should be better with no ghost system at all.
A car spun ahead? bad luck but thats racing.
hehehe, I just started ACC in simgrid seasons where there is no ghosting. Let me tell you, when a yellow comes out, you slow the eff down and put your eyes down the track. I actually like it, it feels more 'right'

(I'm not done here, there is nothing like GT7 for ease of pick-up-and-play , also much higher participation)

hehehe, I just started ACC in simgrid seasons where there is no ghosting. Let me tell you, when a yellow comes out, you slow the eff down and put your eyes down the track. I actually like it, it feels more 'right'

(I'm not done here, there is nothing like GT7 for ease of pick-up-and-play , also much higher participation)
But in a 4 lap 7/8 min race what can they do? They want people racing not repairing faked damage. When it's a nett 15-25s pit stop loss plus damage. That's almost 1/8th of the race for B

I understand their dilemma completely, I like heavy damage in the GTWS but they are almost proper race lengths sometimes.

But in a twenty min and 30 min hopper/cycle I don't think I have a better (fairer maybe but not better solution)

But in a 4 lap 7/8 min race what can they do? They want people racing not repairing faked damage. When it's a nett 15-25s pit stop loss plus damage. That's almost 1/8th of the race for B

I understand their dilemma completely, I like heavy damage in the GTWS but they are almost proper race lengths sometimes.

But in a twenty min and 30 min hopper/cycle I don't think I have a better (fairer maybe but not better solution)
I also agree with you - it is a delicate balance for a 'game'. I haven't been involved in any serious contact in acc, but in a turn 1 situation, there can be some real slow crawling to get past an incident, further spreading out the field. But that is exactly what happens in real racing. (I know, I know, this isn't 'real' and I've made that argument myself!)

I also liked the idea, at first, of heavy damage in GTWS. But in practice, I always seemed to be rear-ended in lap one and then losing many seconds down dottinger on nord or somesuch and I grew to hate it. So much so that I started just driving on my GT2 alt.

I think there are more seasoned, veteran racers in ACC who just accept it. I put 100+ hours in before I felt even close to ready to go online.

No ghosting most certainly would be a disaster for the low ranks and likely turn people off of continuing. And then we'd see the numbers in the higher ranks plummet.

Anyone tried the Corvette in daily C? I consider it for tomorrow. Needs some short shifting apparently, does that mean I will have more fuel at the end and a disadvantage, or this will be minor and irrelevant?

Anyone tried the Corvette in daily C? I consider it for tomorrow. Needs some short shifting apparently, does that mean I will have more fuel at the end and a disadvantage, or this will be minor and irrelevant?
Fuel isn't an issue, it's fast for all the out field but can be a handful for the infield.

It depends on the lobbies but if you want a competitive FR car I'd probably go supra or the GTR for balanced pace.

I also agree with you - it is a delicate balance for a 'game'. I haven't been involved in any serious contact in acc, but in a turn 1 situation, there can be some real slow crawling to get past an incident, further spreading out the field. But that is exactly what happens in real racing. (I know, I know, this isn't 'real' and I've made that argument myself!)

I also liked the idea, at first, of heavy damage in GTWS. But in practice, I always seemed to be rear-ended in lap one and then losing many seconds down dottinger on nord or somesuch and I grew to hate it. So much so that I started just driving on my GT2 alt.

I think there are more seasoned, veteran racers in ACC who just accept it. I put 100+ hours in before I felt even close to ready to go online.

No ghosting most certainly would be a disaster for the low ranks and likely turn people off of continuing. And then we'd see the numbers in the higher ranks plummet.
Speaking of balance, I need to keep practicing and balancing my skills and I will become an even better driver everyday, even though I won't use a wheel. I put in a lot of hours too before I started my first day of online mode, that's how I'm doing good now. There were some days where I doubted myself and wanted to give up, but I'm glad I kept pressing through the tunnel everyday. Thanks to everyone's support. So, how did you guys survive all these years? It is a struggle at times trying to be the very best out there. It's like going through regular schooling.

Last edited:
Speaking of balance, I need to keep practicing and balancing my skills and I will become an even better driver everyday, even though I won't use a wheel. I put in a lot of hours too before I started my first day of online mode, that's how I'm doing good now. There were some days where I doubted myself and wanted to give up, but I'm glad I kept pressing through the tunnel everyday. Thanks to everyone's support. So, how did you guys survive all these years? It is a struggle at times trying to be the very best out there. It's like going through regular schooling.
Aside from all the whining we do on here, the racing is very good. That's what keeps me coming back (and whining).

This one was fun. Been really working at Interlagos this week. It's either been getting punted off or fast but not fast enough. This one wasn't easy in the slightest, a race long battle. In the end though first win at the track and first win with the Lamborghini, a car I've historically never gotten on with.

Bravo mate. What an amazingly close and clean race. Good watch.

I also like your presentation - very real and easy to watch.

Gotta love races like that, 👌

Gran Turismo 7 the ghost contact penalty

What happens here exactly? Is it a glitch to hit a ghost or could that person do this deliberately? He looks awful dirty regardless of what happened.

This clip looks a lot like the first laps I'm having at TM. It's hard to avoid or slow down from some melee ahead of you, without the people behind ramming you because they brake too late or are just too impatient. It's better if you start at the front I suppose, though the only time I started from the front row, I got punted out of T1.

Never had that ghost issue before. I tend these days to always swerve around ghosts when possible because you never know when they'll come solid. Also one experience I followed someone to the penalty line for them to slam their brakes on so I'd hit the back of the car.

IMG_1301.png

IMG_1302.png

Guessing

A: Van race
B: Gr 3
C: Gr 4

Last edited:
Back