GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,934 comments
Really looking forward to Spa this week. Also enjoy racing Sardegna A. And Sim Grid Seasons is running Spa and Watkins. Have to try and fit in some work this week šŸ˜‰

@Chris30 - weather is not changeable at Spa according to Wombleā€™s track guide.

PS Wish PD wouldnā€™t sort lobbies so that those of us with SR S sometimes have to race against players with a higher DR but a much lower SR. I was in lobbies at the Nurb GP last week and Sardegna this morning with SR C and D drivers. And, yes, they are as bad as youā€™d guess!

once the early spinners are out of the way or left behind there just isn't a lot of clear passing places as it's so flowing and the hairpins so so so slow

Yes, but I'd imagine there'll be some races were one or two people end up losing control somehow and end up netting me some free positions.
Yes you would imagine correctly exactly what I said previously?

I type to many words sometimes.

You've had some good races there this week! Saw you in the distance occasionallyšŸ‘€
Cheers. Yeah, pretty solid week. :D Tried some from the back to begin the week with but I donā€™t really like the slow second sector at Interlagos, especially with players ahead and behind you with questionable race craft, that sector can become quite a stupid mess. People have a tendency to do the boring defense of parking on the apex there which often leads to incidents. You may read the situation and take avoiding action but the dude behind you probably wonā€™t and then you got that ping pong crashing crap going on. Dreadful stuff. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

All that said ā€” ā€œforcedā€ to qualify and fortunately pace was pretty good (1ā€™30.327), landing me pole almost all the time. To demonstrate in numbers and statistics what I mean above: in the first 10 races I lost CRB 4 times (6/10 = 60%), once I qualified and went from pole (and 2nd pos 15 or so times) from race 11 onwards I got 47/52 clean (90,38%). Lovely! :D

Had many exciting and intense races, especially with a nice Polish guy, WarioR_bambik. Another really cool one on the final evening against SanJackGG8, replay below. That one I actually found so good I was laughing and properly smiling afterwards. Hunting him real close for all six laps, managed to get next to him as he made a minor miss on the final lap, was ahead for the final three corners, got a nice exit as well but the straight line speed of that Supra ainā€™t to mess with.

896088ff48aa92d14a7b08aa1f5e224f_photo.webp

41e74f47892dbecfd18f18f3bbe3e77c_photo.webp

Wow, amazing win ratio and amazing top 5 finishes ratio, impressive šŸ‘
You comment on those but not the clean races ratio (which is the one Iā€™m focusing on)? Come on, man! :ouch::lol::cool: Thanks. ;)

Not feeling confident that I will be starting anywhere close to the top 5 at Sardegna this week! Took me around 30 laps setting up the wheel and in-game to be able to barely get into the 1:40's šŸ˜… Sitting in 13xx in the LB is not promising for sure - Top 400 doesn't even guarantee a P7+ start for me most times lol but will see tomorrow, maybe it will be good at the back?! (never gonna happen, I know!)

Anyway, this is what 2 hours of grinding got me tonight.... Good luck folks!

1728945948555.jpeg
1728945958083.jpeg

1728945970847.jpeg

Back